Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Wrar posted:

Throat coat is good stuff. Feel better!

Thanks! Its not that bad, just bad enough

e: THE TOLL

epic bird guy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Man, personally I'm just loving fatigued to where I never want to discuss politics, ever, no matter how important the issues are.

One of my senior design teammates constantly goes "God I hate my nagging girlfriend, amirite guys?", and makes "I legally changed my gender to salt lol" and "i identify as an attack helicopter" jokes like they're so witty and original, and argued that he knows black people are predisposed to higher crime rates because he, personally, was robbed at work by a black man and I am Tired Of It.

My dad constantly quips about "Johnny Weir more like Johnny Queer, eh? Eh?" and "Man, this is kind of a dark part of town, know what I mean?" and "Send all the immigrants back and let em earn their way back in if they deserve it" and I am Tired Of It.

This country's being carved up and sold to greedy corporate bastards by their fat cat conservative pals, meanwhile the "liberal" Major Party is a bunch of limp-dicked-do nothings who pay lip service to equality because "Guess what, this police death squad is super bae, because they're women!", and actual liberals can't get gently caress anything done because they're too busy tearing each other apart over purity tests and "More Woke Than Thou" dickwaving contests, and I

am

TIRED OF IT

I realize I've been guilty of stirring poo poo up in the past but there's just been so. much. bullshit going on the past few years that I just can't summon up the fortitude to even try and engage with it anymore. I'm with Adiabatic on this one, I just want a chill place where I can come bs with cool people, not Yet Another Political Discussion Forum.

E: Or, Wherein I Go Full-On "Old Man Yells At Cloud" Before I Reach My 30th Birthday

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 22, 2018

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Counting the days before I gently caress off to Canada next week myself. I'm seeing a hockey game in Vancouver which I am looking forward to a fuckload - I'll have NFI what is going on but whatever :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

epic bird guy posted:

Thanks! Its not that bad, just bad enough

e: THE TOLL

A GOOD BOY TOLL

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Counting the days before I gently caress off to Canada next week myself. I'm seeing a hockey game in Vancouver which I am looking forward to a fuckload - I'll have NFI what is going on but whatever :D

Hockey is great fun in person, but watching on TV not so much.

If you can, get seats right up front on the glass. Expensive but worth it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Anyway, by this weekend I may finally finish getting my level 2 high power rocketry cert, so that'll be a fun time.

This hybrid rocket I'm building for school is an absolute ballache, though. We way over-scoped the project because we were told the test equipment we needed would be up and running, which wound up being far from the truth. We've basically had to expend a month's worth of effort just to get to the point where we can start designing the final motor we're gonna fly. We were gonna have to do a test fire, collect data and use it to design the final grain, fire that, and then fire it again to prove it's below the impulse limit, all before the launch on April 15.

Except now, surprise! The agency doing the competition couldn't coordinate with the club they usually launch with, so now they're scrambling to find an alternate site. So now we've got more time, but the launch probably won't happen before the semester ends, meaning we're gonna have to scrap our existing final report, which is framed around the launch attempt, and focus entirely on the theoretical/development process. Again, all in 3-4 weeks.

College is hard and I want to be done already. At least my last electives are going alright.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Enourmo posted:

Man, personally I'm just loving fatigued to where I never want to discuss politics, ever, no matter how important the issues are.

snip

TIRED OF IT

I realize I've been guilty of stirring poo poo up in the past but there's just been so. much. bullshit going on the past few years that I just can't summon up the fortitude to even try and engage with it anymore. I'm with Adiabatic on this one, I just want a chill place where I can come bs with cool people, not Yet Another Political Discussion Forum.

Bing-loving-O. I started to write a post about this several weeks ago but thought better of it since it could be construed as politics chat and in the end, it would do nothing to curb it and yet in a weird way just contributes to it. As I guess this one does too but drat

Everybody is outraged about everything. Everybody is just waiting to get outraged about something. Politics are in entertainment. Sport. THE loving DICK DICER AUTOEROTIC TRANSAXLE EMPORIUM. How are some of you (no one in particular) not just loving exhausted about the entire thing? YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME LOCK STEP?!!?!? WELL gently caress YOU FASCIST COMMUNIST ANTIFA SJW WHATEVER YOU ARE.

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

Here's Kristen Bell again. Enjoy:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Anyone going to Electric Forest? The Mrs and the Mistress and I rented an RV. If anyone's going weekend 1 come find us.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Nope. But kid and I are headed to ABasin next week for mancation and am freaking pumped.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
My dog will not go outside to go pee since its raining, what good are lion hunting dogs that won't walk on wet loving ground? She's somehow more of a Californian than I am. Ack! RAIN!!! Nooooooooooooo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I apologize that our NHL team blows these days.

