Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

Not my argument. Whites are usually treated better, but to not acknowledge that SJW bullshit isn't making that line a lot thinner is also racist. People assigning harsher punishment to white kids out of racism guilt is still racism.

The goal is to treat all races the same. Anything else is still racist bullshit. Bullies should get their due. Kids defending themselves should get rewarded. Simple as that.

And I think the word is plurality, largest single group but less than half. Which is neither here nor there.

It's not SJW bullshit, it's true equality actually happening. Don't like It? Stop voting on loving gun rights and vote on human rights.

White people are starting to be treated like poo poo...The same as every other loving race has been.

Boo loving hoo your privilege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

iwentdoodie posted:

It's not SJW bullshit, it's true equality actually happening. Don't like It? Stop voting on loving gun rights and vote on human rights.

White people are starting to be treated like poo poo...The same as every other loving race has been.

Boo loving hoo your privilege.

"Starting"

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tide posted:

I have decided that Kristen Bell is extremely my jam.

That's something we can ALL agree on.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo this thread. But, it is an interesting discussion. Just...charged.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Holy poo poo this thread. But, it is an interesting discussion. Just...charged.

Are you saying you don't like Kristen Bell?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

White people experiencing what the rest of america deals with their entire lives is hilarious, especially when they think whining about how ITS NOT FAIR NOBODY SHOULD TREAT ME THIS WAY WAHHHHH is going to yield them any sympathy from anyone other than other white people

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Sure is pretty woke in here.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Can we stop this bullshit now y’all shut the gently caress up with race and politics

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I'm not hearing anything but my dog is going loving NUTS

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

They're just trying to be friendly. Give 'em something to eat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0yIusejuRI

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

All mine too. Something about fragility, privilege and being treated as an equal suddenly is a hard pill to swallow.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Sure is pretty woke in here.

Oh hey Ozmiander how are u sleepyhead

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Ok now I got double bingo because someone said 'Woke'.

'Insecure' is the free space, fyi

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

People assigning harsher punishment to white kids out of racism guilt is still racism.

stdh.txt

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Oh hey Ozmiander how are u sleepyhead

I was wondering who that was since it appears to be a poster who doesn't post here except when this stuff comes up

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BraveUlysses posted:

stdh.txt

I was wondering who that was since it appears to be a poster who doesn't post here except when this stuff comes up

Sorry, blatant racism is worth pointing out.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I had to look up "dog whistling" because I've never heard of it lol.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I had to look up "dog whistling" because I've never heard of it lol.

It's an easy way to call anything you don't like racism without having to justify it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:ironicat:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Tires:

My car came with a spare set of wheels so now I have no excuse to not have legitimate seasonal swaps. Right now I have winter tires on and nothing on the spare set but because the seasons are changing I've been thinking about what I want to do. I can't decide between summers or just a good set of all seasons for the warmer weather since I live in an area where the lines between winter and summer are pretty blurred.

Thoughts/recommendations?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's an easy way to call anything you don't like racism without having to justify it.

So like sneaky semantics or something?

I can't keep up with all the silly sayings :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

epic bird guy posted:

Tires:

My car came with a spare set of wheels so now I have no excuse to not have legitimate seasonal swaps. Right now I have winter tires on and nothing on the spare set but because the seasons are changing I've been thinking about what I want to do. I can't decide between summers or just a good set of all seasons for the warmer weather since I live in an area where the lines between winter and summer are pretty blurred.

If you have good winter tyres already, I'd get really good summer tyres with no consideration for cold-weather performance. If your winter tyres are a bit crap, a good (true) all-season may be all you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO0zyQh2l3M

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
There should be some new hot words and terms people use so I don't just go 'lmao one of those dudes' and shove them into a stereotype box when they mash their hamhocks on their keyboard.
Suppose it's only fair because chances are they've already put everyone else into stereotypes of their own :toot:

epic bird guy posted:

Tires:

If your seasons don't approach freezing then I'd wear summers. Performance sure but also braking would be better.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 22, 2018

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

epic bird guy posted:

Tires:

It would probably depend on if it gets regularly below 40°f where you're at during summer. If yes, get all seasons and where the gently caress do you live, the god damned north pole? If no, get summers and hoon on those. Fwiw, the riken raptors I have on year long been excellent all year long, even through our short cold snaps. They're still for the first 500ft or so, then start warming up and go back to normal. Absurdly good in the wet too.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Tampax is an appropriately named product

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Thanks for the replies.

