Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Maybe killing all white people isn't a good idea. But I'm all for killing all the rich white people. At least the top 10%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kill ten percent of every race, including even, yes, the Chinese

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Kill all races. Every human. Seriously, we suck.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Funerals shouldn't be expensive. Why are there gofundmes for funerals. It's a dead body. You don't need 30,000 for a funeral and asking for donations for a funeral is incredibly wasteful and selfish. Dump the body into a kiln after harvesting the organs and the leftover blood, give these things to local hospitals in need.

Also build housing on top of all the graves.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Mu Zeta posted:

Funerals shouldn't be expensive. Why are there gofundmes for funerals. It's a dead body. You don't need 30,000 for a funeral and asking for donations for a funeral is incredibly wasteful and selfish. Dump the body into a kiln after harvesting the organs and the leftover blood, give these things to local hospitals in need.

Also build housing on top of all the graves.

If I've learned one thing about ghosts, it is that they HATE to have houses built on top of their former bodies. That's a good way to get bleeding walls and poo poo and good luck finding a contractor who knows how to fix that.

anyway I think it's fine to want to bury a loved one (even if the reasons aren't entirely logical), but you should still stay within your means. If you want the super fancy price of a new car coffin and a plot next to the grave of abraham lincoln or whatever then start saving and/or take out a life insurance policy on the person. If you have to ask for donations, you are aiming too high. There should be no shame in burying them in a simple plywood box in a "bad" part of the cemetery if that's what you can afford.

personally I hope my family just throws me in the trash when I die. If you want to show my dead body some respect you can double-bag it to help prevent tearing or leakage.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Soiled Meat
If I was dead, you could bang me all you want. Who cares? Dead body's like a piece of trash. I mean, shove as much poo poo in there as you want. I won't care. Fill me up with cream. Turn me into a cannoli. Make a stew out of my rear end. What's the big deal? Bang me, eat me, grind me up into little pieces, throw me in the river. Who gives a poo poo? You're dead, you're dead.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

If I was dead, you could bang me all you want. Who cares? Dead body's like a piece of trash. I mean, shove as much poo poo in there as you want. I won't care. Fill me up with cream. Turn me into a cannoli. Make a stew out of my rear end. What's the big deal? Bang me, eat me, grind me up into little pieces, throw me in the river. Who gives a poo poo? You're dead, you're dead.

Ever since I saw that episode I decided this will be the first paragraph in my will.

e: the second paragraph will detail the immense amounts of debt i am going to leave to my loved ones

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 08:33 on Mar 22, 2018

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mu Zeta posted:

Maybe killing all white people isn't a good idea. But I'm all for killing all the rich white people. At least the top 10%.

No war but class war.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Now I know this is a PHUO: I love cemeteries and think they should be preserved like historical landmarks. They're beautiful, serene and offer snapshots of a region's growth, struggles, development and downfall. One thing I really miss about the east coast is discovering all the really old cemeteries hidden about and tracing back the earliest dates. Finding old family plots is terribly interesting, too.

Cemeteries are good and fascinating.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Das Boo posted:

Now I know this is a PHUO: I love cemeteries and think they should be preserved like historical landmarks. They're beautiful, serene and offer snapshots of a region's growth, struggles, development and downfall.
The cemeteries I've seen are full of rusty fences, crumbling monuments, weeds, and dead flowers. If preserving them means restoring and maintaining them then they might be beautiful, but at the moment they mostly just look overgrown and abandoned. The only bit that looked like anyone gave a poo poo about it was the lawn section, which is just a bunch of plaques on the ground, and even there the older ones look pretty bad.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Tiggum posted:

The cemeteries I've seen are full of rusty fences, crumbling monuments, weeds, and dead flowers. If preserving them means restoring and maintaining them then they might be beautiful, but at the moment they mostly just look overgrown and abandoned. The only bit that looked like anyone gave a poo poo about it was the lawn section, which is just a bunch of plaques on the ground, and even there the older ones look pretty bad.

That's a pity! I've lived in a lot of places and grew up with some lovely cemeteries. When I lived in Kentucky, we'd often visit the Lexington and Frankfort cemeteries. I even have a coffee table book about the latter.

Our small town in Ohio had this one:

A town I lived in northern Missouri had four cemeteries, but Riverview was the prettiest. We'd go up on its cliffside and watch 4th of July fireworks:

Another town in southern Missouri was super Catholic and had this weird church called Saint Mary's of the Barrens. It had neat poo poo like this:

And then I also lived in Greenville, SC, but never got around to visiting the cemeteries there. I've been to a few after transitioning to the west coast and they're lovely, but don't date as far back. Even so, they're raw-as-you-can-get people museums and are awesome.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cemeteries can be nice and serene places, but the actual act of putting whole bodies in the ground is obsolete.

When I die cut me up for any useful spare parts and turn the rest into fertilizer.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Knowing my luck I'm going to live until I'm 150 years old and by then no one will ever die and I'll be shipped off to the Elder's Retreat on Io where we're hooked up to machines that harvest chemicals from our bodies in exchange for living in a virtual reality. loving sucks.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

Never eaten cheese honestly don't see the point

how do you eat cheese dishonestly? what kind of shady cheesy-eating capers are you running here?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
The secret instructions are encoded in the blue cheese, and you must destroy the evidence.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Das Boo posted:

Now I know this is a PHUO: I love cemeteries and think they should be preserved like historical landmarks. They're beautiful, serene and offer snapshots of a region's growth, struggles, development and downfall. One thing I really miss about the east coast is discovering all the really old cemeteries hidden about and tracing back the earliest dates. Finding old family plots is terribly interesting, too.

Cemeteries are good and fascinating.

