Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Soul Calibur 2 had Spawn and a Todd McFarlane exclusive creation Necrid in the roster. I think it's just that Namco Bandai is aware of their games' global appeal.

I wonder what music they'll pick for the Kaer Morhen stage bgm.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i didn't realise on previous playthroughs the pun in the fistfight champion of novigrad's name. durden the tailor. tailor durden. it elicited a groan of dismay - although the fact he's such a dick was pretty funny.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Neurosis posted:

i didn't realise on previous playthroughs the pun in the fistfight champion of novigrad's name. durden the tailor. tailor durden. it elicited a groan of dismay - although the fact he's such a dick was pretty funny.

The best fistfight quest is the one against Mancomb.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neurosis posted:

Did you also miss gorgeous George and Bricktop in the novigrad fistfight chain?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I was just sad that they never made a single Punch Out reference.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Starting a new game+. What were the mods that:

Will give me infinite bag space so that I can never be weighed down by my stuff
Take away falling damage (or at least makes it more reasonable)
Take away weapon degradation

I think that was the only mods I was interested in.

Also how do I uh... add the mods to the game

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Starting a new game+. What were the mods that:

Will give me infinite bag space so that I can never be weighed down by my stuff
Take away falling damage (or at least makes it more reasonable)
Take away weapon degradation

I think that was the only mods I was interested in.

Also how do I uh... add the mods to the game

nexusmods.com with Nexus Mod Manager

Over 9000 - Weight limit mod
No Fall Damage
Indestructible Items - No More Weapon Degradation

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

I like the Witcher series and I loving love Soul Blade and the Soul Caliber series, so this is right up my alley.

I hope they put some witcher school gear on the character customization for Soul Caliber

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 18, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
He's also on the cover, as it is the Soul Calibur tradition with its guest characters

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Ahaha, if you have the letter from the Seven Cats Notice Board asking for a boyfriend to go to a wedding, you can ask Shani if that was hers and she gives this deer in the headlights look and starts lying her rear end off.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

One thing i love about witcher 3 is the monster behaviour.

The fiend is just guarding his treasure and will size you up until you attack.

also those the hair effects are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hw8X8wXZns

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i'd never played gwent much before this playthrough (other than to save that one dude in zoltan's quest); enjoyed it mostly but maan fuuuuucccckkk the halfling in the high stakes gwent tournament. it took me about 15 tries to beat him - the mix of his decoys and the number of spies he had made it a frustrating match. the rest of the tournament was pretty easy.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Neurosis posted:

i'd never played gwent much before this playthrough (other than to save that one dude in zoltan's quest); enjoyed it mostly but maan fuuuuucccckkk the halfling in the high stakes gwent tournament. it took me about 15 tries to beat him - the mix of his decoys and the number of spies he had made it a frustrating match. the rest of the tournament was pretty easy.

That's odd, the Nilfgard player, Sasha is usually the hardest opponent there(if not in the entire game).

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
she probably just got dealt a bad hand. though i only had one decoy which probably made the halfling way harder than he needed to be.

another possible reference i didn't pick up on last time: a water hag on skellige is named 'Abaya'. possibly a reference to Abaia from the Book of the New Sun, who was also a water dwelling monstrosity who killed sailors (though abaia is a he and he is as large as a mountain range). also i hope there's at least one person out there who was motivated by finding out the Brothers Grossbart's Sad Tale is a reference to the book The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart to go and read the book, because it is a really sick historical fiction book incorporating horror, fantasy and black comedy into a darkly amusing picaresque.

Clara
Feb 7, 2004

I've been replaying the game and using a quest list this time to make sure I don't miss anything, and holy poo poo I can't believe I never found Equine Phantoms before. I don't think I've ever laughed that much at a quest and it's a crime it's off the beaten path and totally missable.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I think you'd find many of the posters in this thread have heavily hinted the deets when people come around asking of B&W. :colbert:

e: reposting public menace roach:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQwWJHBO0kk&t=38s

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 21, 2018

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Clara posted:

I've been replaying the game and using a quest list this time to make sure I don't miss anything, and holy poo poo I can't believe I never found Equine Phantoms before. I don't think I've ever laughed that much at a quest and it's a crime it's off the beaten path and totally missable.

Comte said he wanted it off the beaten path so it would feel more special for the people who found it. I think that's pretty neat.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Clara posted:

On my first play through, I picked the option in b&w that didn’t take you to fairytale land, so I’m due for a “miss nothing” play through too soon.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Ainsley McTree posted:

On my first play through, I picked the option in b&w that didn’t take you to fairytale land, so I’m due for a “miss nothing” play through too soon.

I just finished B&W a few days ago and man, I was not expecting that place at all. A highlight was accidentally squashing a tiny person in the Tom Thumb village and Geralt wiping them off his shoe. Whoops.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The only thing that disappointed me in the fairytale land was that the naked emperor wasn't Emhyr.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fargin Icehole posted:

I like the Witcher series and I loving love Soul Blade and the Soul Caliber series, so this is right up my alley.