I'm in MN. Summer temps aren't a concern, its mostly spring and fall which can oscillate between freezing and warm pretty regularly. So I guess its a choice between Winter/Summer which means using the winters longer and wearing them faster vs Winter/All-season which allows me to have the all-seasons on longer. I'd like to say I'd use summers May-October, but light snow in May and October is not unheard of.

That said summers would be the right tool for the job for sure in June-September.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

epic bird guy posted:

Tires:

It kinda depends on the car and your driving style besides the other things mentioned. What vehicle are we talking about here?

Summer tires on a Prius are going to have a lot less benefit than summer tires on a Miata.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Motronic posted:

It kinda depends on the car and your driving style besides the other things mentioned. What vehicle are we talking about here?

Summer tires on a Prius are going to have a lot less benefit than summer tires on a Miata.

Saab 9-5 Arc. Not super sporty but not a dog either. I drive pretty commuter-ey most of the time.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I wouldn’t bother with summer tires in that case. They tend to wear out quick, the last set of pilot sports I had lasted 12k. Just get a good set of all seasons and a set of winters.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So like sneaky semantics or something?

I can't keep up with all the silly sayings :v:

Dogwhistle racism is when you say things that, on their face, aren't explicitly racist but every racist agrees And will back it up. Such topics as black on black crime anytime crime is mentioned, 'thug', etc.

See also; ilkhan saying that ignorant rear end poo poo, and ozmiander coming out of the woodwork to pipe in on his side. Or fox news 24/7.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

iwentdoodie posted:

Dogwhistle racism is when you say things that, on their face, aren't explicitly racist but every racist agrees And will back it up. Such topics as black on black crime anytime crime is mentioned, 'thug', etc.

See also; ilkhan saying that ignorant rear end poo poo, and ozmiander coming out of the woodwork to pipe in on his side. Or fox news 24/7.
Also a way to call rational thinking racist because you're a SJW dipshit.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

This seems like a statement at first hand might be reasonable. However, this is a defense used by white nationalists who get their dog-whistles called out. I would highly advise you don't do this as this is the text book example of a dogwhistle itself - People who are well aware of what white nationalists say to hide their real views, plus the ways they use to prevent critique and present them as respectible will be looking at you with suspicion.

quote:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

ilkhan posted:

That's a 3rd bingo :v:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo my klan hood is showing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ilkhan posted:

:gb2gbs:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

"rational thinking" is the new "im not racist, im a race realist :smuggo:"

you started this loving stupid derailment by making a stupid as gently caress 'fixed' post that has no bearing in reality.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

ilkhan posted:

I'd like to see some examples of this "reverse racist" sentencing, but I can't seem to find any? Help?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

wallaka posted:

I'd like to see some examples of this "reverse racist" sentencing, but I can't seem to find any? Help?

"Reverse racism" doesn't exist. You're thinking of "Racism".

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
Treating people the same is now racist. Love you guys.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Hi hello please remember to discuss ideas and not people when talking about the worst possible topic ever: politics.

Acting as if your political opinion is the only relevant opinion will not be tolerated. Acting as if someone else is somehow not a good person, or is intentionally trolling you, because they share differing views than you will also not be tolerated.

When reading something you do not like, please stop and consider that you may be about to react without logical insight on a subject, or may be too emotionally charged about that subject, and may be about to devolve a conversation into a slapfight. If you do this I will be very angry.

If you think this incredibly general, bi-partisan post is singling you and/or your compatriots out, you are too emotionally charged and should take a 10 minute breather or a warm bubble bath or get some sleepytime tea.

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

No, your whining that some white kids are eating the same punishment as everyone else is the racist part. To repeat, it is your whining thats racist. It is NOT equality in sentencing that is racist. :eng101:

Edit: you posted that while I was typing. Not editing. :colbert:

• Locked thread