Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pearl is dropping a deuce on the sidewalk again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

bizarre deformity posted:

Pearl is dropping a deuce on the sidewalk again

Yeah I'm not sure what is wrong with me (and you) but the first thing I thought was public voiding, as well.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stonk: I just found out you can get a long range flick with the splat roller by jumping before you flick.

This changes everything.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait, how do you flick without jumping?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:stonk: I just found out you can get a long range flick with the splat roller by jumping before you flick.

This changes everything.

how do you not do this all the time unintentionally!?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• JP Newest models Vs Popular models @ March 24th 15:00 JT

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Do the slav squat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This changes everything.

Now learn to use it on squidkids hovering with the Inkjet :unsmigghh:.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/1stLethalGeek/status/976338339451232256

Never give up. Never surrender.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

Never give up. Never surrender.
Booyah

:woomy:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Takoluka posted:

how do you not do this all the time unintentionally!?

I guess I dont jump enough?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I jump a lot and whenever I get dualies in Salmon Run I end up rolling to my doom at least once because I tried to jump.

I like dualies, but I don't use them in ranked so the muscle memory in tight spots works against me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah as a bucket user I am jumping while firing like 99% of the time

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Now learn to use it on squidkids hovering with the Inkjet :unsmigghh:.

Like this:

https://twitter.com/ZeGermanButler/status/975572944016457730?s=20

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I find it more satisfying doing it from ground-level beneath them;

"What, you think I can't reach you? *BAM*"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I hope they catch that typo about the "Promise" land before go time.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cocoa Crispies posted:

*Marina pointing dualies at Pearl in her cubicle*

"Which came first? Ranch or Cool Ranch?"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:vince:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just played a round of arowana TC with 4 people on the other team with stingray...it was horrible

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/976511272173883392?s=21
I think we’ve seen this art before for Splatoon 1 behind the scenes but still neat. Apparently Yoshis were also considered as characters for Splatoon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
DEBUNNIFY YOURSELF AND FACE TO SQUIDSHED.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think we’ve seen this art before for Splatoon 1 behind the scenes but still neat. Apparently Yoshis were also considered as characters for Splatoon.

How long does it take for GDC talks to show up online? I wanna check this one out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:emptyquote:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Amazing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lmao

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yoshis vomiting fruit juice on each other :kingsley:

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
I remember reading about how Miyamoto threatened to put Mario in the game if the developers didn't come up with a character/personality who could represent the game, so their solution was to add fictional idols who could read the news and host events. I have no idea if it's true or not, but it's weird to think about Splatoon becoming just another Mario game. Splatoon's development sounds very interesting and makes the game sound like a happy little accident, so I hope the GDC talk is made public eventually.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fuckin' A.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

After getting back into this a bunch the last week (and hopefully breaking the S- barrier any game now) I gotta say, Splatoon is truly, truly special. Glad it took off as well as it did (esp in Japan) because I never want Nintendo to stop loving with this franchise. Give me Splatoon Picross, give me a 100-player Splattle Royale spin-off, give me everything. I'm glad they're expanding the single player with the new expansion too because there's potential to do a lot of cool stuff there.

edit: one thing that I hope to see in the next installment (or, really optimistically, in an update) is the ability to keep up with friends better. Even if they want to keep detailed battle stats private (although an option to show them on your profile would be cool) I should be able to go through my friends list and see their outfits and what weapons they've been using and stuff, even if that just means them being more likely to populate the plaza or something. For a game with such a focus on swag and showing off it's hard to actually do so

goferchan fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 22, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really looking forward to the Callie stat dispenser in 3.0, clearly they've been collecting a shitload of data and only surfacing it in discrete or time limited chunks on the app. I really wanna see like, a lifetime winrate and time % in squid form, kid form, super jump time etc

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh I forgot that was even part of 3.0! Sick. Yeah the app has a lot of good info you can't get in-game (like per-stage per-mode winrates) but more is even better

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

When’s the Octoling DLC supposed to drop? After the 3.0 update or with it?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

3.0 is April and I believe Octoling is July. Don't know if we have further dates than that

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Why isn't salmon run permanent

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

E2M2 posted:

Because gently caress You, that's why.

No actually they just don't want the playerbase to be all doing one thing I guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Salmon run is active at least one daily so you do your daily bonus. They could probably switch to the daily bonus being an actual daily bonus I suppose

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

I'm really looking forward to the Callie stat dispenser in 3.0, clearly they've been collecting a shitload of data and only surfacing it in discrete or time limited chunks on the app. I really wanna see like, a lifetime winrate and time % in squid form, kid form, super jump time etc

Data miners found at some point the save file sizes for Splatoon got much bigger (83% bigger) than at like launch or so. So yeah, they probably started collecting this info (and a lot of it from the sounds of it) fairly early on.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Octo Expansion is not a part of 3.0.0. All we were told was "summer", though the eShop says 7/31. Though that could just be a placeholder date.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

E2M2 posted:

Because Nintendo is always right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

E2M2 posted:

Mr Grizz needs a timeout occasionally to inspect all the shift's haul.