Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wonder how long it'll be before someone asks Sanji about Pudding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Countblanc posted:

i wonder how long it'll be before someone asks Sanji about Pudding

about who?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's going to be those foodgasm gags in cooking anime but it goes on for 10 pages
so one of those foodgasm gags in a cooking manga

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sorry I'm not sure why I capitalized that, I just wanted to know when people would ask him to whip up some pudding

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

:mrwhite:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Sindai posted:

so one of those foodgasm gags in a cooking manga

I'm hoping for Big Mom's take on the Century Soup face myself

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lpzie posted:

just showing them to us.

so, what's the cake going to do to thin mom? it's not just going to calm her down, the previous one could have done that. i think it's so good she'll vomit up the people she ate and realize she needs help.

I still think it's going to jog her memory about that fateful day when she ate her family

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lpzie posted:

just showing them to us.

so, what's the cake going to do to thin mom? it's not just going to calm her down, the previous one could have done that. i think it's so good she'll vomit up the people she ate and realize she needs help.

U-DO Burger posted:

I still think it's going to jog her memory about that fateful day when she ate her family

big mom is a massive hypocrite who is utterly incapable of self-reflection, so probably not

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm a One Piece fan and I'm hoping the dramatic reveal will be about tasting a delicious cake.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I both fear and anticipate Big Mom's food ahegao.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheLoneStar posted:

:same:

I also fear and anticipate the animated adaptation of said scene.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For one chapter One Piece will run in a seinen magazine just to fully convey the foodgasm

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 25, 2018

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:bignews:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheLoneStar posted:

you both force people to look up what that word means and then imagine big mom doing it

this is a life-ruining post

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I have no regrets.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yinlock posted:

you both force people to look up what that word means and then imagine big mom doing it

this is a life-ruining post

thank you for sparing me from looking it up

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

thank you for sparing me from looking it up

It's a weird hentai 'orgasm' face with eyes rolling back. hth

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is Morgans somehow the father of all the news coos or what

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blockhouse posted:

For one chapter One Piece will run in a seinen magazine just to fully convey the foodgasm

I wouldn't even need to, Soma's alreasy in shonen jump.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Now I miss Toriko.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

That's... racist?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hello friends, does anyone have a decent pic of post TS Franky’s arm star head on? I can only find pics at an anglr

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Are you saying they all look the same? Eh? EH?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Can't wait for Morgans to star in the arc about fake news

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

This still has to end in a fight or escape, right?

If the cake does its job and Big Mom calms down, there's no way she'd let a cook like Sanji get away. Think we'll see the return of the sacrifice wheel?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

luffy/jinbe already proved that she can't do anything with the sacrifice wheel because they aren't afraid of her. they're already running away so presumably they're just gonna keep doing that

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Big Mom threatened to murder the heck out of the Baratie folks, which isn't exactly a problem that's solved by them just running away. Which implies that the wedding cake will completely mollify Big Mom.

She'd probably chase him to the ends of the Earth but at least that puts her on a direct course for a Straw Hat rematch.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

Big Mom threatened to murder the heck out of the Baratie folks, which isn't exactly a problem that's solved by them just running away. Which implies that the wedding cake will completely mollify Big Mom.

She'd probably chase him to the ends of the Earth but at least that puts her on a direct course for a Straw Hat rematch.

I thought it was Germa 66 threatening the Baratie, and they backed down from that?

She could still try to retaliate against Fishman Island, although it would be risky even for her, assuming Shirahoshi is around.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like the Big Mom Pirates have bigger issues to worry about than getting revenge on Luffy and Sanji and Co. once this whole arc is over.

The Big Mom Pirates had fantastic PR. They forged connections with other kingdoms / pirates through marriage. They were loved by the people of the islands they ruled over because they maintained a good relationship with their subjects. Sure, Big Mom went on rampages now and then but it was a common occurrence that you could just laugh over even if she killed a son or two. After all, you were still safe, and there were sweets like loving everywhere. Better to give up a few years of your live and live in safety than venture outside and get done in by those nasty pirates, who were nothing like Big Mom!

But once everything went down and the cake hall came crashing down, the narrative has shifted. Big News Morgan is just itching to write about this whole fiasco where it turns out that Big Mom is actually willing to screw over the people she's forging connections with, and the Big Mom Pirates got completely shown up by a relative rookie. A C9 agent has witnessed all this firsthand and is certainly going to be reporting to the government about it. Pirate crews under Big Mom's employ, like Capone, a Supernova, and Jimbei, a former Warlord, have turned against her. Big Mom's children, caught up in this whole mess, are unable to keep up the jovial facade they had up. They start yelling and threatening the citizens, which obviously gets them all anxious and antsy, and Big Mom's rampage is even worse than ever, to the point where the citizens are expressing doubts about her. And Katakuri, the undefeated No. 2, actually went and got himself beaten.

The Big Mom Pirates have a ton of internal and external rebuilding to do before they can even think about revenge, I think. They've already got plenty of people who'd love to see them fall, and trying to enact revenge would just open themselves up for attack, I think.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver2195 posted:

I thought it was Germa 66 threatening the Baratie, and they backed down from that?

Yeah, but it was Big Mom who told them about the Baratie in the first place.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

I feel like the Big Mom Pirates have bigger issues to worry about than getting revenge on Luffy and Sanji and Co. once this whole arc is over.

This is mostly true, although taking out the Baratie should be easy enough that someone like Amande or Bobbin could do it alone.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bobbin's probably dead to be honest.

I doubt Capone's goons would just shoot Bobbin and then leave him alive.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Bobbin's probably dead to be honest.

I doubt Capone's goons would just shoot Bobbin and then leave him alive.

It's One Piece, though. Nobody ever seems to bother coup de gracing people in One Piece.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Silver2195 posted:

It's One Piece, though. Nobody ever seems to bother coup de gracing people in One Piece.

Except Capone and his crew. Like, that was kind of the point that instigated everything was that they were explicitly trying to a murder on Big Mom.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hello friends, does anyone have a decent pic of post TS Franky’s arm star head on? I can only find pics at an anglr

Just get the loving tattoo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dragonatrix posted:

Except Capone and his crew. Like, that was kind of the point that instigated everything was that they were explicitly trying to a murder on Big Mom.

Are you as drunk as me? I get what ya saying but goddamn that is not a sentence

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Here's something that owns that I would have never expected from the NBA thread:

MelancholyMark posted:

Lol the Utah broadcast trying to explain Gobert's custom One Piece Luffy shoes rn

https://twitter.com/Kickstradomis/status/973375546791903232

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Reiche posted:

Here's something that owns that I would have never expected from the NBA thread:

"and gobert gets hit with a foul, "gear second" is not a permitted basketball technique in the nba"

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Silver2195 posted:

Eh, it seems to me that despite what Oda said about wanting the comic to remain at the same age group forever, pre-timeskip rules for death in the narrative have changed. It used to be impossible to die outside a flashback if you had a name. Pell's the best example, but the royal guards drank poison and died just fine, because they didn't have names.*

But after the timeskips, we've actually had a few people die. Hell, Big Mom murdered two of her own children on panel!

*they got some in a data book, according to the wiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's less about character importance and more because Oda is an avid baseball fan, and the chapter came out a few weeks after a major doping scandal in the NPB (Nippon Professional Baseball). It's his subtle way of getting the message across the performance enhancers aren't effective (hence why the dudes failed to kill or even hurt Crocodile) and dangerous (hence why they die from the side effects).