Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Ryan White poo poo stuck with me for a long time. I had a moment some years ago that kind of brought it all back so I stopped using my real name. I went to a birthday party at a bar, walked in and a high school buddy yelled my name and some dude was like "didn't you die of AIDS LOL" and I grabbed a beer mug and threw it at him before I even knew what was happening. Thankfully the cop that showed up was a friend and I stayed out of handcuffs.

I joke but it's really a miracle I didn't turn into one of these psychos shooting up schools or blowing up cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I joke but it's really a miracle I didn't turn into one of these psychos shooting up schools or blowing up cops.

:eng101: Yet.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

so are you 9ft tall now or

Nah it leveled out about there. Spent most of school watching everyone else catch up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I don't even like leaving the house.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I had a food course in junior high that introduced meats to us by playing a 20/20 dramatic re-enactment of the Jack In The Box food poisoning death spree in California.

It's taken a long time for me to get over my complete fear of food poisoning everyone around me by even looking at raw meat sideways. Now I can (sort of) cook!

What is this real? I am not joking never heard of this

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Jack in the Box was my jam as a kid then the whole e. coli thing happened and I haven't really been back since (except for drunk tacos or in airports)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We had JitB in SanFran and it was tasty. Then a barking homeless lady came in and started making a big scene so we had to leave.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm a sucker for the jalapeno sriracha bacon burger.

Every. God. drat. Time.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
JitB is bad, like most fast food places

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BigPaddy posted:

Apparently this was a subject of ridicule right up until I broke the kids nose and jaw. That is my story.
Pretty much this. The best way to stop bullies is to push back hard.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BraveUlysses posted:

JitB is bad, like most fast food places

I'd put it as the bottom most tier of poo poo food.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

I did try that when I was a kid. The bully returned with 6 other kids and they beat my rear end to a pulp.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

everdave posted:

What is this real? I am not joking never heard of this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Jack_in_the_Box_E._coli_outbreak

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

Yup. I moved right before Freshman year of high school. New kid at a super rich, snobby school was no fun. One sophomore in my technical drawing class kept teasing me, day after day. One day I had enough, he was standing over me at my desk, I stood up and gave him one right in the nose. He bled, teacher stepped in, I ate a suspension. Worth it, I never heard another word from him.

Edit: I hadn't though of him in probably 10 years, so I looked him up on Facebook -- Hey Rhyno -- he's still in Fort Wayne and he's one of the motorcycle douches.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 21, 2018

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

"So good it's scary!"

Wow. and those little kids died. I don't even know what to say.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chipotle had a scare like 2 years ago and I still ate there 3 times a week because it's that goddamned good.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

A coworker just had a kid...and named it Prius

:doh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

Jesus, call CPS.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Goober Peas posted:

https://i.imgur.com/cAE1MoL.gifv

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

InitialDave posted:

This is a good way to go to juvie these days. Particularly if you aren't white as gently caress.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

nm posted:

This is a good way to go to juvie these days. Particularly if you are white as gently caress.
Fixed

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

You would be the one to say white people are oppressed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, white kids go to a juvie center for 48 hours. Black kids get treated as adults and sent to county.

My friend's kid who attacked another kid because he thought the white kid was making a racist comment got sent to county because he was an enormous 15 year old.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

iwentdoodie posted:

You would be the one to say white people are oppressed.
Nah it's cool. I live(d) in CA. I was the minority.

But more seriously it does depend on where you are. Minorities are definitely under the boot more in some areas than in others.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ilkhan posted:

:qq:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dicking around with farm simulator. Makes me feel like a real farmer!

Although you can tell i'm not because the poo poo's strapped down.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Dicking around with farm simulator. Makes me feel like a real farmer!

Although you can tell i'm not because the poo poo's strapped down.

Is there a feature where you can beg government for massive subsidies then wail about having to pay taxes on them?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

nm posted:

This is a good way to go to juvie these days. Particularly if you aren't white as gently caress.
Luckily, I am. But in all seriousness, if you're not going to stop bullies picking on kids, you've got no moral authority to punish them when they shoulder-barge the dickhead into a wall.

I feel bad for kids now with social media stuff meaning they can get poo poo off others 24/7, while at the same time being hemmed in by what they're able to actually do about any of it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

But more seriously it does depend on where you are. Minorities are definitely under the boot more in some areas than in others.

That doesn't make your bullshit talking point any more relevant, other than being a dogwhistle.

There is nowhere in this country that a white kid is going to be treated worse than any other race. To pretend otherwise is straight up horse poo poo, casual racism.

Edit: I lived in CA also, for the record. You're still the majority. Just move up to eastern Washington with the rest of your people.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

There is nowhere in this country that a white kid is going to be treated worse than any other race. To pretend otherwise is straight up horse poo poo, casual racism.
Not my argument. Whites are usually treated better, but to not acknowledge that SJW bullshit isn't making that line a lot thinner is also racist. People assigning harsher punishment to white kids out of racism guilt is still racism.

The goal is to treat all races the same. Anything else is still racist bullshit. Bullies should get their due. Kids defending themselves should get rewarded. Simple as that.

And I think the word is plurality, largest single group but less than half. Which is neither here nor there.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Ordered tired from TireRack, had them shipped to their recommended mobile installer (ASAP Tires), ended up being really easy except I didn't find out they need 9'6" of clearance until after I selected them as the installer, and my office parking garage has a 6'6" max. Had them install at my house (in the pouring rain), but I was impressed the guy rattle gunned them on most of the way then took out an actual torque wrench for the final tightening. That alone makes me willing to reuse them.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

iwentdoodie posted:

There is nowhere in this country that a white kid is going to be treated worse than any other race.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

ilkhan posted:

Not my argument. Whites are usually treated better, but to not acknowledge that SJW bullshit isn't making that line a lot thinner is also racist. People assigning harsher punishment to white kids out of racism guilt is still racism.

The goal is to treat all races the same. Anything else is still racist bullshit. Bullies should get their due. Kids defending themselves should get rewarded. Simple as that.

And I think the word is plurality, largest single group but less than half. Which is neither here nor there.

Bingo! I've got bingo here!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
That escalated quickly.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I have decided that Kristen Bell is extremely my jam.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tide posted:

I have decided that Kristen Bell is extremely my jam.

It's a good jam to have

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Yeah. Maybe I'll ignore the piss poor dogwhistle this time.

Rhyno posted:

That Ryan White poo poo stuck with me for a long time. I had a moment some years ago that kind of brought it all back so I stopped using my real name. I went to a birthday party at a bar, walked in and a high school buddy yelled my name and some dude was like "didn't you die of AIDS LOL" and I grabbed a beer mug and threw it at him before I even knew what was happening. Thankfully the cop that showed up was a friend and I stayed out of handcuffs.

You are hereby billed one penalty pet toll as well as your required pet toll. Payment is now due

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

A good catte toll.

Now. Does anyone have experience with shared workshops?

• Locked thread