Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Luke's special debuffs if it does not crit. I'm stuck in the same place and one omega from adding that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

WerrWaaa posted:

Well ya'll today I got R2 to 7-stars and unlocked CLS. Now what?

You did it! You won the game! Congrats man :thumbsup:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

WerrWaaa posted:

Well ya'll today I got R2 to 7-stars and unlocked CLS. Now what?

7* Hermit Yoda and Wampa.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Eddain posted:

7* Hermit Yoda and Wampa.

You can’t even farm these what the gently caress

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Burning_Monk posted:

I can't beat Tier 3 of Luke's Journey. STHan and FBLuke just don't seem to cut it even after I raised their gear and mods up. Guess I need to Omega couple of Lukes abilities.

I stacked as much protection onto Han as possible and got Luke's speed way up. Got Han's taunt and it was basically over.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Is there a resource that can look at my mods and poo poo and tell me the best way to rearrange them? I think I’ve run into the problem where I’ve got nearly everyone at 7* and at all sorts of gear levels and I haven’t really focused a core group. I’m sitting on 2.2 mil gp and I feel like I way underperform.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Doji Sekushi posted:

Is there a resource that can look at my mods and poo poo and tell me the best way to rearrange them? I think I’ve run into the problem where I’ve got nearly everyone at 7* and at all sorts of gear levels and I haven’t really focused a core group. I’m sitting on 2.2 mil gp and I feel like I way underperform.

I’ve noticed from the handful of resources I’ve looked at (the subreddit, the swgoh forums, whatever) that most toons have one specific mod loadout that makes them the most effective at their role. Maybe it’s a different thing for legendary/event dudes like Palp and CLS that see both raid and arena usage, but it’s hard to go wrong with following just one guide. Or, failing that, just slap +speed on everyone.

But no, I don’t know if any site that looks at the mods you have and tells you straight up where to assign them.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Doji Sekushi posted:

You can use crouching rancor as a general guide for what to put where but i'd suggest polling discord. A lot of us dont necessarily agree with the crouching rancor. Beyond that, swgoh.gg mod manager is a fantastic resource for what you have where.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

thrawn527 posted:

You shouldn't. They want to make the most wanted characters require the most time or money so you want to spend money on getting them.

Who would panic farm for Gammorean Guard? Unless they overpowered him, at which point you'd be left wondering why the main characters suck so bad compared to the obscure characters.

Welcome to the first 6 months of the game, when some the best toons were FOTP, Geo Soldier and Daka, fan favorites like Boba, Vader, Anakin and Maul were terrible, and Yoda, Palp, rHan and CLS didn't exist

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Boba Fett being bad is just being accurate to the films.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Defiance Industries posted:

Boba Fett being bad is just being accurate to the films.

Catching the Falcon in the junk pile in Empire was pretty cool. He was lame in ROTJ though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

You shouldn't. They want to make the most wanted characters require the most time or money so you want to spend money on getting them.

Who would panic farm for Gammorean Guard? Unless they overpowered him, at which point you'd be left wondering why the main characters suck so bad compared to the obscure characters.

Eh, I'd think make JTR easy to get, but make UMKR hard. But I guess you're right people will shell out more for the major characters.

I'm just salty I haven't been able to progress in any of the missions in about a year. Even with all the work I've done I'm still in the same place, even borrowing peoples gold GK and CLS or Thrawn. loving Old Daka, somehow even focusing on her she still managed to wreck my team.

The only real progression I've gotten is being able to complete the training droid heist at 3 star, and credit heist at 2star at their highest level.

By far the biggest pain in the rear end is getting GL high enough to matter. I can normally get 7 and 8 for most, but anything past that its need 3 different 20 things, and you'll get one in ever 40 tries.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Eh, I'd think make JTR easy to get, but make UMKR hard. But I guess you're right people will shell out more for the major characters.

I'm just salty I haven't been able to progress in any of the missions in about a year. Even with all the work I've done I'm still in the same place, even borrowing peoples gold GK and CLS or Thrawn. loving Old Daka, somehow even focusing on her she still managed to wreck my team.

The only real progression I've gotten is being able to complete the training droid heist at 3 star, and credit heist at 2star at their highest level.

By far the biggest pain in the rear end is getting GL high enough to matter. I can normally get 7 and 8 for most, but anything past that its need 3 different 20 things, and you'll get one in ever 40 tries.

