Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They aren't Hams, they're Harms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Floppychop posted:

Those people complain about the new naked murder elves. They say they're too conservative and the "sports bra armor" hides too much.

Hams gonna ham.

This is why I support gulags

In other news my love of Mechwarrior is making Imperial Knights super tempting, I just need to finish off my Death Guard and then I can start thinking about AdMech+Imperial Knights

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

moths posted:

I just want them to stay scaled with the old sisters, but like - I'll survive if they aren't.

Secondus Sisters.

(need a special repressor to transport them)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

AnEdgelord posted:

This is why I support gulags

In other news my love of Mechwarrior is making Imperial Knights super tempting, I just need to finish off my Death Guard and then I can start thinking about AdMech+Imperial Knights

Do what I'm doing, gently caress off the Death Guard (even though I have a deadline and a toxx) and mess about with other armies instead.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I hope that it's a 30k army, so it can be a triple toxxxic challenge

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

moths posted:

I just want them to stay scaled with the old sisters, but like - I'll survive if they aren't.

Oh gently caress me they're going to be on 30mm bases aren't they

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Got kinda lost in all the Sisters buzz, but here's new info on the upcoming Mechanicus game:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/21/threat-identified-in-mechanicusgw-homepage-post-3/
I posted this yesterday, but it immediately got swallowed by the "Holy poo poo plastic sisters are real" excitement.
One hour of Alpha footage plus a some questions answered.
And here's the latest Dynasty preview for 'crons:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/preview-the-nihilakh-dynasty-doomsday-arks-and-lychguardgw-homepage-post-2/

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

I already had two trades planned for a crusader and a paladin this weekend, plus Forgebane on order, before this announcement. Thinking of picking up a second crusader or an errant too. That new Knight is 40k as gently caress and I love it. Going to pre-order one as soon as I can, plus maybe a third baby Knight in the new config if those look good.

Only bad thing is I think I might have to finally paint up a mini guard battalion to run with them for the screening and bodies.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed
The only thing that bothers me almost as much as the poo poo posters on dakka is the formatting. How on earth do people read through page after page of white text on a black background, every time I read more than a sentence or two it feels like my eyes get turbofucked when looking away to anything else.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Giant Isopod posted:

Oh gently caress me they're going to be on 30mm bases aren't they

Cannoness Debbie Harry was, so I think that's a sign of things to come.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

FromTheShire posted:

The only thing that bothers me almost as much as the poo poo posters on dakka is the formatting. How on earth do people read through page after page of white text on a black background, every time I read more than a sentence or two it feels like my eyes get turbofucked when looking away to anything else.

I could work with that if they didn't resize posts arbitrarily. I hate having to zoom in on my phone to read half of the posts.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

FromTheShire posted:

Obviously the two are connected. Everyone posting on dakka have brain damage due to harmful amounts of exposure to terrible formatting.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Lupercalcalcal posted:

This is absolute nonsense, and ignores the lead time for productions of this kind. If they're next year that means that the sculpts are done and probably the first test molds are being made. The studio will have painted at least a few test models, and photography will be in session. Lead time on a release like this is immense - it starts minimum 2 years in advance.
I call bullshit on this one. If there were test models painted, they'd have included pics in the release, just to build hype if nothing else. They didn't even release any concept art which tells me they don't have any new stuff that has already made it through the approval process. Also, the fact that they announced that they'll be giving updates "every step of the way" further reinforces the idea that they are literally just starting this. And news flash - "Emperor willing in 2019" is two years away, which yeah, is how long this poo poo takes.

All that aside, this actually represents a really interesting departure for GW in that fans might get to really see the whole design process from inception to completion, which could be really cool if handled well. Given their newfound engagement with the community, fans might even get some input, which sounds both awesome and terrifying (because hams).

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
You girlfriend's legs aren't photobombing the final product.

Boo. :mad:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i really appreciate the handwringing about sjws ruining the new sisters aesthetic while theres a naked tittay elf riding a pegasus thats half a page up in the same community post

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This is proof that the hobby should have died after AoS and that this is now in fact some kind of dark twisted alternate reality.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i really appreciate the handwringing about sjws ruining the new sisters aesthetic while theres a naked tittay elf riding a pegasus thats half a page up in the same community post

No-one tell THE FEMINISTS or it'll be all over tomorrow's front page and every wargamer will be personally hunted down by SJW death squads

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Corrode posted:

No-one tell THE FEMINISTS or it'll be all over tomorrow's front page and every wargamer will be personally hunted down by SJW death squads
I for one welcome our new feminist overladies.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Like, there's room for the silly titty elf miniatures and good Sister of Battle minis. These people think one must delete the other when that's not even true. Both can exist.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Corrode posted:

SJW Super-Soldier incoming

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The best part of the Community Assistant recruitment day thing (besides from us being dumped into Bugman's with the business shmoozing tab after) was getting handed a list of the worst Facebook and Dakka/BoCs/SpikeyBitz posts they could find and being asked how you'd moderate them.

The Ham community is changing for the better and these fuckloads know this, the sooner they slink off to whatever slime they slopped out of the better tbh.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Ilor posted:

I for one welcome our new feminist overladies.

Feminist overladies would be a great band name.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Naramyth posted:

Feminist overladies would be a great band name.

Or a name of a Sisters Order...

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

The best part of the Community Assistant recruitment day thing (besides from us being dumped into Bugman's with the business shmoozing tab after) was getting handed a list of the worst Facebook and Dakka/BoCs/SpikeyBitz posts they could find and being asked how you'd moderate them.

