Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

AtomikKrab posted:

She's wearing black to her own funeral. So she gorged on the last of her fruit and is coming to kill everything she can before dying.

I'm sure she has a pretty specific plan to find an alternative to the fruit:

Phase 1: Steal Mammon's key
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Immortality

Bulletproof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Goth Grandma: coming soon to theaters near you.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Grandma's here to fulfill her animal ambition, doesn't mean to be curt but she's gotta to try to finish her massacre before she self destructs, she might die trying but if she pulls it off she'll be an immortal queen.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I love my angry goth grandma

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So odds are that Mottom never bothered to stop and let everyone off, I'm guessing. I wonder if there's thousands of very confused and terrified people huddling in her palace wondering what the gently caress is going on.

Oh, and it was tribute and gala day, so that includes many of the kings and rulers of her vassal worlds.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Tollymain posted:

it makes sense that she's coming for mammon first, too

I’m guessing this whole to do will put jagganoth on ally’s menu sooner than expected, one way or another

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

YggiDee posted:

I always love fights where the solution is to hurl an improbably large, immobile object at it. Palaces, aircraft carriers, space stations, you name it.

Well it's been implied that during the universal war, the stuff in this comic would've barely raised an eyebrow and just been a regular everyday occurrence. Like how throne used to have six satellite cities, and when the war kicked off they lasted about ten minutes because they were used to bash people's faces in. 

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 23, 2018

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MikeJF posted:

Well it's been implied that during the universal war, the stuff in this comic would've barely raised an eyebrow and just been a regular everyday occurrence. Like how throne used to have six satellite cities, and when the war kicked off they lasted about ten minutes because they were used to bash people's faces in.

Wait, where was all this stated?

It is very important that I read this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hmm, I may have imagined the 'immediate' part or maybe gotten it elsewhere, but here is where the cities are described.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
for an instant there i thought abbadon was suggesting that noted dead person Layla Brimstone was not in fact dead, but no she's still dead

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
some of the floating cities may have been stolen or broken into smaller and more mobile oppression municipalities rather than destroyed outright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupYIggOq38

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Mortal Engines really reminds me of King Gainer.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

The original books were super good honestly, and I am bracing for disappointment in the film version.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

reignonyourparade posted:

for an instant there i thought abbadon was suggesting that noted dead person Layla Brimstone was not in fact dead, but no she's still dead

What? When did she die? I never saw her get killed.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I can't wait for senile grandpa dragon horse dog to have a moment of lucidity and really gently caress up mottom's mobile oppression palace

We've seen the senile grandpa dragon horse dog, now I want to see a flash of the Grand Dragon

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Fhate posted:

What? When did she die? I never saw her get killed.

iirc she and... INGSVLD?? are shown dead/unconscious in the background in the little interlude with Maya after Mottom's palace goes to heck.

e: Oh I was apparently remembering INGSVLD and a couple other pursuers being shown conscious and alive.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 23, 2018

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

nope

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

thatbastardken posted:

some of the floating cities may have been stolen or broken into smaller and more mobile oppression municipalities rather than destroyed outright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupYIggOq38

Holy poo poo, I didn't know they were making this, my day has been fuckin' made.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Count Uvula posted:

iirc she and... INGSVLD?? are shown dead/unconscious in the background in the little interlude with Maya after Mottom's palace goes to heck.

e: Oh I was apparently remembering INGSVLD and a couple other pursuers being shown conscious and alive.

Yeah, there's that scene where Juggernaut Star rolls off and a few of the pursuers are shown standing around Maya, but the last time I remember seeing Layla Brimstone for sure was here.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-10-121/

Mottom... is looking good.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I don't think we've got to worry about survivors confusedly huddling in the palace.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That balcony does not look health-and-safety compliant.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Could be her in the lower right corner of the big panel here, just below the hairy guy. Presumably getting up from sliding she was doing in the previous page.

There is blood splatter underneath, but the bend in the arms and legs looks like someone getting up.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

but she is being a very rude guest

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Archenteron posted:

Secretary Demon #2: "What's next on your plan, my Queen?"
Mottom: "Crashing this demiplane... with no survivors!"

Surprisingly accurate...?

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
:stare: I didn't expect anyone in this comic to have a more bad-rear end ride than Juggernaut Star.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Happy Underpants posted:

:stare: I didn't expect anyone in this comic to have a more bad-rear end ride than Juggernaut Star.

It's a neat trick, but she can only do it once.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kai Tave posted:

It's a weird trick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyF5tbN8iXw

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Kai Tave posted:

Pfeh, that's only her summer fortress.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

City could probably do half a dozen more entries, still a lot of mass left on that thing.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013
Abaddon never tires of drawing clouds, I see.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXCh9OhDiCI

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
important information: http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/172201145575/is-mottom-whipping-her-city-to-make-it-go-faster

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Such is the power of royalty :eyepop:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope mottom spared her devil tailors, because i want to see what other looks she can pull out before the end

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

God I love this comic so much

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

ThaumPenguin posted:

You don't truly love something until you're friends and family start blocking/unsubscribing/disowning you for shilling it obsessively.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ThaumPenguin posted:

i want to thing that abandon just saw this and went like "you know what, this is loving awesome dude" and made it canonical on the spot because its awesome as gently caress.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

ElMaligno posted:

i want to thing that abandon just saw this and went like "you know what, this is loving awesome dude" and made it canonical on the spot because its awesome as gently caress.

such is the way of Royalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

You don't truly love something until you're friends and family start blocking/unsubscribing/disowning you for shilling it obsessively.

I truly love this comic.