Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Anyone else unable to claim their 30 Mil ticket thing? Mine won't let me grab it from my rewards box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kumog posted:

Anyone else unable to claim their 30 Mil ticket thing? Mine won't let me grab it from my rewards box.

Check if your materials or items are maxed,these tickets tend to be treated as items or materials

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm still plugging along with boring ol' Luka as my healer. If poo poo doesn't die by the time Barb's tornadathon runs dry it's probably over for me anyway.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Man I think Aileen and Ex Aileen are kicking A2 to the bench. Either that or I need to TMR some more mastery for melee. If only she benefited from katanas :qq: Aileen is at 1163, Ex. Aileen is at 1105, but that leaves little to benefit A2 and even with my best other gear she's just at 953 w/ earth element now. Hard to justify her spot in the party against near-1100 mag TT or GLS, especially since her skills tend to break other chains reliably. The Aileens are crazy strong togerther, creepin' my other chainers.

I dunno - with a higher Atk weapon she can still easily get to over 1000 with the "leftovers" gear that neither of the two Aileens is using. I wish I had another Artisan - and two more Sworn Six's Pride - Wind! If I get enough moogles from the 30 Million tickets I'm getting my only other Veritas of the Heavens TMR'd for Ex. Aileen to replace one of her Quick Attack materia I reckon.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 22, 2018

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Yeah, it was the materials thing.

How is this setup so far for an account about a week old?

6* Aileen
5* Blossom Sage Sakura
5* Mercedes
4* Divine Soliel
4* Rubicante

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
E: ^^^ Aileen and BSS are great. The rest are basically irrelevant, but two very strong rainbows is a good start. And you have a bunch of free pulls ahead of you to fill our roster slots and potentially get some more strong rainbows

The reason I say cg Fina can soft carry you is that she has a 525% chaining ability, based off of spr. So even if you gear her as a healer she can do respectable damage. And she has +80% spr just by equipping a staff.

Kunshira (sword cat) is also an option - on the same banner - and is just a good old hybrid dps who can do a lot more damage heavy lifting plus give you some resistances when needed. Plus they have innate DW for the two weapons they have passives for. And their TMR is going to be glued to them.

I guess most of my point is wait until tomorrow when the best banner we’ve had in a while will be dropping.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 22, 2018

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I really have to complain about my lack of rainbows more, cause as soon as I do I get two in two days: VoD on my half-price and DKC on my 3 million downloads ticket.

And now I'm stuck figuring out what my main party should be--right now it's WoL, Ayaka, Tidus, Olive, and Fry. Should I slot in VoD, TTerra, or CG Sakura in there? I have a lot of Tidus friends so I like to keep him in.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kumog posted:

6* Aileen
5* Blossom Sage Sakura
5* Mercedes
4* Divine Soliel
4* Rubicante

You have two extremely good 5*-base DPS units. You'll want a dedicated healer and a dedicated tank at some point, but you should be good for a good long while. Make sure you get the bar-spells if you don't get a good healer or support for a while.

Make more Goon friends for chaining, post your code.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ugggggghhhh just wasted a bunch of Support crysts enhancing the wrong Noctis. He's just TMR fodder/maybe arena shennanigans, but still ... I could full pot him and put him to use, but my Noctis prime already has that stuff squared away.

At least I managed to pull BS Sakura from the 3rd batch on the Women's Day banner, which is all I really wanted. I guess that outweighs the wasted crysts.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
090,585,027 is my ID code thing, got Aileen set as my support unit for now I think.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kumog posted:

090,585,027 is my ID code thing, got Aileen set as my support unit for now I think.

My Fohlen can clear Gilgamesh by being set to autoattack.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
This sucks. I stumbled across leviathan and managed to kill him. Then I got stuck in a cutscene loop. Force quitting it loads me back to a black screen. Recovering the data from the title screen didn’t help. I haven’t abandoned the quest data yet, I was hoping not to redo it.

An ideas?

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
I know Arena is not a big deal for peps but drat, I just got two Ashe's up to go along with my Barb, and good lord everything melts into a wet puddle in one go. I have one more Ashe in the works (just need 1 drat Rainbow Bloom grrr, hurry up Friday event) and I cannot wait until everything dies in one massive 60+ chain of doom. Too bad that doesn't work in the regular game. Just working up a party to handle the Ifrit/Shiva fight since I got Aigaion in the bag (thank you again Toonman!). What's everyone's favorite Arena murder group?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ugato posted:

I can throw up my Basch for people who have dps units but can’t one-shot it or survive the onslaught of damage. WoL would probably do the trick too but Basch does a lot more self-healing and has virtually infinite mp via counters. You can even mag break to reduce the AoE fire damage. Just keep up the AoE physical cover and you’ll negate like 80% of his offense. He’s also a dodge build, so he has Alterna which you can use for the magic kill condition (start casting it, do your chain to kill the boss. Alterna landing after the boss has hit 0 hp will trigger the condition).

Most healers should be able to keep up with the group fire damage, especially if you have anyone that can give a fire resist buff.

Could you? I'd like to try it at least

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Damnity drat man, today's ticket got me a Basch... He's just a straight replacement for Mystea and WoL, correct? So my tank options are either my enchance Wilhelm, Basch, or no tank at all, in all cases now?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
If you have both Wilhelm and Basch, throw both of them into the party and never bring a healer out again.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I like it. I only pulled Ayaka a few weeks ago, just finished leveling her, so I would have been even more jazzed for the idea before then!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Could you? I'd like to try it at least

Threw him up. 70% fr, status immunity and 100% evade. Should basically be invincible. Just have to be able to keep yourself alive versus the AoE fire damage and keep confusion from loving your own team up. And do more than a million damage per turn (if you can do 10% per turn you should be fine). Be sure to use the physical cover.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, Gumi has a better understanding on characters that Alim in my opinion. I made fun of needing a miracle to fix someone like Cupid Artemios kit prior to enhancements and even if it doesn't seem it at first glance he's the second strongest finisher in the game post enhancements beating out every single japanese 5* finisher right now as a 4*.

I'm hoping that they dont make Fry a finisher and if they plan to focus on her being a single wield unit they better add a form of W-Attack and more access to magic equip attack up.

Give her W-Attack and make her 1handed atk/mag passive get a buff similar to Olive's and she'll be fine. Or make it so the +2 for FFB causes it to hit 20 times for 3x as much damage when she only has a single weapon equipped. They'd have to do some seriously heavy lifting to make Fryevia more busted than Lila is, though it'll be interesting to see how much time there is between Fryevia enhancements and Sephiroth's banner.

Ugato posted:

Unless there’s something I’m missing I’d say wait until tomorrow. CG Fina has got to be one of the best starter rainbows in a long time. Healer who can also dps/chain with a unit people are going to be chasing anyway

The good 4* healers like Refia can do a lot. Refia/Luka/whatever with something like Dark Vertias, TG Cid, or Onion Knight (especially OK with his innate dual wield) will carry a new player far better than an Ayaka or CG Fina that relies on random 4* units for damage. Same with tanks like WoL and Mystera. The gap between units like DV/Cid and the 4* chainers is huge (though some like Amelia are beasts for arena). Same with Olive/FV and the 4* chain cappers, except Setzer in some cases I guess.

I'm excluding Y'shtola from this because I don't know when we'll see the next FFXIV event, but she's basically a free high tier healer for newbies or people who don't have a dualcast for Refia and need more healing power.

Kumog posted:

6* Aileen
5* Blossom Sage Sakura
5* Mercedes
4* Divine Soliel
4* Rubicante

Don't worry too much about Mercedes and the other two 4* units but Aileen and Sakura will still be relevant top tier units a year from now as they get their 7* forms. All the CG units (except maybe Jake?) are very good at what they do.

jaclynhyde posted:

I really have to complain about my lack of rainbows more, cause as soon as I do I get two in two days: VoD on my half-price and DKC on my 3 million downloads ticket.

And now I'm stuck figuring out what my main party should be--right now it's WoL, Ayaka, Tidus, Olive, and Fry. Should I slot in VoD, TTerra, or CG Sakura in there? I have a lot of Tidus friends so I like to keep him in.

You can run Ayaka, Olive/Sakura, and two of Tidus/Fryevia/VoD/TTerra with WoL, or drop WoL and take another damage dealer. All those 5* base units are top of the line and it's really going to be a matter of personal preference. You can forgo WoL for 99% of content and bring another damage dealer if you'd like. If you need a support unit someone like Rikku's going to be good too.

