Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

thatbastardken posted:

vb and darts aren't banned substances

Not yet! Vote 1 greens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Ol' hansie has been dead for years, wouldn't be shocked if a lot of people on twitter have never heard of him

Yes, you are old.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
People follow Shane Warne on Twitter?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

People follow Shane Warne on Twitter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1rz85VDjNY

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
something very manufactured about this "cheating"

perhaps cricket australia and the liberal party colluding to distract from newspoll?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Just lol if you think the LNP could coordinate a conspiracy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:emptyquote:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
When is the next Newspoll?

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
NT news is truly the only respectable thing left in this sack of poo poo country

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

When is the next Newspoll?

Delayed due to ball tampering scandal

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
meh

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/977857276412182528

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/977857973237071872

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/977858493414703104

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 25, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
he cant keep getting away with this

"despite"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
pretty sure a 1% move isn't statistically significant anyway.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
Am I wrong, or will reducing the company tax rate to 25% also reduce the dividend imputation offset that all these hard off pensioners rely on?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I think it's been said before that it does, but people outraged about the labor plan probably don't actually understand how the credits work, or even necessarily have them, it'll be blind "AR PENSIONERS" akin to the "CARBON TAX ARRGBLEEAAARGH" campaigns run by the excessively wealthy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mr Chips posted:

Am I wrong, or will reducing the company tax rate to 25% also reduce the dividend imputation offset that all these hard off pensioners rely on?

https://my.mixtape.moe/ocebjc.mp4

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Anyway whatever happens at 30 newspolls is probably going to be pathetic.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

correct, abbott will throw his biggest tantrum yet and nothing of consequence will happen

abbott has zero allies on the frontbench. either they’re wet libs and therefore wouldn’t support him in the first place (bishop, pyne) or they have their own ambitions that abbott is only a hindrance to (morrison, dutton). abbott is done as a political force.

quote this post when he topples turnbull a fortnight from now to own me

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 25, 2018

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
It’ll still be nice and awkward. Enjoy it for what it is.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
https://amp.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/shane-rattenbury-calls-on-federal-government-to-reduce-electric-bike-tariff-20180322-h0xu94.html

bikes bikes bikes posted:

ACT Greens leader Shane Rattenbury has called on the federal government to remove a tariff imposed on electric bikes, arguing it would reduce their uptake in cities like Canberra.

In a recent letter to Assistant Home Affairs Minister Angus Taylor, the ACT Climate Change Minister said the five per cent tariff would mean the costs of e-bikes would increase.

Cycling groups say electric bikes are a gateway for casual riders. Photo: Supplied

Mr Rattenbury said the tariff would also impact on the number of people wanting to take up cycling, with e-bike use on the rise.

"While I understand the intent of the tariff, and the desire to support local manufacturing, I am concerned that this tariff will introduce another obstacle to the increased take up of cycling and active travel," he said.

Shane Rattenbury has written to the federal government calling for the tariff on e-bikes to be removed. Photo: Sitthixay Ditthavong

"I expect the tariff to result in an increase in the cost of e-bikes, as the vast majority of them are currently imported, and many from countries impacted by the tariff."

Cycling groups have said e-bikes - bikes with motors attached - are used as a gateway for people wanting to take up cycling, with the motor often used on hill climbs.

As well as e-bikes, the tariff also applies to electric scooters and motorcycles.

Mr Rattenbury said an increased number of bikes out on Canberra roads was a key part of the government's target of net zero greenhouse gases by 2050.

"The ACT government is currently progressing a range of policy initiatives designed to encourage the uptake of e-bikes," he said.

"It would be very disappointing if the five per cent tariff created a disincentive to the uptake of e-bikes."

Pedal Power ACT chief executive Ian Ross said there has been a large uptake in the number of e-bike users in Canberra in recent years.

He said the electric bikes were a good alternative for commuters who want to cycle to work, but live far away from the office.

"E-bikes have made a good entry into the ACT, and they're the next wave that will get people into cycling," Mr Ross said.

"It allows you to tackle distances or hills that you might not otherwise tackle, and for people who are not really cyclists, it makes cycling to work a genuine possibility."

The chief executive said while numbers of e-bikes would always be small compared to traditional bikes, the two could co-exist.

"Their use is growing, and I'm seeing more and more on the streets."

A Home Affairs department spokeswoman said e-bike importers have been able to access a duty concession as there were no Australian manufacturers.

​"Bicycles with an electric motor imported into Australia are currently subject to the general rate of customs duty of five per cent," the spokesman said.

