Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jonny_Rocket posted:

We can all agree that Vision is probably toast, right? I'm not sure he can really live without that infinity stone in his head, but I'm not sure. Maybe they'll come up with some magic bullshit way to keep him alive without it

I think that Shuri is probably gonna figure out a way to have the stone removed while replacing it with a solar jewel-like thing which he has in the comics. And Wanda is going to find a way to use her power to keep Vision alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Paul Bettany is basically the white-gold Vision with hair anyways

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wanda uses her reality manipulation to turn vision into a real boy

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

That would be hilarious in it's own right. But good luck convincing a die hard DP fan that it's bad.

No, I'm ready.

I'm ready for two of my favorite comic characters to star in bad movies this year :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow big iw news thanos uses the gauntlet to make Freddie Mercury the new captain america

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Phylodox posted:

These are films, though, not comics. There's a certain amount of compression that has to be involved. It's the same as when, in Civil War, Cap says "He's my friend" and Tony responds with "So was I". Was he? The movies don't really show Tony and Steve being chums explicitly. We, the audience, have to infer it from context clues (like the Mjolnir lifting scene and incidental dialogue). By the same token, it's literally impossible for movie Cap and Falcon to have 50 years' worth of backstory, but Sam's been hanging around with Steve for four or five years at least by the time Infinity War rolls around. We may have only been there to see the really big moments, because we only get a movie every couple of years instead of a comic every month, but we, the audience, can infer a pretty solid, storied friendship.

I may have overstated it; I don't think either would be a disaster or even a bad idea, but more I didn't find either of them compelling for the reasons I noted. That said, there's really not anywhere else to go characterwise, unless they go totally off the map (Isiah's grandson?).

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

If only we had one comic book baseball game

"Avengers, assemble! Our softball league has a game tomorrow against SHIELD. We need to discuss strategies and theorize on how Fury is so good at hitting the ball without depth perception."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The SHIELD team gets disqualified when Daisy uses her powers to move the bases further away.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nodosaur posted:

The SHIELD team gets disqualified when Daisy uses her powers to move the bases further away.

Yo-Yo tries to steal second but winds up standing on First holding it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like Tony will die, so will probably Loki and at least someone else, maybe Nebula. I think Vision will become the White Vision from the 80s. He'll certainly lose the Mind Stone though.

I do wish the Avengers films did show them stopping lower level threats, like the Wrecking Crew.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

Bruceski posted:

Yo-Yo tries to steal second but winds up standing on First holding it.

Hawkeye knocks the ball into right field, but Fitz is too busy ripping up tufts of grass to notice.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
man i really hope nebula doesnt die

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

site posted:

man i really hope nebula doesnt die

Karen Gillian’s going to be too busy filming the dozens of Jumanji sequels to do Marvel again after this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They'll left field us.

Thor dies. Loki takes over as leader of Asgard. Everybody else lives.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Karen Gillian’s going to be too busy filming the dozens of Jumanji sequels to do Marvel again after this

Nebula doesn't need to die for her to not be around anymore tho :(

site fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 23, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If there was a Jane Foster still in the story, I'd totally say that Thor will die, and we'd get Jane Foster Thor, but I really doubt Thor will die. If Hemsworth never wants to be Thor again after 4, he can just go off and live on Asgardia with his people and they'll make Valkyrie the new Asgardian in the movies.

I don't want Nebula to die not just because of my undying crush on Karen Gillan, but also she still has story left in Guardians. Though I feel like she's the most expendable member.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I was morbidly curious, so I finally sat down and watched Justice League. It’s a super low bar, but I was pleasantly surprised that I didn’t outright hate it. It’s definitely not a good movie, but chunks of it were somewhat entertaining. I’d be interested in seeing what this cast could do with a different director, a lighter script, and a better villain.

- Gal Godot is still the best part of these films and finally seeing Cavill play a happy Superman was a revelation.
- Flash was ok, I guess? I didn’t mind him and he had decent chemistry with the cast.
- Cyborg exists in this movie only to give exposition and grimace at a CG mother box and that’s a real shame. The graveyard scene is the only time he’s given a compelling personality.
- Mamoa is awful as Aquaman, but I can’t tell how much of that is his fault vs the script
- Batfleck continues to come off as a giant imbecile and I can’t wait for them to recast the role

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

If there was a Jane Foster still in the story, I'd totally say that Thor will die, and we'd get Jane Foster Thor, but I really doubt Thor will die. If Hemsworth never wants to be Thor again after 4, he can just go off and live on Asgardia with his people and they'll make Valkyrie the new Asgardian in the movies.

I don't want Nebula to die not just because of my undying crush on Karen Gillan, but also she still has story left in Guardians. Though I feel like she's the most expendable member.

Yeah well Portman kind of screwed that up by being terrible. Hopefully they recast because Jane Thor is wonderful.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Aphrodite posted:

Word from test screenings is it might be worse than Justice League.

