Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

MasterSlowPoke posted:

No choice but to redraw all the guns

tales of game will send all the backers a single png spritesheet consisting of nothing but guns, and it'll go on to win countless awards at igf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I;m thinking about thos guns

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

GIMME AN UPDATE DAMMIT

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
*tuxedoishly* Hello everyone, and welcome to the Barkley thread's 200th page spectacular. Please join us for a retrospective of the thread's finest japes and joke's, like "the game is coming out" and "where is my refund chef". Later this evening we'll be drinking Monster Energy Drink laced with cyanide

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Chicken Fries will also be served.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Barkley is cool and good and my friend.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

*tuxedoishly* Hello everyone, and welcome to the Barkley thread's 200th page spectacular. Please join us for a retrospective of the thread's finest japes and joke's, like "the game is coming out" and "where is my refund chef". Later this evening we'll be drinking Monster Energy Drink laced with cyanide
FUCKLEY

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Does saying "I am looking forward to this game whenever it comes out" qualify as a joke nowadays?

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
I may have been calling "the game will come out" a joke as a way of joking that it will. Every claim that Barkley 2 will or will not come out is Schroedinger's Joke, to be confirmed only when the box is lifted in 2023 to reveal an inflated or deflated b-ball.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

It's not a game

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

as long as the picture i made that they posted on the blog is in the game it'll be all worth it.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The only games I'm looking forward to are this and the Dark Souls Remaster.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

The only games I'm looking forward to are this and the Dark Souls Remaster.
I already made this post back when I made this post already

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
im still excited

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug
I still wish I had backed at the level to get a cyberdwarf body pillow thing.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

platero posted:

My brother did, I told him he should frame it but instead it has suffered the fate of all ill-advised nerd excess, it's languishing in a box somewhere.

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

Agreed. Barkley is serious business and definitely real.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

The Big Word posted:

I already made this post back when I made this post already

Chas McGill posted:

I'm only looking forward to two computer games - this, and Dark Souls 2.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

platero posted:

Posted this before and I'll post it again, they had spares as of PAX 2014 or whenever it was they were there and were selling them, you could probably PM or email and buy one.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

star citizen will be out before this game though?

This is definitely true

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

where are the guns's

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Posted this before and I'll post it again, they had spares as of PAX 2014 or whenever it was they were there and were selling them, you could probably PM or email and buy one.

That would mean someone from ToG would have to acknowledge they aren't all dead, so lol.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

If y’all forget I kickstarted this game and don’t send me a copy it’s cool I’ll just buy one. But I did kickstart the game so I hope I’m still on the list.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

development update: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241041653?t=02h29m24s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bartley

zinglon's ale
Nov 29, 2004

uh oh
Баркли :ussr:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
looks cool cant wait

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Gotta say, that pixel art is lookin' mighty fine

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Is there going to be a gofundme campaign in barkley 2 where you gotta raise $1Billion to save bball 4 us?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Okay so, they're spending a month living in a small apt. to work on the game and are almost done with "a zone." So, does this mean that the game is NOT "fundamentally literally impossible to complete because the game engine cannot handle he game anymore?" I know that even if it wasn't a literal scam, they can't actually release Star Citizen because in their efforts to make the CryEngine accommodate space flight, not only did they fail, but they also broke it so hard it can barely do FPS stuff right.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I don't see any reason for the Barkley 2 developers to deceive anyone about the state of the game at this point. If they felt it was impossible to continue in GMS that's probably a big enough roadblock that they would just drop the entire project quietly. I think most backers already see it as a failed kickstarter so they aren't really hurting anyone by doing so.

This is different from Star Citizen which continues generate income based on the promise of a game which may or may not ever be released.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I hope the next update is posted on the wall of a truck stop bathroom in oklahoma

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
The Barkley has been inside you all along

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Release the game with whatever story is currently done, with MSPaint cutscenes filling in gaps. At the point where you haven't developed the rest of it, start a quest where the player is told they have to discover the secret of Dwarfnet. Have the other characters procedurally blather encouragement as the player searches through tens of thousands of pages of shitposts. Have no win condition or exit.

The game will finally have achieved true realism.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

This is what they get for trying to make an actual good game instead of just a shitpost in vidya form. Hopefully they'll apply this lesson to their upcoming Barkley 3 kickstarter.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DogSolutions/status/977965445562150919

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

barkley 3 graphics looking good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

snarls Barkley