If you're seeing a Giants game though you're in for a treat. The WHL is smaller enough than the NHL that poo poo gets rowdy and the fans are excited as gently caress. The arena they're in now is pretty much brand new too.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'd be perfectly happy to have polite and civil conversations with people about cars on the internet without them dragging up whatever insecurities they have. But if someone wants to make bullshit racist comments, I'd much rather see them get called out and have to defend their horse poo poo than ignore it because it might be tedious or uncomfortable to watch. I see dog whistled racism and borderline sexist poo poo thrown at coworkers 5 days a week where I can't do a damned thing about it. I'd rather not see it when I'm trying to relax too, but at least here I can tell the person to gently caress off.

Its not a matter of political differences, its a matter of being a decent human being when it comes to racism.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm still confused on how what just happened up-thread is called 'politics' but whatever, I'm relatively new around here anyway and don't "get" whatever established pattern there is for discourse.

I do know, however, that I'm constantly checking my email waiting for the 'available for pickup' notification to be able to swing and get all three cars from port at once rather than picking up the one that got their earlier. I've got till the 28th before they start charging me, and it isn't about the charge so much ($15 bucks a day) but it's more that I don't want to deal with having to pay those charges and my drivers having to deal with it and bleh.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Tired: Probing the yellow mach 1 guy
Wired: Probing the "hey quit being a racist, yellow mach 1 guy" guys

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Racist Mustang was a good time in AI history.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just talk about car stuff or life stuff leave bs out of it please this is my safe space

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Seminal Flu posted:

Yup. I moved right before Freshman year of high school. New kid at a super rich, snobby school was no fun. One sophomore in my technical drawing class kept teasing me, day after day. One day I had enough, he was standing over me at my desk, I stood up and gave him one right in the nose. He bled, teacher stepped in, I ate a suspension. Worth it, I never heard another word from him.

Edit: I hadn't though of him in probably 10 years, so I looked him up on Facebook -- Hey Rhyno -- he's still in Fort Wayne and he's one of the motorcycle douches.

Same here, back in the early 90's. Transferred from a rural rear end school to the suburbs due to a custody change in middle school, got poo poo for a couple months and then hauled off and slugged the worst offender when he stole my book. Got suspended, and got my rear end kicked after school by his friends, but was absolutely worth it for the look on his face.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
In the wake of Parkland, I tried to educate a local community Facebook group about how to demand real, enforceable gun control laws. Their suggestions were pie in the sky garbage that didn't really mean anything of substance, so I spent paragraphs explaining rifle actions, loading mechanisms, magazines, concrete terms to use in discussion, loopholes in current laws, flaws in proposed laws, etc. I gave them every tool they would need to actually participate in a real conversation about guns

I was immediately shouted down for being a gun nut, despite advocating gun control and trying to help educate uninformed people about what makes certain guns more dangerous than others

My favorite part of the whole exchange was replying to a woman who said (in a very popular comment) that every gun needing to "only fire a single bullet at a time". After calmly explaining that she's trying to say that "only breach action guns should be in the hands of civilians" because even M2 Brownings and the monster GUA8 technically "fire one single bullet at a time", she blocked me

After that, I went from browsing, but rarely posting on Facebook, to only visiting the site a couple times a week

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Facebook is loving toxic. If it wasn't the only way to keep in touch with certain people I'd delete it right now.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

Facebook is loving toxic. If it wasn't the only way to keep in touch with certain people I'd delete it right now.

Same. Social media is a cancer.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

cakesmith handyman posted:

Completely agree.

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 24, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

Same. Social media is a cancer.

I'm making moves towards getting rid of it but the options for keeping in touch with people are less convenient.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Hello thread. How's everyone doing? Excellent.

The gas pedal on my Escape has an audible and tactile click when depressed and when I let go of the pressure. It's maddening. I think it's still under warranty? I don't know. It effects nothing but it's slowly driving me insane. There's probably some stupid rear end compression spring that doesn't have enough grease but requires the complete removal of the pedal assembly to reach I'm sure.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Here's a change of topic. Dashcam video of that automated car hit.

:nms: https://www.wsj.com/articles/video-shows-final-seconds-before-fatal-uber-self-driving-car-crash-1521673182 :nms:

It's real ugly. The safety driver is watching her phone in her lap for five seconds before the hit. The video is uncut footage of a fatality-involved car accident, so be warned. It cuts off at impact, so no aftermath.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Uber is so hosed. The IR cameras should have seen that coming a mile away. Let alone the dumbass safety driver not paying attention.

