Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

There have been more references to Slaanesh in the past two months than in the entire rest of the history of AoS combined. Plus we know Slaanesh is merely trapped in some sort of inbetween limbo rather than dead, AND current story rumors suggest Nagash's great plan in Malign Portents will result in Nagash unknowingly destroying Slaanesh's prison.

I can believe this because Nagash is an idiot fucker unfit to replace Tomb Kings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Boon posted:

About to start, posting an army pic

They turned out amazing! Good luck at the tournament.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

xtothez posted:

Before Adepticon there were some recent rumours recently about new Abaddon and Chosen models later this year. Plus there's been lots of whispers about EC, including this artwork from a known GW artist:

New Armless-the-Harmless? Aw yisss.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Lupercalcalcal posted:

Yeah, I get that, but all I'm saying is that since they've been announced they're definitely coming, because they've already spent a decent chunk of money on them right now.

Oh, absolutely.

I've played Sisters since 1998. I've been through the dark times. I remember the days of no new models and crappy e-Codexes that wouldn't work on the devices I had at the time. I remember being overwhelmed when they even got a mention in Shield of Baal, and going nuts when they released Celestine and a sorta-list in Imperial Agents.

I've always been worried that they'd get dropped. For a long, long time they were completely neglected. No new models from 2003 to Celestine's release made me nervous. But I never sold my models, never gave up hope.

I feel so vindicated right now.

Lupercalcalcal posted:

But equally yeah, I get that. Dammit I want sisters of battle. I'm gonna drop so much cash when they release.

I've got enough Sisters so that I'll never need another, but I'll blow hundreds of dollars on new Sisters just because.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pendent posted:

Given the different positioning of the smoke stacks and the very different carapace armor I'd be surprised if we say more than the bits for the legs from the old knight kit re-used.

Even the legs have a different structure. I suspect nothing will be compatible between the kits except maybe the face plates.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Odds are good Sisters will be getting some new toys alongside their new sculpts right?

What kinda holes need filling in their roster? Some kinda armoured CC squad?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Even the legs have a different structure. I suspect nothing will be compatible between the kits except maybe the face plates.

I'm pretty OK with this, for the record. The current Knight kits look good but they leave something to be desired in terms of options for dynamic posing.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

SteelMentor posted:

Odds are good Sisters will be getting some new toys right?

What kinda holes need filling?

:xd:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 22, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lupercalcalcal posted:

Yeah, I get that, but all I'm saying is that since they've been announced they're definitely coming, because they've already spent a decent chunk of money on them right now.

But equally yeah, I get that. Dammit I want sisters of battle. I'm gonna drop so much cash when they release.

I'm honestly glad that Sisters have a long lead-time because I can fit in getting my Ad Mech finished first and doing Necrons before they drop.

Boon posted:

About to start, posting an army pic

E: Someone in D&D is real mad :lol:

This looks great dude, that board really came together.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Deathwatch) [71 PL, 1422pts] ++

+ HQ +

Librarian in Terminator Armor [9 PL, 153pts]: 2) Might of Heroes, 3) Psychic Scourge, Force stave, Storm bolter

Watch Captain [6 PL, 129pts]: Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Beacon Angelis, Thunder hammer

+ Troops +

Deathwatch Kill Team [9 PL, 155pts]
. Deathwatch Veteran: Boltgun, Chainsword
. Deathwatch Veteran: Boltgun, Chainsword
. Deathwatch Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Deathwatch Frag Cannon
. Watch Sergeant: Boltgun, Chainsword

Deathwatch Kill Team [13 PL, 276pts]
. Deathwatch Biker: Power sword, Twin boltgun
. Deathwatch Veteran: Power maul, Storm shield
. Deathwatch Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
. Deathwatch Veteran: Heavy Thunder Hammer
. Watch Sergeant: Plasma pistol, Xenophase Blade

Deathwatch Kill Team [9 PL, 132pts]
. Deathwatch Veteran: Stalker Pattern Boltgun
. Deathwatch Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher
. Watch Sergeant: Boltgun

+ Elites +

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 197pts]: Twin lascannon
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 172pts]: Plasma incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Plasma pistol

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 128pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter, Twin lascannon

Rhino [4 PL, 80pts]: Hunter-killer missile, 2x Storm bolter

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Inquisition) [7 PL, 102pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Gametype

Regimental Doctrine: Astra Millitarum/Imperium

Use Beta Rules

+ HQ +

Inquisitor [5 PL, 86pts]: 3. Tenacious Survivor, Combi-plasma, Force axe, Ordo Xenos, Warlord
. Psyker: Dominate

Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 46pts]: Force Stave, Psychic Maelstrom, Terrifying Visions

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [5 PL, 112pts]
. 8x Scion: 8x Hot-shot Lasgun
. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. Tempestor: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

