Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Retro Futurist posted:

That makes sense to me. Pre-Ragnarok I wouldn't be surprised at all if they wanted to kill Thor off, but after that I'm sure everyone involved could do another movie or two easily

He pairs well with Hulk, too. I know Marvel can’t make Hulk solo movies because of that distribution deal, but I would watch a trilogy of Thor+Hulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He pairs well with Hulk, too. I know Marvel can’t make Hulk solo movies because of that distribution deal, but I would watch a trilogy of Thor+Hulk.

I know one of the concepts Feige had mentioned for Phase 4 would be more smaller scale team up movies, and I'd call Ragnarok a pretty successful test

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Nodosaur posted:

Nebula needs to be the one to kill Thanos. Of all the characters she's the one he's hurt most personally, both literally and psychologically.

This argument probably works better for Gamora. Nebula's rage against Thanos, while shown to be fitting, has also been coded to be self-destructive in the past.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Fangz posted:

This argument probably works better for Gamora. Nebula's rage against Thanos, while shown to be fitting, has also been coded to be self-destructive in the past.

Shouldn't Drax get the kill and then become the Zen Master he is in the comics?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently, Venom might not be in Venom very much.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Well, I mean like Nebula and Drax's character development goals have both been 'be more open and less singlemindedly fixated on vengeance', whereas Gamora's has been 'be more cognizant of other people's pain - especially that of her sister'. A point that the trailer seems to underline.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Black Panther 2 : Thor is in this one

I mean they could always recast Jane with someone who wants to be there (and also have a director who will actually do something with her beyond being bewildered and mopey).

Also, god drat this was a stupid take
https://www.cbr.com/ready-player-one-not-black-panther-for-nerds/

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
I've come to terms with Cap or Tony dying. It's pretty much just a coin toss at this point. I'm actually a fan of Vision and Scarlet Witch. Which is amazing considering they've had about 3 and half minutes of screen time combined. But everyone knows Visions hosed as well.

I'm more worried about them killing off people I like that I'm not prepared for. Bucky probably has good odds of getting shanked, since his arc is pretty much over. Which is a shame, since, going back to the discussion earlier, I really don't care if Bucky or Sam take the shield as long as their both in the same film. Their chemistry is loving amazing as two guys who hate each other but have to hang out because of a mutual friend.

Speaking of which, I have a bad feeling about Falcon as well.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Bucky has an entirely new arc as of Black Panther's stinger.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The trailer certainly suggested that

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

twistedmentat posted:

Black Panther 2 : Thor is in this one

If phase four is team-up movies, the MCU hero I'd like to see with Panther the most is Spider-Man, I think. Now there's a good role model for Peter, complete with a cute little sister around Peter's age who's probably smarter than he is.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Samuringa posted:

Bucky has an entirely new arc as of Black Panther's stinger.

Eh...I don’t buy that. It seemed more like it was setting up the end phase of his arc. Like, he was a hero in Captain America, he became a villain in Winter Soldier, and he’s brought back into the fold in Civil War, but he’s not yet actually redeemed. Black Panther’s stinger shows us that he’s primed for heroic redemption, but he’s not there yet. It’s not hugely out there to guess his redemption might involve the ultimate sacrifice.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Have him take a blast meant for Tony to rub it in his face

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Kill off Cap and Tony. Have the next Cap movie be him breaking out of heaven to get Tony out of hell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flip it around, turns out god is just an AI.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Phylodox posted:

Eh...I don’t buy that. It seemed more like it was setting up the end phase of his arc. Like, he was a hero in Captain America, he became a villain in Winter Soldier, and he’s brought back into the fold in Civil War, but he’s not yet actually redeemed. Black Panther’s stinger shows us that he’s primed for heroic redemption, but he’s not there yet. It’s not hugely out there to guess his redemption might involve the ultimate sacrifice.

Sebastian Stan's contract was the longest of any of the MCU stars IIRC.

Also, they released a surprise trailer for the Hawkeye standalone movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl36AIWs8lw

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AngryBooch posted:

Sebastian Stan's contract was the longest of any of the MCU stars IIRC.

That just means they have the option. Technically Hugo Weaving is still on the hook for an undisclosed number of films, but that doesn't mean he'll be coming back any time soon, either.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Im telling ya, after avengers 4 we get

The Winter Soldier: Captain America

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

zoux posted:

Hemsworth himself was a big driver for the changes to the character. He's a surprisingly good comedic actor.

Ragnarok is exactly what Thor needed in the movies. It is so much better than the other two movies

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Jamesman posted:

Let's just forget about Jane and go with Darcy Darryl.

Fixed that for you.

Phylodox posted:

I'd rather they not go the ultimate sacrifice route because the movies put so much effort into building up Bucky being saved and then cured of his brainwashing, that him dying anyway kind of undermines all of that.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

amigolupus posted:

I'd rather they not go the ultimate sacrifice route because the movies put so much effort into building up Bucky being saved and then cured of his brainwashing, that him dying anyway kind of undermines all of that.

I don't know, I think Bucky sacrificing himself to (presumably) save others of his own free will is more than a bit poetic, given his sins involve killing so many people while being controlled.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The end of Avengers 4 reveals that everything post Avengers was just Tony hallucinating after he went through the portal with the nuke and then he dies, Phase 4 is all brand new stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

The end of Avengers 4 reveals that everything post Avengers was just Tony hallucinating after he went through the portal with the nuke and then he dies, Phase 4 is all brand new stuff.

Occurence at Gjallerbru Bridge

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cythereal posted:

If phase four is team-up movies, the MCU hero I'd like to see with Panther the most is Spider-Man, I think. Now there's a good role model for Peter, complete with a cute little sister around Peter's age who's probably smarter than he is.

I was making a joke, but yea, Peter and BP teaming up makes a lot of sense. Thor hanging out with the Guardians though would be perfect. Especially if they add Angela and have him go "how many secret sisters do I have?".

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Thor is already hanging with the Guardians

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Samuringa posted:

Thor is already hanging with the Guardians

Yea but not in their movie.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Spider-Man with the Guardians would be pretty great. Quill left Earth long before Parker was even born.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Open Marriage Night posted:

Spider-Man with the Guardians would be pretty great. Quill left Earth long before Parker was even born.
Now I kind of want a scene with Cap and the two Peters where nobody can understand each other's cultural references.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lord Hydronium posted:

Now I kind of want a scene with Cap and the two Peters where nobody can understand each other's cultural references.

Also Drax who doesn't get any of it and thinks they're all dumb.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I just want a scene where Drax, on Earth, sees a street musician play a saxophone, and has an awakening.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lord Hydronium posted:

dang now i want this too

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I hope the Infinity War DVDs are full of deleted scenes where they just let the characters play off each other. There's so many combinations of characters, we could go on forever. You know Rocket would need Bucky's arm for something, or the Hulk somehow understanding Groot, and they have a deep conversation.

Antman and Starlord in the same room would be pretty great.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 24, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Open Marriage Night posted:

I hope the Infinity War DVDs are full of deleted scenes where they just let the characters play off each other. There's so many combinations of characters, we could go on forever. You know Rocket would need Bucky's arm for something, or the Hulk somehow understanding Groot, and they have a deep conversation.

Antman and Starlord in the same room would be pretty great.

Antman & Wasp/GotG crossover movie that's basically Ocean's 11 but in space.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Starlord probably knows who Captain America is, now that I think about it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Starlord probably knows who Captain America is, now that I think about it.

He'd probably have read about him in school, yeah.

The school's touches on the MCU were some of my favorite world-building moments in Homecoming. The movie never calls attention to it, but at one point you can see a wall mural with famous scientists on it and in addition to the real life scientists you'll also notice Bruce Banner and the German scientist guy who made Cap.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Cythereal posted:

The school's touches on the MCU were some of my favorite world-building moments in Homecoming. The movie never calls attention to it, but at one point you can see a wall mural with famous scientists on it and in addition to the real life scientists you'll also notice Bruce Banner and the German scientist guy who made Cap.

"I'm pretty sure that guy's a war criminal now..."

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Cythereal posted:

I think Howard Stark was on that mural as well.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Jamesman posted:

I just want a scene where Drax, on Earth, sees a street musician play a saxophone, and has an awakening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6w56epBdc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cythereal posted:

Semi-related but I appreciated the kid having a cap doll in JJ s2, doubly so if it takes place after civil war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/hiddlescavill/status/977376036261253120

• Locked thread