VoD gets an AOE full break ability if you're worried about enemy atk/def/mag/spr but don't think you need WoL's dedicated tanking for a fight.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Evil Fluffy posted:

The good 4* healers like Refia can do a lot. Refia/Luka/whatever with something like Dark Vertias, TG Cid, or Onion Knight (especially OK with his innate dual wield) will carry a new player far better than an Ayaka or CG Fina that relies on random 4* units for damage. Same with tanks like WoL and Mystera. The gap between units like DV/Cid and the 4* chainers is huge (though some like Amelia are beasts for arena). Same with Olive/FV and the 4* chain cappers, except Setzer in some cases I guess.

I'm excluding Y'shtola from this because I don't know when we'll see the next FFXIV event, but she's basically a free high tier healer for newbies or people who don't have a dualcast for Refia and need more healing power.

I mean, again, she has a damage ability that scales with spirit and has a higher multiplier than enhanced Divine Ruination. I’m not saying she’s going to be an end-all be-all dps. But that’s significantly better offense than other healers can offer by several miles.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mercedes #10 & Lock #9. I never get good stuff from these kinds of things.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Im a little confused on the ongoing giveaway in that I cant keep track of the 10+1's - a nice problem...

So we got one already from the TR colab, another is coming from the March daily rewards, and one more is listed in the 30M celebration but the time frame says 3/2 - 4/1. Im assuming this one comes on 4/1?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think we already got the 30M one.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kumog posted:

6* Aileen
5* Blossom Sage Sakura
5* Mercedes
4* Divine Soliel
4* Rubicante

You did also pick up Lara Croft, yes? She and Aileen will perfectly chain with each other once you enhance Aileen's Piledriver, I would HIGHLY recommend using Lara.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Oh yeah maybe we did

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?

Dana Crysalis posted:

You did also pick up Lara Croft, yes? She and Aileen will perfectly chain with each other once you enhance Aileen's Piledriver, I would HIGHLY recommend using Lara.

Yeah, got her at 6*, figured mentioning welfare units like her/Ashe/Lightning wasn't really needed.

Gonna hope to get Cagnazzo for turtletank power, but until then, raising up a Charlotte I got from early pulls.

Also, in healers I have for 4*...Refia, Garnet, Veritas of the Waters, Aria. Also two 3* Roselias. So far, Soleil is keeping up on healing with Sanctify though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ugato posted:

Threw him up. 70% fr, status immunity and 100% evade. Should basically be invincible. Just have to be able to keep yourself alive versus the AoE fire damage and keep confusion from loving your own team up. And do more than a million damage per turn (if you can do 10% per turn you should be fine). Be sure to use the physical cover.

What's your fc? I couldn't find it anywhere

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I just pulled a lightning 5*, earth veritas 4*, and x2 zidanes. Is this a decent pull to keep?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I just pulled a lightning 5*, earth veritas 4*, and x2 zidanes. Is this a decent pull to keep?

Definitely not a good one to keep.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lightning is one of the worst 5* units in the game. You can also get one for free when clearing an exploration not too far in to the story. Definitely not a keeper account. There's no 4* units that will makes or break an account reroll either tbh.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Lightning sucks so bad they're giving her away for free now. On the one hand, guaranteed 7* later if you keep her. On the other hand, it's Lightning, who (though much stronger than her 6* form) is still not going to be the super desirable unit you're probably hoping to set up with if you're rerolling.

Y'all I beat Sheratan and Elnath. Shout out to Zargabaath for being fantastic in the Sheratan fight - not meta my rear end! The paralysis resist plus 60% buffs were very handy and pretty much the only buffs I could keep up in the fight as I don't have an enhanced Soliel and didn't want to try Ramza with him locking out switching. I figured his ST full heal + mana battery would come in handy at some point and it did, kept Wilhelm alive and mana'd up at a crucial moment.

For Elnath I used Illusionist Nichol to make my newly beefed out Wilhem an AOE cover tank in addition to his provoke for phase 1, then switched to Mystea's AOE magic cover + Wilhelm still doing provokes for phases 2 and 3. Kept everyone alive the whole fight! Wilhelm had Coward's Courage and has a mostly leveled LB, and made sure to buff everyone up before transitions. I took advantage of Explorer Aileen's -50% Atk/Mag breaks to keep the damage manageable. I have Mystea's LB maxed and it was handy on a turn or two where I could not spare MP battery to use Rikku's DR. Marie was close to MVP just because she kept our Lightning and later, crucially, Earth resists very high + her great regen. Illusionist Nichol is such a fun unit though.