Militarum Tempestus Scions [5 PL, 110pts]
. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. Tempestor: Hot-shot Laspistol, Power sword

Militarum Tempestus Scions [5 PL, 104pts]
. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher
. Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

+ Elites +

Acolytes [1 PL, 8pts]: Ordo Xenos
. Acolyte: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

Acolytes [1 PL, 8pts]: Ordo Xenos
. Acolyte: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

Arco-Flagellants [2 PL, 45pts]: 3x Arco Flagellant

Death Cult Assassins [1 PL, 34pts]: 2x Death Cult Assassins

Hospitaller [2 PL, 30pts]

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [25 PL, 495pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Cerastus Knight-Acheron [25 PL, 495pts]: Acheron flame cannon, Reaper chainfist, Twin heavy bolter

++ Total: [125 PL, 2500pts] ++

The Inquisition weirdos are there to appease my fluff bunny soul. The Deathwatch are listed as a patrol but should be a battalion.

It has been pointed out that I lack anti tank. I’m hoping that the dread, razorback, and Hellblasters will do the trick plus the frag cannons and the knight in melee.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
As a Dark Tower fan I appreciate that the answer to the biggest question in 40k is '19.

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?

Schadenboner posted:

Almost as if treating them as the Cog Boy's big bitches was a bad thing? :monocle:

#DownWithToasterWorshipers

Hey, you leave my cyberdongs alone drat it!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beerdeer posted:

The Inquisition weirdos are there to appease my fluff bunny soul. The Deathwatch are listed as a patrol but should be a battalion.

It has been pointed out that I lack anti tank. I’m hoping that the dread, razorback, and Hellblasters will do the trick plus the frag cannons and the knight in melee.

doesn't look like you have a way to give those Scions orders

it'd be worth considering fiddling with things a bit to get an officer into the list

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

SteelMentor posted:

Weapon variety would be nice.

A flier would be neat too, and seems to be in the vein of things I'd think are likely given the propensity for both fliers and centerpieces in recent releases.

Assault squads, I honestly don't know how well that fits with the army concept, but it's for sure something they don't have.

A vehicle or equivalent large weapon platform that can benefit from acts of faith

A cheap screening unit? Again, not sure how well that fits.

But I think the most important thing we could get would be another (generic, non-named) HQ option. Canonesses aren't bad, but they're the only option.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

xtothez posted:

Before Adepticon there were some recent rumours recently about new Abaddon and Chosen models later this year. Plus there's been lots of whispers about EC, including this artwork from a known GW artist:

We don't need new chosen though, we desperately need new standard CSMs.

Or I guess make Chosen the Biglys of CSM and just squat the chaos marines.

Hooo boy I want plastic noise marines!!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Giant Isopod posted:

A cheap screening unit? Again, not sure how well that fits.

They had Frateris Militia once upon a time, they could totally do that again.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SRM posted:

They had Frateris Militia once upon a time, they could totally do that again.

redemptionists

GW's probably already working on some for Necromunda

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

We don't need new chosen though, we desperately need new standard CSMs.

Or I guess make Chosen the Biglys of CSM and just squat the chaos marines.

Hooo boy I want plastic noise marines!!

A Black Legion themed release would be the best time to update regular CSMs, Havocs and Chosen, as well as biggifying them to be in scale with the new Primaris and Deathguard stuff. They did also say that the once they're caught up on codexes, the next stage is campaign themed releases like AoS. I could totally believe them doing an Abaddon vs loyalist Primarch storyline to release both.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

Odds are good Sisters will be getting some new toys alongside their new sculpts right?

What they need mostly just tanky CC that can keep up with Celestine, and even then Crusaderd are really good at gumming up melee units. Sisters have been good since 8e's release, and so long as they have Acts of Faith they're going to be really good detachment allies for other armies.

As for actual balance stuff:
- Repentia need some sort of buff, as right now Flagellents are better against hordes and Death Cultists are better at hurting elite enemies. They cost too much for how little they provide on their own, and require a support group of priest & mistress to really be workable for the single round they'll survive.
- Celestians need to be able to keep up with characters to do their job
- Hospitallers are really redundant compared to Imagifiers. Giving them the Order keyword would help with this.
- Even with their hilariously cheap 15pt price, Dialogus' cant keep up with the Sister's jet/drive 'n gun lifestyle, and cant take a hit or deal damage.
- Exorcist's are way too frail for how little damage they put out, 135 points (using the newly adopted measurement system, little more than half a babyknight) is silly.

None of this is necessary for them to be good, but it would introduce more variety than the current Car Squad sisters.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Beep boop more robot progress

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

- Exorcist's are way too frail for how little damage they put out, 135 points (using the newly adopted measurement system, little more than half a babyknight) is silly.

Yes but how does this compare in points per wound of damage output against various types of targets as compared to a shadowsword?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I kind of hope Acts of Faith gets looked at.

