Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress are all this anti Ferrari posts? Stop it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

1500quidporsche posted:

Williams need to pull their finger out and give Stroll a half decent car so he can wrangle it onto the podium and front row like he did in Baku and Monza.

The only thing happening when Williams pulls a finger out is poo poo spewing everywhere.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

How are you going to react when your girlfriend and 2017 Ferrari driver Romain Grossjean makes it on the podium this year?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

The only thing happening when Williams pulls a finger out is poo poo spewing everywhere.

Why do they have their finger in your mouth?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Good Posts

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
AIDStralia is a garbage country

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I hereby request the 'halo' be renamed 'ha-lol'

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

AIDStralia is a garbage country

Formula 1 was a mistake

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Formula 1 was a mistake

Australia was a mistake.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Australia was a mistake.

Jolyon Palmer was a mistake.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Hell, same. Notre Stroll has won in every series he has competed in; it's only a matter of time. :getin:

Half sarcasm half genuine question but... is there a driver on the grid that hasn't won in every series they competed in?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

Half sarcasm half genuine question but... is there a driver on the grid that hasn't won in every series they competed in?

For the sake of argument, let's go with "Participated in enough races to have a legitimate shot at the championship" (read: full time season) and WDCs since 2005 because effort looking up the whole grid.

Vettel was in Formula 3 Euro Series but did not win, only coming in 2nd. Rosberg same deal, only topping out at 4th in that series, but winning GP2. Alonso got 4th in F3000 before getting picked up for F1. Button took 3rd in British F3 before making the jump up.

Lewis and Kimi have won all the championships in the feeder series they were in.

e: If you want to get technical about it, Kimi failed to win in WRC, but I'm limiting it to the FIA ladder because he already had a WDC by that point.

iospace fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 23, 2018

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I liked the part where sir otkin and Ericsson were clearly on hot laps and they still only managed to be 18th and 19th.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

I liked the part where sir otkin and Ericsson were clearly on hot laps and they still only managed to be 18th and 19th.

Holy gently caress you can't do this anymore do you want the thread to get sued?!

It's now the Heineken Hot Lap.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Liberty is loving trash
#hottake #forzaferrari

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

Liberty is loving trash
#hottake #forzaferrari

:therapy:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

And now for the Worst Thread's Heineken Hot Take... #F1 is dead.

Brought to you by Kimoa.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I like that the times are more even, but liberty killed f1 because reasons

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

OhsH posted:

the tv graphics, heineken hot laps, etc don't really matter because the one thing that makes f1 good or not is if you have multiple teams with race winning cars which can't be forced

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
anyway the new logo is good, the heineken hot laps etc are dumb but probably inevitable given the commercialization of All Sports, the tv graphics need to be tweaked for visibility, and mercedes are cheats who are bringing the great sport of Grand Prix Motor Racing into severe disrepute

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

OhsH posted:

Humanity owes them a debt we may never be ably to fully repay for murdering this dead gay sport

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wow the onboard cameras are looking even better this year!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

NtotheTC posted:

Humanity owes them a debt we may never be ably to fully repay for murdering this dead gay sport

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I barely notice the halo now tbh

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

track day bro! posted:

Missing some prime sponsor placement real estate there.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mercedes is going to win everything again
For fucks sake

Hold for quali, hold! Its not real till q, they're doing practice programs

Do we know what all tires were used in FP2 even?

Mercedes doesn't get cheating oil this year so no "qualifying mode". If Hamilton doesn't get free poles he won't be as unstoppable as last year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Question for you, unrelated.

Gangtag er no?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

CratSock posted:

Missing some prime sponsor placement real estate there.

They really are considering the inside of NASCAR poo poo is plastered with sponsor decals.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Also the asses of MotoGP pilots

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

iospace posted:

Question for you, unrelated.

Gangtag er no?

I'm down

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Id like a Scuderia Ferrari gangtag

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Australia was a mistake.

Ferrari should've died with Enzo.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Put some effort in

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schlesische posted:

Ferrari should've died when Enzo sold it to FIAT

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The top airbox camera location still gives good on-boards, they just need to play around a bit with some of the other locations. There's a bit of a limitation in that the rules require advanced notice to the teams of any new camera locations, but the positioning of existing ones can be tweaked. Practice sessions are a good time for the broadcast team to work out which shots work better.

I'd like to see the halo itself used for camera mounting, but it looks like that's not possible at the moment.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ferrari should've died

Finally some progress

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

The top airbox camera location still gives good on-boards, they just need to play around a bit with some of the other locations. There's a bit of a limitation in that the rules require advanced notice to the teams of any new camera locations, but the positioning of existing ones can be tweaked. Practice sessions are a good time for the broadcast team to work out which shots work better.

I'd like to see the halo itself used for camera mounting, but it looks like that's not possible at the moment.

Visorcams for everyone imo

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Tsaedje posted:

Ahaha Alonso just outright saying the Haas is a 2017 Ferrari copy (which it clearly is)

So, better than the 2018 McLaren then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

track day bro! posted:

Visorcams for everyone imo

Put it at the base of the thong bit. Should be out of the way enough, and can be mostly flush by covering it with some aero. Get some drat good views there too!