I hope they put some witcher school gear on the character customization for Soul Caliber

I hope the bear armor is an alternate costume. Also, the tattoo

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
They'll undoubtably have the Manticore/Witcher 1 gear. But I wouldn't be surprised if they had all the School gear as DLC.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Omnicarus posted:

Ahaha, if you have the letter from the Seven Cats Notice Board asking for a boyfriend to go to a wedding, you can ask Shani if that was hers and she gives this deer in the headlights look and starts lying her rear end off.

I didn't know this.

Back to Witcher 3 for I must see this :downs:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
up to the return to kaer morhan on my play through, having done nearly all of the secondary quests in the base game. seeing interactions between geralt and the other witchers makes me appreciate how good the character writing is in this game. it also makes me appreciate having a main character with a history and pre-existing relationships. you couldn't get interactions like geralt's limerick about lambert with a blank slate character.

milkrun
Mar 7, 2007

I've got a sweet vineyard and Geralt finally has a bed to call his own :unsmith:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

milkrun posted:

I've got a sweet vineyard and Geralt finally has a bed to call his own :unsmith:

Well, he did have a bed. Yen just threw it out a window however.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Fanatic posted:

I just finished B&W a few days ago and man, I was not expecting that place at all. A highlight was accidentally squashing a tiny person in the Tom Thumb village and Geralt wiping them off his shoe. Whoops.

Palpek posted:

The only thing that disappointed me in the fairytale land was that the naked emperor wasn't Emhyr.

Holy crap. Did i miss both of these things!?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Philman posted:

At some point in the game you get a choice to either meet the elder vampire or do...some other thing. If you go after the vampire, which is what I did, you miss this apparently amazing questline with no warning :(

Well I have 150 hours to spare, guess I can do another playthrough

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Philman posted:

Haha, me too. Went to fairy land but didn't see either of those things.

Anyway, TW3 is one of, if not the, best games I've ever played. Like, holy poo poo, what a monumental achievement

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think my favorite thing about Witcher 3 actually is that it's saved me a ton of money on other old games. Built a new computer in November since I have some leisure time these days and was thinking I could catch up on a few games here and there.

So far, TW2 and TW3 are the only games installed on it. It's taken me since December to get to Blood and Wine and I'm already itching for a new play through since I didn't like the ending I got very much and I've skipped a ton of places and question marks. So at the rate I'm going, I should have seen everything i want to see by about, oh, 2020.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
it just twigged for me that when ciri talks about going to the sci fi world with people with metal in their heads that fight at a distance using megascopes and use flying ships to get around she's probably referencing cyberpunk 2077, not just some generic sci fi place. that's cool. now i'll expect a cameo when we get 2077 in a couple of years.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What carries over to new game +? Does the inventory chest carry over or should I bring my gear?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Ainsley McTree posted:

At some point in the game you get a choice to either meet the elder vampire or do...some other thing. If you go after the vampire, which is what I did, you miss this apparently amazing questline with no warning :(

Well I have 150 hours to spare, guess I can do another playthrough

Yeah it's best to make a 'point of no return' save at the Night of the Long Fangs quest. I did that to check out the other ending. Also make a save before talking to the Flint Girl in the Fablesphere because there are two endings related to whether you take her quest item or not.

Barry Foster posted:

Haha, me too. Went to fairy land but didn't see either of those things.

Anyway, TW3 is one of, if not the, best games I've ever played. Like, holy poo poo, what a monumental achievement

You would've seen the Emperor because he goes jogging past as soon as you get there! (along with the Pied Piper and a parade of rats).

The tiny village I only came across because I thought I might explore before planting the magic beans. There weren't any quests related to it and it was off the beaten path so easily missable. Also make sure you check out what lies at the end of the rainbow. ;)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I found out that it is possible for Ciri to get the wrong determination on what the Wolf King is during her mini sequence with the girl. If you don't exhaust all the investigation options when looking at the corpse she can think the werewolf is a fiend.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I'm impressed that they put in the effort for all these unique fail-states, when most players will go out of their way to avoid. Though the possibility of failure, and a big red X in your journal, makes you more inclined to succeed.

If you left the treacherous steward get away in King's Gambit the quest doesn't end because you failed to interrogate him, instead you follow his trail and find his corpse which leads you to the next clue.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
how many hours content is in the two dlcs relative to the main game? i'd only ever finished the base game before and barely started on hos. up to where i remember stopping - after first meeting with the 'Wild Ones'. these wankers are insufferable.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'd say HOS is about as long as the main game from the point of finding Ciri until the end. Don't worry about the Wild Ones, they are meant to be despicable, and they will soon exit.

BAW is very, very big, bigger than most standalone games.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Hearts of Stone: 10 Hours. Blood and Wine: 30 Hours.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Hearts of Stone: 10 Hours. Blood and Wine: 30 Hours.

Yeah, HoS is 10-15 and B&W is 30+. HoS is pretty focused and there's not much outside the main quest while B&W is a whole new zone the size and depth of any of the big overworld zones in the base game.

Base game is ballpark 100 hours for a fairly thorough playthrough, expansions are another 50 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Arcsquad12 posted:

What carries over to new game +? Does the inventory chest carry over or should I bring my gear?

Everything in your chest will still be there in NG+ but anything that isn't Aerondight will be outclassed fairly early on.