Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Martin Glenn posted:

Robert Mugabe on your shirt

three lions remix shaping up nicely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Breath Ray posted:

three lions remix shaping up nicely

ZAPU still dreaming

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sebzilla posted:

That owns and Big Bobby Mugabe did nothing wrong

So anyone move next, I'll hit you with two TECs
Rocking Robert Mugabe, no shirt on, convertible Mazi
My Colombiana mommy riding beside me

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

"We will fight any move by the FA to retrospectively strip us of the 2012 Centurion Double Glazing Challenge Shield"

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

I wonder if Heamorrhoid Pilsner tastes like a bunch of red grapes.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

I heard Kagawa turned down a move to that club as he thought 90 minutes was plenty

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/973007646260416513

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I assume you’ve all seen the pictures on the front of the UK papers today showing Jamie Carragher spitting out of his car at a 14 year old girl?

:captainpop:

Edit: found a link, sorry it’s The Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5781959/jamie-carragher-spitting-video-spits-at-fan-liverpool-manchester-united/

monkeytennis fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 12, 2018

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

monkeytennis posted:

I assume you’ve all seen the pictures on the front of the UK papers today showing Jamie Carragher spitting out of his car at a 14 year old girl?

:captainpop:

Already being discussed in the Prem thread. Please don't give The Sun traffic.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That Greek match was abandoned.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43369490

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Living in America has broken my brain because when I actually read the story beneath the headline I thought "oh it was just in a hip holster what's the big deal the headline made it sound like he was waving it around" and then I remembered that even having a gun in a hip holster at a sporting match is loving insane

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Living in America has broken my brain because when I actually read the story beneath the headline I thought "oh it was just in a hip holster what's the big deal the headline made it sound like he was waving it around" and then I remembered that even having a gun in a hip holster at a sporting match is loving insane

I’ve dealt with guns the majority of my life, to include almost a decade of Army stuff, and it’s insane to me. I would never have a carry like that at a sport event.

Without largely delving into gun chat, it’s a stupid idea for two reasons. 1) people think you are a threat, including other people with guns and 2) you can hurt someone by making a stupid decision.

I’m not saying own them or don’t, but 9 times out of ten, you are going to do more harm than good taking out a weapon at an event. Responders can mistake you for an aggressor.

It’s a good thing he wasn’t Albanian. He would have been shot on the field.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

there is literally no reason to bring a gun to a sports game unless you want to shoot someone at a sports game.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
They should arm the linesmen and the fourth official, but not the head referee (which would be dangerous).

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

there is literally no reason to bring a gun to a sports game unless you want to shoot someone at a sports game.

what if you want to intimidate someone. what if you have elections that year and you want to make the public believe you're a strong leader. or what if you're a weak leader and you want to distract the public with something.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

ok sorry, those are pretty good reasons to bring a gun to a sports game

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Soulex posted:

I’ve dealt with guns the majority of my life, to include almost a decade of Army stuff, and it’s insane to me. I would never have a carry like that at a sport event.

Without largely delving into gun chat, it’s a stupid idea for two reasons. 1) people think you are a threat, including other people with guns and 2) you can hurt someone by making a stupid decision.

I’m not saying own them or don’t, but 9 times out of ten, you are going to do more harm than good taking out a weapon at an event. Responders can mistake you for an aggressor.

It’s a good thing he wasn’t Albanian. He would have been shot on the field.

this is a useful post because now i can see why its bad to bring a gun to a football game

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

http://www.uprightcitizens.org/11/rules.html

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lewigowland/status/974980161019015168
https://twitter.com/lewigowland/status/974986365946515457

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Darron

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

thank you for the correction
https://twitter.com/SAFCsource/status/975005227479916544

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think that's what the manager meant when he said "Go out and get three points".

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Ninpo posted:

I don't think that's what the manager meant when he said "Go out and get three points".

lol

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ninpo posted:

:discourse:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ninpo posted:

yesssssss

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ninpo posted:

Nice

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ninpo posted:

Lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Ninpo posted:

heh

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/975708371000184837

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I am very surprised this occurred in Albania

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I am very surprised this occurred in Albania

Same

Sarcasm because some idiot will be like “he really doesn’t believe?!”

No, I do. I saw a hotel being built around a house. The house had a sign begging for help. Country is corrupt as gently caress.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why have you been to Albania, what occasions a man to do so

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My wife is Albanian and I’ve been there at least 10 times for various occasions. It’s also my plan C, where I know I can live on my pension for the rest of my life and never have to work again. The longest stay was a month.

The hotel in question was in a town on the coast. I forget the exact town but could ask my wife. I want to say Saranda but I know that’s wrong.

It’s actually a really nice country down south towards Greece and up in the mountains. Tepelene is nice. Only problem is the corruption is so bad, you’ll get pulled over by a cop and shaken down (happened to my family a lot, we never paid because we had extended family that knew the officers). The infrastructure is crap, super bad, but they are trying to get better. Food is good and beer is cheap. You can live like a king for a week on what a 1-day vacation costs anywhere else.

Albania gets poo poo on a lot, but they’ve also been oppressed for a hell of a long time. My wife told me stories about getting shot at during the civil war just because her family was getting the gently caress out of dodge and the gangsters thought they were targets or something. She remembers growing up with communism and that bullshit. Rationing sugar and stuff like that. Albania isn’t just movies like Taken or whatever, and stereotyping them as such isn’t fair. The Albanians I know have been nothing short of kind, giving, and accommodating.

People are people though so yes, there are idiots and assholes. Just as they are in every culture.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was trying to find the article about januzaj being a really cheap date and got this instead

https://twitter.com/redmancunian/status/450237427781603328

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I wonder if she found out Shinji’s preferred position

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

St Evan Echoes posted:

lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Vegetable posted:

Why have you been to Albania, what occasions a man to do so

there are some fully sick roman ruins at butrint, which are ironically much nicer than the actual buildings the locals lived in

you can also swim in the freshwater spring and then get the boat back to corfu where all the greeks will tell you off for visiting albania, a terrible place full of "all the rapists"

there are no other reasons

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

St Evan Echoes posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

St Evan Echoes posted:

:eyepop: