Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

Oh, well maybe the answer then is less shark cards.

Throw in aggressive rear end cancer for the Housers and you've got a deal! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’ve never had mod money dumped on me, but I did get asked for it because I got so many kills so fast on Air Quota that I was accused of hacking.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

julian assflange posted:

Anyone want to predict a discount on CEO offices soon? Been grinding hard and want to buy one.
Also, if any PS4 goons fancy helping me with the first heist over the weekend let me know.

I'll be on after 2pm Pacific today. PSN same as here. Need a break from monster hunting, and an excuse to tool around in all the cool poo poo I've ground for.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cool I’ll add you and hopefully I can get a spare hour or two to play.

Just lost 400k by accidentally buying an apartment

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also gently caress people with bad connections playing the stock cars

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
it's nice to play dm and adversary modes after a nice big banwave as all the godmoders and aimbotters are gone :D

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

julian assflange posted:

Cool I’ll add you and hopefully I can get a spare hour or two to play.

Just lost 400k by accidentally buying an apartment

Kiavahr posted:

I'll be on after 2pm Pacific today. PSN same as here. Need a break from monster hunting, and an excuse to tool around in all the cool poo poo I've ground for.

JSprague24- I'll be on and off during the weekend.

E- just won a race by .028 seconds. Slipstream slingshot for the win. :smug:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 24, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Got a form reply:

"Your account is temporarily suspended from GTA Online. Your suspension expiration date is shown on the splash screen after being returned to Story Mode following an attempt to play online. In addition to being suspended, all GTA Online characters, progress and inventory on {PLATFORM} will be reset."

Yes, thank you. I will not be buying any more Rockstar games on {PLATFORM}.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SplitSoul posted:

Got a form reply:

"Your account is temporarily suspended from GTA Online. Your suspension expiration date is shown on the splash screen after being returned to Story Mode following an attempt to play online. In addition to being suspended, all GTA Online characters, progress and inventory on {PLATFORM} will be reset."

Yes, thank you. I will not be buying any more Rockstar games on {PLATFORM}.

Did you do any of the Hotring races?

https://twitter.com/GTAonlineNews/status/977888033868517379

EDIT: Just finished reading a few Reddit GTA Online threads. Jesus, what a clusterfuck.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 25, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah, I played them for a few hours, but they've already reset my char like the loving retards they are.

Doesn't matter, I've already uninstalled this broken pile of dogshit and I hope hackers and black market sellers take a hefty chunk of their profits forever.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They've reversed bans in the past without actually erasing everything.

They already removed the anti-cheat tunable from the hotring races, so they realize there's a problem.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Support has supposedly told people that the resets are irreversible. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You have to realize the person support is normally dealing with in this situation is a 12 year old who used a mod menu for god mode and doesn't think that should be bannable. The standard form responses are designed to make them stop whining.

In the past, people who have managed to appeal bans have had their characters restored.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Once again not playing this game turns out to be the correct choice.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

mutata posted:

Once again not playing this game turns out to be the correct choice.

Single player only, with all the mods you can load without crashing back to desktop.

Goddamn, GTA 4 was such a fickle yet satisfying bitch to mod. Loved LCPDFR.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Domestic Amuse posted:

Single player only, with all the mods you can load without crashing back to desktop.

Goddamn, GTA 4 was such a fickle yet satisfying bitch to mod. Loved LCPDFR.

I love the GTA V mod that has police act more realistically. Can't remember what it's called, but they actually put out appropriate APBs depending on how much of you they see. A good shot of your full face means they put out an APB for you specifically, while seeing you from behind gets a generic description like "black male" that you can disguise by changing clothes. They can also put out an APB on vehicles without putting one out for you if they can't see inside, so you can escape by changing vehicles and just laying low as you drive away.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
it'd be cool if they focused on that sort of gameplay in a future game before it ends up like saints row

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

chitoryu12 posted:

I love the GTA V mod that has police act more realistically. Can't remember what it's called, but they actually put out appropriate APBs depending on how much of you they see. A good shot of your full face means they put out an APB for you specifically, while seeing you from behind gets a generic description like "black male" that you can disguise by changing clothes. They can also put out an APB on vehicles without putting one out for you if they can't see inside, so you can escape by changing vehicles and just laying low as you drive away.