Absolutely agreed. Also one time me and my high school friend got told off for doing an etching of hp lovecraft's grave at swan point in Providence. Jokes on that guard, we also tore out a page from Innsmouth, signed it, and buried it there because we were horrible white nerds.

That said, absolutely preserve cemeteries but don't make dumb rules about what you can't photograph or leave or write or whatever. Cemeteries are for the living.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Straight White Shark posted:

how do you eat cheese dishonestly? what kind of shady cheesy-eating capers are you running here?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Straight White Shark posted:

Many people eat cheese, if not dishonestly, with shame and apprehension. They bought into the lie that dairy, fat, calories etc. are bad for them. Not true. Cheese is an excellent compact source of calories and protein. Eat it erryday people, though you also wanna work out it if eating a lot of it. :coolfish:

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
Do the world a favor and smack your kids when they get disobedient and/or insolent.

Also, Bored Panda is just Reader's Digest for millennials.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Oblivion is charming

They tried, bless their hearts

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

They got better with Skyrim though

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Things got progressively worse after Morrowind. They had the perfect game (just with some bugs and clunky combat), then cut out half of what made morrowind fun with oblivion, then cut out the other half with skyrim. Skyrim is just a boring over-simplified game that lacks even the visual appeal that oblivion had (unless you like white/gray snowy mountains, like a lot).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I actually really like Oblivion. It was my first big, open world game, so maybe it's a good bit of nostalgia clouding my judgment, but I still think it's a lot of fun.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I don't understand video games. There. I loving said it. I do not understand playing them for hours. I definitely don't understand watching a screeching moron play on twitch.

No it's not just because I am gently caress terrible at games (last game I finished was Far Cry...whichever one had McLovin and crocodiles). Okay so it is, but I feel left out and I hate it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

fizzymercy posted:

I don't understand video games. There. I loving said it. I do not understand playing them for hours. I definitely don't understand watching a screeching moron play on twitch.

No it's not just because I am gently caress terrible at games (last game I finished was Far Cry...whichever one had McLovin and crocodiles). Okay so it is, but I feel left out and I hate it.

I only watch people on twitch for background noise if I'm too drunk to pay attention to something like on netflix or whatever. Otherwise it is the worst. Twitch in general has an extremely weird community and I don't like any of them, especially the ones in real life that actually say things like "kappa" after they say something or "dansgame" when they see someone do something stupid etc.

I agree about video games in general though. The only game I can play for extended periods of time lately is Farming Simulator 17 because it's relaxing to me to take care of my virtual sheep and mow fake lawns and poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don’t really get what there is to understand or not understand

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I don’t understand how you really don’t get what there is to understand or not understand

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don’t really get what there is to understand or not understand

It's not a question of how people can enjoy video games in general, it's a question of understanding how people my age (early 30s) can still be as enthusiastic as I was about video games when I was a teenager to this day. In other words, is there something wrong with them, or with me?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's not a question of how people can enjoy video games in general, it's a question of understanding how people my age (early 30s) can still be as enthusiastic as I was about video games when I was a teenager to this day. In other words, is there something wrong with them, or with me?

Exactly this. I feel like I'm missing something by not being banged out about playing games. I don't even do mobile games. I am terrible at strategy in general and have the attention span of a

I once genuinely asked a guy at Gamestop if Metal Gear Solid was a good racing game. In 2015. It's embarrassing being this out of the loop about something almost everyone I know enjoys.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I pretty consistently play games that are at least five (usually more) years old. Often ones that, if ever popular, aren’t big multiplayer franchises.

So when people talk about video games and I’m all “I also do!” the conversation still goes nowhere. (Usually.)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

As I've gotten into my 30's I find that my enthusiasm for them hasn't waned, but my actual time to play them shrinks and shrinks. Games shifting to dozens if not hundreds of hours of busy work is not blending well with my maybe 5 to 10 hours (max) of gaming time a week.

People watching other people play games on Twitch is baffling to me, unless it's like a 5 minute tutorial or some really funny brief clip. I'd rather watch a bad movie or TV show than watch someone else play a game.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

burial posted:

I pretty consistently play games that are at least five (usually more) years old. Often ones that, if ever popular, aren’t big multiplayer franchises.

So when people talk about video games and I’m all “I also do!” the conversation still goes nowhere. (Usually.)

This is the best way to make an expensive habit into a cheaper one.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Video games are a fun, cool, relaxing hobby as a working adult

And a great way to blow off steam

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I want that hobby! Where do I go to figure out what games I want to play? I mean this. I have nothing but downtime and I literally know nothing. Where in hell do I go where people can read the list of 12 games I can actually play and then spit out a list of poo poo I might not blow off in 2 hours? This is Goons, there has to be that thread. Except of course there isn't because everyone just bickers about pixels and hexagons or boobs or something and I'll never find a game.

I am very bitter about this.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

My friend have you heard of dark souls

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Morrowind is fun to experience, but a chore to play.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Maybe try this http://store.steampowered.com/app/228280/Baldurs_Gate_Enhanced_Edition/ it's a classic at least.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

fizzymercy posted:

I want that hobby! Where do I go to figure out what games I want to play? I mean this. I have nothing but downtime and I literally know nothing. Where in hell do I go where people can read the list of 12 games I can actually play and then spit out a list of poo poo I might not blow off in 2 hours? This is Goons, there has to be that thread. Except of course there isn't because everyone just bickers about pixels and hexagons or boobs or something and I'll never find a game.

Bloodborne

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

fizzymercy posted:

The biggest and most mainstream gaming thing right now is the Nintendo Switch. Just search something like "best switch games IGN/Gamespot" and you'll see a bunch of stuff. It's the first gaming device for a lot of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust