Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I remember Canta used to include the line “Ladies, watch your drinks!” In every article about Act! On Campus events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Varkk posted:

I remember Canta used to include the line “Ladies, watch your drinks!” In every article about Act! On Campus events.

Where as now a days Canta publishes poo poo from young nats about how no-platforming terfs is bad.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
David Farrier RTd a thing five minutes after it showed up in a goon shitpost facebook group and it's probably a coincidence but I want to believe.

https://twitter.com/davidfarrier/status/974730774674006016

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/NZQandA/status/975109405686599682

This is so dumb

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Does... Does he not remember what question time is like?

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
Patsy questions are dumb and useless anyway.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
National needs tips to ask a question since they never answer one.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Taitale posted:

Patsy questions are dumb and useless anyway.

They definitely need to be removed, or heavily amended. How often did we see patsy questions like "Why are you so amazing at your job as minister of butts, and why are you the prettiest princess at the party?" being asked by backbenchers? Restrict that poo poo to "Have there been any new initiatives at the Ministry of whatever. If so, could you please explain the intent/method/etc." Something like that. Neutral, kept fact-based and to the point.

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

(source: https://twitter.com/_chloeswarbrick/status/975598895899136000 )

Murrah fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 19, 2018

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
yeah but we just got 10,000 plants and $50,000 in cash from a months long sting operation involving police and the military!

I'm sure it was well worth it to stop *looks at smudged notes on hand* cancer patients from not vomiting and 20 somethings from watching The Wall..... wait that can't be right

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

The important thing is they are keeping weed harder to get than meth. Wait, what?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What happens when the mongrel mob has a dispensary what then??

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

When everyone is high..... No one will be

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Meanwhile in California, I can order weed delivery using my phone

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I knew a guy to in Chch who could do that. He sent a cryptic txt to a number and a bit later a dodgy looking dude turned up.

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Varkk posted:

I knew a guy to in Chch who could do that. He sent a cryptic txt to a number and a bit later a dodgy looking dude turned up.

Similar experience, but legal and with an app

It's always a dodgy looking dude though, like some kind of law of nature

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Varkk posted:

The important thing is they are keeping weed harder to get than meth. Wait, what?

Meth is the only thing keeping half the truck drivers in the country going

weed is what *looks around* *raises eyebrow* undesirables.... take

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I knew a bike courier in Wellington, he was the fittest stoner I've ever met. Is there an UberWeed yet?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

bike tory posted:

I knew a bike courier in Wellington, he was the fittest stoner I've ever met. Is there an UberWeed yet?

That'd be illegal

so probably, it's basically uber's MO at this stage

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

That'd be illegal

so probably, it's basically uber's MO at this stage

It's only Uber's MO when they also start complaining at being prosecuted for selling to minors. "It's not our job to ensure they're the right age, we're just middlemen!"

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

:siren:Breaking news:siren:
John Key in sand trap while playing golf with Obama.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I wish it were a bear trap.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12017200

Can you think of any punishment worse than being forced to spend a year with a child so annoying you just HAD to try and kill it? Jeez I feel bad for the guy, he sounds like he's got a real chance of getting a job at some point which as we all know means you get away with attempted murder.

multiple attempts at murder if you believe his missus

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

quote:

On one occasion he hit her so hard with a game console that she could not open her eye.
Goon identified.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/davidclarknz/status/976603249942786049?s=21

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Sassy a f

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/pmigone/status/976877919631966209

lmao

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
To be fair, what's there to post about?

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

We should make him a citizen while he is here

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'd be cool with that, Barack's my kind of people.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

WarpedNaba posted:

I'd be cool with that, Barack's my kind of people.

He drones a lot?

:wink:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

drat son, that was a good one.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Defended? Why did it need to be defended and by who? I wasn't aware there was an outcry against a retiree visiting NZ to play golf with his buddy and make a speech at a private dinner.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Defended? Why did it need to be defended and by who? I wasn't aware there was an outcry against a retiree visiting NZ to play golf with his buddy and make a speech at a private dinner.

Air NZ (a majority state owned company) spent a huge amount of money getting Obama here. Supposedly it was going to be good advertising. I think they got a photo of him playing golf in some scenic location out of it.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

He can still tweet about it. Also wasn’t a good look for Air NZ to pay for the board chair’s golf buddy to come over for a few rounds. The same week they cut a bunch of regional services.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Shocked that Barack Obama fell short of expectations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Complaints about Obama look a little silly considering the current president

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

bike tory posted:

Air NZ (a majority state owned company) spent a huge amount of money getting Obama here. Supposedly it was going to be good advertising. I think they got a photo of him playing golf in some scenic location out of it.

I always assumed that was going to be part of some future campaign, so of course we're not going to see any results of it until it ran. I also wouldn't underestimate the selling power of "come play the same beautiful courses that were good enough for Obama to play on" to certain markets.

On cutting regional routes, Shane Jones is proving as blustery as ever. Acting in the best interests of the company/shareholders by cutting unprofitable regional routes to improve the financial return of the company is exactly how a company is legally required to operate. If Jones wants to change AirNZ's ownership model and have it follow some kind of public service charter, then that's a discussion I'm more than happy to see, but he's not really making that argument. Also Kapiti residents pissing about driving an hour to a real airport with vastly cheaper fares and wider destinations is hilarious to me, living in a city where it can take an hour to get to the airport on any regular day.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

BuckyDoneGun posted:

I always assumed that was going to be part of some future campaign, so of course we're not going to see any results of it until it ran. I also wouldn't underestimate the selling power of "come play the same beautiful courses that were good enough for Obama to play on" to certain markets.

On cutting regional routes, Shane Jones is proving as blustery as ever. Acting in the best interests of the company/shareholders by cutting unprofitable regional routes to improve the financial return of the company is exactly how a company is legally required to operate. If Jones wants to change AirNZ's ownership model and have it follow some kind of public service charter, then that's a discussion I'm more than happy to see, but he's not really making that argument. Also Kapiti residents pissing about driving an hour to a real airport with vastly cheaper fares and wider destinations is hilarious to me, living in a city where it can take an hour to get to the airport on any regular day.

The routes aren't unprofitable, smaller carriers have picked up the routes and are doing fine. I just don't think they were profitable ENOUGH. Kapiti maybe not, but Taupo residents have a pretty valid reason to be pissed at a supposed national airline not covering them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bike tory posted:

The routes aren't unprofitable, smaller carriers have picked up the routes and are doing fine. I just don't think they were profitable ENOUGH. Kapiti maybe not, but Taupo residents have a pretty valid reason to be pissed at a supposed national airline not covering them.

Air NZ told my folks "you better get driving then" when they failed to tell them their connecting flight from Taupo to Auckland had been cancelled (3 hours before they showed up for it, so they knew before my folks even got there)

• Locked thread