Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WerrWaaa posted:

Thinking about Arena farm. Eeth, Ugnaught, Greedo, or Nut?

Nute can be used at low gears and stars to enable gimmick TW CLS assassination squads.

So get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Nute should possibly become a separatist fleet commander at some point.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

MichiganCubbie posted:

Nute should possibly become a separatist fleet commander at some point.

They desperately need to flesh out ships in general. There are like 100 million ships in Star Wars but only ~20 make it into the game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Like no A-wing, B-wing, Y-wing, Tie Bomber, or Tie Interceptor from IV-VI. Also Anakin and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighters, and the V-wing from the prequels. That's not including the Tie Defender or the YT-2400 from rebels.

Capital ships like Invisible Hand for Grevious or Dooku, Raddus for Holdo (though I'm sure that is coming). Hux seems like a good candidate for a capital ship too.

Next time i come across a really OP GW team, I should screen cap it.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Like no A-wing, B-wing, Y-wing, Tie Bomber, or Tie Interceptor from IV-VI. Also Anakin and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighters, and the V-wing from the prequels. That's not including the Tie Defender or the YT-2400 from rebels.

Capital ships like Invisible Hand for Grevious or Dooku, Raddus for Holdo (though I'm sure that is coming). Hux seems like a good candidate for a capital ship too.

Next time i come across a really OP GW team, I should screen cap it.

No loving Millennium Falcon for Han and Chewie.

No X-Wing for Luke.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
They spent literally a year to design the Sith raid, don't hold your hopes up for a fleshing out of the fleet battle feature.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Plus all starring all of them will boost TB points

Edit: This is in reference to arena characters

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I need ~90 VHan and ~150 VChewie shards for JTR and will be able to get ~50 from cantina while her event is ongoing, is it worth buying the 50/50 shard pack and use crystals (~7200) for the remaining shards to get her?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

I need ~90 VHan and ~150 VChewie shards for JTR and will be able to get ~50 from cantina while her event is ongoing, is it worth buying the 50/50 shard pack and use crystals (~7200) for the remaining shards to get her?

i don't know what your arena looks like, but it is 100% not worth spending $80 on this game

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Gonna try to get 7* BB-8 during this event. Is it worth putting a Zeta on Kylo Unmasked's leadership ability? Will I regret it later?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

WerrWaaa posted:

Gonna try to get 7* BB-8 during this event. Is it worth putting a Zeta on Kylo Unmasked's leadership ability? Will I regret it later?

What FO units do you have and what gear are they? I ran Phasma Kylo FOST FOO FOTP with most of them at G8, Kylo and FOTP at G9. After I moved over my mods from my Arena team I was easily able to complete the 7* fight.

Grogquock
May 2, 2009
They should just release a ton of ships that don't have associated pilot characters to flesh out the ways you can build fleets. Give me A wings and Tie interceptors but not yet another crappy pilot to train and gear. Just give the ship exclusives a bit lower power cap than a G10+/full skilled piloted ships. Right now there are barely enough ships to fill the 4 capital ship fleets and that's only going to get worse as they add more capital ships.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Grogquock posted:

Give me A wings and Tie interceptors but not yet another crappy pilot to train and gear.

But how is this making you panic spend hundreds of dollars?

Grogquock
May 2, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

But how is this making you panic spend hundreds of dollars?

Cause they release a new tw that requires 50+ ships to participate!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Grogquock posted:

Cause they release a new tw that requires 50+ ships to participate!

Battle of Endor.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

im cute posted:

i don't know what your arena looks like, but it is 100% not worth spending $80 on this game

I'll go with this conclusion, thanks!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

No.

If you were close enough that the pack would finish you off along with natural farming w/3x refreshes a day, I'd say go for it, but if you're gonna have to drop 40-60 bucks in crystals just to finish them ON TOP of the pack, then no. Just wait 3 months for her to loop back around.

If that pack is only 20 bucks, I'd say buy it anyway. I can't remember how much it cost.