Edit: gently caress, who am I kidding nothing will happen.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 22, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yup. You can see the bike's reflectors as she crosses the other lane, if the driver had been paying any attention...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Just so everyone knows, to get your Tempe resident status you have to fling yourself into traffic as a pedestrian constantly. I'm not defending Uber or that driver at all because they both hosed up hard but it's terrifying driving anywhere close to Tempe's bar scene or dorm areas after dark. It was inevitable.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Well I hope that shuts up everyone who was talking about suicidal pedestrians throwing themselves at great speed into traffic it won't

I'm going to guess the driver will be fined or sued for negligence, Uber will eat a fine and make a statement promising to learn from this tragedy, we'll get another death in a couple of months. :(

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Here's a change of topic. Dashcam video of that automated car hit.

:nms: https://www.wsj.com/articles/video-shows-final-seconds-before-fatal-uber-self-driving-car-crash-1521673182 :nms:

It's real ugly. The safety driver is watching her phone in her lap for five seconds before the hit. The video is uncut footage of a fatality-involved car accident, so be warned. It cuts off at impact, so no aftermath.

Im now sure a driver who wasnt loving with a phone would have seen that pedestrian early enough to at least wash off speed.

The fact the car had a drat near perfect view for its sensors and it did nothing is just loving unbelievable. How the hell did Uber gently caress that one up so badly when say my much less advanced car in full Eyesight control would have poo poo itself with alarms and a drat hard brake?

The fact is I know the tech exists that would have mitigated that. An alert driver would have mitigated that. How the hell did Uber get it so wrong and why was the driver not paying attention?

I said this would happen. Drivers would get lulled to inattention and when the self drive fucks up it would be very bad... and the driver would do zero to take control.

Im a bit more of a fan of self driving features now just due to the fact I can concentrate on scouting the road ahead for problems the car cant see. Self drive doesnt mean you can switch off your brian..... its a tool to use its no replacement for a human at least not within the next decade or so. Or ever.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Jetson/futurama tubes are the next evolution of transporation if skynet doesn't get us first.

I'm looking forward to teaching a "kid" how to drive. My 27 y/o carpool buddy who has not touched a steering wheel since HS drivers ed.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 22, 2018

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Gingerbread House Music posted:

"Reverse racism" doesn't exist. You're thinking of "Racism".

Tell that to my mom and stepfather. :sigh: They constantly scream REVERSE RACISM. My stepfather's parents were fresh off the boat from Czechoslovakia when he was born, so it seems a little.. weird... to hear him bitching about racism (since racism, or at least xenophobia, applies to ancestry just as much as the color of your skin).

Rhyno posted:

I didn't even know that there was a whistle that caused racists to assemble.

There is, it's the same high pitched screech an old TV makes that us olds people can't hear anymore (unless you have tinnitus).

Rhyno posted:

can we go back to talking about my lovely childhood?

Yeah uh had to seriously stare at your FB for a minute to realize why Ryan White's plight (which is loving horrible) impacted you.

I assumed your wife had kept her last name. :downsgun: Christ on a pogo stick man, I wouldn't wish that poo poo on anybody.

Enourmo posted:

One of my senior design teammates constantly goes "God I hate my nagging girlfriend, amirite guys?", and makes "I legally changed my gender to salt lol" and "i identify as an attack helicopter" jokes like they're so witty and original, and argued that he knows black people are predisposed to higher crime rates because he, personally, was robbed at work by a black man and I am Tired Of It.

My dad constantly quips about "Johnny Weir more like Johnny Queer, eh? Eh?" and "Man, this is kind of a dark part of town, know what I mean?" and "Send all the immigrants back and let em earn their way back in if they deserve it" and I am Tired Of It.

This country's being carved up and sold to greedy corporate bastards by their fat cat conservative pals, meanwhile the "liberal" Major Party is a bunch of limp-dicked-do nothings who pay lip service to equality because "Guess what, this police death squad is super bae, because they're women!", and actual liberals can't get gently caress anything done because they're too busy tearing each other apart over purity tests and "More Woke Than Thou" dickwaving contests, and I

My stepdad sounds a lot like your dad, except he mutters it under his breath hoping I won't hear it (unless he sees a burka, then he's full on frothing at the mouth and screaming; I've jumped out of his car and walked over an hour back to my car because of him pulling that poo poo while I was in the car). Also, while he was born in the US, his parents were fresh off the boat from Czechoslovakia when his brother was born, and had only been here a few years by the time he was born. He still speaks fluent Czech, despite not using it regularly in over 50 years. He's a 1st generation Czech-American, from a very Czech part of the state (his family used to own a very well known sausage company in that part of the state, and said company still carries his family's last name; they have a store/gas station that's pretty well known north of Waco). His family is no longer involved with that company, despite it still bearing their name. I have no clue who runs it now.

