Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I was in that league up until I think 2 years ago, and our scoring was originally based on maybe the previous TFF article to that one. We're pretty close to that scoring.

I really hope having FFs set to 4 instead of 3 didn't alter the outcome of the year. Ugh.

Stevie Lee posted:

I've always thought that sacks counted as TFLs

pretty sure they do in Madden anyways, lol.

also, I'll take that prize money whenever, tia. I already picked out what I'm spending it on.

Stevie please email me to confirm your paypal address, and let me know if you want me to deduct your 2018 dues or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
just emailed you, forgot to say that i do not want next year's dues deducted

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sent!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
money received

thank you for paying for my first herb vaporizer guys! my lungs will appreciate it. 💨

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

guys, I'm sick as a dog, posting from my kindle. I will follow up on league business when I can get out of bed.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
get well soon dude

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
just roll over my bux to next year's dues

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
the flu suxxors

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Now it's apparently an "upper respiratory tract infection" and I'm on antibiotics, yay!

Chen Kenichi posted:

just roll over my bux to next year's dues

Yup, I've already put that into the spreadsheet. Since, as you may recall, you traded a pick and needed to pay next year's dues, and never did. :argh: If you want to make good on that, your remainder is $10.83.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I was in that league up until I think 2 years ago, and our scoring was originally based on maybe the previous TFF article to that one. We're pretty close to that scoring.

I really hope having FFs set to 4 instead of 3 didn't alter the outcome of the year. Ugh.

Stevie please email me to confirm your paypal address, and let me know if you want me to deduct your 2018 dues or not.

I think we talked about this earlier this season (p 56-57ish?), but you're wrong. The rules say:

quote:

Defensive scoring:
Solo Tackles - 1.5 points
Assisted Tackles – .75 points
Sacks – 4 points
Tackles for a Loss – 2 or 3 points (2 if includes sacks, 3 if not)
Interceptions – 6 points
Passes Defensed – 3 points
Forced Fumbles – 4 points
Fumble Recoveries – 3 points
Safeties – 6 points
Blocked Kicks – 6 points
Touchdowns – 6 points
Rushing yards - 0.1 points/yd
Receiving yards - 0.1 points/yd

Interestingly, the scoring also says TFL are 2 points if sacks include TFL, and 3 if not. That'd argue you investigated it at some point and decided they did double count?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Now it's apparently an "upper respiratory tract infection" and I'm on antibiotics, yay!

Yup, I've already put that into the spreadsheet. Since, as you may recall, you traded a pick and needed to pay next year's dues, and never did. :argh: If you want to make good on that, your remainder is $10.83.

It wasn't me who traded the pick if you recall? Page 61 toward the middle we discussed this? I have one trade the last calendar year that was a 1-for-1 no picks involved.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 3, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chen Kenichi posted:

It wasn't me who traded the pick if you recall? Page 61 toward the middle we discussed this? I have one trade the last calendar year that was a 1-for-1 no picks involved.

Hmm. Just read back that page, and it's weird. On our spreadsheets (click here, then look at the "2018 draft picks" tab), I show you having traded away your fourth round pick to Straight Bass Homie. But, now I can't find any trace of such a transaction. Looking at the sheet edit history, I put in that 4th round trade on September 1st at 1:01PM. I don't see anything in this thread at that exact time that suggests why I made that change. I guess it's just a weird mistake.

Well I have to apologize, I've been hounding you for months on this but clearly my recordkeeping was wrong. I wish I'd gotten that figured out ages ago.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh and hey The Zack would you like your $80? Just email me to verify which email address to send it to, and whether you want me to hold back your 2018 dues.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Email sent.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Money sent!

My cat very nearly changed your $49.17 into $491.70, lol, I caught it Juuuuuuust before hitting "send"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah also,

Zauper posted:

I think we talked about this earlier this season (p 56-57ish?), but you're wrong. The rules say:

Interestingly, the scoring also says TFL are 2 points if sacks include TFL, and 3 if not. That'd argue you investigated it at some point and decided they did double count?

