Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Fedule's latest LP has gotten me a hankerin' - I'd like to settle in and watch some VLPs about games with interesting (not necessarily good) stories where the LPer is polite and informative. It doesn't have to be on SA - in fact, hit me up with good youtubers - but, please, don't send me to anyone who reads the text on-screen.

I don't have a more broad genre request here - I'll watch FPSes if there's a good story, just, give me something I can think about and enjoy. Like Bobbin Threadbare's stuff, if you need another point of reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.
supergreatfriend on Deadly Premonition comes immediately to mind if you haven't seen it. That game is kind of the gold standard for "interesting but not necessarily good." It's downright captivating.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Level 1 Thief posted:

supergreatfriend on Deadly Premonition comes immediately to mind if you haven't seen it. That game is kind of the gold standard for "interesting but not necessarily good." It's downright captivating.

This is a high-quality LP.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Level 1 Thief posted:

That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for...except that I've seen it twice. Sorry!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Fedule's latest LP has gotten me a hankerin' - I'd like to settle in and watch some VLPs about games with interesting (not necessarily good) stories where the LPer is polite and informative. It doesn't have to be on SA - in fact, hit me up with good youtubers - but, please, don't send me to anyone who reads the text on-screen.

I don't have a more broad genre request here - I'll watch FPSes if there's a good story, just, give me something I can think about and enjoy. Like Bobbin Threadbare's stuff, if you need another point of reference.

SGF's latest series, on Let's Catch is certainly interesting. I've been enjoying Tehsnakerer's content, which isn't really an LP but rather talking through the broadstrokes of full games. I particularly enjoyed his breakdown of the Xenus trilogy, the most fascinating trilogy of Eurojank games I've seen. Kinda like STALKER crossed with Far Cry 2, then it turns to STALKER with Far Cry 1, and then STALKER with uh... Star Trek. I also greatly enjoyed his look at Second Sight, a game about a psychic dude made by the Timesplitters devs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

SGF's latest series, on Let's Catch is certainly interesting. I've been enjoying Tehsnakerer's content, which isn't really an LP but rather talking through the broadstrokes of full games. I particularly enjoyed his breakdown of the Xenus trilogy, the most fascinating trilogy of Eurojank games I've seen. Kinda like STALKER crossed with Far Cry 2, then it turns to STALKER with Far Cry 1, and then STALKER with uh... Star Trek. I also greatly enjoyed his look at Second Sight, a game about a psychic dude made by the Timesplitters devs.

I've watched the first minute of the Xenus trilogy and can tell already: this is my jam, thank you! LPs, game design/reviews, good stuff I love to watch~

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Your evil twin did a good Singularity LP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ok3mL3f68w

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

I would recommend the MODE lp by SGF, but I don't see it on the archive. Someone help!

Nm I got it. Goddamn this was 5 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSPgE4K0SB3Vi6N13DtVRF-uJq0WLCC3

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 9, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Gildiss posted:

I would recommend the MODE lp by SGF, but I don't see it on the archive. Someone help!

Nm I got it. Goddamn this was 5 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSPgE4K0SB3Vi6N13DtVRF-uJq0WLCC3

I've also seen it and read the thread associated with it! Not sure why he didn't archive it, it's a brilliant LP.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
LPs of weird mediocre games with bizarre stories are pretty much my main interest, though not a ton come to mind. Limbo of the Lost is actually agonizingly bad but really fascinating, some cool ladies on another board covered odd adventure game The Orion Conspiracy, and Niggurath has done a few, chief among them being Michigan: Report From Hell.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Are there any subtitled video LPs going on right now? I've watched all the extant ones in the archive.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

queserasera posted:

Are there any subtitled video LPs going on right now? I've watched all the extant ones in the archive.

Little Nightmares by JohnOfOrdo3 is good, he does reall interesting things to make the character come to life and set the Narrator for the LP apart.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Afriscipio posted:

Your evil twin did a good Singularity LP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ok3mL3f68w

Hey, thanks for this! I haven't seen it, gonna spin it up now and give it a go!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Is there a Stellaris LP (offsite is fine) in the vein of Jade Star's X-com LPs (extremely informative but doesn't take itself too seriously)?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Are there any Goon streams or informal (or 'formal' for that matter, I just assume not since I haven't noticed any here on the forums) LPs of Kingdom Come yet? KInd of really interested in that game, but as my computer is a toaster, I will only be experiencing it vicariously through others for the foreseeable future.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone have a good LP of Bendy and the Ink machine that's not got a scarecam? This includes John Wolfe.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Any good LPs of the Klonoa games?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I apologize if this isn't the right thread for this question, but it seemed like the closest match: I remember a Let's Play someone was doing with an old board game, I think it was two-player, with one player as an empire and another as a rebellion against that empire. It might've been a participatory Let's Play where the readers were voting on strategies to win, and I think the Let's Player was playing as the Empire.