I try not to get into politics much beyond telling people "you have no right to bitch if you don't vote" (assuming they're legally able to vote.. I have a few friends who can't thanks to felonies, so they can bitch all they want). I'll attempt to have a friendly debate, but the only people in my family that seem capable of keeping it "friendly" are on my dad's side (and really, my (not step)dad is the most conservative - I'd call him more of a middle of the road moderate.. everyone else I know in the family is very blue). My mom's side froths at the mouth if you deviate from their views (except for my mom's oldest sister), and my mom constantly tries to bait me into arguing with her about this poo poo. I have friends that range from extreme conservative to drat near communist, but we respect each other enough to be, well, respectful of each others views. One of my best friends is one of my former college professors (government), who's a staunch conservative - but we get along great, agree on plenty of things (something he brought up in class plenty, as I was the outspoken liberal in the class), and when we talk or have lunch these days, we both agree everything is utter poo poo right now thanks to how divided everyone is and just leave it at that.

I've certainly said my share of racist poo poo in my lifetime (I mean... I was raised in a far right wing white "Christian" home), said a lot of terrible things when I was younger (particularly about the primary ethnic group in the border town I grew up in), but then I discovered college. And retail/food service jobs. My mom+stepdad went through the roof when I dated outside of my race. Not once, not twice, but many times, and now I'm dating someone that I first dated over 20 years ago (the first person I ever dated, hell my first kiss for that matter), who definitely is not white, and my mom can't figure out if she should be happy I'm actually dating someone with a vagina ("OMG I MIGHT HAVE GRANDKIDS" when neither of us want kids, and we both recognize the potential complications of kids at our age), or disgusted because she's not white, even though she's adopted. :sigh:

I'll be a lot happier once I move the gently caress out of DFW. I may push the move date up a bit just to get the hell out of here (and gf has offered to cover my share of expenses until my lease is up), though I'm stuck paying rent, power, and insurance on this shithole until mid August (and have to be here to do a walk-through on move-out day). The change in ownership on my apartments is stressing me out, since they've disabled online rent payment completely, and won't even tell me who to make a check or money order out to now. I'm going out of town next weekend, and won't be back until well after the (24 hour) grace period. :fuckoff:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I have no clue what's going on in hockey either, but I love watching it for the fights. :v:

Adiabatic posted:

Anyone going to Electric Forest? The Mrs and the Mistress and I rented an RV. If anyone's going weekend 1 come find us.

SO loving JEALOUS. I have at least one friend going, if you want to meet up with people from Texas who aren't total dipshits.

Rhyno posted:

I'm making moves towards getting rid of it but the options for keeping in touch with people are less convenient.

Yeah, about that... AIM, MSN, and Yahoo IM had to go and basically gently caress over how I communicated with people outside of FB.

I guess there's still ICQ. (ICQ is still up... isn't it? :ohdear:)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Mar 22, 2018

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So on to misc poo poo. I need a toolbox. Something better than the slightly smaller than a shoebox plastic piece of poo poo from Harbor Freight I currently have.

Budget is pretty low, but it needs to be metal, portable, have a couple of drawers, and be capable of carrying more than 2 pounds.

Recommendations?

I have a box for my main socket set (Kobalt 3/8" metric/imperial set) that came with the set; the socket set won't be going into any kind of toolbox (it lives in my trunk in its original case). But all the other random poo poo I have to buy (both household and car) will, aside from large stuff (like my :quagmire: drill). Stuff like crimpers (regular, ethernet, coax), drywall saw, screwdrivers, random low usage sockets (like the 37mm I need to change the timing belt tensioner, 22mm for the shocks) and half inch drive wrench/breaker bar, eventually a torque wrench, etc.

Northern Tool and Harbor Freight will probably be my first stops, though I may check out Sears (... if I can find one). The gf works at Lowe's, so Kobalt stuff is an option if reasonably priced or on clearance (employee discount etc).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 22, 2018

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Rhyno posted:

You can suspend your main profile entirely but still have the messenger app work. Thats what I did over a year ago because:

Liquid Communism posted:

Social media is a cancer.

This, so very damned much. I'm now thinking about downloading my data, running a delete script and pulling the plug entirely- most of everyone that still needed to contact me got moved over to whatsapp or sms messages. Facebook is a breeding ground/reinforcement mechanism for the worst parts of humanity, monetised, mechanised and constantly evolved.

