Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm betting the Bryan Hill spin off is going to be Outsiders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The Justice League stuff sounds pretty great.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm going to pick up Titans again, and I'm into those JL books

I'll give Glass' TT a shot at least

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Some of that stuff sounded cool, but some of it sounds like I'll probably have the same problem with it as I had with Metal which I dropped after a couple issues because I'm not a DC history expert and 90% of it was over my head.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
A lot of that stuff sounded cool, but the only kind of lame thing is that it's mostly just the same people who have been doing their books for years shuffled around to new projects. Do we really expect Adam Glass or Dan Abnett to revitalize the Titans brand?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Teenage Fansub posted:

-Justice League Odyssey from Josh Williamson

Cyborg, Starfire, Jessica Cruise, Azrael, Darkseid(on the team!)

Darksied working the Tali Vas Normandy cosplay

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I'm betting the Bryan Hill spin off is going to be Outsiders

I believe this is the project Tony Isabella was posting about. So it almost certainly has Black Lightning or is a solo BL book.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Justice League Dark looks just about perfect. Toss Blue Devil in and the team would be perfect.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ooh. I missed that that's Stjepan Sejic on JLO :swoon:
https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/status/977611025489977344
https://twitter.com/stjepansejic/status/977617349888094208
https://twitter.com/stjepansejic/status/977618360891531264
and Cyborg wear pants now, I guess?

edit: Just for hi-rez art, here's JT4's post too
https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/status/977610920909303808

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 24, 2018

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Space is cold, you need pants there.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
not feeling that Darkseid design but extremely feeling that Justice League Dark lineup

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New Titans is half new characters, which is pretty swell.
https://twitter.com/drinkpinkink/status/977635346765590528
https://twitter.com/drinkpinkink/status/977636999971524608
Looks like a bunch of fun, so hopefully Glass writing a young comic isn't exactly the same dude from N52 Suicide Squad.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 24, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Crush is girl Lobo?

Lobo's illegitimate kid maybe? Awesome.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I hope they all say "Hashtag" before announcing their names.

e: And correct everyone when they don't.

https://twitter.com/kierongillen/status/977642588948914181

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 24, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there another DC panel tomorrow?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's at least one for Mad tomorrow.

There are definitely other things to be announced. Though maybe if Tomasi is on Detective, they just don't want to take the focus off the Black Lightning arc right away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The major big huge thing I saw at the offices hasn't even been hinted at yet, I wonder if it will be in that MAD panel.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I haven't done a JL book since the bwah-ha-ha days but JL Odyssey's delightful cover and bugfuck weird team (Kori! Happy GL Lady! Er, Azrael? DARKSEID?!?!?) will have me Day One'ing this poo poo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

I haven't done a JL book since the bwah-ha-ha days

Did you try Justice League 3000?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I’m not the biggest fan of Tynion but his and Ming Doyle’s Constantine was excellent and one of the best runs on the haracter in a long time (which is admittedly damning with faint praise but still I liked it) so I’ll give JLD a chance.

Odyssey looks weird and cool but I seriously don’t care for Williamson.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

purple death ray posted:

but first let me make sure youve been consuming The Bat-Man long enough to post about Him

Come on now. I'm no gatekeeper. I literally prefaced my own with "~Bad Opinions be Here~" at the top.
I can be sincerely curious to origin of the differences without it being something insidious.

Sejic's art is painfully topshelf, but it takes true genius to made the Darkseid's hoodie outline an Omega symbol.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Galactus was on an Avengers team and it was amazing, so a Justice League with Darkseid seems doable.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
has thanos ever been on an avengers team

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

I don't think so, but he worked with a proto version of the modern Guardians of the Galaxy to stop the Annihilation Wave (then got stabbed in the heart by Drax the Destroyer).

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

Sort of, he was prominent in New Avengers with the Illuminati.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
There was the time that in his current series in one of those "find your bad self" mystical experiences a la Black Mercy every major supervillain is subjected to at one point, Thanos was leader of the Avengers and Earth's mightiest hero. He ends up slaughtering them all before the end of the issue of course

Teenage Fansub posted:

New Titans is half new characters, which is pretty swell.
https://twitter.com/drinkpinkink/status/977635346765590528

Damian has some great Jojo lips going on there

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

drat DC and Marvel have exciting Summer line ups now

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Benson sisters, formally of BoP, are the new ongoing Green Arrow writers from Annual #2 and #43. Javier Fernandez on art and covers by bloody Alex Maleev.
https://www.cbr.com/green-arrow-julie-shawna-benson-javier-fernandez/

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Benson sisters, formally of BoP, are the new ongoing Green Arrow writers from Annual #2 and #43. Javier Fernandez on art and covers by bloody Alex Maleev.
https://www.cbr.com/green-arrow-julie-shawna-benson-javier-fernandez/

Please don't kill off Red Arrow.

Also, if you liked the pro-leftist, literally "I am a SJW and proud, gently caress you con-pigs" nature of Green Arrow, how would these writers fair, based on their history?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I doubt they're killing Emiko anytime soon when she's going to be a main character in TT

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Covok posted:

if you liked the pro-leftist, literally "I am a SJW and proud, gently caress you con-pigs" nature of Green Arrow, how would these writers fair, based on their history?

They're big on Trump. Batgirl was in a MAGA hat for most of the series.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 25, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Teenage Fansub posted:

They're big on Trump. Batgirl was in a MAGA hat for most of the series.

Alright, I get it: it was a dumb question.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I feel like DC should just stop being allowed to use Darkseid. The Yuga Khan throwback is a horrible idea. I do not understand how Azrael keeps existing or getting included in anything, as well.

Not very interested in that Damian team and even less interested in Abnett continuing to write Titans, but this time getting some actual NTT characters before he rehashes Perez/Wolfman. Especially with 2 of the 3 characters I actually care about being excluded.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Did you try Justice League 3000?

Nah. I heard good things but I just didn't fancy the concept much, never been one for 2099/year 3000 version type things as a rule.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Base is a Braniac head spaceship "with flames on it"

I got real excited until I saw this wasn't Neal Adams. Not sure what to think, but as the only person who likes Azrael I'm intrigued. Darkseid's outfit is strange, has he worn something like it before?

Justice League Dark sounds interesting.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Base is a Braniac head spaceship "with flames on it"

The end.

When did Ronan the Accuser get red eyes lose his badass hammer, and port over to the DC universe?

Also lol copying Knowhere in the base being a celestial head. Someone REALLY liked DnA's Guardians. They just need a psychic Krypto to lead them. :v:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jiro posted:

They just need a psychic Krypto to lead them. :v:

Um, please?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

There was a sequence in the recent Thanos book where he's trapped in some sort of nightmare and his nightmare is he's on an Avengers team.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jiro posted:

Sort of, he was prominent in New Avengers with the Illuminati.

Yeah but he was on Namor's team of evil jackwagons. They weren't Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
It's not a nightmare, it's a faux-heaven that's supposed to tempt him into eternal slumber/imprisonment.

Speaking of Darkseid, I assumed he stops being a baby some time in Metal #6 but apparently him growing up was part of what looks like a downright wretched Wonder Woman arc. I guess Diana is just down with a team of Leaguers heading into space with the dude who just almost killed her dad and like most of her half-siblings