Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I assume you just don’t get the reward upon completing the alert again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

RFC2324 posted:

Is it possible to run an alert more than once if you someone else hosts who hasn't run it yet?

You only get the reward once but aside from that yeah you can do it multiple times if you for some reason wanted to.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Sometimes re-running an alert is handy if you're trying to take out a specific type of enemy (for dojo paint, for instance). It's hard to get some of the lower level guys in large quantities without them.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

ankle posted:

I'm playing this game again for the first time in many years and after you get out of the tutorial stuff gets pretty confusing! As someone with a maxed out Warframe but has no idea what's going on, what should be my priorities? Also how do I join the goon guild on PC?

As far as star map goes, try to open every junction by checking the requirements. Junctions give you rewards like goodies and quests.

As for the longer run goal: get to Uranus, bring a scanner to scan the weird ghost alien thing. That starts the quest Natah. Which you need to get the quest The Second Dream, which you need for the quest The War Within. Those are considered Warframe "main storyline".

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Hey thread, a few days ago I was giving away full sets of Banshee Prime and Fragor Prime. Banshee Prime has been transferred to Brainflakes (enjoy!) and the Fragor Prime was going to Sephyr, but apparently another goon already hooked him up with one so it's up for grabs again. If anyone wants it, respond to this post first and I'll try to get it to you a bit later today.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

Think someone is DDOSing DE again? The salt over Baro bringing those rare stances was real strong.

Did he have stances this time around? I didn't see them

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

Xun posted:

Did he have stances this time around? I didn't see them

No, and I don't know what he is talking about.

Also, as clunky and jangly as the in-game chat is, it's absence reveals how important it actually is to the game.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Hey thread, a few days ago I was giving away full sets of Banshee Prime and Fragor Prime. Banshee Prime has been transferred to Brainflakes (enjoy!) and the Fragor Prime was going to Sephyr, but apparently another goon already hooked him up with one so it's up for grabs again. If anyone wants it, respond to this post first and I'll try to get it to you a bit later today.

In this same vein I have a full Nikana Prime and Hikou Prime set that I can't seem to sell so if anyone is interested in these very good vaulted weapons MSPaint what cool things you would do with them or bribe me with plat. One weapon per player. IGN is veryhighcholesterol

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

And Tyler Too! posted:

In this same vein I have a full Nikana Prime and Hikou Prime set that I can't seem to sell so if anyone is interested in these very good vaulted weapons MSPaint what cool things you would do with them or bribe me with plat. One weapon per player. IGN is veryhighcholesterol

Ninikana prime is my dream sword please!

painting RN

https://imgur.com/a/6JZJP

TheTrend fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 25, 2018

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I've been trying to get the last piece of Equinox for ages (Night Neuroptics) but chance is not being kind. I started looking at the market website to see if I can buy one cheap there, but there doesn't even seem to be a listing at https://ps4.warframe.market/
Is that place just for Prime and really rare stuff? Where's a good place to buy supposedly 'uncommon' pieces for a fair price? I'm trying to find that armor corrosion aura too. I'm on PS4.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

unfortunately basic frame pieces can't be traded, only prime parts

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
'Basic' weapons/frames can't be traded - only prime/wraith ones.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

And Tyler Too! posted:

I am reliably informed that stuffing throwing stars up a tenno butt increases gun damage.

Willing to take take the risk testing that one out anyway.

xiansi in-game too. Will also add bribe if you doubt the butt-shuriken plan.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

And Tyler Too! posted:

I'd like a hikou prime so i can throw shiny exploding throwing stars and things and miss all the goddamn time but feel fabulous. IGN The_Government

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Sephyr posted:

Explore each level for materials: you'll be glad you did. Go to every alert that gives Orokin cells, Nitain extracts, and such.

Run Defense and Survival missions to get relics. Then open them in relic missions to get premium parts. Use your starting platinum to get extra frame and weapon slots as they are needed.

Rhino is a good second frame to invest in, and you may have some of his parts already. Volt is also fun, and can be gotten in the Guild dojo for a few creds.

I've gotten a number of 'relics', but I'm not sure what they are or what to do with them?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Theres a tab on the system map where alerts are listed that has a symbol that looks like a little flame, this is the fissures list. Match the type of relic with the fissure and launch a session, collect 10 of the void thingies and crack the relic, pick the loot you want.
You should also have a pedistal near the armory in your ship to shove void traces into a relic to improve your chanced for a rare drop.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I would very much like Fragor Prime.

IGN: Capitalisimo

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

ankle posted:

I've gotten a number of 'relics', but I'm not sure what they are or what to do with them?

