Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Scathach posted:

Holy crap what is that

It’s a human with some pizza making conversation with a long legged bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Xun posted:

Wild colors rule! :yayclod: what are you planning?

We are going to TRY to do something like this! I'm super excited, so we will see how my damaged hair takes the color!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Man the giant birds here are all rear end in a top hat geese and bigass swans. Your tall birb looks pretty neat.

E: Damaged hair generally takes color way better than undamaged hair so you should be in luck!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I’ve been doing soul searching and working on becoming okay with me, so life is pretty cool

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

COOL CORN posted:

I’ve been doing soul searching and working on becoming okay with me, so life is pretty cool

You ahould be okay with you, you're pretty cool. Also I'm okay with you and everyone in this thread seems to think the same.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Norse Code posted:

We are going to TRY to do something like this! I'm super excited, so we will see how my damaged hair takes the color!

Oooooo that’s gona look super cool!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Scathach posted:

Man the giant birds here are all rear end in a top hat geese and bigass swans. Your tall birb looks pretty neat.

E: Damaged hair generally takes color way better than undamaged hair so you should be in luck!

I got a great horned owl who sits on my lawn from time to time. He’s not so tall but he’s pretty fluffy.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Scathach posted:

You ahould be okay with you, you're pretty cool. Also I'm okay with you and everyone in this thread seems to think the same.

Aw shucks, you. Thanks! You’re all pretty cool too!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Florida sandhill crane. They're quite common in my area but have a low population overall, so they're a protected species and you face steep fines and/or jail time for harming them. This has made them completely unafraid of humans or cars (because people will run off the road rather than hit them), and this flock in particular has staked a claim at Luna's Pizza in Longwood because of the chance of free garlic knots.

Sandhill cranes own

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LingcodKilla posted:

I got a great horned owl who sits on my lawn from time to time. He’s not so tall but he’s pretty fluffy.

:kimchi: Want pics!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I don’t have camera that can take good night pictures and the flash would be mean to him.

Maybe my local dumb loud bald eagle will land in my yard and be more obliging some day.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LingcodKilla posted:

I don’t have camera that can take good night pictures and the flash would be mean to him.

Maybe my local dumb loud bald eagle will land in my yard and be more obliging some day.

:911:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks! I’m definitely going to need it in a few weeks because he said they definitely need to come out and they are gonna schedule it as soon as they can. What a year haha

oh no! i hope it goes well for you. what can the thread do to help?

COOL CORN posted:

Yay for you and yay for life being cool! Whoever you are and however you express it is valid. 💜

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

LingcodKilla posted:

Eagles are such handome big dumb idiot birds.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Liquid Communism posted:

Eagles are such handome big dumb idiot birds.

It’s hard to look handsome eating roadkill opossums but bald eagles manage to.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

One of the boys got chased by geese in Liverpool, still refused to give them his rolos

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

COOL CORN posted:

Hell yes! Great work to do!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks! I’m definitely going to need it in a few weeks because he said they definitely need to come out and they are gonna schedule it as soon as they can. What a year haha

May your recovery be speedy and not terrible! That first real meal after you can swallow and not want to die is gonna be the best thing you've ever eaten.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Phthisis posted:

'sup nerds

long time no see

Old post, but I believe you can captain France to the World Cup this year!

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

Yay! It's the weekend! (I'm not doing anything)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Hey, on the off chance that Action Jackson! is still posting here (forgot your new name :smith:), there's a post in the grad school thread that might be of interest to you, if you're interested in helping out an incoming grad goon:

fairlight posted:

Well I finally accepted my stats PhD offer “for real”. Start date is still flexible but I’ll probably be heading out to LMU Munich in early June. I need to decide what I want my teaching load (and therefore pay) to be. I don’t have any classroom teaching experience so I’ll probably start off slow and add courses once I feel like my research is in order.

Now I need to figure out housing – I don’t have contacts out there so if any of you know people in Munich (preferably PhDs or postdocs) who might be looking for a roommate, pm me...

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I played music last night
On the soundcheck

We were bored

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

new hair who dis

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Norse Code posted:

new hair who dis

Hi.
Nice hair.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Norse Code posted:

new hair who dis

Very nice. Definitely dig the color.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hey, on the off chance that Action Jackson! is still posting here (forgot your new name :smith:), there's a post in the grad school thread that might be of interest to you, if you're interested in helping out an incoming grad goon:

Hey hey! I haven't posted in here in a while but I still lurk. I'll send them a PM.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

taint toucher posted:

Hey hey! I haven't posted in here in a while but I still lurk. I'll send them a PM.

You're the best! :buddy:

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You're the best! :buddy:

Aw, thanks! Hopefully I can help them out. Finding housing in Munich is an exercise in pain at best, especially if you're not used to the way Germans do things.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

taint toucher posted:

Aw, thanks! Hopefully I can help them out. Finding housing in Munich is an exercise in pain at best, especially if you're not used to the way Germans do things.

Is this one of those places where you have to bring your own kitchen, or is that more a Berlin thing?

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is this one of those places where you have to bring your own kitchen, or is that more a Berlin thing?

It's fairly common to have to bring your own kitchen appliances and cabinets for an unfurnished place here. When I was looking for a new place about half of the unfurnished flats had kitchen appliances. It's a German thing.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

taint toucher posted:

You should post here more. You are a cool dude and you live in a cool place.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

10 Beers posted:

You should post here more. You are a cool dude and you live in a cool place.

:agreed:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sweet As Sin posted:

I played music last night
On the soundcheck

We were bored

Norse Code posted:

new hair who dis

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

e: honestly not sure if I'm more smitten by the fairytale pink hair or the wicked enchantress smile right now

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

What the hell, Monday again?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yup it’s Monday fun day.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm so tired you guys

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Someday I will have manly white streaks in my beard

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Yup it’s Monday fun day.

there is no god :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Ignite Memories posted:

Someday I will have manly white streaks in my beard

I am so jelly of the salt and pepper look. I can't do it, and I'm practically ancient! I'm legit almost 50, and NO gray anywhere. Temples, sides, beard. And I *really* look for them.

:(