Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

bell jar posted:

we should arbitrarily detain human beings who choose to arrive here on hell island because:

Nice shifting goalposts. You specifically said we should let everyone in regardless of circumstance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GoldStandardConure posted:

2 white farmers a week are killed: loving EVACUATE SOUTH AFRICA BRING THEM ALL HERE gently caress HURRY

2 women in Australia a week are killed by domestic violence: *cuts funding to womens refuges and social services*

Yes, this point shits me up the wall. As soon as the slightest hint of terrorism or the South African white farmers come up, the government is instantly scrambling for solutions. However women are still being hurt and killed in domestic violence instances and the government either ignores it or have their right wing nut jobs going "bbbbbut what about the men being abused?"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/henriettacook/status/976339939179704330

quote:

The electronic billboard, which was unveiled on Wednesday afternoon, references the opening line from Jane Austin’s Pride and Prejudice, which Dr Davies controversially quoted in a school publication in 2014.

“Men of Trinity, all in possession of a good fortune – a Trinity education – should heed the opening words of Jane Austen in Pride and Prejudice," the billboard reads.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

These direct quotes from Dr Davies were published in the Trinity Grammarian, reportedly offending parents and students who identified as LGBTI.

The billboard then flashes to: "Our school is far too progressive and inclusive for your 18th century views".

The billboard on the back of the black truck screams "Trinity Councillors GET OUT NOW!" and includes images of the remaining six councillors with red crosses across their faces.

https://twitter.com/PublicSerpentOz/status/976563002102001664

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 22, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

an oasis of social and economic harmony in a sea of degenerate sand coons right fellas

Amethyst posted:

Nice shifting goalposts. You specifically said we should let everyone in regardless of circumstance.

bell jar posted:

we should arbitrarily detain human beings who choose to arrive here on hell island because:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If we opened our borders white people would lose their minds and end up making Pauline Hanson PM or something.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

bell jar posted:

an oasis of social and economic harmony in a sea of degenerate sand coons right fellas

I'm saying Israel is the result of mass immigration, you idiot.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Mass immigration = too many Jews

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

JBP posted:

Mass immigration = too many Jews

lmao you loving dipshit.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Open the borders entirely though because I want to buy a swamp and then subdivide it into toxic housing for foreign poors using the money I save when deliveroo rider costs go from $5 to $3

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Amethyst posted:

I'm saying Israel is the result of mass immigration, you idiot.

hahahaha

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

israel would be so much better if there werent so many drat!!!! immigrants!!!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mods change my name to JBP2: Many Jews

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

???

Israel is the product of mass immigration. It is currently in a state of intractable social crisis. Not sure how any of this is controversial.

Here's another one: South Africa.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

South Africa wasn't a country until white people bordered it though, so technically the blacks are the immigrants.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

bell jar posted:

israel would be so much better if there werent so many drat!!!! immigrants!!!

I'm not saying it would be better or worse. Ffs everything collapses down to a moral judgment for you doesn't it? Looking at the consequences of geopolitical events is completely subordinate to taking a personal moral stand on it.

I'm not saying Israel could have been somehow avoided with more morons like Peter Dutton. I'm simply saying that mass immigration leads to social disruption and there is clear evidence of it. Pretending like there aren't consequences is straight up irresponsible.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

JBP posted:

South Africa wasn't a country until white people bordered it though, so technically the blacks are the immigrants.

Nice, i love technical discussions which are completely disconnected from reality.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Mods change my name to GSC2: Electric Jewgaloo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Amethyst posted:

Nice, i love technical discussions which are completely disconnected from reality.

I decide who posts here and the manner in which they post.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/chriskkenny/status/976602007212474369

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Just dogs on the mind 24/7. huh.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Labor are 4 points up 6 months out and the earliest of the big infrastructure projects are coming online.

Reckon he'll be a-ok Mr dogfucker

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Ok Terrific...

:golfclap:

Can we just get past this bullshit slap fight between the greens and Labor?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Like I said a few pages ago, the South African farmers are a US right-wing talking point and it seems to be working brilliantly as a distraction if this thread outrage is any guide.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Look I'm not against farming South Africans but is there a way to do it humanely

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Peter dutton is secretly turning into our trump, and here we through is was pauline all along

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Dimebag posted:

Ok Terrific...

:golfclap:

Can we just get past this bullshit slap fight between the greens and Labor?

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

greens voice: we can't vote against the worst reduction of marine parkland in our history, because otherwise we'll have none, i'm peter whish-whash

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Nick Xenophon Greens

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Amazing how clueless people are to the good things that Dandrews has done in one term compared to the "do nothing" Bailieu/Naptime Government.

- Royal Commission in Domestic Violence
- Removal of level crossings
- Legalising euthanasia
- Medical marijaruna
- Melbourne Metro Tunnel
- Lowered the crime rate

Yes, he isn't perfect (Westgate Tunnel being a big one), but gently caress me it is amazing how the conservatives forget how bad the last state Liberal Government was.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Westgate tunnel directly benefits me and owns.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

You Am I posted:

Amazing how clueless people are to the good things that Dandrews has done in one term compared to the "do nothing" Bailieu/Naptime Government.

- Royal Commission in Domestic Violence
- Removal of level crossings
- Legalising euthanasia
- Medical marijaruna
- Melbourne Metro Tunnel
- Lowered the crime rate

Yes, he isn't perfect (Westgate Tunnel being a big one), but gently caress me it is amazing how the conservatives forget how bad the last state Liberal Government was.

That isn't why I posted it.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Biggest dandrews issue is he is trying to ram through a million things at once. It almost feels like he is resigned to being a one term premier and is just speed running it.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Look the only humane way to solve the white refugee crisis in South Afrika is to disrupt the people smuggler's business model. Also does this count as a an Amethyst melt down? It's been a while and I forget what the gold standard was.

P.S. Arguing against open borders by citing Israel is loving hilarious.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Cartoon posted:

P.S. Arguing against open borders by citing Israel is loving hilarious.

And yet no one here has mustered an argument against the notion. If you can't bring yourself to put the slightest effort into defense of the manifestly absurd idea of near-future open border immigration it may be a sign that you don't actually believe in it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hiddenmovement posted:

Biggest dandrews issue is he is trying to ram through a million things at once. It almost feels like he is resigned to being a one term premier and is just speed running it.

Liberal governments do this every time but you don't notice because it's all just roll backs and sinister poo poo that comes in sideways.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

JBP posted:

Westgate tunnel directly benefits me and owns.

Yet more evidence that you work for Transurban.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Do you know what already exists to fund customs to help them scan packages and people?

Taxes.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Amethyst posted:

And yet no one here has mustered an argument against the notion. If you can't bring yourself to put the slightest effort into defense of the manifestly absurd idea of near-future open border immigration it may be a sign that you don't actually believe in it.
Can I have have a new straw man? This one is stale and lifeless.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Periphery posted:

Yet more evidence that you work for Transurban.

Nah I live in Footscray in a very expensive home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hiddenmovement posted:

The difference is when you build stuff it takes years and money. When you're running government as a giant money laundering machine you don't need to build poo poo, just remove taxes and protections.

• Locked thread