Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lycus posted:

Is that really what happened? Or were they trying to trick us into thinking Olivia was gonna die and she was going to be the new female lead?

Was she the character that was supposed to be the new audience surrogate? I can’t remember a time where it seemed like Olivia was gonna croak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

Remember when Aatrek probated people for saying Walking Dead is trash

He probed people for anything he felt like, or sometimes no reason at all!

Fun times.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I accidentally used a quote tag instead of a spoiler one, and mentioned something fairly minor from memory, and he gave me a 6 hour. I’d like to have it stricken from the record.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I accidentally used a quote tag instead of a spoiler one, and mentioned something fairly minor from memory, and he gave me a 6 hour. I’d like to have it stricken from the record.

Whining about a six hour should get you a 24 hour

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just don’t want a pedos name anywhere near my profile.

E: ha I was wrong, it was actually a 24 hour one.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Was she the character that was supposed to be the new audience surrogate? I can’t remember a time where it seemed like Olivia was gonna croak.

It was right at the beginning of season 2 I think, when Olivia comes back from the other universe through a weird car crash and is declared brain dead.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

He probed people for anything he felt like, or sometimes no reason at all!

That's why he's in jail now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He's not in jail. He already served his time, but I think he still pays for the therapy for the victim.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

EL BROMANCE posted:

I just looked it up from your rap sheet and there isn’t even a spoiler in that post.

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006

Jim DiGriz posted:

There are probably lots of people around here who know this, so help me out. Why is it so hard to get the most recent additions on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

Not the exact answer you would like but I use the app Just Watch (also have a website with the same info) to quickly see what's added to Netflix and Amazon, it puts what is released by each day.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

I heard about this and rolled my eyes, but after watching the trailer, it actually looks... good? What the gently caress?

:same: I put the trailer on expecting it to be so bad it's funny but it turns out that it looks really good?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

:same: I put the trailer on expecting it to be so bad it's funny but it turns out that it looks really good?

It's on Youtube Red, which is bad.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mu Zeta posted:

He's not in jail. He already served his time, but I think he still pays for the therapy for the victim.

He does, yeah; he served 18 months in jail back in like 2007 (when he disappeared from the Internet for a while) but he was also sentenced to pay for ongoing therapy as long as she needs it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just looked it up from your rap sheet and there isn’t even a spoiler in that post.

Free the Bromance One.

Guy just loved to probe. Liked disabling people’s posting ability on SA, too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That Karate Kid trailer looks awful, you guys are nuts.

It seems caught halfway between wanting to point and laugh at these washed-up losers and wanting to celebrate their return to a martial art whose relevance has looong since passed its prime. If they were going to do this premise it really should have been an Eastbound and Down or Vice Principals kind of a thing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

feedmyleg posted:

That Karate Kid trailer looks awful, you guys are nuts.

It seems caught halfway between wanting to point and laugh at these washed-up losers and wanting to celebrate their return to a martial art whose relevance has looong since passed its prime. If they were going to do this premise it really should have been an Eastbound and Down or Vice Principals kind of a thing.

It's such a bizarre premise, doing an inversion and presenting Billy Zabka as the hero and Ralph Macchio as the arrogant douchebag, that it feels like someone actually crafted the show for Barney Stinson without realizing that he's a fictional character.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Timby posted:

It's such a bizarre premise, doing an inversion and presenting Billy Zabka as the hero and Ralph Macchio as the arrogant douchebag, that it feels like someone actually crafted the show for Barney Stinson without realizing that he's a fictional character.

"Ralph Macchio was the bad guy" is also one of those minor internet memes that most people don't really care about but seems to persist for some reason, not sure whether it came about because of Barney Stinson or not.

Can't be worse than the later Karate Kid movies, I guess.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I avoided TVIV when Aatrek was around. That was all sorts of messed up. I can't imagine how loving annoying he'd have been about ST:D or The Orrville. "CRITICIZING THE WAY KLINGONS TALK IS AN AUTOMATIC MONTH PROBATION"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

raditts posted:

"Ralph Macchio was the bad guy" is also one of those minor internet memes that most people don't really care about but seems to persist for some reason, not sure whether it came about because of Barney Stinson or not.

Can't be worse than the later Karate Kid movies, I guess.

KK2 is amazing you monster.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Croatoan posted:

I avoided TVIV when Aatrek was around. That was all sorts of messed up. I can't imagine how loving annoying he'd have been about ST:D or The Orrville. "CRITICIZING THE WAY KLINGONS TALK IS AN AUTOMATIC MONTH PROBATION"

Oh god I don't even want to imagine what kind of stasi poo poo Aatrek would be up to with STD and the Orville threads.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Free the Bromance One.

Guy just loved to probe. Liked disabling people’s posting ability on SA, too.
:hfive:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rhyno posted:

KK2 is amazing you monster.

There were three more after that though, and they were all real bad.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I feel like I've never seen Karate Kid 2, If 3 is the one with the banzai tree I've seen that one at least 5 times somehow.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

imnotinsane posted:

Not the exact answer you would like but I use the app Just Watch (also have a website with the same info) to quickly see what's added to Netflix and Amazon, it puts what is released by each day.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, they don't list my country. I'm pretty sure we'll catch up in a decade or so though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

I feel like I've never seen Karate Kid 2, If 3 is the one with the banzai tree I've seen that one at least 5 times somehow.

2 was the one where they go to Japan and it doesn't make a lot of sense with Mr Miyagi's backstory from the first movie. 3 was loving bizarre where the sensei of the Cobra Kai dojo teams up with an evil businessman to get revenge on Daniel and Mr Miyagi.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wait there was a second X-Files revival season and the whole thing aired and loving ended already?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She kind of was but then it also seemed like they were setting her up for her own side plots which had something to do with the Biblical apocalypse but she's just gone all of a sudden.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

muscles like this! posted:

She kind of was but then it also seemed like they were setting her up for her own side plots which had something to do with the Biblical apocalypse but she's just gone all of a sudden.

There's a load of subplots that just get dropped in Fringe with no conclusion at all. Subplots and characters.

At the time apparently the two executive producers had different ideas for bits of the show and that's some of the fallout.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Was that when they tried inserting Meghan Markle as a new main character but tossed the idea after like 3 episodes?

Edit: poo poo yeah that's exactly what you're talking about I am a bad reader and worse poster

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s literally how this conversation started

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Do you really expect me to read before I post?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Santa Clarita Diet S2 is out. I was liking it a lot until Undead Nathan Fillion’s decapitated head and then I loved it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is that show super gory

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, but it is played for laughs.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zoux posted:

Is that show super gory

Drew Barrymore chomps down on a Dude so hard he explodes all over the kitchen. So yes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey remember when Megan Markhle was on Fringe?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Hey remember when Megan Markhle was on Fringe?

Who is Meghan Markle and what is Fringe

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Who is Meghan Markle and what is Fringe

Also, why is there amber all over the place?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm watching that workaholics movie on Netflix and it's pretty funny. It's called Game Over Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ll give that a whirl despite the last few seasons of Workaholics really slipping in quality.