"E-bikes imported under any of Australia's free trade agreements continue to be eligible for a 'free' rate of customs duty."

I know I'm probably the bike-crazy-in-residence in Auspol, but I could see ebikes replacing a lot of cars if there was sufficient government backing.

Also from memory this taxation thing came about recently because an Australian ebike company that didn't even make "street legal" ebikes (i.e. pedelec assistance up to 25kmph) complained about the tax treatment of the imports that were.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

froglet posted:

https://amp.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/shane-rattenbury-calls-on-federal-government-to-reduce-electric-bike-tariff-20180322-h0xu94.html

I know I'm probably the bike-crazy-in-residence in Auspol, but I could see ebikes replacing a lot of cars if there was sufficient government backing.

Also from memory this taxation thing came about recently because an Australian ebike company that didn't even make "street legal" ebikes (i.e. pedelec assistance up to 25kmph) complained about the tax treatment of the imports that were.

I still have to fix my e-bike. I brought a cheap 200watt one that was actually a 400watt one, but the guy stuck a 200watt controller onto a 400watt motor. Which meant the 200watt controller exploded because thats how electrical loads work. Unfortunately china purchase, so sending it back for refund costs more than the purchase. So I'm probably just going to build my own controller because gently caress it. Might as well put that engineering background to use somehow.

Also, hello Auspol, its been a while

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

7% of australians should probably be put in rubbish bins. Maybe most.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

duck monster posted:

I still have to fix my e-bike. I brought a cheap 200watt one that was actually a 400watt one, but the guy stuck a 200watt controller onto a 400watt motor. Which meant the 200watt controller exploded because thats how electrical loads work. Unfortunately china purchase, so sending it back for refund costs more than the purchase. So I'm probably just going to build my own controller because gently caress it. Might as well put that engineering background to use somehow.

Also, hello Auspol, its been a while

Hi duck monster. 400w is a fair amount of power for a bike. How heavy is it?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

duck monster posted:

into the recycling bin.

re-use that biomas as nutrients for veggie farms

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

froglet posted:

E bikes are really cool and the tariff is ridiculous. It's unfair and we should be doing more to encourage people to ride.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

duck monster posted:

7% confirmed for bin. Others to be determined.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

duck monster posted:

I agree that the other 2% of the Greens are the good ones.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Mad Katter posted:

Considering a tour de France rider will only average about 250W over the race.....

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

G-Spot Run posted:

I think it's been said before that it does, but people outraged about the labor plan probably don't actually understand how the credits work, or even necessarily have them, it'll be blind "AR PENSIONERS" akin to the "CARBON TAX ARRGBLEEAAARGH" campaigns run by the excessively wealthy.

Part of the issue is the LNP being deliberately misleading by failing to make the distinction between net income and taxable income. It's all just poor Audrey and Reg who have worked hard all their lives and now somehow get by on a taxable annual income of $2 each plus a six figure, tax free superannuation payout per year but big mean old labor wants to take away the $25,000 of free money they get from the ATO.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Mad Katter posted:

Reasonably heavy. It was a cheapie.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

My concern is the action of passing a tax cut of any kind, no matter if it effects them or not - will bring those swing voter Howard battler goblins back to the LNP.

AKA that one retired tradesman who never joined a union and always brings it up.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Aka that Bakers Delight franchise owner who reckons they're just as bad as each other and could vote for anyone.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Aka that one pub crawler who will never forgive em for what they did to Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott because we voted for em and we should stick with em.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

duck monster!

I want to convert my fat bike to electric but holy cow are they expensive. Someone hook me up with the cheap ebikes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Anidav posted:

My concern is the action of passing a tax cut of any kind, no matter if it effects them or not - will bring those swing voter Howard battler goblins back to the LNP.

AKA that one retired tradesman who never joined a union and always brings it up.

How many of them are actually swing voters? Given the LNP is ALWAYS down to cut taxes...

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Inescapable Duck posted:

How many of them are actually swing voters? Given the LNP is ALWAYS down to cut taxes...
Except where it'd benefit those darn dirty poors.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I reckon a fair few of them flirt with Labor and minor parties until the next tax cuts come and then they will tell younger generations about the glory of Howard.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sky News Breaking : Government has majority support to pass tax cuts.

gently caress Hinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
DEFICIT
DEEEFIICIT
DEFICIIIIIIIIIIT
LIBERAL WAAASTE
Why isn't this echoing I don't understand

• Locked thread