Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
which shoutout does Der Krubenstein get in total warhammer? i still haven't picked up 2 because i'm a big dumbtarded dumbhead and i have only seen the shout-out that Saltzpyre and Sienna get from angry Skaven factions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Fatshark, please implement a stats page so I can look at how many rats I've murdered

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

which shoutout does Der Krubenstein get in total warhammer? i still haven't picked up 2 because i'm a big dumbtarded dumbhead and i have only seen the shout-out that Saltzpyre and Sienna get from angry Skaven factions

The Greatswords will ask where Kruber is and if anyone's seen him recently in their idle unit chatter.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Oh, I haven't seen the Sienna/Saltzpyre callouts, that's fun.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Coolguye posted:

If you zoom in on empire state troops in a battle you'll occasionally hear someone shout "Where's Kruber?". It's Small shout out but it's there. I think dwarf rangers do something similar with Bardin.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Oh, I haven't seen the Sienna/Saltzpyre callouts, that's fun.
for reference:

DeathSandwich posted:

If you zoom in on empire state troops in a battle you'll occasionally hear someone shout "Where's Kruber?". It's Small shout out but it's there. I think dwarf rangers do something similar with Bardin.

Night10194 posted:

The Greatswords will ask where Kruber is and if anyone's seen him recently in their idle unit chatter.

neat, thanks!

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Yep. They should really just do what Blizz does with Overwatch and just bring the voice actors back in every few months to record some new lines. The more variety the better. My favorite part of L4D was hearing all the character interactions or the funny lines about hating stairs or what have you.

They do add a ton of flavor to the game, it's pretty great. The friend I play this game with usually ignores most of them, but last night I was patching up the party's elf with a medpack and got warned by Kerellian to "Watch where you put those hands, Kruber." My friend spent the next minute or two giggling.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Backhand posted:

They do add a ton of flavor to the game, it's pretty great. The friend I play this game with usually ignores most of them, but last night I was patching up the party's elf with a medpack and got warned by Kerellian to "Watch where you put those hands, Kruber." My friend spent the next minute or two giggling.

"Take a good luck, I'm sure you've got nothing better to do."

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
My favorite one is the one where Kruber compliments Kerillian on her archery. She basically goes, that was nothing, you should have seen me at <some bridge battle>, I killed dozens!

Then Salty goes, "Wait! What? We lost two platoons at that bridge! Elf?!"

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005

The Gate posted:

My favorite one is the one where Kruber compliments Kerillian on her archery. She basically goes, that was nothing, you should have seen me at <some bridge battle>, I killed dozens!

I heard that one once, but I think it's Bardin who replies. Elves shouldn't be killing empirepeople.. I think. Or was it just Bretonnia they liked?

roxxor5678 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 23, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

roxxor5678 posted:

I heard that one once, but I think it's Bardin who replies. Elves shouldn't be killing empirepeople.. I think. Or was it just Bretonnia they liked?

They eat Bretonnian children and brainwash the girls to become those Damsels.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

roxxor5678 posted:

Yeah. Wood Elves are assholes. Not quite so bad as Dark Elves but they ain't nice by any means.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

roxxor5678 posted:

it's definitely kerillian who says it. she references Hogger's Bridge, and Saltzpyre recognizes the case immediately. it's also telling that the regiments that disappeared were specifically from Nuln, which the wood elves like least because that's where most of the black powder and heavy artillery the Empire uses comes from

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

The Gate posted:

He adds: ELF!!!

Blinks77 posted:

Yeah. Wood Elves are assholes. Not quite so bad as Dark Elves but they ain't nice by any means.

They've manipulated a whole country into taking up a religion to protect them, not caring at ALL about their lives. Wood Elves, as a people, aren't exactly good.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 23, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

kill all elves

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I feel like 75% of the maps I quickplay are boss fight maps...

That really sucks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digirat posted:

kill all elves

Teclis can stay (if you ignore all the End Times poo poo).

Otherwise same.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I feel like 75% of the maps I quickplay are boss fight maps...

That really sucks.