So pretty much how it works in single player? if I remember right?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
GTA 5's police AI is pretty basic. Arguably more so than GTA 4. No matter what, as long as you have stars the cops are always heading directly for your position.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BitBasher posted:

So pretty much how it works in single player? if I remember right?

The vanilla version always homes in on you and it’s really hard to shake them by changing vehicles. But the flip side to the APB system is that it lasts longer than your wanted level, so you can lose the cops but need to change vehicles or appearance as long as the APB is active because otherwise a passing cop may spot you.

It also changes their behavior so they scale up from low-speed chases and melee attacks at 1 star, with authorization being given for ramming or lethal force depending on how dangerous you are.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pretty sure you can already escape from them if you change car when you're out of sight, as long as you don't drive right up to a cop car you can go about your business with much less attention.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Pretty sure you can already escape from them if you change car when you're out of sight, as long as you don't drive right up to a cop car you can go about your business with much less attention.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/better-chases-arrest-warrant

This is the mod I was using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtajYvsPJMc

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Wait wait, how does changing clothes make you no longer a black male?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

davebo posted:

JNCO's and frosted tips go a long ways.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

davebo posted:

Uh it's called "content" and gamers would thank you to welcome more asinine poo poo like this

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

History Comes Inside! posted:

You absolutely could. You knew if you did it when the central marker on the radar goes dark. You could get much closer to cops then without them spotting you. This worked much less well if you were in a convertible or such.

You already lose a star if you are outside of COP LOS and take off a mask if you had the mask on when you earned the stars.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh hey there went all my goddamn money.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Ellie and Tezeract are out for those who aren't too banned to enjoy them. Get ready to see grey cars with black stripes everywhere you look.

The ellie is an interesting combination of different mustangs/muscle cars. The hood is tied to the exhaust for some reason. and you can't move/modify the fog lights.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Powershift posted:

Get ready to see grey cars with black stripes everywhere you look. [/timg]
I already did this with the rapid gt classic because Im an idiot and thought it was supposed to be a mustang. :downs:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Looks bad

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
One of the Zancudo hangars is 50% off. But didn't people say air cargo is annoying and not worth the time? Should I not bother?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ElwoodCuse posted:

One of the Zancudo hangars is 50% off. But didn't people say air cargo is annoying and not worth the time? Should I not bother?

It takes a lot of missions to get a decently profitable amount of cargo, and the delivery missions are long and can be more difficult than expected. I failed mine on the very last delivery when my Hunter's engines suddenly failed after taking a ton of ground fire from each stop.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

you only get 1 crate per person, 4 people, 4 crates. zero people, ZE-RO CRATES.

it's only worth it if you have 3 friends. owning the hangar is required to own all the good planes/helis so you might need one eventually anyways.

Regular crate sales are doubled this week, so just do that if you want money.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also keep in mind that some Import/Export crate missions can be completely impossible to get total profit on if you don't have friends, because you can only carry one crate per person and you'll suddenly get a mission where it's 4 helicopters all flying with individual crates that need to be shot down, or you need to recover crates from a plane crash. Unless you're a perfect driver or have convenient helicopter landing points between the crate and your warehouse, you may not have enough time to shuttle every crate back individually.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

ElwoodCuse posted:

I bought the cheapest hangar, and the workshop since it was on sale. You need the workshop if you want to mod the planes. I bought a Rouge and fully upgraded it. Now, I launch it and wreck folks when they won't leave me alone. The workshop also allows you to paint your existing personal aircraft, so you can finally have that hot pink Hydra you've always wanted : )

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Tezeract takes tint to the windshield lol

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Getting a Hangar at Zancudo exempts from from the immediate five star bonanza as well

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
A hangar at 50% off is potentially worth it to store your cool air vehicles. I think the Akula requires a hangar and that's reason right there.

But never run the air crate missions. They're tedious, bad, or tediously bad.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I collected my first crates (just the normal crates) and some prick stole one of them. Hard to compete when you have no good gear haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Hangar Missions are miserable but you should at least do enough of them to get all the discounts.

Do not buy a Hangar as a way to make money, it's a money sink.