I'm gonna chalk this up to my impending fever or something, because I swear I was comparing our rules side-by-side with the settings in MFL and checked like three times that the score was wrong, but history on the rules page proves 100% that you're right.

This plus the several errors I've made earlier this season are starting to make me doubt my mental faculties. I wonder if I'm getting Alzheimers or something.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sooo, let's change the rules, shall we?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

sooo, let's change the rules, shall we?

what was the result of the votes?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Basically the same as I posted earlier. One more response, 10 out of 12, but it fell in line with majority.

Will do a post about it on Monday.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

could you just link us to the results sheet? You can set it to view only link if you are worried we will tamper with the results, lol

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I can't figure out how to share the responses.

I can download them to excel which is crappy.

Added Leper gmail as editor. Maybe you can figure it out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh, weird. I guess the last time I used a google survey tool, it was attached to the google sheets: all the responses went straight into a spreadsheet, which was its own shareable document.

I went ahead and clicked the "create a spreadsheet" button. Here's the sheet:
This should be a view-only link for everyone but Spermy

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

While we are talking about this stuff, what would people think about making the offensive starters more similar to the d and making the positional requirements 1, with the rest flex?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So instead of 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, we'd have 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, right?

The obvious result is that you'd be more, eh, flexible in how many RBs and WRs you roster. We'd want to make sure there wasn't a clear superiority in WR vs RB, probably, or this rule change could specifically benefit some teams and penalize others, based on their current rosters.

Just as an example, the Chefs have 8 RBs rostered right now, while Ash Ketchum has only four This change could benefit Ketchum more than the Chefs, possibly, if it means Ketchum's current strat of rostering six QBs pays a benefit.

But we'd be doing this in the offseason, so teams would presumably have time to adjust. And in the long run, flexibility could be desirable in dynasty?

I suppose my conclusion is that I probably wouldn't have a problem with this if the majority prefers it, but I also don't see a huge advantage in doing it... are teams regularly finding it hard to start two good WRs or RBs, to the point where they're having to sacrifice other positions to do it?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I waffle on it a bit. I like that it helps solve potential injury issues. eg if you have two starting RB and a bye fill you aren't stuck with the weaker player if it lets you use a WR instead. Given that roles are becoming a bit more interchangeable with pass catching backs, it feels reasonably modeled after the NFL.

We'd potentially need to adjust WR scoring up slightly? But maybe not, the two are slightly cyclical based on defensive plans.

The defensive flex decision isn't based on people struggling to find LB or DB, it's about giving choice. This is similar. With the roster constraints (roughly 2 players per starting slot, but 7 positional starters), it's very hard to carry a backup for injury for all slots and still have much space left. A move to more flex positions helps with that, without reducing the value of any player really. It reduces the value of bad (sub top 40ish scorers) players at any position. That's not really a bad thing though?

When Tyler had his run of wr injuries this season, he could have started more RB instead of looking for replacement tier WR.

You could have decided to move on from Lamar Miller and lean on someone like Goodwin as the replacement.

It feels like in dynasty which is about developing players and a team over time, choice is good.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 4, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am still alive.

I dislike the above proposed change, having "flex anything" gives you flexibility, but in my mind it defeats the purpose of fantasy. Maybe it doesn't change the dynasty aspect of it, but I still dislike it soley based on gut reaction.

Dont roll over the site to 2018 yet, I've got to get screenshots and poo poo and then gently caress around with scoring to get that rolling the way we had talked about.

That superbowl was a dickpunch, I havent fully recovered. I cant even bring myself to watch more than two minutes of the Mic'd up thing. Football anything is just out of the question for me to work on.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 23, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah this always happens with me, I'm pretty burnt out on football and it makes it hard to pay attention to revising our league stuff during the offseason.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Alright, I'm sick of this monkey on my back. I'll be looking at scoring soon. I might duplicate the league and test my poo poo there.

