Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Good soup! posted:

a hiatus you mother fucker god drat it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-7558NYtwY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i will destroy kentaro miura

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i will destroy kentaro miura

Oh hush up now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

According to the admin of Skull Knight.net, the wording has been used for chapters that weren't hiatus chapters before so it's not 100% guaranteed.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

According to the admin of Skull Knight.net, the wording has been used for chapters that weren't hiatus chapters before so it's not 100% guaranteed.
I can't recall a single instance where 次回 has shown up in isolation and Berserk has somehow kept on trucking on-schedule. I mean, Berserk hasn't even been regularly serialized for what is probably over a decade now, so when would 次回 ("next time") be? Even regular runs the past few years have skipped issues, hence the need for a date.

Then again I'm not a turbonerd so I'm probably wrong. Maybe it'll be back in the near-but-TBD future. :pray:

U-DO Burger posted:

"Is her revival more than just good memories!?"

:thunk:
The original is something like "Were good memories not the only ones recalled?!" IIRC. Hoping to get a decent scanlation of this out by the end of the week, but sourcing scans has been an issue as of late.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So, it's the next chapter which will be Casca screaming continuously for 25 pages.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the admins at skullknight are also massive loving weirdo nerds in the worst way so they might actually not be right

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

on the other hands, goons are weirdo nerds too so really it's 50/50

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
This is Berserk. It's weirdo nerds all the way down.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I reckon it's hiatus too, don't get me wrong, but I live in hope.

Despite Miura telling me otherwise.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

U-DO Burger posted:

Amazing, Casca was really a shapeshifted Judeau all along

I miss Judeau, he was incredibly badass.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’d trade Casca for Judeau.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

RatHat posted:

I’d trade Casca for Judeau.

So would Judeau

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I still think it's kinda neat that Judeau got to go out clean.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

LordMune posted:

Hoping to get a decent scanlation of this out by the end of the week, but sourcing scans has been an issue as of late.
I'll be happy to share torrent bandwidth as soon as they're ready.

Many hands make wider distribution and fast work :gooncamp: or something like that.

Casca's next words: Why didn't you loving let me fall off that cliff?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Good soup! posted:

the admins at skullknight are also massive loving weirdo nerds in the worst way so they might actually not be right

They are "Um, Actually" made flesh.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Six chapters and then 10 month hiatus is standard practice now, I think

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rodyle posted:

I still think it's kinda neat that Judeau got to go out clean.

He didn't get to finish his "i love you" :(

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

My translation checker and I are still negotiating some minor details in striking a balance between accuracy and flow, but here's #355 straight from the Japanese.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

LordMune posted:

My translation checker and I are still negotiating some minor details in striking a balance between accuracy and flow, but here's #355 straight from the Japanese.

I....... I think I held my breath reading that entire thing

It was beautiful

It was horrifying

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

LordMune posted:

Wait, dark elves exist? OH NO!

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

LordMune posted:

I can’t believe this is happening. Guts’ long quest is almost? over. And I only started reading Berserk whilst the end of the Troll arc was wrapping up, some 15 years ago. How are folks who have been following Berserk for 2+ decades reacting to this chapter?

Where will the story go from here? A long road back to Midland to take out Griffith? But Guts still seems nowhere near Femto’s level. And what about the other Godhands. I don’t think we will get a simple ‘good’ vanquishing ‘evil’ story from now on. Will Guts quietly hang up the Dragonslayer and retire down somewhere on Elf Island with Casca? Not with both of them still Branded I think not. And there’s still the matter of the Behelit he carries around, but we know it’s just to summon Femto to kill him right? Where will the rest of the party go now?

We’re looking at another decade of manga to go easily...

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

LordMune posted:

Excellent. I know the thread appreciates it.

Now I know OD means 'aura' or similar, but what does OD stand for?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Even with the potential hiatuses it's nice to feel really excited about Berserk again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone needs to get Evil Genius guys the digi raws because goddamn

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nebakenezzer posted:

Excellent. I know the thread appreciates it.

Now I know OD means 'aura' or similar, but what does OD stand for?

OD stands for od.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

The digital edition of Young Animal is pretty nice, but it lags behind the physical magazine by at least a week because Japan. :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My personal Berserk timeline goes something like: early 2000s buy VHS fansubs of the anime (later the DVDs), ~2002 catch up on the manga available at the time by borrowing a CD from a friend in our computer class that had the scans (back then it was hard to know where to look to download that stuff!), and the rest being history. I want to say it was a volume or two before Guts got the Berserker armor. Plenty of jokes around that time of "gee, is Casca ever going to get better??" So regardless of what happens going forward it feels like its own watershed moment of sorts.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'm surprised Casca basically remembers everything from the crazy period, I was wondering how that was going to shake out.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

They do this with everything apparently. Promised Neverland especially lost a ton of detail.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
did they show casca's brand? use spoilers

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Oh my god the originals are even more beautiful

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

thats what happens when you bitmap a greyscale illustration i guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think it's probably to compensate for the magazines being printed on terrible cheap paper so the scans are never great.

Where as Young Animal obviously have access to the source images so their scans are going to be done on better hardware from Miura's own images, assuming he's not fully digital anyway nowadays.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

drat looking at the scans I figured Miura had simplified his style a bit with more black, but he's actually just drawing that many tiny lines. The absolute madman.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
gently caress me, I completely forgot Elaine was the name Luca gave her. :3:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Miura's hatching is absolutely absurd, it's completely flawless, and I think his most impressive artistic ability even though he has a ton of those.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Miura's hatching is absolutely absurd, it's completely flawless, and I think his most impressive artistic ability even though he has a ton of those.

He’s done this for almost 400 chapters with 17 pages per chapter and maybe averaging 5 panels per page

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Today I am going to wake up and sit at my drawing board and not stop until I have put at least 1000 lines upon this demon cock, for the sake of photorealism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

jesus christ..