Looking forward to more difficult content - these fights took like 3 or 4 attempts each for me to figure out and do, even with some pretty solid units. I still don't think I can beat Marlboro. I dunno, I didn't have Wilhem last time and he is making Cagnazzo look like a jerk

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's your fc? I couldn't find it anywhere

It’s in the spreadsheet - 367 540 709

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
Don't forget tonight's the last night to spend your FP on cactaurs and gil snappers so you won't have any left for tomorrow when you can pull 3* TMR moogles at 1000 FP each. Seriously, not announcing that until today is a real dick move.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Are they loving for real with this trust Moogle for friend point summon, THE loving DAY AFTER WE SPENT ALL OUR FRIEND POINTS.

For almost six months friend points have been worthless, then suddenly we get two back to back events that drain them!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a bundle in the shop that will let you convert Lapis into Friend Points.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Well, pulled on this banner...
got the spellblade cat, Cecil, 4 Erwins, a 4* Leon, and a dupe 4* BEMonk guy I don't care about. Seems pleasant, and Cecil was a dude I was hoping for.

Spellbladecat + Blossom Sage Sakura looks like a fun combo.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

PaybackJack posted:

Because of UoC tickets I would roll for any unit that has a 7* form and is a damage unit; although that's debatable as some would say pulling Ayaka now as a starting unit saves you from having to worry about rolling her later and it's her or CG Fina(and Yuna I suppose) as your best healers.

Here is the copied, pasted, and pruned list from reddit, of the 7* unit aggregated rankings. Obviously this list does not include Global Exclusive units, which are almost always quite good, and we should probably expect their 7* forms won't be terrible.
    Loren
    Ayaka
    Pyro Glacial Lasswell
    Aileen
    Blossom Sage Sakura
    Yuna (coming soon)
    Dark Veritas
    Wilhelm
    CG Fina (coming soon)
    Queen
    Trance Terra
    Cloud
    Lunera
    Tidus
    Balthier
    Duke
    Emperor
    Kunshira (coming soon)
    Lightning
    Lulu (coming soon)
    Noctis
    Beatrix
    Ramza
    Knight Delita
    Orlandeau
    Roy
    Ray Jack
    Aranea
    Delita
    Gilgamesh
    Rem
    Eiko
    Luneth
    Merc. Ramza
    Onion Knight
    Swim Suit Dark Fina
    Elfreeda
    Gladiolus
    Dark Fina
    Light Veritas
    Prishe
    Prompto
    Ace
    Fohlen
    DK Cecil
    Flame Veritas
    Marie

Emulators specifically have a feature that allow for multiple instancing; it's a button on Nox called mutliplayer. See here

Sorry to be so repetitive with the questions about this but it just intrigues me to be honest and I don’t mind this process at all of setting up the scripted rerolling through the multi instancing of nox, I like loving around with this technical stuff.

Who are my rainbow pulls I’m actually going to pull and want to keep? Because obviously some from this list aren’t worth keeping from a reroll still as indicated by you guys telling me to keep rerolling after hitting a lightning

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Well. I've been stockpiling for awhile. Spent 100 tickets, 24 of them 4* guaranteed, and around 50000 lapis.

I got no on banner 5*'s, and the only 5* bases I did get were Ace, Delita, and Basch #2.

I feel like I should quit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Today's free pull gave me another Marie. A character I won't even bother turning into a 7* unless she gets buffed on global

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Sorry to be so repetitive with the questions about this but it just intrigues me to be honest and I don’t mind this process at all of setting up the scripted rerolling through the multi instancing of nox, I like loving around with this technical stuff.

Who are my rainbow pulls I’m actually going to pull and want to keep? Because obviously some from this list aren’t worth keeping from a reroll still as indicated by you guys telling me to keep rerolling after hitting a lightning

Lightning gets decent chaining frames when she hits 7* if I remember correctly. Right now, however, she's pretty outdated because she was the first 6* unit introduced.

• Locked thread