As an aside, I too kinda appreciate keeping politics to cspam or dnd. Cars and people chat is nice. Instigators of bullshit aren't generally attracted to such things. I really like slacking off work while lurking poo poo like this thread and the last few pages were some bullshit, because like many of you, in these troubled times,

Enourmo posted:

I

am

TIRED OF IT

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So on to misc poo poo. I need a toolbox. Something better than the slightly smaller than a shoebox plastic piece of poo poo from Harbor Freight I currently have.

Budget is pretty low, but it needs to be metal, portable, have a couple of drawers, and be capable of carrying more than 2 pounds.

Recommendations?

I have a box for my main socket set (Kobalt 3/8" metric/imperial set) that came with the set; the socket set won't be going into any kind of toolbox (it lives in my trunk in its original case). But all the other random poo poo I have to buy (both household and car) will, aside from large stuff (like my :quagmire: drill). Stuff like crimpers (regular, ethernet, coax), drywall saw, screwdrivers, random low usage sockets (like the 37mm I need to change the timing belt tensioner, 22mm for the shocks) and half inch drive wrench/breaker bar, eventually a torque wrench, etc.

Northern Tool and Harbor Freight will probably be my first stops, though I may check out Sears (... if I can find one).

Low budget? Hit the 2nd hand stores and pawn shops maybe find a gem.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

As an aside, I too kinda appreciate keeping politics to cspam or dnd. Cars and people chat is nice. Instigators of bullshit aren't generally attracted to such things. I really like slacking off work while lurking poo poo like this thread and the last few pages were some bullshit, because like many of you, in these troubled times,

I talk a lot of politics because I have strong opinions, but I generally have an okay idea of where not to air them. This ain't the place.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

dee eight posted:

Low budget? Hit the 2nd hand stores and pawn shops maybe find a gem.

One of the largest pawn shops in TX (self proclaimed, but it's the size of a large grocery store) is walking distance from home. :doh::hf::cripes:

I'll hit them up tomorrow. Then again, maybe not the best place to go, since they're so big... they probably have a drat good idea what stuff is worth. Never been in there despite living so close, I'll check them out and see if their prices are reasonable (and if they're willing to haggle a bit).

I could hit the shop that I pawned my camera at a few times too. They've been around for ~50 years and family owned, and were surprisingly good to deal with; they're smaller, and a bit of a drive, but they make a game out of haggling. It's their family sport, you see, and even grandpa is keeping an eye on it from the corner (not as intrusive as Old Man in Pawn Stars, and probably not as with it mentally either, but he's always sitting behind the gun case scowling at everyone). that shop is about as close to Pawn Stars as you'll ever get; it's a lot smaller, but it's father, son, son's wife, grandson, grandson's best friend, and.. I think one other person.

I hate haggling, but you can't walk into a pawn shop without haggling the moment you walk in. The stakes aren't nearly as high as they are on a crappy car at a buy here pay here lot (for most stuff), though.

There's a Goodwill store and Habitat for Humanity Re-Store nearby too, but I haven't found any tool-related stuff in either of them. Lots of neat lamps and tile stuff in the Re-Store (with the occasional random appliance), the Goodwill is mostly crap unless you happen to be there when someone drops off some 70s audio equipment.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 22, 2018

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Kirsten Bell chat is good but I've been watching Wynonna Earp on Netflix and Dominique Provost-Chalkley is just dreamy :allears:

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Uber is so hosed. The IR cameras should have seen that coming a mile away. Let alone the dumbass safety driver not paying attention.

Edit: gently caress, who am I kidding nothing will happen.

Given it's Uber, I'm surprised corporate didn't remotely delete the footage.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

This thread is so binary and judgemental, both in politics and current events.

In that Uber video, there is less than one second from the first frame you can see the pedestrian until impact. It happened in the dark shadows adjacent to a really strong street light. The pedestrian was wearing a dark top, that could have happened to anyone. To say "IR should have picked it up, :hurr: " is ignoring a lot of the circumstances -- where was the pedestrian right before the accident? If they had been laying on the ground, there could have been a minimal pattern due to the dark clothing being the same temperature as the surrounding area... and a "regular" driver drat sure isn't driving with IR optics, aggressively scouring every inch of the road for possible vagrants crossing the road at every instant...

Liquid Communism posted:

Yup. You can see the bike's reflectors as she crosses the other lane, if the driver had been paying any attention...
The bike had no reflectors.

Enourmo posted:

am

TIRED OF ITay

You've come a long way. And make some good points.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not exactly sure what you guys think my political stances even are, lol.

• Locked thread