They contain parts of "prime" weapons or armor or a forma bp. Like Oberon Prime is a separate version of Oberon with slight better stats. These primes add to your mastery even if you've leveled the original. You crack these relics at void fissure missions which are listed in you navigation screen as tab. Basically enter one of these missions, it asks you to pick a relic, play the mission like normal and collect 10 reactant (they are marked) to open the relic. This gives you a chance at one of the parts listed for that relic with silver being rarer and gold being the rarest. If you are with a team you are given a choice of whatever they cracked as well.

Every time you crack a relic you are given void traces at the end of the mission. These can be used to upgrade you relics to weight them more towards giving you rare stuff. Just make them radiant, the other levels are not as useful.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pope Urbane II posted:

I would very much like Fragor Prime.

IGN: Capitalisimo

You got it, I'll try to catch you online some time tomorrow.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

xiansi posted:

I am reliably informed that stuffing throwing stars up a tenno butt increases gun damage.

Willing to take take the risk testing that one out anyway.

xiansi in-game too. Will also add bribe if you doubt the butt-shuriken plan.

is that duck prime, why is the duck jamming stars up its rear end in a top hat

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why arent you Tenno? Jam stars up your rear end for victory.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

And Tyler Too! posted:

My hikou got turned into a disappointing chainsaw, please gift me the primed version so I can fill the hole it left. IGN: Ten_Pound_Terry

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
how do i play the new Warframe fighting game mode?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ankle posted:

As has already been mentioned, you complete missions to open relics and get prime parts / blueprints. Use these to make prime weapons & frames, and sell duplicates at relays for ducats to buy special items from Baro Kiteer when the lazy bastard turns up.

Defence, survival and excavation are the best mission types because not only do they have a chance of rewarding you with more relics, you can unlock multiple relics the more rounds you complete.

More importantly, when you unlock a relic in these modes, you can choose your reward from your team-mates relics as well, giving you four possible prizes each round instead of just relying on whatever your relic unlocked.

There are four lights tiers of relic - lith, meso, neo and axi. Lith are associated with the easiest missions and require the lowest mastery rank to use, axi with the toughest / highest MR.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

lets burn posted:

how do i play the new Warframe fighting game mode?

It's not in the game.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Wow wtf. They still have network problems?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

According to reddit quoting twitter, Steve is flying out personally to find out wa gwan.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Servers get hosed every now and then, this is the first time it's been bad since I started playing 2 months ago

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I played just fine earlier today, now the servers are making GBS threads themselves so hard I can't play at all. Joy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

One of my favourite things about the noclip documentary was when they were talking about the servers, and they showed a bunch of desktops stacked on top of each other under a table.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

One of my favourite things about the noclip documentary was when they were talking about the servers, and they showed a bunch of desktops stacked on top of each other under a table.

Hah :D

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

DE getting ddosed during Baro is becoming a regular thing.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Thats some mighty DDOS if now their hardware needs replacing.

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/977622603786436608

But of course, how can they? Nothing to be done until Steve personally flys in and walks to old mom and pop HDD store to buy some disks. Fingers crossed they work on Sunday!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Little do you realise they are jenga towers of 486s. It's Denial of DOS as more up to date racks refuse to run such an old OS.

Definitely frustrating. I hope a clearer explanation comes out after. But not holding my breath, even with DE.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tylana posted:

Little do you realise they are jenga towers of 486s. It's Denial of DOS as more up to date racks refuse to run such an old OS.

Definitely frustrating. I hope a clearer explanation comes out after. But not holding my breath, even with DE.

What would a clearer explanation be?

There are different kinds of DDoS attacks and there are different methods of counteracting them. It seems entirely reasonable to me that they would start trying different hardware level approaches to unfucking things yesterday, before or after they realized it was a DDoS.

It's also not something you would want to go into detail about.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
What kind of dumb rear end in a top hat DDoSes Warframe servers? Jesus.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
This weekend downtime is a literal slap in the face, and DE must give us all primed chamber to make amends, or I'll be speaking to my attorney.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!

Ritznit posted:

What kind of dumb rear end in a top hat DDoSes Warframe servers? Jesus.

Bungie's spite-hacking DE for succeeding where they failed, but their efforts are for naught because Warframe with broken servers is still a better game than Destiny 2 firing on all cylinders.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Does anyone have an extra Banshee Prime Systems blueprint I can have? It's the last part I need before I can build her. It's like 30 plat in the market but I'd rather pay a goon for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

WindmillSlayer posted:

Does anyone have an extra Banshee Prime Systems blueprint I can have? It's the last part I need before I can build her. It's like 30 plat in the market but I'd rather pay a goon for it.

I have a spare, hmu. In-game is EdmondSA

/edit: Game died on me. Gabii is a dark sector mission in Ceres (survival), you can do 5 minutes and extract and get 20k credits (iirc), so it's a good way of getting index seed money.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 25, 2018