Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

pik_d posted:

This looks like they're legitimately apologizing for misplacing him

Hes with MH370 now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Williams, Sauber and Force India are in really bad shape right now.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:smith:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Sorry We Lost BILLY MONGER'S LEGS The Formula 4 Pedal Pushers

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Is Romain sitting on that guys lap? That's just adding insult to injury.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

lmao holy poo poo

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Oh my god I can't breathe

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Holy fuckin lol you did it again

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

Question:

Are force India and Williams gonna stay poo poo for the rest of the season or was it just weirdo Melbourne track?
discuss.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

:coolspot:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Williams will stay poo poo, Force India might not be. I don't think anybody was really ready for Haas and Renault (and McLaren I guess) to become good.

It's only been one race though, a bit tough to read too much into it. I think the midfield has expanded to cover a huge number of teams and the only genuine poo poo ones are Toro Rosso with their Honda gamble that likely won't pay off, and Sauber.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I vaguely expect STR to randomly be good at one race or another.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Williams were already on a downward trajectory then they decided to employ two bags of money instead of anyone who knows how to set up a car

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They need Pastor. This is not shitposting Pastor is legitimately five times better than either Williams driver right now

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They need Pastor. This is not shitposting Pastor is legitimately five times better than either Williams driver right now

Has there ever been a better pay driver than Pastor?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Sir Otkin was failed, he did not fail

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Glad to see the grid is becoming more diverse with the hiring of Serge Sir Otherkin.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iospace posted:

Pedro Diniz wasn't very good but could embarrass his non-pay-driver teammates on occasion. I actually think he's probably a good comp for Lance Stroll.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's also the playboy drivers of the pre-modern era (Peter Revson who was the heir to a legit billion-dollar fortune was probably the last notable one, though some people count Elio de Angelis as well) but those aren't really what we consider pay-drivers these days.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The FI guy seemed pretty confident on the qualy notebook yesterday that this wasn't indicative of their performance but I can't help but feel that they're not getting anywhere near 4th in the constructors for a while.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Sergey the Orkin Man, cleaning up the pests of the grid.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Does Peter Revson count as a pay driver?

E: too busy googling and got beaten by an eternity

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
a few really good drivers also had significant financial backing early in their careers to get a foot in the door, Niki Lauda is a good example.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Button as well iirc

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pretty sure Alonso had backers getting him his first ride with Minardi too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Virtually everyone does, unless they come out of a young driver program.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There is a wiki clearly written by Martin Brundle from the edits. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_driver

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Martin Brundle loving sucks and he is only got a job because Senna crashed into him and he survived Australia `96. Everyone in the paddock hates sky f1

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I really liked Martin Brundle when he was with Murray but without someone really fun to listen to, there's nothing balancing out his bad attitude and he becomes insufferable

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

DoctorGonzo posted:

Martin Brundle loving sucks and he is only got a job because Senna crashed into him and he survived Australia `96. Everyone in the paddock hates sky f1

I did enjoy that what little bit of the grid walk ESPN decided it was OK for us to see included Rosberg telling Brundle "the drivers dont want to talk to the press right now, especially you", to which Brundle replied "why especially me?" which got only an awkward look from Rosberg, no real answer.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brundle’s grid walks are somehow worse than Peter Windsor’s. I guess it’s because he’s actively loathed, rather than everyone just not caring about talking to Speed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I suspect Brundle and his cronies are going to get a shock soon. I mean honestly the sheer bollocks on them calling poo poo midfielder and crash magnet Johnny Herbert a “legend” is staggering. However this piss poor commentary is happening in America now and Americans aren’t exactly going to fall in love with some fat old men reliving glory days while constantly bitching and banging on and on about one single driver.

With them refusing Liberty’s request for them to shut the gently caress up after the race for 3 whole minutes so the theme music could be played, that old boys club will be lucky to last the season.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wouldn't call Herbert a legend but he had a good career considering how much he got hosed up by early injuries.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He’s dined out on that even more than Geldof has dined out on I don’t like Monday’s.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Liberty have been surprisingly good at listening to feedback so far, like they dropped the dumb branded poo poo almost instantly after hearing the backlash to it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they start looking at a US-specific commentary team.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If Liberty are serious about F1 TV I do suspect that they will get english-language world feed commentators before too long.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s really a lot simpler than that now.

“Chase Carey is an Irish-American executive. He is the chief executive officer and executive chairman of the Formula One Group. Carey is the Vice Chair of 21st Century Fox, and a Non-Executive Director at Sky plc.”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Varsha and Dario. Get it done, Chase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Kissing the guy on the mouth seems to send the wrong message but I guess that’s how they do things in France