Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Memento posted:

Michael B. Jordan had short dreadlocks for the role he played in Black Panther and if you tell me there's anything disgusting about him in that movie I will fight you IRL

His hair was gorgeous. 😍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

HappyKitty posted:

This person... Isn't even trans; she's a woman with PCOS who got tired of shaving and just sorta leaned into it

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/4xkznq/bearded-lady-little-bear-schwarz-makes-facial-hair-intensely-feminine

My wife has PCOS, which is why that picture bothers me so much. She does have extra hair, but not like that. She also has other issues due to PCOS, some less visible.

Also why I get upset at chucklefucks who complain about insurance covering birth control. No she's not a slut (except for me) it's medicinal. (And even for having lots of indescriminate sex, I would still consider it medicinal, but that line of argument never works.)

anonumos has a new favorite as of 10:55 on Mar 23, 2018

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Birth control pills get a bad rap just because they're called "birth control". Even if you're taking them for a completely different reason, the assumption is you're taking them so you can have loads of sex.

Kinda like the people who get heckled outside of Planned Parenthood when they're literally going in or a sonogram or some counseling or something.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
It's almost like society hates women or fears their genitals or something. :thunk:

You
Oct 6, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

It's almost like society hates women or fears their genitals or something. :thunk:

Not ALL women! Only those who use their genitals on anyone else but me. And even then they better not get uppity.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

jivjov posted:

Birth control pills get a bad rap just because they're called "birth control". Even if you're taking them for a completely different reason, the assumption is you're taking them so you can have loads of sex.

Kinda like the people who get heckled outside of Planned Parenthood when they're literally going in or a sonogram or some counseling or something.

My fiancee has PCOS and can't afford insurance so she just set an appointment at planned Parenthood and I have to go with her because she's afraid of the protestors who always seem to be around. It's ridiculous honestly.

Is it an IOSM if it was an irl thing I heard? My ex had a friend who was hooking up with this super Christian guy who didn't want to have sex before marriage. The friend talked him into giving it a try and unsurprisingly he liked it and they started to bone well there was a pregnancy scare and neither of them wanted a baby so they came up with a plan, push her down a flight of stairs so she would miscarry. See they couldn't have an abortion because that was against his beliefs and she couldn't have a baby because then people would know he had sex outside marriage but pushing her down a flight of stairs? That was okay in God's book apparently.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Memento posted:

Michael B. Jordan had short dreadlocks for the role he played in Black Panther and if you tell me there's anything disgusting about him in that movie I will fight you IRL

It's disgusting that they didnt make him look even more like Vegeta

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

GrandpaPants posted:

Nice try, Delilah.
:golfclap:

Memento posted:

Hell, same.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Samson should have dumped her the first three times he gave her fake ways to remove his strength and she tried them, smh

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

slinkimalinki posted:

That's a racist myth and it's gross that you are repeating it.

Uhhh no? It's pretty established that the Moriori were wiped out by the Maori in the 1830s. There's even firsthand accounts from the survivors and the conquerors as to their genocide.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chitoryu12 posted:

Uhhh no? It's pretty established that the Moriori were wiped out by the Maori in the 1830s. There's even firsthand accounts from the survivors and the conquerors as to their genocide.

I think it's the part about guns that's the myth.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
from Guns, Germs & Steel by Jared Diamond:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

EmmyOk posted:

Samson should have dumped her the first three times he gave her fake ways to remove his strength and she tried them, smh

She wasn't even the first Philistine woman used to try and trick him. The man had terminal Philistine fetish.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EmmyOk posted:

That story is hilarious, because Samson is repeatedly shown to be incredibly dumb, petty, and violent and yet somehow he's the hero?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/patkelly713/status/977018758983282689?s=19

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

I went to TimBL's wikipedia page and man, if only someone would have ignored a sticker in 1991 we wouldn't be in this mess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qnRv-fuxQ

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

To be fair, patkelly713 was called out on it and gave that ultimate of 2018 apologies:

https://twitter.com/patkelly713/status/977029621119115269

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He copied that other guy's name too??? wtf

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

He copied that other guy's name too??? wtf

Seriously that is ice cold.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

That story is hilarious, because Samson is repeatedly shown to be incredibly dumb, petty, and violent and yet somehow he's the hero?

So it was a prophecy about America all along. :thunk:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

burial posted:

My hair is ringlet-y as gently caress when it’s long, which it was for years. I had to actively work to prevent the formation of (admittedly loose?) dreads. Same with my daughter, which sucks because it’s occasionally painful.

