Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love when famous people show their nerd card on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iron Crowned posted:

I mean it's not like Sarah Michelle Gellar has done anything but bad horror movies since.

She sells yuppy cookie mix to yuppy milfs with underpaid nannies.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

She’s probably only watching because she married a Reddit cofounder.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

She turned him into a JW? 10% of 2 gently caress tons is a nice slice for the church.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rocksicles posted:

She sells yuppy cookie mix to yuppy milfs with underpaid nannies.

She also voiced a bad guy in Star Wars Rebels!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Mu Zeta posted:

She actually voiced one of the prison guards holding Iroh in ATLA.

I can’t find the source right now but if I recall correctly she asked to tour the show’s production office because she was a fan and while she was there either Brian and Mike asked her if she wanted to voice a character. She’s the Fire Nation guard who was nice to Iroh in season three.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

On My Block sure has on hell of a season cliffhanger. :stare:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah I think Buffy is legit one of the best shows of all time (or at least one of my favorites) but I'm not too interested in seeing a continuation at this point, and I drat sure don't think there's any point in a reboot. The show ran seven seasons and went out on a relatively high note, just let it rest and try to make other good shows instead.

Didn't the series end with the one slayer restriction being lifted?

I mean if you want to make a new "Buffy," why not just have it be about a new Slayer in a new locale? I mean yeah, there was the Hellmouth in Sunnydale, but who says that there can't be some other supernatural confluence point in Bumblefuck, Maryland?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Turns out Robin Williams was a giant pervert too. There's a new biography coming out and during the production of Mork and Mindy he would grope, grab, hump and expose himself to any woman he could. Backed up by multiple sources.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just as long as Mr. Rogers never turns out to have been a sex pest or serial abuser, I'll be ok.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PriorMarcus posted:

Turns out Robin Williams was a giant pervert too. There's a new biography coming out and during the production of Mork and Mindy he would grope, grab, hump and expose himself to any woman he could. Backed up by multiple sources.

Dude had a massive cocaine and alcohol problem throughout the '70s, this is probably the least-surprising thing ever.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You have to be hosed in the head to be a successful standup. The idea of trying to make a crowd of strangers laughs within 15 seconds of meeting you sounds brutal. And I'm sure they get booed off the stage like the first 100 times they try it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PriorMarcus posted:

I knew this was coming.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

raditts posted:

Sleepy Hollow.
Human Target.

Hell, Luke Cage had a harder dropoff in quality between the first and second halves of its first season.

Also, I think you may be romanticizing JJ season 1 a bit, because while it had a better story and Kilgrave was a much more compelling villain, it was at least 3-4 episodes longer than it needed to be.

I'll never not love this stupid show but it was a pretty big drop

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

I knew this was coming.

What Pam Dawber seemed to be saying was that it was blown off as part of his shtick. I can't imagine Harvey Weinstein walking around set bare assed naked and farting on people.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Louie Anderson is just transcendent in Baskets this season

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope he wins the Emmy again this year after they gave it to Baldwin last year for doing basically gently caress all

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hey now, the man turned up to a studio on some Saturdays to do not the best Trump impression on TV for a few minutes at a time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
alec baldwin won an emmy for that lmao jesus christ.

Trevor Noah does a better Trump impression than he does!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Even more impressive, given Noah seems to struggle talking in his own voice.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Travelers fans rejoice, now there is The Crossing on ABC which is quite similar with good and bad people arriving from the future. It's obviously got a million times the budget and the pilot was decent enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CeeJee posted:

Travelers fans rejoice, now there is The Crossing on ABC which is quite similar with good and bad people arriving from the future. It's obviously got a million times the budget and the pilot was decent enough.

Trey and Matt should sue.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just got a 55 inch TV and I really don't know how people go bigger than this because it is freaking huge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

I just got a 55 inch TV and I really don't know how people go bigger than this because it is freaking huge.

How deep is your viewing area?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Same but with the 49 inch TV I got last week. I'm using it in a bedroom, though. I guess I understand getting something bigger than this in a big living room or something, but in a bedroom, this seems like the biggest TV that should be in here.

My bedroom is basically doubling as a movie theater now. I got one of those TCL Roku TVs that's just over $300, but still, it's 4K with HDR, and somehow the HDR looks good enough to make me believe I'm in a loving theater when I'm watching movies on this thing.

I don't know how you even get better than this. I mean I'm sure it's possible with OLED TVs and stuff, but drat. This is simultaneously the best TV I've ever owned and it was cheap as gently caress too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Give it a week. Even my wife complains that the 65” OLED we have in the lounge is too now she’s used to it! It was either 65 OLED or 75 LED, but coming from a plasma I knew I’d miss the black levels if I went bigger but with lesser tech.

We sit about... 10 feet back I think? In the future I’d maybe get an L shaped couch to move us a bit closer and put some surround speakers behind us.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

Trevor Noah does a better Trump impression than he does!
His impression is fine, but the writing is bad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I sit a little over 6 feet back in a tiny living room.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You can do a lot with a worse impression if the writing is better, see The President Show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, by 32" TV feels plenty big, even if I were to hang it on a wall or something. It really depends what you're used to

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've had a 70" Sharp for like 5 years now and I'm ready for an 80" or more.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We've got a shared 55 inch for the living room and its good for that space since everyone sits like 10 feet away. But I have a cheap 32 inch in my bedroom that's basically right at the foot of my bed. I can shut the lights off, sit back in bed, and I feel like I'm in a theater. So I actually prefer to watch movies and immersive TV show binges on that one while more "social" TV like sports feels more natural on the bigger tv.

So much of it is just space and positioning. The bedroom one is mounted and raised so it has more of that "theater" feel. The living room one is on a TV stand so it just feels more "grounded" and could probably be bigger (we capped at that size because anything bigger would have created space issues and demanded a new TV stand or mounting it).

Also the big one is Ultra and for the life of me I can't tell the difference. Like, the smaller bedroom one sometimes have crappy video quality but that's because its running on wireless devices while the big one is plugged into the cable and wired into the modem.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We've got a 44" in the bedroom and it's set up right at the end of the bed so that it's basically the same viewing area as sitting in the mid row of a theater. It's fantastic.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have basically the same living room / bedroom setup as STAC and it rules. 32” is about as big as I can get at the foot of the bed given how my bedroom is laid out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I watch Netflix on my phone. Sorry, Roger Deakins.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well now you've gone and upset David Lynch

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Iron Crowned posted:

Didn't the series end with the one slayer restriction being lifted?

I mean if you want to make a new "Buffy," why not just have it be about a new Slayer in a new locale? I mean yeah, there was the Hellmouth in Sunnydale, but who says that there can't be some other supernatural confluence point in Bumblefuck, Maryland?

Well, as the show pointed out once or twice, there is also a Hellmouth in Cleveland.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

And me tbh

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
let's watch Lawrence of Arabia on an Apple Watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Soderbergh filmed his new movie entirely on iPhones so I'll definitely watch that one on an iPhone