Without ads, they only way this game makes money is to eventually bilk you for progression bux.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

You can use crouching rancor as a general guide for what to put where but i'd suggest polling discord. A lot of us dont necessarily agree with the crouching rancor. Beyond that, swgoh.gg mod manager is a fantastic resource for what you have where.

crouching rancor mod manager is unbroken now. It pulls from your ally code.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

So i asked a little while back what to get for my next zeta and was told rHan. I didn't get around to doing it (because honestly thats a boring zeta since it just gives you a bit more rHan instead of a gameplay change) and shortly afterwards they released the Vader and Palpie zetas as well as all the new sith stuff.

Im coming up on having 3 zetas now and its time to start using them. I find a lot of the dark side characters quite interesting and wouldn't mind using zetas here to get a strong dark side team. I am also getting top 5 in fleet every day and have been considering zetaing some pilots since i am already funneling almost all my resources into my pilots. This would mostly be to get stronger ships though, as those zetas aren't very useful elsewhere (?) (E.g. Boba Fett zeta)

My options:
Put more zetas on my crappy barely top 200 arena team: zCLS, zR2, Leia, rHan, Thrawn
Put zetas on a dark side team, i already have G11 Vader, Palpie, TFP, Thrawn, GMT, G10 Shoretrooper, G9 DTrooper, (and am starting to farm Veers soon)
Put zetas on my pilots (vader, boba fett, FOTP)
I would like to score better at HAAT, since i can barely scratch that raid atm and QGJ only have a few players kill most of the raid, its about time i pull my weight here. I have all the characters required for that super duper meta team (cls, ackbar, assaj, thrawn, bb8?)

Honestly have no idea what to do, there are too many good options.

Bit late, but 100% recommend EzPz. You'll add a bit of damage to the raid, but nothing monumental. However, that could boost you by 100 ranks in arena. It's incredibly good.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

yo heaps of sheeps, if you still want in QGJ get in discord and @ me (treboucher) otherwise i’m gonna move down the waitlist

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

im cute posted:

Without ads, they only way this game makes money is to eventually bilk you for progression bux.

That's true.

And despite all my whining about not being able to progress at all in this game, I did finally manage to 3* the find credit heist. All it took was swapping Cade Bane with IG-88.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Trebuchet King posted:

yo heaps of sheeps, if you still want in QGJ get in discord and @ me (treboucher) otherwise i’m gonna move down the waitlist

I'm already in but thank you!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

wait who are you in discord? gotta update the waitlist

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
DN was one of those characters that I never much cared for in the old Bioware games. He never said much. There wasn't much to him, at least in my opinion. So, I never really bothered to farm him in GOH until very recently. But holy poo poo is he powerful, especially for long stuff like places of power. With Palpie's new Zeta lead and DN, that has become a joke.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DN is misdirection in KotOR2. There's not much to him because he's a literal hungering maw and he isn't actually the antagonist.

He's a good fight boy though

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Doing these (for now, impossible) assault event against Jedi as a Sith squad and, drat some of them have powerful gimmicks

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

MoraleHazard posted:

DN was one of those characters that I never much cared for in the old Bioware games. He never said much. There wasn't much to him, at least in my opinion. So, I never really bothered to farm him in GOH until very recently. But holy poo poo is he powerful, especially for long stuff like places of power. With Palpie's new Zeta lead and DN, that has become a joke.

I've never played the Bioware game but DN is probably my favorite character design in Star Wars.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

For my money, KOTOR 2 had one of the best and most memorable opening sequences of any game I've played. I like that the are adding content from the KOTOR games in SWGOH, but having Kreia/Traya as an apex character in the game kinda bugs me. Revan is the only one from games who rates that status IMO. Traya was like having The Architect from the Matrix yap at you through the whole journey.

On a separate KOTOR note, having the Ebon Hawk in fleets would be pretty killer.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

Expired Vitamin posted:

Catching the Falcon in the junk pile in Empire was pretty cool. He was lame in ROTJ though.

*slides open coffin lid*

Boba Fett was killed off because George Lucas couldn't make money on toy sales do to a terrible contract fluke and stopped at 3 films. Only when the contract lapsed and he could get more money did the plans for the prequels begin. Boba Fett lived a full and awesome life in the EU where he had a failed marriage and a terrible daughter.

There are many who still enjoy this character and hope to see him fleshed out in a buddy cop Vader/fett slaughter film that is rated R. Or maybe that's just me.

*slides coffin lid back over*

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Expired Vitamin posted:

For my money, KOTOR 2 had one of the best and most memorable opening sequences of any game I've played. I like that the are adding content from the KOTOR games in SWGOH, but having Kreia/Traya as an apex character in the game kinda bugs me. Revan is the only one from games who rates that status IMO. Traya was like having The Architect from the Matrix yap at you through the whole journey.