We’re both pretty white. This can’t be an isolated thing.

Any hair will mat into clumps under the right conditions, and the more curl and texture it has the more prone it's going to be to that. Black hair like what Micheal B. Jordan has has the most curl and texture of all and it forms and maintains dreads easiest. And by easiest that means without destroying the hair or neglecting basic hygiene.

The political aspect is that you mostly see mats bordering on dreads in unkempt white hair, people who aren't washing or combing to prevent them. And the people deliberately trying to get them are usually resulting to serious neglect and destruction of their hair to get that look. That created the perception that dreads are always gross and in a racist culture where black people can't do anything right, what is a perfectly clean hairstyle choice for their hair type becomes icky.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

So it was a prophecy about America all along. :thunk:

Not that can't be right because it was Samson who collapsed the two pillars...

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Not that can't be right because it was Samson who collapsed the two pillars...

Temple of Dagon Was an inside job.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I'm super white but have very textured hair (Tom Jones level of textured) so could dread my hair but do not, because hey, I'm super white.

Toying with the idea of honoring my Irish heritage by doing a "glib", though.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Gosh, so many yts giving their manpinions!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

https://twitter.com/denisebatters/status/976601339752050688?s=20

Canadian conservative thinks pot labelling is a pro-pot conspiracy, but forgot what a stop sign looks like.

Also how are there Canadians who still don't know that everyone smokes or eats weed up here already?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I wanna watch stoned hockey. It's like drunk history but with violence and ice.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ularg posted:

How has this not been tweeted by Close But no Potato yet?

The catch was 2 years of ROTC to get out of the one year of required PE.

I ended up transfering schools over the summer so I did PE the next year. And then 0 period PE senior year because lol my GPA was garbage.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Aunt, this is the only thing you have posted about the shootings other than complaining that liberals want gun control but still ABORTION MURDERS BABIES HOW STUPID ARE THEY

For SOME REASON, it strikes me as insincere!

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

The myth is that the moriori were a pre- existing people from the maori and also that they were wiped out. Moriori continue to exist today. Yes Taranaki Maori, mainly Ngati Toa used guns to invade other iwi, including Ngai Tahu, and yes Moriori had developed cultural differences from mainland Maori. But pitching it as colonizing Maori invading other pre- existing cultures (Also curious about wtf you mean about all the other islands) is a false equivalency with Pakeha colonialism.

Also not sure that Te Rauparaha would have been stoked with his actions being generically attributed to all Maori.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Aunt, this is the only thing you have posted about the shootings other than complaining that liberals want gun control but still ABORTION MURDERS BABIES HOW STUPID ARE THEY

For SOME REASON, it strikes me as insincere!

Nothing can be done. Thoughts and prayers.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Picnic Princess posted:

https://twitter.com/denisebatters/status/976601339752050688?s=20

Canadian conservative thinks pot labelling is a pro-pot conspiracy, but forgot what a stop sign looks like.

Also how are there Canadians who still don't know that everyone smokes or eats weed up here already?

THOSE ARE THE NATIONAL COLOURS.

RED

AND

WHITE.

LOOK AT THE FLAG YOU BLOODY CONSERVATIVE HACK.

*cough* Sorry. Canadian conservatives aggravate me. Hits a little too close to home.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

THOSE ARE THE NATIONAL COLOURS.

RED

AND

WHITE.

LOOK AT THE FLAG YOU BLOODY CONSERVATIVE HACK.

*cough* Sorry. Canadian conservatives aggravate me. Hits a little too close to home.

You know there's probably a good chunk of Americans who think it's a pot leaf on your flag already because they've never seen a maple leaf in real life.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I made a more realistic Canada flag. Because seriously, pretty much everyone is high up here already and the major difference after legalization will be going to a store to buy your weed rather than asking your buddy's buddy to hook you up.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i'm not even high but i can't help reading that as THICC

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Totally High in Canadian Canada

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Picnic Princess posted:

I made a more realistic Canada flag. Because seriously, pretty much everyone is high up here already and the major difference after legalization will be going to a store to buy your weed rather than asking your buddy's buddy to hook you up.

Why was the original made to look like a stop sign?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Skwirl posted:

Probably to warn unsuspecting snackers of THC content in whatever food is in front of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Skwirl posted:

To placate the pearl clutchers. Our cigarette packages are covered with graphic images of disease and death, but you can't do that with weed so a stop sign is the only thing you can use to "scare" potential users.