Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I'm also going to sit on T1 Emma to save crystals for Infinity War. Really curious to know how well Adam Warlock sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I have to wait till Friday to get the X subscription. What does everyone think of Magic Lady and Colossus? Wondering which one to work on first since I am just gonna sit on Emma for the time being as well.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Magik seems better but there are mumblings about Colossus being a QS-killer. Generally it takes a week or so to hash it all out while people use everyone on all the WBU bosses and alliance battles.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

The Dave posted:

Yeah I'm also going to sit on T1 Emma to save crystals for Infinity War. Really curious to know how well Adam Warlock sold.

I bought Adam but haven't even ranked him up at all yet, and am ranked around 27,000. So I guess that's a rough estimate

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm considering just waiting on hold for all the X-Men. See if I can get Colossus from the Faction Alliance. Emma's cheap enough that it won't be that hard to save for her down the line. Buying the X-Gene package would get me Magik (who is a favorite) and help me finish X-23 but I can keep farming her in the Lab and odds are they'll do this again so I'll wait until there's a bunch of people exclusive to the X-Gene package the same way I do with the 20-a-day Bio people.

I have 3000+ crystals saved up for Black Panther Extreme and I think I'm just going to follow through on that. I just T2ed Shuri and fed the 300 bio to Klaw so I could get everything but Killmonger finished in a couple of days. It feels more satisfying to me to "complete" that and get the Extreme prizes than spend money and a ton of resources to get half way done on the mutants.

I don't know. Its a couple of days before I'll have enough crystals so I'll see how the Emma reviews go.

Still don't care about Warlock. Playing him in Timeline he doesn't really seem worth the cost, and i have no attachment to the character.

I'm guessing those selectors are for the characters like Shuri, Medusa, Moon Knight, Sharon Rogers, etc. Which would be sad since I don't have any of those people left to get but they can always be stashed and used for the future ones.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

A word of warning about the BP pack. It gives you the costume and a Tier 2 token. (That's good.)
But all the other rewards are dependent on you beating the Extreme mode with certain criteria. And that's not garunteed.
Like I heard they made it easier. But it took me about 5 to 10 goes just to clear the Black Panther extreme mode. And I did not get all the rewards. And I haven't been able to do any of the other battles.

Where as the other things to buy will give you a garunteed reward. This is a bird in the hand versus two in the bush thing.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

twistedmentat posted:

New Logan costume wrecks the AoA Logan in arena I found.

Has anyone else found this? The new costume is a much better look than AoA however the bonus didn't look as good for Timeline.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

I致e got the Wolverine Marvel Now uniform and I知 15-0 so far against the AoA wolverine. I知 in the gold league, though.

He has 183,457 combat points and is equipped with the CTP of Transcendence. Uniform level is advanced. CTP is probably the secret sauce more than the uni though.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Dravs posted:

Has anyone else found this? The new costume is a much better look than AoA however the bonus didn't look as good for Timeline.

I also bought it like a dumbass and it wrecked AoA Wolverine no contest

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

justbark posted:

I致e got the Wolverine Marvel Now uniform and I知 15-0 so far against the AoA wolverine. I知 in the gold league, though.

He has 183,457 combat points and is equipped with the CTP of Transcendence. Uniform level is advanced. CTP is probably the secret sauce more than the uni though.

Yeah, probably. I'm in vibranium and I don't even have any CTPs on my team.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I just noticed A-Force character bios are now in the token shop: She-Hulk in Light, and Sister Grimm and Singularity in Dark. Or was that announced already.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Has anyone got cyke's new stume? I can't imagine it being better than being able to use him on a villain SL stage.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm avoiding the temptation of the costumes since Cyclops is more valuable as a villain and I don't really use Wolverine in Timeline since I got Apocalypse worked up. There will probably be some week where everyone is restricted and the new Wolvie wrecks me but there's too many drat things to spend crystals on, especially with Infinity War on the horizon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was also able to beat Apoc WB with just Now Wolverine, which is something I had to sacrifice both Wanda and jean to do in the past.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I guess jj is immune to dmg from Emma except her basic.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Holy poo poo for real

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Both Jean and Adam are banned this week in Vibranium. RIP me.

Also my no-uniform Wolverine has a pretty decent record against the new-uniform Wolverine. I don't think it's very good.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'm sick of having to pull webbing out of my hair all the time, what's the custom gear affix I'm looking for to solve this issue

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

web resist

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Zokari posted:

Both Jean and Adam are banned this week in Vibranium. RIP me.