I basically want all of the weekly scores to end up being exactly the same, right?

Moving into the 2018 league I'll add the QB Hits/Hurries/Blocked Punts and poo poo. But for editing the 2017 league I want it all to stay the exact same, just all be under one umbrella.

Once we get to 2018 we can:

• Bump IR to 3
  • Change taxi rules for them to stay 2 years
  • Change stealing rules, this will be in the rules rather than an MFL change
  • Bump Taxi Squad to 4
  • Add defensive player slot
  • Add 1 bench slot
  • Add QB Hits and/or Pressures depending on MFL abilities
  • Add fumble return yards at .04pts per yard, same as punt return yards
  • Fix fumble scoring so fumbling your own and recovering it doesn't net you 1pt

That's all for actual edits on the site that I'll hit next week (lol yeah right) according to our survey.

We need discussion on Contracts for players, and salary yearly increases maybe changing, and bracket layouts for eliminated people playing 'best ball' (middle of page 66) for a consolation prize.

Let me gently caress with 2017 league and get the scoring set exactly as we have it, then I'll roll it to 2018 and adding the other scoring stuff will be much easier in the new scoring layout. Two step process.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 1, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

that sounds right, but I'll have to look back through the thread and stuff to make sure we didn't discuss any other scoring changes. My memory is poo poo obviously so I have to double-check things.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I edited the poo poo out of that. May want to reread.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Changed the scoring. That was easy since I just added it all to one, then deleted the others. The point values all carried over that way.

Now anyone who does anything listed will get the points. DE who catches TD's as a TE? It counts. Julio Jones at the end of a game defending a hail mary? It counts. Rex Burkhead blocking a punt? It counts.

Defensive points are no longer just for defensive players. Special teams points (blocked anything) are no longer just for defensive players.

https://imgur.com/BLb7XIB

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

re-read your updated post and that still sounds right, although I haven't checked to see if we missed anything

we need to update the rules as-written in the rules document, too. I don't have time today, so remind me and I'll work on it maybe tomorrow or something

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Alright, any issues with rolling to 2018?

There is some info that we'll get in email because it's a dynasty league, but I dont know what.

Then I can expand taxis, bump salaries, expand bench, add IDP...

And then I can start trading if any of you guys actually will trade. 5 out of 12 trading isn't a very good ratio.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Alright, any issues with rolling to 2018?

There is some info that we'll get in email because it's a dynasty league, but I dont know what.

Then I can expand taxis, bump salaries, expand bench, add IDP...

And then I can start trading if any of you guys actually will trade. 5 out of 12 trading isn't a very good ratio.

I may have to do the year rollover if they want to charge the fee. Let me know what it says.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hang on I might be in the wrong spot. Disregard this if you read it before.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
  • Bump IR to 3 DONE
  • Change taxi rules for them to stay 2 years
  • Change stealing rules, this will be in the rules rather than an MFL change
  • Bump Taxi Squad to 4 DONE
  • Add defensive player slot
  • Add 1 bench slot DONE
  • Add QB Hits and/or Pressures depending on MFL abilities DONE
  • Add fumble and int return yards at .04pts per yard, same as punt return yards DONE
  • Fix fumble scoring so fumbling your own and recovering it doesn't net you 1pt DONE

This is the fumble recovery scoring. I think it will work as designed. This way a defensive opponent and an offensive player that scoops up his own teams fumble and runs it for 50 yards will get those .04pts/yd that they return it. It is 2 separate line items.

Interception yards are much more straightforward.

:siren::siren:Did we ever say what QB hits should be worth? .25? Half a point? Right now they are at 1pt each, the default setting.

Made fumbles lost and recovering your own fumble both worth 2. I believe this applies to the entire team, so any offensive player that recovers a fumble will gain 2 points instead of 3 like last year.

