Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
In the Avengers Assemble Season 4 finale they did the classic "For Asgard!" "For Midgard!" For Myself!" bit, albeit with some changes to the people involved. :3:

Spoilers for the S4 final two episodes:
Jane Foster, having had a trapped Thor send Mjolnir to her as she drowned in The Beyonder's quicksand (I see what they did there...) in the penultimate episode, which she then uses and they team up. After Loki is defeated in the finale, having betrayed the Avengers, Jane is dubbed Thunderstrike and given her own hammer by Odin, modeled after the titular comics one.

I thought this season was better. They could have gone harder with Battleworld weirdness, but I imagine budget restrictions stopped too much of that. The new cast additions definitely gave it some much-needed variety, and they were a bit bolder with the uses of characters, if not the plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Whoa this show totally dropped off my radar. They did beyonder? Does he dress like he's going to the disco still?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

site posted:

Whoa this show totally dropped off my radar. They did beyonder? Does he dress like he's going to the disco still?

Hipster bearded dude dressed all in white, which is appropriate for now I suppose. There's a pic of him here: http://avengersassemble.wikia.com/wiki/Beyonder

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This is extremely disappointing

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Metalshark posted:

she drowned in The Beyonder's quicksand (I see what they did there...)

What did they do there? I've not caught up on the comics in a while.

Metalshark posted:

Hipster bearded dude dressed all in white, which is appropriate for now I suppose. There's a pic of him here: http://avengersassemble.wikia.com/wiki/Beyonder

The worst part about this are those suspenders. If you can warp reality, you can warp yourself a drat belt, good sir.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Quote is not edit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It looks like someone gave EgoKurt a makeover.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Did the animation for avengers ever improve or did it look like rear end all the way to the end?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

What did they do there? I've not caught up on the comics in a while.

quote:

Eric Kevin Masterson was working as an architect when he met Thor. Masterson was injured by falling girders, and was taken to the hospital by Thor. Now on crutches, Masterson was attacked by Quicksand*, but saved by Thor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderstrike_(Eric_Masterson)#Fictional_character_biography

*The villain, but Avengers Assemble went with actual quicksand courtesy of The Beyonder's powers instead. It's cute little nod to the original Thunderstrike.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Donald Glover was supposed to be working on an animated Deadpool show for FX but according to reports it's not going to happen. Apparently they didn't get much done before "creative differences" got in the way.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

muscles like this! posted:

Donald Glover was supposed to be working on an animated Deadpool show for FX but according to reports it's not going to happen. Apparently they didn't get much done before "creative differences" got in the way.

I mean, at this point, it is kind of weird to start something like that now anyway since Disney will suddenly be in charge before it even makes air. That's why I find it weird that Fox says they are still making the Phoenix movie. I guess they can't technically just roll over and make no money until the take over takes effect, but it seems like it does more harm than good to invest millions into something your new parent company almost certainly does not want.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I can respect the idea of acting without consideration for Disney's unstoppable tide of acquisition because gently caress them, they don't own you yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SlothfulCobra posted:

I can respect the idea of acting without consideration for Disney's unstoppable tide of acquisition because gently caress them, they don't own you yet.

Actually if you check up the chain of command you will find they do in fact own you.

We should be getting ready to praise overlord Micky eventually. Once Disney actually does own everything.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'll never surrender to Disney hegemony!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kk5NnG73qE

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cast for The Death of Superman:

https://iearths.blogspot.ca/2018/03/voice-cast-announced-for-death-of.html

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Didn’t they already do an animated movie of that one?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

business hammocks posted:

Yeah, but this going to be closer to the comic. It's going to be split in 2 parts, and the second will cover the Reign of Supermen with Eradicator, Cyborg Superman, Superboy, and Man of Steel, instead of having just a clone of Superman

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I was really hoping that the return of the red trunks in the comic would extend to the movies. Also miss Tim Daly as Supes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

business hammocks posted:

It's the ten-year anniversary of DC's direct-to-DVD animated movies, and they decided they weren't happy with Superman: Doomsday (which was the first one they did), so they're remaking it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I was really hoping that the return of the red trunks in the comic would extend to the movies. Also miss Tim Daly as Supes.