The Ham community is changing for the better and these fuckloads know this, the sooner they slink off to whatever slime they slopped out of the better tbh.

That sounds amazing but I'm sure I'd fail the test because my answer to each would be "BAN."

maikzor
Feb 26, 2011
What's up with the boob-necrons? Never seen or heard of them outside of this thread.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

The Deleter posted:

Like, there's room for the silly titty elf miniatures and good Sister of Battle minis. These people think one must delete the other when that's not even true. Both can exist.

PAH! Maybe in your little safe space, snowflake, but in the GRIM DARK FUTURE there's only room for sisters with hourglass figures and no room for your shapeless square armor Sisters of Political Correctness! *burp*

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

maikzor posted:

What's up with the boob-necrons? Never seen or hear of them outside of this thread.

Third party minis/conversion parts from Wargame Exclusive. They have an entirely-earned reputation for making nude cheesecake minis, but recently they've moved into more respectable stuff (their newest SOB's look pretty good).

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
The naked murder elves really are shockingly restrained, for naked murder elves. Ten years ago they’d have been sculpted with painted-on bikinis and thongs, but instead they’re given skirts and... I dunno, armored tank-tops? It’s not hard to look at the Wych sculpts and then the Daughters of Khaine sculpts and project that trend on to hypothetical new Repentia, and while I’m elated by it, if you’re the sort who thinks that trend is a sign of the downfall of Western civilization, it’s no wonder you’d get mad.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

xtothez posted:

I don't know what you're talking about

• Real Gamers
  • SJWs
  • Weird use of quotation marks

Why are people like this.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

As a person who used to play Sisters of Battle when I first got into the game... So what? The models looked cool but it is just Space Marines with worse stats. Hopefully they will get more crazy stuff like Repentias and Arco Flagellents.

Updating the army of badass lady warriors is good because people outside the game may see actual models they better identify with or whatever the term is, and be more willing to give it a shot. Seeing a thing that you feel represents you in a hobby is good and cool.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Antifa Supersoldier reporting in for the purging of MRAs :clint:

The worst thing about anything is its fans--I try not to blame the source material.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This hobby really does have some of the worst humanity has to offer.

maikzor
Feb 26, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Third party minis/conversion parts from Wargame Exclusive. They have an entirely-earned reputation for making nude cheesecake minis, but recently they've moved into more respectable stuff (their newest SOB's look pretty good).

When you said nude I assumed you meant, scantily clad...

welp

edit: Ugh their mechanicum line is pretty gross

maikzor fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 22, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

This hobby really does have some of the worst humanity has to offer.

Does it really though? There are plenty of lovely hams out there, don't get me wrong, but there are the exact same kind of lovely people in every other community that caters at all to nerds.

My own experience with 40k players has been consistently really pleasant and a great way of socializing with other adults when I can take an afternoon away from child-rearing. YMMV I guess.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Pendent posted:

Does it really though? There are plenty of lovely hams out there, don't get me wrong, but there are the exact same kind of lovely people in every other community that caters at all to nerds.

high chance they're the same people, just simultaneously inhabiting multiple communities

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

high chance they're the same people, just simultaneously inhabiting multiple communities

Yeah, exactly. There's this enormous toxicity problem affecting a ton of online and online-adjacent communities these days and the lovely behavior is pretty consistent. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of this was coming from a small subset of people

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

maikzor posted:

When you said nude I assumed you meant, scantily clad...

welp

Yeah, they've adopted Kingdom Death's style of cheesecake separation, where there's nude "pinup" versions of characters. I like that design decision because it means weird cheesecake is usually vestigial to the line and ignorable. Better than Raging Heroes' where most of the character/elite models are cool, but the common troops are all latex Nuns With Guns.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Well, I'm not sure I'd go that far either--describing this as a "small subset of people" ignores how pervasive the issues are, and how other people in the community don't step up and tell those people to shut the gently caress up often enough

Cainer
May 8, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

Odds are good Sisters will be getting some new toys alongside their new sculpts right?

What kinda holes need filling in their roster? Some kinda armoured CC squad?

I would love to see them bring back that old unit of Ecclesiarchy based fanatics. I remember they got introduced in white dwarf a long rear end time ago, I used to run them all the time as a cheap screen and a deadly surprise unit since you could put a dude with an eviscerator for every five models, they once killed a landraider and I was so proud of them! I'll have to search for the old copy of white dwarf to show em off.

As for a wishlist of never heard of or likely to never ever happen ever ever, I really like the idea of biker sisters, maybe give the option to kit them out with heavy melta weapons or melee so they could either pew pew heavy targets or skewer them with lances, morning stars or what have you.

Or you know, a flying cathedral that shoots skull missiles to rocking music, either for transport or for pew pew.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TheChirurgeon posted:

Well, I'm not sure I'd go that far either--describing this as a "small subset of people" ignores how pervasive the issues are, and how other people in the community don't step up and tell those people to shut the gently caress up often enough

At least on Dakka, posting insane screeds about SJWs is completely ok but telling those people they're mental gets you banned for not being polite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I basically just use Dakka as a place for my army blogs, which I use tumblr for anyway too. It's as much out of habit at this point as anything else.

Is there a good way to run Sternguard these days? I'm scrounging a squad together and losing out on special issue ammo with combi weapons makes taking pure bolters seem to be the best option.