Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest Snub?
UCI Anteaters
UCSC Banana Slugs
Dunk City
Colorado School of Mines
Unaffiliated (gently caress the NCAA)
Rutgers... naaaah
View Results

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jim Boeheim is scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

is uh, is nobody watching the Nun v the Wolves

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

kiimo posted:

is uh, is nobody watching the Nun v the Wolves

Nevada's kind of bullying that poor team around right now.

Feeling mixed feelings.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Loyola is playing like poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

Loyola is playing like poo poo

Nevada ought to be up by like 25, I'd be worried if I were a fan of theirs.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

hell yeah loyola chicago lets go

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Go large Chicago boys

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Ibi Watson played like 10 relevant minutes all season and here he is forcing a timeout in the first half of a sweet sixteen game lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Loyola is like the Blues Brothers driving through the mall, powered by their mission from God

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Ibi Watson played like 10 relevant minutes all season and here he is forcing a timeout in the first half of a sweet sixteen game lol

I mean, then he ended up fouling a 3-point shooter and missed a few open looks, but I'll take it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lmao A&M can't do anything

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
OH MY GOD BIG TEN TOURNAMENT MICHIGAN SHOWED UP

I MISSED YOU SO MUCH

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Michigan rules

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I thought A&M was supposed to be a matchup nightmare for Michigan?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan was due to make shots because that's how odds actually work

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

jeez a lou

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Henchman of Santa posted:

They're kind of like MSU except their point guard can't make 3s so maybe not

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Michigan is playing without mercy right now

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Henchman of Santa posted:

They have two giant dudes in the post, but it really doesn't help when Michigan's defense is elite-level (lol I just typed that) and A&M is turnover-prone.

Michigan was also due to make shots. It's way loving early though.

https://twitter.com/JohnGasaway/status/976972561979527168

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There's the Michigan I bet on in multiple ways.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm sure at some point Michigan is going to on a scoreless run when the threes stop falling so I might even be more pumped about the defense so far

No fouls on Wagner or Robinson and they're forcing turnovers constantly

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
I dont think Loyola's center can touch the rim.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
A&M should not have skipped defense day

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nevada has Loyola-Chicago right where they want them. Watch them let the Ramblers get a 15 point lead next!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think the most famous basketball players from Loyola and Nevada are LaRue Martin and JaVale McGee

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

they just made a “never rains in southern california” joke during a rainstorm so strong it has a name?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I can’t watch the game, but go Ramblers.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Will opposing players ever figure out that talking poo poo to Mo Wagner always ends in disaster?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Michigan isn't gonna let A&M have a chance to come back, huh? They are ruthless right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
A&M lost three guards in one week kinda late in the season, which probably doesn't help with being absolute poo poo about turnovers.

Then again they spent a quarter of the season losing to the absolute dregs of the SEC before that happened too so...

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Grittybeard posted:

A&M lost three guards in one week kinda late in the season, which probably doesn't help with being absolute poo poo about turnovers.

Then again they spent a quarter of the season losing to the absolute dregs of the SEC before that happened too so...

I have to say, the lovely freshman PG saying that he was "unstoppable" and "unguardable" yesterday going into a matchup with Zavier Simpson made me about 500x more confident about this game, and so far that's really holding up.

Dude is 1-6 with 0 assists and 5 turnovers

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FartingBedpost posted:

Michigan isn't gonna let A&M have a chance to come back, huh? They are ruthless right now.

It's *very early* and Michigan blew a giant lead against Ohio State earlier in the year.

But there's a murder in progress.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

FartingBedpost posted:

It's kinda the other way around, A&M isn't even trying to play defense. All these shots are uncontested

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Grittybeard posted:

who cares tho they ostensibly beat one of the best teams in the country literally last week with that squad. This isn't so much an A&M bad situation as a Michigan Way Better and also A&M refusing to play defense

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Poque posted:

It's kinda the other way around, A&M isn't even trying to play defense. All these shots are uncontested

Ah, I was watching the Nevada game, so I wasn't sure if it was Michigan defense or what.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's everything, they're trucking.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm excited

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Loyola is loving awesome

FartingBedpost posted:

Ah, I was watching the Nevada game, so I wasn't sure if it was Michigan defense or what.

It's both really. But they won't come back if they aren't even trying to stop Michigan. They'll get to 70 with like 12 mins left and it'll be out of reach

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

who cares tho they ostensibly beat one of the best teams in the country literally last week with that squad. This isn't so much an A&M bad situation as a Michigan Way Better and also A&M refusing to play defense

I mean if A&M played every game like they did last week they'd be a 2 seed themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Loyola!

• Locked thread