Yeah. Don't care that they're using the new 52 look for this.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Even weirder, isn't New 52 Superman actually an in universe different character than normal Superman? And didn't he get his own big death story so that he could be replaced with OG Superman? But I do suppose they might have started animating this before the decision to return to the classic design.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

Even weirder, isn't New 52 Superman actually an in universe different character than normal Superman? And didn't he get his own big death story so that he could be replaced with OG Superman? But I do suppose they might have started animating this before the decision to return to the classic design.

Actually they're technically the same person or something. Don't think about it too much.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The real tragedy here is that they're not using Burly Hairy Lex.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I wonder if the new movie will have this incredibly homoerotic scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91IZfMWoQtg

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

Yes and no? They explained it by saying that both N52 Supes and the OG Supes were one being or had their memory tampered with or something to explain the current Rebirth Superman. So it's kind of a Grant Morrison-esque "every story happened" thing... except I guess all the stories that contradict each other like Superman dating Wonder Woman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Samuringa posted:

I still can't get used to anyone but Clancy Brown voicing Lex.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I still can't get used to anyone but Clancy Brown voicing Lex.

Clancy Brown was the best, but Spike from Buffy gave it a good go.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Clancy Brown was the best, but Spike from Buffy gave it a good go.

Actually, Kevin Michael Richardson did a great Lex but much like everything in Brave and the Bold it was such a distinct take from the DCAU that I didn't even think of them as the same character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0g4-QKJd8c

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
https://twitter.com/warnerjp/status/978194854596497408?s=20

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Samuringa posted:

So did they gently caress after this or

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lurdiak posted:

Actually, Kevin Michael Richardson did a great Lex but much like everything in Brave and the Bold it was such a distinct take from the DCAU that I didn't even think of them as the same character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0g4-QKJd8c
He's basically Ultimate Supreme Executive Chairman Drek, which makes sense since Richardson also voiced Drek

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

achillesforever6 posted:

He's basically Ultimate Supreme Executive Chairman Drek, which makes sense since Richardson also voiced Drek

I'm still mad they recast Drek for the PS4 game and Movie, his new voice just doesn't have the right kind of slime to it

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
:nws:So, uh, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay has full, not in shadows nudity.:nws:

Also from the little bit I watched of it, it's R-rated violence with bloody deaths too. Kind of surprised this is the direction DC is willing to take their animated movies, a bit of a bold move. Not sure I like it to be honest.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Guessing everyone has already seen this, but if not:
https://nerdist.com/deadpool-animated-series-script-leaked-donald-glover/
Donald Glover leaked the script for the canceled animated Deadpool. Maybe trying to drum up enough excitement for it like the movie?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Edit: I'm an idiot.
Also, it isn't a production script, but rather a script poking fun of recent events including the cancellation of the project.

Anyway, after reading it, it comes off as pretty hastily written, since it was literally written in the past few days. I would hope that it wasn't indicative of what the show was going to be like.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 28, 2018

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The script isn't great. There's a couple of good jokes I guess, but mostly it comes off as super obnoxious. But I guess some people like Deadpool for that?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I mean, obnoxious jokes were pretty much all the movie was and it was super popular

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Android Blues posted:

The script isn't great. There's a couple of good jokes I guess, but mostly it comes off as super obnoxious. But I guess some people like Deadpool for that?

That's all Deadpool has ever been

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

ryonguy posted:

Also from the little bit I watched of it, it's R-rated violence with bloody deaths too. Kind of surprised this is the direction DC is willing to take their animated movies, a bit of a bold move. Not sure I like it to be honest.

That's nudity the same way a stripped Barbie doll is nudity and just as unsettling :barf: They continue to take their house style to new and horrible places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ryonguy posted:

I can't even tell what characters those are.