I was reminded of this game recently when a friend pitched me on a game idea of theirs that sounded very similar to this boardgame and I wanted to compare notes, but I can't remember anything more specific than the above to find it with. It was in the last couple years, I remember that much.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Dolash posted:

I apologize if this isn't the right thread for this question, but it seemed like the closest match: I remember a Let's Play someone was doing with an old board game, I think it was two-player, with one player as an empire and another as a rebellion against that empire. It might've been a participatory Let's Play where the readers were voting on strategies to win, and I think the Let's Player was playing as the Empire.

I was reminded of this game recently when a friend pitched me on a game idea of theirs that sounded very similar to this boardgame and I wanted to compare notes, but I can't remember anything more specific than the above to find it with. It was in the last couple years, I remember that much.

I remember this thread, though if you want to compare notes it might be best to use the newly released Fantasy Flight boardgame Star Wars Rebellion.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I remember this thread, though if you want to compare notes it might be best to use the newly released Fantasy Flight boardgame Star Wars Rebellion.

Thanks for the recommendation! Though if you do remember the other thread, do you mind letting me know the name of the game? It's been bugging me that I can't find it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Dolash posted:

Thanks for the recommendation! Though if you do remember the other thread, do you mind letting me know the name of the game? It's been bugging me that I can't find it.

I don't remember its name, the thread's name, not sure who ran it (For some reason I think Xenocides? They usually do the board games.) and I took it off my control panel a while ago. Very generic though, so I can't think of any search terms that would dredge it up.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Dolash posted:

I think this might be too old to be the thread you're thinking of, but perhaps check out Battlepod. It ran from 2011 to 2013.

I can definitely recommend it as a cool thread for anyone to read; it was a homebrew creation, so don't be daunted by the enormous stat block post.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yapping Eevee posted:

I think this might be too old to be the thread you're thinking of, but perhaps check out Battlepod. It ran from 2011 to 2013.

I can definitely recommend it as a cool thread for anyone to read; it was a homebrew creation, so don't be daunted by the enormous stat block post.

Ah right, I remember this thread, not the one I was looking for but I never got around to really reading it before and had meant to. Thanks for the recommendation!

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Hi thread. Does anyone remember the Witness blind LP done by a husband and wife? Or maybe they were engaged. It was really fun to watch.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Dolash posted:

I remember that one, it was an LP of Down With The Empire. While I can't quite locate the LP thread in question, if it's a comparison you want, the developer's site has a free rulebook available for download.

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

Dolash posted:

Was it this?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733409

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Any decent Horizon: Zero Dawn playthroughs?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Billzasilver posted:

Hi thread. Does anyone remember the Witness blind LP done by a husband and wife? Or maybe they were engaged. It was really fun to watch.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763619

You need archives unfortunately.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

:tipshat: tyvm. I don’t have archive but I saw it fine. It’s all on YouTube anyways.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

You need archives unfortunately.

Fortunately, that's not true. The "Archive" lock in the corner of the thread means that it's too old to post in/reopen but that's all; it may require Archives sometime in the future, but since they've been broken for almost 4 years now I'm not expecting it to be fixed anytime soon. :v:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Inadequately posted:

I remember that one, it was an LP of Down With The Empire. While I can't quite locate the LP thread in question, if it's a comparison you want, the developer's site has a free rulebook available for download.

That was it! Thanks, guys!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I found https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTcoRMwrX2Dihqq1gtbR_LcjDN7p4op90
sufferable. No facecam, grinding edited out, etc. I'd still like to see an in-depth take though, ideally an SA one, because he doesn't really dig into the collectible lore which is a big part of the game's story.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Skwirl posted:

You can go with this one if you can dig a subtitled LP of it.
https://www.lp.zone/t/theres-so-much-more-left-to-discover-before-the-world-ends-lets-play-horizon-zero-dawn/2150

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Wottermelon abandoned the subtitles recently, because it takes too long to do. He's updating earlier videos to have voice commentary instead.

And yeah, it's a good LP.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I can't remember which LP it was - which one had a guy playing through a car game where you were doing stunts for movies, which meant the tracks were full of some of the most precise, ridiculous stunts?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

StrixNebulosa posted:

I can't remember which LP it was - which one had a guy playing through a car game where you were doing stunts for movies, which meant the tracks were full of some of the most precise, ridiculous stunts?

https://lparchive.org/Stuntman/ ?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Finally finished the Witness LP, it was pretty dang good. Why aren’t any of the Pete and Amy LPs in the archives?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Wottermelon abandoned the subtitles recently, because it takes too long to do. He's updating earlier videos to have voice commentary instead.

And yeah, it's a good LP.

That's good news because I prefer audio commentary to subtitles because I rarely watch LPs without doing something else at the same time so following the action on screen and the subtitled commentary is a bit hard.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

That's it, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I really enjoyed Knight and Day's LP of Horizon: Zero Dawn. A blind play-through on hard difficulty - lots of fun, and with no face cam.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvjO_RhcFh77YzGx3n2MvXXcyrZs7vnZp