Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
The Plano link just led me into the fact that tackle bags are a thing. I wouldn't have even thought to look at it - not exactly the outdoorsman type, me.

I pulled the trigger on a Flambeau bag that has plastic box trays similar to Plano's, but the Ebay seller said they were around 1.5" tall. That's enough for a TIE and it'll be perfect to my needs. I'll have to find some 3D printed hardcases for the IGs but for now, this should be perfect for my needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Right, yes that. VI does look better then.

Jake is in a major quandary at the moment.

He wants to get Prockets or Cruise or Harpoons off. So he wants to be able to get focus and TL in the same round.

He wants to be PS9.

He wants to use Intensity because it's basically custom-written for him.

He cannot do all three.

He is a sad panda.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
A-Wings should have an ability to boost or barrel roll when they activate in the combat phase, that’s one way I can think to make them more viable.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ringo Star Get posted:

A-Wings should have an ability to boost or barrel roll when they activate in the combat phase, that’s one way I can think to make them more viable.

Their speed and maneuverability is not the problem. Their anemic offense is.

Just make Chaardan Refit give +1 attack dice. Done.

I've tested this fairly extensively. It makes them worth playing.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Did you test 6 prototypes, 5 of them with Autothrusters? Because that's actually insane and way ahead of the power curve. 5 Xwing will be strong enough as it is.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

Did you test 6 prototypes, 5 of them with Autothrusters? Because that's actually insane and way ahead of the power curve. 5 Xwing will be strong enough as it is.

I did test 5 greens with Snap/Crack/Thrusters and it was fine. Didn't try 6.

I'll test it out and see how it goes. I expect 6 is worse than 5 greens (or similar variants), especially given how easy it is to PS kill 1-2 on the first pass. PS1 is a rough place to be for low-health ships. It's not like 6x baby Z95s with Harpoons/chips is tearing up the meta, and that's a lot more dice with better modifications.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
5 3-ATK greens with thrusters PTL & trickshot :chanpop:

Not okay.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Note: "I had fun playing it" =/= "this is balanced".

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
A guy won a regional in Sweden 6 months ago with 5x Alpha Squadron TIE Interceptors with Autothrusters. That's trading a target lock action and 2 shields for +1 hull, +1 attack and barrel roll at a 2 point premium.
Not like interceptors are very well costed these days anyway, but 2 dice attacks are just trash these days.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If there ever was a ship that could use the Reload action it’s A-wings. Increasing their primary attack is such a boring fix.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
^^^^^ yep that's my preferred fix. A title that gives them reload, an extra missile slot and only let them equip missiles that cost 3 or less points. It gives them various roles: unguided for consistency, prockets for hit and run, cruise for long range sniping, and cruise and prockets at a hefty premium just because some people like rolling 5 dice at all ranges.

canyoneer posted:

A guy won a regional in Sweden 6 months ago with 5x Alpha Squadron TIE Interceptors with Autothrusters. That's trading a target lock action and 2 shields for +1 hull, +1 attack and barrel roll at a 2 point premium.
Not like interceptors are very well costed these days anyway, but 2 dice attacks are just trash these days.

I know A wings need a buff, and Unguided Rockets should've been it, but just straight up giving an extra dice is huge.

Compare to the Alpha example, for the same points you'd have: one extra HP, shields, slightly better dial, PS3 (lesser predator effect), an extra Action per turn!!!, and an extra attack dice when you're obstructed. Your only downside is lack of broll.

This would win one regional and be everywhere.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 22, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Also if you want to run A wings try this squad that made the final in Tasmania regional. Two dice attacks can actually wreck on Juke Awings.

TIE Fighter: •Captain Rex (14)

A-Wing: Green Squadron Pilot (21)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Snap shot (2)
Juke (2)
Chardaan Refit (-2)

A-Wing: Green Squadron Pilot (21)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Snap shot (2)
Juke (2)
Chardaan Refit (-2)

Y-Wing: Gold Squadron Pilot (23)
BTL-A4 Y-wing (0)
Dorsal Turret (3)
•R3-A2 (2)

Sheathipede-class Shuttle: •AP-5 (21)
•Phantom II (0)
Weapons Engineer (3)
•M9-G8 (3)

Total: 100/100

You can swap the Ywing for stress snap Ezra with tactician if you have two sheathipedes, it stresses the same as a dorsal Y, with better survivability, though less offense, but can coordinate focus to an Awing. AP will be usually coordinating an evade to Rex, so he's always focus evade.

Finally, giving Awings +1 attack basically kills X-wings stone dead, even with incoming buff.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

3/3/2/2 needs to cost more than that.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

3/3/2/2 needs to cost more than that.

Look I've crunched the numbers and it works. A PS2 Z-95 is 2/2/2/2 and 12 points

12 points
+ 1 red
+ 1 green
+ 1 boost
+ 1 evade
- 1 PS
=
15 points.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

lol

Anyway, who's going to Yavin-that's-not-Yavin tomorrow?

I'm intending to reg tonight, I'll be wearing my meeple squadron tee, give me a shout.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
If anyone is at NSW regional look me up. I'll be in a grey/orange Bathurst Phoenix squad shirt with a Nike ball cap

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I’m gonna bomb out of system open at adepticon and go harass the guys at the legion booth til they give me an alt art standing orders card to go away. It’ll be great. Gray zip up hoodie and a ‘99 Milwaukee Brewers cap if you wanna be goony about it and ask if I have stairs in my house or whatever.

E: I forgot the hat

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 23, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hoiyes posted:

Look I've crunched the numbers and it works. A PS2 Z-95 is 2/2/2/2 and 12 points

12 points
+ 1 red
+ 1 green
+ 1 boost
+ 1 evade
- 1 PS
=
15 points.

That's literally how star trek attack wing did it lol

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Thanks god dials and actions are not a thing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Lol at the torpedo mod

(Cause Tie fighters don't have target locks and also 4points)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Lol at the torpedo mod

(Cause Tie fighters don't have target locks and also 4points)

This is a very well thought out homebrew.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I killed two ships with a single Harpooned! Condition. They were my own ships.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

This is a very well thought out homebrew.

Gonna be hard to coordinate rerolling every single blank die in existence every round.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Devlan Mud posted:

I killed two ships with a single Harpooned! Condition. They were my own ships.

I did 4 points of damage to my own Rebel Nym with a Bomblet (rolled hit and crit, crit is a major explosion, rolled a hit for that, which gave me a 2 double damage). I felt like I had unlocked an achievement or something.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I thought if you rolled a critical on a bomblet it counted as a regular damage

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

I thought if you rolled a critical on a bomblet it counted as a regular damage

You're thinking of Cluster Mines.
Bomblet reads "rolls 2 attack dice and suffers all hit and critical damage rolled" and Cluster Mines read "rolls 2 attack dice and suffers 1 damage for each hit and crit rolled"

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

canyoneer posted:

You're thinking of Cluster Mines.
Bomblet reads "rolls 2 attack dice and suffers all hit and critical damage rolled" and Cluster Mines read "rolls 2 attack dice and suffers 1 damage for each hit and crit rolled"

For some reason, this is one of the most commonly confused rules. Literally every person I fly against when using Bomblets I need to remind.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I got housed by Dengar in the first round, and lost to Brobots in the second. I am not very good at this game.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Funzo posted:

I got housed by Dengar in the first round, and lost to Brobots in the second. I am not very good at this game.

Blast from the past right here.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
NSW Regional trip report

Faced top guns most of the day went 4-2 missed top 16 by 30 ish points. Basically if I had kept Nym or Torani alive in just one game would have had it. Still happy, I flew the gently caress out of my list. Had one game where Nym was the only one left alive vs Miranda, Lowie and stress Ezra and I pulled off the Nym Masterclass.

Only hard regret was against an Imp list. Last turn Nym vs Inquisitor/Ryad. Ryad was out of range running away but inquisitor (1 hull) had to do a hard 1 to avoid the edge. He boosted in to cause the bump. I had a choose to either traj sim or genius a bomb on my soft 2. I was 99% sure I would bump so I launched the bomb. My 2 cleared him by a millimetre and the ts bomb was a hair out of range.

It's gonna haunt me for a long time, but looking back I can only pick out 2 mistakes I made the whole day.

Did get to murder a palp list though for my final game. Felt reeeeeeaaalll good.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah I saw your last match up on tabletop.to, and laughed at the poor whisper. 4/2 is my wall since forever, always gently caress up that last game.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Yeah I saw your last match up on tabletop.to, and laughed at the poor whisper. 4/2 is my wall since forever, always gently caress up that last game.

James trounced me at a store champs last year when I was flying BBZZY. He soloed 4/5 ships with whisper. This time I watched for whisper to set up a dive is and just hard turned my whole list and and popped him. He still fought like hell. Getting Nym knocked me out and me winning knocked him out.

PS 10 may have helped a wee bit.

Going to the side event on the slim chance someone bails from the top 16.

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

Have a casual tournament coming up tomorrow. I want to fly something enjoyable.

I know I want to fly Norra/Wedge but I'm torn on what else to pair with it.

X-Wing: •Wedge Antilles (31)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)

ARC-170: •Norra Wexley (40)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Push the Limit (3)
Tactician (2)
•R2-D2 (4)

Total: 71/100

Usually along side this I'll either fly Ion Dutch or AP-5 and Rex. I haven't been able to determine which I find more effective.

Thoughts on what to pair with it/alterations to it?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

hoiyes posted:

12 points
+ 1 red
+ 1 green
+ 1 boost
+ 1 evade
- 1 PS
=
15 points.

When you go from a PS1 TIE Fighter to a PS1 TIE Interceptor, you add a red die and the boost action, and you make the 3 hard turns and 3/4 straight moves green. And you add SIX points. Like hell is a PS1 A-wing reasonable with three red at 15.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hahaha what a poo poo show the adepticon final was. Both had Miranda, Low, Ezra. Ended up as Miranda vs Miranda in endgame with noone making progress for like 40min, they wanted to just final salvo but the ffg OP people said no so they both left the table and went to talk on stream for a while then came back and played loopin chewy on stream after flying their ships out of the way.

Finally final Salvoed at time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cobaltshift posted:

Have a casual tournament coming up tomorrow. I want to fly something enjoyable.

I know I want to fly Norra/Wedge but I'm torn on what else to pair with it.

X-Wing: •Wedge Antilles (31)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)

ARC-170: •Norra Wexley (40)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Push the Limit (3)
Tactician (2)
•R2-D2 (4)

Total: 71/100

Usually along side this I'll either fly Ion Dutch or AP-5 and Rex. I haven't been able to determine which I find more effective.

Thoughts on what to pair with it/alterations to it?

Not sure what your definition of enjoyable is; I had this laying around in my squadron builder.

Sheathipede-class Shuttle: •Fenn Rau (26)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hotshot Co-pilot (4)

X-Wing: •Wedge Antilles (34)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Expertise (4)

ARC-170: •Norra Wexley (38)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Push the Limit (3)
•Kyle Katarn (3)

Total: 98/100

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 25, 2018

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

Hahaha what a poo poo show the adepticon final was. Both had Miranda, Low, Ezra. Ended up as Miranda vs Miranda in endgame with noone making progress for like 40min, they wanted to just final salvo but the ffg OP people said no so they both left the table and went to talk on stream for a while then came back and played loopin chewy on stream after flying their ships out of the way.

Finally final Salvoed at time.

As far as I could tell every single list that made the cut to the second day was some combination of Fenn, Miranda, Wookie, Lothal, and Nym. Great meta, this.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
It's not all garbage, the NSW regional had 88 players and two Scum and two Imps made the cut.

Dash Poe and Imp aces final table.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

It's not all garbage, the NSW regional had 88 players and two Scum and two Imps made the cut.

Dash Poe and Imp aces final table.

Was a good tournament with a pretty drat wide variety of lists.

They did trolled Adepticon after the final finished and put looping chewie on the table and played it while the 2 finalists were being interviewed.

Regen is what's wrong with X-Wing. Final game Poe regened 12 times

Raged fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

12 times, that is ridiculous. A T-70 with as much effective health as a Ghost.

• Locked thread