I have a theory on this. I think quick play in a premade group tries to assign the "next" map someome needs for completion of the tour on each difficulty. Since a lot of people haven't completed the last few boss maps or skittergate, you see them appear a little more often than otherwise

or i could just be projecting

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Halescourge is actually a really good map now because he's easy and the map is short. Ribsplitter is pretty fun too, but I don't like how open some of the map is.

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005

Coolguye posted:

it's definitely kerillian who says it. she references Hogger's Bridge, and Saltzpyre recognizes the case immediately. it's also telling that the regiments that disappeared were specifically from Nuln, which the wood elves like least because that's where most of the black powder and heavy artillery the Empire uses comes from

No, I meant Bardin who replies to Kerillian rather than Saltz replying. Maybe there's a version for both of them? Everyone dying on ol hogbridge

roxxor5678 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 23, 2018

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Teclis can stay (if you ignore all the End Times poo poo).

Otherwise same.

Teclis and Tyrion go on to kill Slaanesh in AoS

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Between the teams leaving or killing themselves on boss maps and hosts deciding to disband the party halfway through a map and occasional game crashs, I'm having a hell of a time actually trying to complete a game in quickplay.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Night10194 posted:

Kruber doesn't seem like a Greatsword to me. :thunk:

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Ravenfood posted:

And in Total Warhammer terms, its Bardin who is by far the weakest member of the group. Everyone else is a hero, Bardin's a member of a unit regardless of his career choice.

There's no need to be jealous just because humans need to be heroes to become as strong as a normal dwarf.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Sienna is probably the strongest of the group, regardless, since wizards are kinda WMDs in the Warhammer universe.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Broken Cog posted:

Sienna is probably the strongest of the group, regardless, since wizards are kinda WMDs in the Warhammer universe.

Wizards of her sort, anyway. Actual Battle Wizards, the sort capable of affecting whole armies, are vanishingly rare.

Probably one reason she gets away with a lot. She's an important military resource and what she can do in game is hardly an exaggeration of what a Battle Wizard is capable of.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
In lore terms, I think she's being downgraded in power for gameplay purposes. Which is kind of fair, all concerned.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
This game is just begging for a VR port. It would work so drat well, all they really need to sort out is locomotion, everything else would map 1-1 to vr controllers pretty much right away.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can reds drop from commendation chests?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

fadam posted:

I don't think so, but they're absurdly rare to start with

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope Saltzpyre survived the apocalypse only to be instantly disappointed and infuriated that rats did too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

fadam posted:

Definitive 'no' on this. But you can get a hat if you open about a thousand.

Legend's Emperor Vaults have a 3% chance of giving out a red based on the modding results.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did any of the old Empire stuff actually survive? I know there were meme rules for them where you can stroke your mustache to get a bonus to wound rolls or whatever, but I thought in the story all the human good guys are the Sigmarines.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lunethex posted:

Definitive 'no' on this. But you can get a hat if you open about a thousand.

Legend's Emperor Vaults have a 3% chance of giving out a red based on the modding results.

I got a dwarf hat from one while I was still in Recruit. :toot:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

fadam posted:

Did any of the old Empire stuff actually survive? I know there were meme rules for them where you can stroke your mustache to get a bonus to wound rolls or whatever, but I thought in the story all the human good guys are the Sigmarines.

I think technically yes? The old lords become new gods and Sigmar resurrects the souls of people to populate the mortal realms, but there's no more "an army of dudes with muskets fight against beastmen." It's "Stormcast Eternals go on a mission to the Realm of Death to retrieve an artifact" stuff

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Age of Sigmar is basically what would happen if heavy metal album covers fought death metal album covers within Dragonforce album covers.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It kind of reminds me of He-Man because it feels like there's not a whole lot of thematic stuff tying each of the factions together, and its mostly just whatever GW thought sounded rad.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I completely understand what Age of Sigmar is going for, I get the whole concept. I'm on that page. But just...nope.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Fuuka Ayase posted:

In lore terms, I think she's being downgraded in power for gameplay purposes. Which is kind of fair, all concerned.
Honestly, with how many various wizards I saw die in WHFB after magicking like five dudes, she's probably more powerful than most. :v:

I mean, hell, she's actually able to fight in melee where a WHFB wizard was lucky to have two attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

She did drop out of school to dance, so she's probably in better shape than the average wizard.