Also my no-uniform Wolverine has a pretty decent record against the new-uniform Wolverine. I don't think it's very good.

I don't think I've come across the new wolverine uni yet in Vibranium, but then again I only pay attention to half of my matches. I'm glad it doesn't seem like it's completely necessary since I'm still winning most of my matches so I can keep saving up my crystals.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Faction Event has started - Inhumans vs. X-Men! Except that when you choose a side, it still asks you to pick between Pro-Reg and Anti-Reg so they forgot to change some code! Huzzah!

That said, free Colossus bios as faction prizes! I have a feeling those who choose Inhumans will not be so lucky.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I love how the mutants are currently locked out of selection in the faction battle. Did they really think people were going to pick the Inhumans?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

The Dave posted:

I love how the mutants are currently locked out of selection in the faction battle. Did they really think people were going to pick the Inhumans?

I got forced to go Inhumans because too many people chose the Mutants, which is what happens basically every faction battle event.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

What does this mean? I can change an Energy Def one to All Def? How

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Stunt Rock posted:

I got forced to go Inhumans because too many people chose the Mutants, which is what happens basically every faction battle event.

I知 just trying to skip choosing until I can choose mutants.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

thechalkoutline posted:

I just tested this and it looks like it just rerolls the stat already on the ISO, so in the image it'd reroll the Critical Damage number. Another moneysink for min/maxers.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Stunt Rock posted:

And completely ruins the whole point about choosing sides. gently caress the Inhumans and Marvel's attempt at trying to replace the X-Men with them. They deserve to get wrecked.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

thechalkoutline posted:

This is correct. For example, you can switch impregnables to all def from just physical def, or powerfuls to all attack from just physical attack. Chaotics randomly roll to new stats on both options. Keep in mind this only works with fully awakened ISOs and it costs 100k a pop.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

This is correct. For example, you can switch impregnables to all def from just physical def, or powerfuls to all attack from just physical attack. Chaotics randomly roll to new stats on both options. Keep in mind this only works with fully awakened ISOs and it costs 100k a pop.

Oh wow that's pretty awesome, thanks NM

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was wondering why I was getting Colossus bios every day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

By my math if you're on the losing side of the Faction Battle you'll fall exactly 20 bios short of getting Colossus to 4* (where after I imagine like 75% of the player base has 5* tickets saved). That's gonna be a real tick in the teeth.

But wow do I have a lot of energy now. I'm just grinding Angel Dimension Shifts whenever (a) one's open and (b) I have boost pts. I might actually get him to 6* by the time this special challenge ends.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just used 4/5/6 star tickets on Colossus because I have a ton of them. Grinding the poo poo out of Angel rifts but also trying to get daily,special, and 10-15 story missions in a day too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I do all the other daily stuff and that usually takes like 200 energy. Then I usually do enough Dimension Rifts it takes to fill 3 and get the extra energy. Then whatever I feel like. I'm just focusing all that Dimension/Whatever on Angel right now and using more energy than usual because I got all that extra Colossus Energy.

I unfortunately have no 4* or 6* tickets saved so I'm stuck if Collosus falls short. And even if I get him to 4-5 he'd probably be pretty low on my list of people I need to use them on. I got Killmonger sitting at 3* and I rather save them for Magik.

Its just gonna be a bummer if he's stuck at 3 because of the 20 bio difference in the coin toss of who "wins" and "loses" the faction thing.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I was genuinely upset that the game forced me onto the Inhuman side of this, especially since this was one of my least favorite storylines since civil war. But whatever, I'll happily clock points for free Colossus bios knowing full well this side is getting punched in the head as it should be.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The weekly event 6 star selector is available today and it is pretty good. Seems like you can select anybody except the obvious people (native T2, bio-sub only etc). I picked up a 6* Kraven as I don't even have him unlocked yet.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not to be a dick but that was a pretty bad choice given how easy he is to farm. You want to use these sort of selectors on people that don't have farmable bios. Since you get the bios if they are already 6 starred I need to check if there is anyone I should select with a goal of T2ing.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

The saddest part about all this is is that Kraven isn't even cool

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

In fact I think one could make a strong argument that in both the MCU and in the FF meta, Wong is substantially cooler than Kraven

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Who the gently caress do you think you are saying Wong is cooler than Kraven, Kraven hunts loving mythological beasts underwater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I used it on Hellstorm so I can get past the Strange quest a little easier once I知 done with Satana and dreading Clea.