WerrWaaa posted:

It's a first rate zeta for TW defense and TB, along with having some use in the sith raid. Fire away.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 16, 2018

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
It's been requested that I communicate on here. Specifically regarding raid comps that are working.

tldr:
JTR, BB8, RT, Scav, +1 (R2)
Veers, Shore, DT, +2 (Thrawn, Snow, Starck)
CLS, Han, Chaze, +1
AV, Daka, Aco, Talzin, Zombie (can sub for MT/Zombie)
Nebit, JScav, Datcha/Jawa, JE, Ewok Elder

The primary good comp is zJTR, BB8, RT, Scav, R2. With one zeta and g11s (I still have G10 Scav), you can consistently put down 5 million per day in T6 (yes, even after Expose nerf). Running this one comp daily will do the most for helping us get through this raid quickly (SM will have more than 20 after this round of JTR, which is over 100mil per day).
The next comp that is consistent across phases is some mashup of troopers and DT. A very popular comp is Thrawn (L), Veers, DT, Snow, Shore. I often run Veers (L), DT, Starck, Shore, Snow. You can run other variations of this, but you get the idea. Veers, Shore, and DT are usually in every comp because Veers and Shore generate TM, Shore heals, and DT applies deathmark, which is most of your damage. Thrawn is great in here because each hit of fracture triggers DM. Similarly, Veers' aoe/assist call triggers a bunch of DMs. This is particularly good on P3 where you can topple her and even apply two stacks.
CLS (L) rebels can pretty consistently put out 1-2 mil in a phase. You want Chirrut and/or Rex for Tenacity up in p1 to prevent Defense down and stop DN's CD Up ability.
In P1and P2, you can run a variety of comps that capitalize on JE's detonators. One runs Jyn (L), Cassian, Bodhi, Hera, JE. Expose dmg + Detonator dmg. The other (easier) comp is Nebit, Jscav, JE, Jawa or Dathcha, and a healer (preferably Ewok Elder). With the first comp, you want to use debuffs (including Bodhi and Hera assist-calling JE onto DN) to trigger expose. Combo of Expose and Detonators makes for a lot of damage. With the second comp, just completely avoid damaging DN, and have JE always basic DN. This way DN doesn't stack tenacity at all, and when he damages your jawas, he gets detonators from JScav. In P2, it's harder to do as much dmg as P1 (2-3mil), but you need to run someone who can dispel Sion's taunt. DN or Sun Fac work well for their dispel on basic. Same concept though, try not to increase Sion's tenacity so that JE can land detonators. I landed almost 1.5mil with Chirpa (L), FOO, DN, JE, EE in P2 using this strat, with only 4 annihilates from DN. It's possible to hit 3mil in P1 with the Jyn comp, and 2-2.5mil with the Jawa strat, with relatively ungeared people.
Nightsisters are a consistent comp, do best with Zombie to charge AV up, but since most people don't have stars for her or MT, it's still fine with AV (L), Daka, Talia, Init, Aco.
For P3, a lot of the above strats work with small variations. You generally need a little bit more healing. I've actually theorized a comp using zLumi, Chaze, Han, R2, because zLumi spreads hots, and Chirrut's unique will keep up with Traya for quite awhile, especially if you stack everyone with some extra health. R2 is there for buffs and his zeta.
P4 is just everything all over again.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So i asked a little while back what to get for my next zeta and was told rHan. I didn't get around to doing it (because honestly thats a boring zeta since it just gives you a bit more rHan instead of a gameplay change) and shortly afterwards they released the Vader and Palpie zetas as well as all the new sith stuff.

Im coming up on having 3 zetas now and its time to start using them. I find a lot of the dark side characters quite interesting and wouldn't mind using zetas here to get a strong dark side team. I am also getting top 5 in fleet every day and have been considering zetaing some pilots since i am already funneling almost all my resources into my pilots. This would mostly be to get stronger ships though, as those zetas aren't very useful elsewhere (?) (E.g. Boba Fett zeta)

My options:
Put more zetas on my crappy barely top 200 arena team: zCLS, zR2, Leia, rHan, Thrawn
Put zetas on a dark side team, i already have G11 Vader, Palpie, TFP, Thrawn, GMT, G10 Shoretrooper, G9 DTrooper, (and am starting to farm Veers soon)
Put zetas on my pilots (vader, boba fett, FOTP)
I would like to score better at HAAT, since i can barely scratch that raid atm and QGJ only have a few players kill most of the raid, its about time i pull my weight here. I have all the characters required for that super duper meta team (cls, ackbar, assaj, thrawn, bb8?)

Honestly have no idea what to do, there are too many good options.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ezpz is real good for pvp

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

So i asked a little while back what to get for my next zeta and was told rHan. I didn't get around to doing it (because honestly thats a boring zeta since it just gives you a bit more rHan instead of a gameplay change) and shortly afterwards they released the Vader and Palpie zetas as well as all the new sith stuff.

