Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tokoyami drew his head (badly) on his notebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Bobulus posted:

The gloves...

Am I interpreting it right? He's only using the 20% strength or whatever of Full Cowl, but concentrating the weaker airblast of that 20% so that it's still useful?

The scooped hood on the glove seems to be focusing the blast to a concentrated point, so now rather than being a directional explosion, it's more like a shotgun. From the brief blurb it seems to me Deku was less concerned with power and more with accuracy.

I was originally under the impression they were going to act as a brace, so I really like how the gloves aren't to prevent him from hurting himself (like the boots) but to reduce collateral damage and boost effectiveness at greater distances.

It displays a sort of confidence that he'll figure it out without crutching himself with gear, but he's not above using the gear to improve on what All Might simply brute forced through.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 23, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

kidcoelacanth posted:

Wow once again Mina's advice saves the day!

Alien Queen, a better teacher than All Might?

Prediction: Deku defeats Gentle and La Brava, but they manage to escape police capture. Some time later they decide to upload the footage of their fight to try and salvage something out of this mess, only for it to become their most popular video of all time. They then dedicate their lives to being full time Deku watchers/stalkers.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Rhonne posted:

They then dedicate their lives to being full time Deku watchers/stalkers.

they'll be deku's team rocket

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

JahRoo posted:

they'll be deku's team rocket

I'd love if they were just really ineffective but Deku tries to make them feel good by "beating" them every time they reappear.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Every villain does need a hero counterpart.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
May they never cross paths with the VA and get violently killed off in the wake of shiggy's character development

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I really loved how the elasticity quirk meant that "Gentle" just meant to bounce Deku back a little bit but because of OFA it was like a high tension wire snapped back

Also Eri's smile is too precious :gonk:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

:five:

La Brava and Gentle are probably the smartest villains so far because they've correctly assessed that they should stay far away from Deku

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seriously if someone is deranged enough to gruesomely mangle their body just to win a sports tournament then who the gently caress knows what they will do when something more important (like a school festival) is on the line.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Deku is going to absolutely gently caress up Gentle beyond what is necessary somehow and La Brava will lose her mind and turn into a serious villain and join up with the bads.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Radish posted:

Seriously if someone is deranged enough to gruesomely mangle their body just to win a sports tournament then who the gently caress knows what they will do when something more important (like a school festival) is on the line.

I would love it if Deku's reputation started to spread to the point where villains actively avoided fighting him out of fear of what he'll do to them or himself.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, come on, the real solution to the conflict is obvious.

Yaomomo hosts a tea party.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gentle :allears:

This opens up exciting new ways for Deku to injure himself with his quirk. I can't wait to see what La Brava can do.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I just realized Deku's biggest mistake in this chapter, he left the rope behind!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Rhonne posted:

I just realized Deku's biggest mistake in this chapter, he left the rope behind!

D:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gentle's quirk has the properties of both rubber and gum

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

How did that happen

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

kidcoelacanth posted:

How did that happen

He was stabbed by a mysterious arrow....

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

O my rubber Quirk...!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gentle's the best villain

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Gentle clearly understands the level of commitment he has to his activities and realizes that he can never hope to match a zealot like Deku. So not only is the new villain due endearing, they are also quite smart.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Rhonne posted:

More and more like All Might every day.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Things are getting absolutely ridiculous and I could not love it more. This was definitely needed after the Overhaul arc.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Has Gentle indicated that his plan includes anything beyond sneaking into the festival and posting a video on youtube about it? Because right now it looks like Deku is having a huge overreaction in anticipation of the UA administration's huge overreaction. Like, he jumped straight to potentially maiming himself or an old man without even telling him why.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Deku is going to absolutely gently caress up Gentle beyond what is necessary somehow and La Brava will lose her mind and turn into a serious villain and join up with the bads.

Deku doesn't understand how fragile normal people are and Gentle, upon getting launched into this structure, has his head smack some random piece of metal and gets a heavy concussion and brain damage like a normal person who was just thrown into a bunch of solid matter.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like deku would understand better than anyone in the main cast just how fragile normal people are :v:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah we're talking about the guy who has to constantly balance his power so that he doesn't wreck either himself or those he's aiming at. Remember that the first time he threw a punch at someone he instinctively held back.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Gentle can turn anything he wants into a bounce house. Getting thrown into a girder shouldn't be a problem for him.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Bakugo.jpg right here.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ytlaya posted:

Deku doesn't understand how fragile normal people are and Gentle, upon getting launched into this structure, has his head smack some random piece of metal and gets a heavy concussion and brain damage like a normal person who was just thrown into a bunch of solid matter.

I know this is a joke, but "normal" people in this universe are incredibly superhumanly tough. Shigaraki has no durability quirks but has been shot like a billion times, Mirio was dequirked and got stabbed by a billion stone spikes and kept on truckin', Nighteye survived being impaled through the torso by a spike the size of his torso long enough to make it to the hospital.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What is this, some sorta Japanese cartoon??

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have come to understand just how cute Jirou can be. How blind I have been.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Rhonne posted:

gentle will save the day with his elastic powers

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Deku needs to stop bullying Gentle, all he wants to do is go the school festival.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

ZiegeDame posted:

Has Gentle indicated that his plan includes anything beyond sneaking into the festival and posting a video on youtube about it? Because right now it looks like Deku is having a huge overreaction in anticipation of the UA administration's huge overreaction. Like, he jumped straight to potentially maiming himself or an old man without even telling him why.

Agreed. Deku is basically going "for the crime of future trespassing, I'm going to piledrive you through a wall". From La Brava's perspective, they were just going to sneak into the school for a harmless prank, and along comes this madman of a freight train who is willing to maim himself to beat the poo poo out of her hero.

I won't be too surprised if 1. she uploads a video of Deku beating the poo poo out of Gentle to highlight the injustice of the heroes, and 2. Shigaraki uses that public sentiment to recruit more people to his side.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Deku's going to jail for abusing his quirk to terrorize a tea loving citizen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Exercu posted:

Agreed. Deku is basically going "for the crime of future trespassing, I'm going to piledrive you through a wall". From La Brava's perspective, they were just going to sneak into the school for a harmless prank, and along comes this madman of a freight train who is willing to maim himself to beat the poo poo out of her hero.

I won't be too surprised if 1. she uploads a video of Deku beating the poo poo out of Gentle to highlight the injustice of the heroes, and 2. Shigaraki uses that public sentiment to recruit more people to his side.

gentle's already a criminal so deku's response isn't really unjustified. it's more "for the crime of all those other crimes you committed and literally submitted to your youtube channel"

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

gentle's already a criminal so deku's response isn't really unjustified. it's more "for the crime of all those other crimes you committed and literally submitted to your youtube channel"

It's this. If a noted criminal announces where his next target is going to be, it is very hard to argue that they are innocent especially when confronted about the matter they reiterate the point about where their next target will be. Also despite how endearing Gentle is, Deku couldn't care less as right now he is worried about anything that might further traumatize a horribly abused little girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hunt11 posted:

It's this. If a noted criminal announces where his next target is going to be, it is very hard to argue that they are innocent especially when confronted about the matter they reiterate the point about where their next target will be. Also despite how endearing Gentle is, Deku couldn't care less as right now he is worried about anything that might further traumatize a horribly abused little girl.

I mean, given that Gentle's a petty criminal, Deku's response is still kind of over-the-top. Gentle's not even trying to fight back, and his quirk only hurt Deku because Deku charged him with One For All-boosted strength and had it rebounded back at him.