Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What if they just rip the other guys head skin off

Depends, is your wrestling show set in the universe of "They Live" or "V"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

Depends, is your wrestling show set in the universe of "They Live" or "V"?

The Face/Off Universe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What if they just rip the other guys head skin off

Indy Deathmatch Fed - it gets you a 2 count. Sometimes a 1 to show fighting spirit.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Shine posted:

But ball kicks are still banned.

yeah if you're precise enough to kick a dude's wiener but not his plums it should count

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd make it so all World Title Holders have to wear long boys and when you lose the title you lose the long boys. Thus the new champions gets the belt and the long boys

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd make it so all World Title Holders have to wear long boys and when you lose the title you lose the long boys. Thus the new champions gets the belt and the long boys

MY CLIENT

BRRRRRRROOOOOOCK

LLLLLLLLONGBOYS

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Also the long boys are not washed until you lose the title

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Besides being sloppy and the steroid thing, was there another reason why the IWC turned on Ken Kennedy? I know he's a Republican but I don't remember reading anything outrageous from him about Obama or whatever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Web Jew.0 posted:

Besides being sloppy and the steroid thing, was there another reason why the IWC turned on Ken Kennedy?

He got injured, then he came back and caused a funny Orton tantrum by dropping him right on his injured shoulder, then got fired.

That was pretty much when everyone turned on him.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Web Jew.0 posted:

Besides being sloppy and the steroid thing, was there another reason why the IWC turned on Ken Kennedy? I know he's a Republican but I don't remember reading anything outrageous from him about Obama or whatever.

He was all mouth and no trousers. He came in and everyone liked the intro and then he just did the intro and had ok sloppy matches, but at least he was something different. Then people got tired of the intro and he blew shot after shot for multiple reasons, while also being caught out lying about the steroids

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ken Kennedy was Ryback before Ryback. Good look, unique entrance, a potential breath of fresh air. Then people realized he had nothing else going for him and the bloom fell off real fast.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Undertaker winning the Rumble thread is pretty great for goons throwing slurs at Batista because they're mad that Kennedy isn't breaking the streak.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Venomous posted:

gdi now I wanna make a Zack Sabre Jr. CAW and have him gently caress up everyone’s poo poo

when I got my No Mercy cart it came with an amazing Sagat CAW that did a shitload of Muay Thai knee strikes and kicks and all that poo poo, and his finisher is Kicking Combination 2 and it’s amazing

If it also had CAW's of Ryu/Ken, a bunch of WCW/ECW guys, and Busta Rhymes, you somehow wound up with my No Mercy cart after I sold it.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
This question is completely in kayfabe. I'm watching Savage v Dibiase from WM4. In this, or any other tournament where the winner wins the title, what happens if you lose the match via DQ or count out? The title can only change hands via pinfall and submission, does this stay true in finals?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

britishbornandbread posted:

This question is completely in kayfabe. I'm watching Savage v Dibiase from WM4. In this, or any other tournament where the winner wins the title, what happens if you lose the match via DQ or count out? The title can only change hands via pinfall and submission, does this stay true in finals?
Easily handwaved by saying you can only lose a title by pinfall or submission

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

Easily handwaved by saying you can only lose a title by pinfall or submission

Yup, "Champion's Advantage" only exists when there is a champion.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

britishbornandbread posted:

One of Chikara's Young Lions Cup tournaments ended with the heel desperately trying to get the face counted out and the commentary made it seem like that would be completely kosher.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Why does wrestling attract the shittiest people on the planet?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

idk, what went wrong with your life to end up here?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I completely missed Kennedy's career. He seems very generic. When did he get the rep for being unsafe?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChrisBTY posted:

Why does wrestling attract the shittiest people on the planet?

I think that's still lobbyists.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Halloween Jack posted:

I completely missed Kennedy's career. He seems very generic. When did he get the rep for being unsafe?

He seriously injured Orton and Cena, busted Undertaker open hardway, etc

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Wasn't he also the guy who sold holds by struggling too much, making it harder for his opponent to not injure him?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Wasn't he also the guy who sold holds by struggling too much, making it harder for his opponent to not injure him?

Or themselves. He'd kick his legs in the air like he was trying to counter a suplex which adds "realism" but also makes it so someone with a bad back like HBK might throw it out.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basically he wouldn't work safely, which one way or the other will kill a WWE career. No idea if he smartened up in TNA.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dont even fink about it posted:

Basically he wouldn't work safely, which one way or the other will kill a WWE career. No idea if he smartened up in TNA.

It's TNA

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

remember when ken kennedy was the future of the business

heck, remember when the dolph ziggler was the future of the business

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

projecthalaxy posted:

no

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

projecthalaxy posted:

The only person who ever thought this was Dolph Ziggler

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The only person who ever thought this was Dolph Ziggler

And Rarity

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

He seriously injured Orton and Cena, busted Undertaker open hardway, etc

Cena injured himself hip tossing Kennedy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

projecthalaxy posted:

https://i.imgur.com/edNQ4lS.gifv

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Takuan posted:

If it also had CAW's of Ryu/Ken, a bunch of WCW/ECW guys, and Busta Rhymes, you somehow wound up with my No Mercy cart after I sold it.

Unless it was a PAL copy that ended up in Barcelona in which Busta Rhymes, Ryu and Ken were replaced by Rugal from Tekken and some OCs from this obscure efed then I doubt it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Kennedy was supposed to be McMahon's illegitimate son right?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yes

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Kennedy got a big pop when he won MITB at Wrestlemania. It's a shame he couldn't back up his hype because he was definitely over at one point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The best thing Kennedy ever did was in the WWE game where you get a text message from him that ends with Misterrrrrrrrr Kennedy.

Then when you exit that screen another message notification pops up that just says “Kennedy”.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Venomous posted:

Rugal from Tekken

excuse me

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Venomous posted:

Rugal from Tekken

-- Baron Corbin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kennedy was just really bad. (Also one of the few people to make Vince's "do not call" list, according to Chico)