On a separate KOTOR note, having the Ebon Hawk in fleets would be pretty killer.

Revan isn't a character, it's just a BioWare power fantasy.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I’ve loved Darth Nihilus for a while, but I think part of it was those old Ask a Jedi/Sith threads here, where people answered questions about Star Wars as characters. And whoever answered as DN went all mindless/stupid monster. It was like, “How does the Dark Side use the same Force as the Light Side?” DN: “QUESTION STUPID. NIHILUS IS HUNGRY.” Palpatine: “Oh god, now you’ve got him going.”

Those threads were great. I wonder if they’re archived somewhere.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Aadoniel posted:

*slides open coffin lid*

Boba Fett was killed off because George Lucas couldn't make money on toy sales do to a terrible contract fluke and stopped at 3 films. Only when the contract lapsed and he could get more money did the plans for the prequels begin. Boba Fett lived a full and awesome life in the EU where he had a failed marriage and a terrible daughter.

There are many who still enjoy this character and hope to see him fleshed out in a buddy cop Vader/fett slaughter film that is rated R. Or maybe that's just me.

A Boba Fett anthology movie would be fun; unless it sucks like so many SW movies.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

He got some fleshing out before and after the events of KOTOR. I'd also say he is easily the most iconic part of sector of the franchise. So far CG seems to favor the Obsidion scripted side of the story more than Bioware though.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
What are the best (used loosely) Jedi, Ewok, and Droid squads? I want to be the favorite guy in arena who looses every day but actually has fun.

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 25, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aadoniel posted:

*slides open coffin lid*

god drat, is that the real reason he stopped doing star wars movies for 15 years?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

What are the best (used loosely) Jedi, Ewok, and Droid squads? I want to be the favorite guy in arena who looses every day but actually has fun.

QGJ, GK, Hermit Yoda, Ezra, Zariss

JTR, bb8, R2, Chopper, K2 or the classic HK/IG88/IG86/nebit/engi

Chirpa/Paploo/Logray/Wicket/EE

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Trebuchet King posted:

wait who are you in discord? gotta update the waitlist

I'm not in the discord so I'm not sure \/:shobon:\/

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

QGJ, GK, Hermit Yoda, Ezra, Zariss

JTR, bb8, R2, Chopper, K2 or the classic HK/IG88/IG86/nebit/engi

Chirpa/Paploo/Logray/Wicket/EE

JTR + 4 metal bois is legit and fun

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

UmOk posted:

I've never played the Bioware game but DN is probably my favorite character design in Star Wars.

Good thing KOTOR 2 was Obsidian then! :ssh:

Revan was better when you didn't know anything about her before KOTOR so everything that is ascribed to her gets taken with a grain of salt because everyone has conflicting stories about the great Jedi general of the Mandalorian Wars. She was turned into a power fantasy when they decided to hang the entire Old Republic era on her and write that stupid loving book. And make the MMO. Which on its own wasn't terrible, but knowing it was built on the back of making Revan said power fantasy rather than just someone who got in over her head and got punked was...

But enough of my pontificating about Star Wars lore in the stupid cash grab mobile game thread.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

Good thing KOTOR 2 was Obsidian then! :ssh:

Revan was better when you didn't know anything about her before KOTOR so everything that is ascribed to her gets taken with a grain of salt because everyone has conflicting stories about the great Jedi general of the Mandalorian Wars. She was turned into a power fantasy when they decided to hang the entire Old Republic era on her and write that stupid loving book. And make the MMO. Which on its own wasn't terrible, but knowing it was built on the back of making Revan said power fantasy rather than just someone who got in over her head and got punked was...

But enough of my pontificating about Star Wars lore in the stupid cash grab mobile game thread.

darth revan... is... a guy?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

darth revan... is... a guy?

:colbert:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

MoraleHazard posted:

A Boba Fett anthology movie would be fun; unless it sucks like so many SW movies.

I don't know how much story you could get out of "slowly digests in rancor stomach" though.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

the jedi exile is canonically female, revan is a dude.

then again we have space wizards and star exploding weapons, gender isnt real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

god drat, is that the real reason he stopped doing star wars movies for 15 years?

That’s the theory put forward by the docu-series The Toys That Made Us, but they was the first time I’d heard that conclusion. I mean, the timeline of events and contracts for when he started work on the prequels works out. But I’d always heard he wanted to stop after Empire because that movie almost broke him, and he just wanted to be done with the whole thing.