Where are you seeing that? According to my news feed, the exact opposite is the case.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...s-a8266436.html

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

It was hardly Portmans fault that they did literally nothing interesting with the character

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

- Mamoa is awful as Aquaman, but I can’t tell how much of that is his fault vs the script
If he's got the charisma and talent required to be a lead in this kind of film he never displayed it in Stargate Atlantis or Game of Thrones.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I liked him in Game of Thrones. But he barely did anything except rape a woman and look sternly at stuff

He was not great in Stargate Atlantis, but then again, few people were

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like Tony will die, so will probably Loki and at least someone else, maybe Nebula. I think Vision will become the White Vision from the 80s. He'll certainly lose the Mind Stone though.

I do wish the Avengers films did show them stopping lower level threats, like the Wrecking Crew.

Like fifteen years ago there was an awesome 6 issue or so run where the wrecking crew invaded the avengers mansion. I think Hawkeye hosed one of them up with asgardian arrows? Been itching for them to be in a movie.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Let's just forget about Jane and go with Darcy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lager posted:

Where are you seeing that? According to my news feed, the exact opposite is the case.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...s-a8266436.html

Here, just last week. Maybe a different BSS thread?

Jamesman posted:

Let's just forget about Jane and go with Darcy.

I think the idea was to get someone who isn't terrible.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Personally I'd rather sit down and rewatch Justice League over an of the other films in its universe. I think its box office number is more about BvS than its own quality. It has a few moments that I considered pretty cool and fun. I don't think it will hold up to a rewatch, because the second time I'll be aware of all the plot inconsistencies and there aren't enough good things to overshadow them, but still. I'll take "What the hell is going on with Batman, this rando, and this Parademon" over MARTHAAAAAAAA or Enchantress in her entirety.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
Anyone upset about the absence of Hawkguy in the Infinity War promotional campaign (so far) should be happy with this -

Comic Book Movie posted:

During an on-set interview last year, Marvel Studios prop master Russell Bobbitt talked to the press about a number of topics, including the new costumes and gadgets we should expect to see here.

Interestingly, he actually singled out Jeremy Renner's Clint Barton, noting: "Hawkeye is getting a lot of cool new stuff. We're developing a lot of interesting stuff for him. All in the, sort of, bow related but some new gadgets he has in addition to the bow." He went on to assure fans that Hawkeye is "totally there" and "a part of the world!" That's definitely going to come as a relief to fans of the character.

Source: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...ity-war-a158889

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Boomerang Arrow or the movie is dead to me.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Ghost Arrow that turns him invisible but he's totally there the whole movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

twistedmentat posted:

Not with Kraglin around. Also, I have a bad feeling about Drax.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

twistedmentat posted:

I think Feige or some other Marvel people said that Thor will stick around past the next two Avengers movies but maybe i misheard that. Thor 3 did very very well so i would think we get another one.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nebula needs to be the one to kill Thanos. Of all the characters she's the one he's hurt most personally, both literally and psychologically.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Taerkar posted:

Boomerang Putty Arrow or the movie is dead to me, bro.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

I think the idea was to get someone who isn't terrible.

You cannot tell me that Darcy as the Goddess of Thunder wouldn't be entertaining as heck.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think Feige or some other Marvel people said that Thor will stick around past the next two Avengers movies but maybe i misheard that. Thor 3 did very very well so i would think we get another one.

Post Ragnarok I read an interview where Hemsworth was feeling completely fed up with the character and was going to quit as soon as he could, but then Taika did his magic, he loved doing the movie and now he's up to whatever is going to happen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

You cannot tell me that Darcy as the Goddess of Thunder wouldn't be entertaining as heck.

I can't stand Kat Dennings and have no clue what people see in her.

(That's not true I know exactly what men see in her.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Samuringa posted:

Post Ragnarok I read an interview where Hemsworth was feeling completely fed up with the character and was going to quit as soon as he could, but then Taika did his magic, he loved doing the movie and now he's up to whatever is going to happen.

Hemsworth himself was a big driver for the changes to the character. He's a surprisingly good comedic actor.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

site posted:

Wow big iw news thanos uses the gauntlet to make Freddie Mercury the new captain america

captain america's 'stache can beat up superman's 'stache

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

I have a feeling this is a view shared by the creators. And I can easily see a scene where, because she's in bloodrage mode, she gets overzealous in a situation where it's clear she has no chance against Thanos but goes for him anyways and gets totally chumped as a This Is Serious Business moment

But also

Nodosaur posted:

Nebula needs to be the one to kill Thanos. Of all the characters she's the one he's hurt most personally, both literally and psychologically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Samuringa posted:

That makes sense to me. Pre-Ragnarok I wouldn't be surprised at all if they wanted to kill Thor off, but after that I'm sure everyone involved could do another movie or two easily

• Locked thread