But if a RB fumbles and dives on it they would get 1pt for what amounts to a bad play with the old scoring. This way they get zero.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 21, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
  • Bump IR to 3 DONE
  • Change taxi rules for them to stay 2 years Allowed non-rookies to be on taxi squad. Rest of it is manual process. 2 year guys max, and they can't have been a starter at any point in the league.
  • Change stealing rules, this will be in the rules rather than an MFL change This is a manual process like above.
  • Bump Taxi Squad to 4 DONE
  • Add defensive player slot I dont loving know. Leper? I tried, see below.
  • Add 1 bench slot DONE
  • Add QB Hits and/or Pressures depending on MFL abilities DONE
  • Add fumble and int return yards at .04pts per yard, same as punt return yards DONE
  • Fix fumble scoring so fumbling your own and recovering it doesn't net you 1pt DONE

I wrote with my mouse what the old values were. If I read the instructions right then it might be right?

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 21, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

This is the fumble recovery scoring. I think it will work as designed. This way a defensive opponent and an offensive player that scoops up his own teams fumble and runs it for 50 yards will get those .04pts/yd that they return it. It is 2 separate line items.

I think this is right, a player gets 3 points for recovering his own fumble, and this covers all types of fumble recovery return yards.

quote:

:siren::siren:Did we ever say what QB hits should be worth? .25? Half a point? Right now they are at 1pt each, the default setting.

I don't think we made a decision. I'd be in favor of anything from half a point up to a full point. It shouldn't be as good as a sack, but it shouldn't be so low as to not really matter.

quote:

Made fumbles lost and recovering your own fumble both worth 2. I believe this applies to the entire team, so any offensive player that recovers a fumble will gain 2 points instead of 3 like last year.

But if a RB fumbles and dives on it they would get 1pt for what amounts to a bad play with the old scoring. This way they get zero.
I'm not sure if this is right, because "fumbles lost to opponents" I think doesn't include fumbles your own team (or you) recover. Is there a more general "fumbles" score that covers both?

Spermy Smurf posted:

I wrote with my mouse what the old values were. If I read the instructions right then it might be right?

I'm pretty sure this is correct. You must start one and may start up to four of any given IDP position, and you must start 6 total IDP players. That means one of each position plus three IDP flex.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I think this is right, a player gets 3 points for recovering his own fumble, and this covers all types of fumble recovery return yards.

I don't think we made a decision. I'd be in favor of anything from half a point up to a full point. It shouldn't be as good as a sack, but it shouldn't be so low as to not really matter.

I'm not sure if this is right, because "fumbles lost to opponents" I think doesn't include fumbles your own team (or you) recover. Is there a more general "fumbles" score that covers both?

I'm pretty sure this is correct. You must start one and may start up to four of any given IDP position, and you must start 6 total IDP players. That means one of each position plus three IDP flex.

Yep, it all looks right to me as well. (but your fumble note is correct -- if you fumble and recover your own fumble in that scoring you are +3 points)

re: QB hits, I think anywhere between 0.5 and 1 point per is good. Maybe let's start it at 0.5 and evaluate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah I think you're right on the fumbles. There is an entire "fumbles" category. When did they put in the ability to sort? About fuckin time.

This is what I read and was going with, but will edit the FUMBLES to just plain old FUMBLES.

About QB hits: I'd say .5 or .75 would be good. Claiborn had 6 sacks in one game against Dallas, but only 17 hits all year. That would give him anywhere from 12.75pts to 8.5pts over the course of the entire year. That's not much, so I'd push for .75 or something. Of course I havent read any other player stats on this, just the dude the Pats picked up.

Edit: Well gently caress now I dont know what to do about fumbles.

What I put in. But that doesn't give the points for an offensive player picking up a loose ball. So I need to add that back in I think.

Double edit:

Did I get it?

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 22, 2018