Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Rent-A-Cop posted:

South Florida is full of assholes from New York.

I don't see how that contradicts what Wampa said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I was thinking of moving to Florida. Should I?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

lol

Do you have opinions on Andrew Gillum as a gubernatorial candidate?

I'm literally just hearing about this now, so not really. The Florida Dems are typically a shitshow, so I expect them to do their best to poo poo on any sort of progressive challenger, but who knows!

Let's take a little look at his issues page...

quote:

My plan calls for rebuilding our public schools, paying teachers a minimum starting salary of $50,000, investing in early childhood education programs, and investing in SHOP 2.0 and vocational training to help get workers the training they need for higher paying jobs.

Creating an economy that works for all Floridians, instead of just those at the top, should be an imperative. Florida has one of the highest levels of income inequality in the country with the top 1% receiving over 30 times more than the bottom 99%. This inequality hurts our economic growth and stifles opportunities for Floridians to join the middle class and achieve the American Dream. Nearly half of Florida households struggle to make ends meet.

:hai: seems pretty good to me.

punk rebel ecks posted:

NO.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Why not?

Everyone seems to be moving there.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

Well, I guess it kinda depends where you live now and if you have some uniquely good job offer waiting for you in Florida. If you were comparing Florida against "pretty much anywhere else" I have no idea why you'd choose it, though.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why not?

Real talk if you can live with heat and humidity, go for it, but housing prices are nuts down here unless you wanna live in the really lovely redneck parts and also there's tons of old people and they drive all lovely.

Plus we have Governor Voldemort but at least he's loving term limited.

On the plus side, we do have Publix. And Publix loving owns. :colbert:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Real talk if you can live with heat and humidity, go for it, but housing prices are nuts down here unless you wanna live in the really lovely redneck parts and also there's tons of old people and they drive all lovely.

I think I'll stick with Oregon.

Housing costs were my main worry here (and lack of diversity). But I guess it is true that housing costs are high for anywhere that isn't lovely to live.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Its only a matter of time at this point before climate change sinks Florida anyway.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

the sandwiches are good but their selection otherwise kinda blows

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

WampaLord posted:

Publix doesn't, like, carry ingredients for food.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the sandwiches are good but their selection otherwise kinda blows

Their bakery owns, their deli owns, their meat selection owns, and the rest of it is your standard grocery stuff. What's not to love?

Potato Salad posted:

Publix doesn't, like, carry ingredients for food.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/jennturner/status/977293164225720320?s=21

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why not?

South Florida prob wont exist in 50 years

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

Their bakery owns, their deli owns, their meat selection owns, and the rest of it is your standard grocery stuff. What's not to love?]

it's an upscale wawa that doesn't have gas pumps

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

South Florida prob wont exist in 50 years

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The smart move is buying up all that ocean front property in pine bluff. Get your Lex on

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
bill hicks was right about arizona bay, he just didn't know by which method

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Chicago is nice this time of year

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Would Greenland actually be green in this map?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

One moment, I believe the answer to this is *examines plethora of doomsday charts*

... "maybe".

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Office Pig posted:

One moment, I believe the answer to this is *examines plethora of doomsday charts*

... "maybe".

I like those odds.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Cleveland is the new Miami.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why not?

Terrible skiing.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gonna be some fantastic diving around Orlando.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Zil posted:

Almost certainly not - it's basically gravel under all that ice right now. Give it a couple of centuries and it might end up that way, though.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Gonna be some fantastic diving around Orlando.

All the construction materials and general waste that cities produce leaking into the water would probably kill you more painfully than a bullet would.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

eNeMeE posted:

Almost certainly not - it's basically gravel under all that ice right now. Give it a couple of centuries and it might end up that way, though.

For reference the map is after all the current ice in the world melts.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Archonex posted:

All the construction materials and general waste that cities produce leaking into the water would probably kill you more painfully than a bullet would.
Uh, are you unaware of like, flooding in general?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Don't forget Florida's big sinkhole problem. If you fall into one and die, they won't even bother rescuing your body.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If God digs you a grave, it's not wise to second guess him.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/55Counties/status/977757215690973184

jfc schumer

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
he did a pretty good job on the omnibus bill, but that statement is so terrible it reads like a :thunk: photoshop

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

A big flaming stink posted:

he did a pretty good job on the omnibus bill, but that statement is so terrible it reads like a :thunk: photoshop

the quote is from 2005

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it was an insanely stupid thing to say back then too.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it was an insanely stupid thing to say back then too.

And then he voted against cloture twice.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

He's :pray:ing for war against Iran - no shock there.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Its an old quote, but succ dems are absolutely begging for a chance to suck off the troops and prove how patriotic they are.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Uh, are you unaware of like, flooding in general?

Have you seen what flood waters in urban areas look like? At it's worst it's basically a brown tide of dirt, debris, and other associated materials. poo poo, during this year's floods it was kind of an emergent crisis that all the dirt, disease, and urban waste in the water was liable to end up killing people (Including those folks stuck in that nursing home during the flood that hit areas as a result of Hurricane Harvey.) down the line even if they were rescued.

Picture that. Only in the case of a receding coast line instead of a tide that sweeps all that crap outwards as it goes along you have a water level that keeps rising over time until buildings are underwater. At which point the buildings just begin to degrade over time and it just fucks the quality of water in the area in the long run. And that's without taking into account all the little ways urban areas begin to break down and make the place nigh unlivable when the average amount of water in the area increases due to climate change loving everything to hell even when it's above the water level.

Incidentally, this is a small part of why Miami is scared shitless of global warming. Along with it being the reason why half the city was enraged at Rick Scott basically putting a legal moratorium on anyone in the state government bringing the issue up. Their sewer system is supposedly already periodically flooded out due to rising water levels and they're already running into all sorts of resultant problems. Like local septic tanks failing outright and disgorging their literal poo poo into the plumbing system of nearby houses and the general environment due to rising groundwater levels.

If that doesn't concern you then imagine going into your kitchen to get a drink of water only for someone's spicy chipotle chicken dinner to come out of the faucet in the form of diarrhea. At which point you'll have an accurate mental image of the daily life of some Florida residents at the moment.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 26, 2018

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Archonex posted:

Have you seen what flood waters in urban areas look like?
Been in them. Did not instantly die as if shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Been in them. Did not instantly die as if shot.

I can't tell if this is a joke post, or you're just painfully stupid.

• Locked thread