As it is, you're incentivized to just run a small detachment with other stuff since you only get one (two with Celestine) per turn. It kind of punishes you for running a pure Sister's list.

Even something simple like you get one Act of Faith per detachment or on a scale based on points would be nice.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Floppychop posted:

I kind of hope Acts of Faith gets looked at.

As it is, you're incentivized to just run a small detachment with other stuff since you only get one (two with Celestine) per turn. It kind of punishes you for running a pure Sister's list.

Even something simple like you get one Act of Faith per detachment or on a scale based on points would be nice.

I thought this was the whole function of Imagifiers?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Booley posted:

Yes but how does this compare in points per wound of damage output against various types of targets as compared to a shadowsword?

Yeah it is pretty obvious being a pipe organ that launches missiles have no value.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Yeah it is pretty obvious being a pipe organ that launches missiles have no value.

It's just such a boring concept you know.

They should really be shooting rocket-propelled explosive skulls.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Schadenboner posted:

40kFansAreTheFuckingWorst.txt

I don't know what you're talking about

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
It would be cool if the Sisters could take some Arbites or PDF troopers as a cheap screening unit.

I wonder if they will get a plastic version of the bunker Rhino that FW used to sell.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

SJW is such a useful term because I know the moment someone uses it unironically I know that I can discount anything else they have to say.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

xtothez posted:

It's peak Dakka. That Community post has answered a ton of poo poo they were whining about before (army builder, "where's the survey", why won't GW ever engage with the community), plastic Sisters are finally announced after like two decades of waiting, and so rather than enjoy any part of it they've immediately engaged in a race to the bottom to see who can have the sourest grapes about getting everything they wanted. The biggest whiner imo is the mod (first quote) who's decided that getting news about the release is some kind of conspiracy and that hearing about the design process as it happens is some kind of marketing experiment which is A SLAP IN THE FACE to "real" Sisters players. No wonder their culture is so bad.

Not to mention the guy who thinks that anyone outside the tiny wargaming circle is going to somehow be drawn into a debate about the design of Sisters by "SJWs."

Living Image fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 22, 2018

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

xtothez posted:

loving :lol:

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Something interesting that I think got lost a bit in the general announcement:

Warhammer Community posted:

So, we’re going to do something we’ve never done before – right up until the release, we’ll be bringing you updates on the Sisters of Battle, sharing images and snippets of info and a whole ton of behind the scenes goodness.

Now that's neat, and it fits right in with the whole community engagement thing they're trying out, but then you look at the above screenshots and wonder, oh dear, you're going to engage with that community huh?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Giant Isopod posted:

Something interesting that I think got lost a bit in the general announcement:

Now that's neat, and it fits right in with the whole community engagement thing they're trying out, but then you look at the above screenshots and wonder, oh dear, you're going to engage with that community huh?
I'm assuming/hoping they mean the community around the Warhammer Community presence, and not the morons on dakka/bols/etc

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

xtothez posted:

Oh, FFS.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
They're not engaging with that community, in a sense - these are ostensibly being put out for people who WANT new Sisters stuff, and I highly doubt those shitbirds actually want new Sisters stuff. Not unless it conforms to whatever stupid idea of SoB they have in their heads, anyway. GW isn't going to court them, what with their recent push for more representation of women in their stuff (as naff as it can be sometimes), so they're basically going to prune out these fucks over the next three years or so.

Also, GW never said in that release they were taking feedback on model design, so I presume outrage from any angle on the models is going to be ignored unless they can get more goodwill or one or two points are taken up raised by the majority community.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
that third dude's hangup about future sisters releases not being 100% cheesecake is so strange when GW released a whole army of naked murder aelf ladies this month

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

The Deleter posted:

GW isn't going to court them, what with their recent push for more representation of women in their stuff (as naff as it can be sometimes), so they're basically going to prune out these fucks over the next three years or so.

Here's hoping.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Oh for sure, I just feel for the person who has to deal with the wave of troglodytes that's going to wash up on their facebook page

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Giant Isopod posted:

Oh for sure, I just feel for the person who has to deal with the wave of troglodytes that's going to wash up on their facebook page

Yeah the Facebook isn't as bad because there isn't the same toxic echo chamber effect that Dakka has, but there's still guaranteed to be angry reacts and comments on every post, complaining that some dude's specific thing isn't being made RIGHT NOW. The team are pretty game about dealing with it, but it must be tiresome to try and engage with.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

zeal posted:

that third dude's hangup about future sisters releases not being 100% cheesecake is so strange when GW released a whole army of naked murder aelf ladies this month

Those people complain about the new naked murder elves. They say they're too conservative and the "sports bra armor" hides too much.

Hams gonna ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I just want them to stay scaled with the old sisters, but like - I'll survive if they aren't.

I wonder if we'll get them before FW puts out the rest of the 30k Sisters of Silence.