Im coming up on having 3 zetas now and its time to start using them. I find a lot of the dark side characters quite interesting and wouldn't mind using zetas here to get a strong dark side team. I am also getting top 5 in fleet every day and have been considering zetaing some pilots since i am already funneling almost all my resources into my pilots. This would mostly be to get stronger ships though, as those zetas aren't very useful elsewhere (?) (E.g. Boba Fett zeta)

My options:
Put more zetas on my crappy barely top 200 arena team: zCLS, zR2, Leia, rHan, Thrawn
Put zetas on a dark side team, i already have G11 Vader, Palpie, TFP, Thrawn, GMT, G10 Shoretrooper, G9 DTrooper, (and am starting to farm Veers soon)
Put zetas on my pilots (vader, boba fett, FOTP)
I would like to score better at HAAT, since i can barely scratch that raid atm and QGJ only have a few players kill most of the raid, its about time i pull my weight here. I have all the characters required for that super duper meta team (cls, ackbar, assaj, thrawn, bb8?)

Honestly have no idea what to do, there are too many good options.

If your goal is improving arena and raid performance, short term, han is the obvious choice. (The Big Mix type teams for HAAT basically operate on a core of CLS/BB8/Thrawn or R2. Assaj in the last spot with a zeta is one option, but Han and Ackbar work great too.) Assaj’s Zetas are good but if you don’t have the other nightsisters in shape, you’re basically doing a zeta just for HAAT which I wouldn’t reccomend.

Palp’s zeta is amazing for DSTB and of course for arena/TW, but does need some supporting pieces. Vader and Thrawn and Shore can fill out a team nicely, but you really want Darth Nihilus in that last spot if you can get him.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

zEwoks :colbert:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

A fine choice for both raids!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Not content with 3 days warning for JTR and BB8, we now have 24 hours warning for R2 and CLS returning

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/163658/content-update-3-21-2018

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Yub Nub motherfuckers.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

CubsWoo posted:

Not content with 3 days warning for JTR and BB8, we now have 24 hours warning for R2 and CLS returning

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/163658/content-update-3-21-2018

I totally expected JTR with the home release of TLJ, but I was banking on CLS for May 4th. I may make it if I go all in...then, maybe, I can farm DT in peace for a while.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

May 4th will be ROTJ Luke which requires 7* CLS, Hoda, Chilly Coat Han, ROLO, Lando, Ackbar and Wicket

E: And a secondary event where you need 7* on all previous Hans to unlock Ranger Solo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still find it weird that they're lock their main characters behind such insanely difficult gates.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CubsWoo posted:

May 4th will be ROTJ Luke which requires 7* CLS, Hoda, Chilly Coat Han, ROLO, Lando, Ackbar and Wicket

E: And a secondary event where you need 7* on all previous Hans to unlock Ranger Solo

General Han Solo should definitely have synergy with Old Man Rex

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

CubsWoo posted:

I would expect to need 7* Sy Snoodles and Selacious Crumb to be required. They will drop as 'Marquee' a week prior.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

CubsWoo posted:

You forgot Wampa

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
JarJar will be required to unlock any further content.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Fecha posted:

You forgot Wampa

Saving that for the Jabba event this fall that needs Boba, Ranger Solo, Wampa, Greedo, Gammorean Guard, Imperial Probe Droid and (insert Solo film villain Marquee characters here)

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 22, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

I still find it weird that they're lock their main characters behind such insanely difficult gates.

You shouldn't. They want to make the most wanted characters require the most time or money so you want to spend money on getting them.

Who would panic farm for Gammorean Guard? Unless they overpowered him, at which point you'd be left wondering why the main characters suck so bad compared to the obscure characters.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 22, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

The only real difference between a legendary toon and a heroic journey toon is the Hero's require a legendary to unlock them.

Needing to be 7*? Yeah that's a thing, but it's not like you wouldn't be pushing for that hard anyway. Most people don't even use legendary heroes sub-7*.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Kinda bummed CLS/R2 is going on now, I was hoping it would later so I could get R2 at 7*. As it is I ended up getting him at 5* so at least I can gear/level him up while grinding out the rest of the teams.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Seems like CLS is coming every 3 months now, so it won't be too long.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Well ya'll today I got R2 to 7-stars and unlocked CLS. Now what?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

WerrWaaa posted:

Well ya'll today I got R2 to 7-stars and unlocked CLS. Now what?

Welcome to the promised land, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I can't beat Tier 3 of Luke's Journey. STHan and FBLuke just don't seem to cut it even after I raised their gear and mods up. Guess I need to Omega couple of Lukes abilities.