Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Do we have to be part of the Majlis to vote? If not, I'd like to vote:

A
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Does it really make sense for the Mahdist posters to partake in this vote? Afterwards is fair game but it’s weird for the crushing of the Mahdi to directly make the Majlis more religiously extremist.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
AA

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

AA

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

A and A. Knowing our luck, Tirruni will hear of our negotiations if we pick C and gently caress everything up.

This. Also, even if Morocco fully commits to the war in our favor (which they won't), they can't even fight off Greece or Egypt at the moment. Let's just be patient and hope for a future opportunity to retake the rest of Iberia when Tirruni dies.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
1 - A
2 - A

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
A
A

Gives us a goal for Victoria and an excuse for rabid ethnic nationalism and jingoism.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Above all else: since we can't beat Tirruni and unite Iberia then for gently caress's sake IT'S TIME TO TAKE THE STRAITS.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
1 - A
2 - A

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
A and A.

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016
1 - A
2- A

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I agree that the Madhi-ists should be purged from this vote. Those takfiri got what they deserved, and they don't get to slink back now and poison Al-Andalus again.

AA, we need a Constitutuon and stick by our allies (and aim to inveigle ourselves into the Iberian court so we can take it over).

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
A & A

When papa Tirruni takes his long sleep his stupid son will give us back what's ours...until then stay the course.

I would also imagine outlawing slavery will make the French our friends not enemies in the long run, which will be odd.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
A & A

We did it lads

We finally found a decision where pissing off the moors ISN'T comically self destructive, and is in fact a sensible choice

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

unwantedplatypus posted:

Does it really make sense for the Mahdist posters to partake in this vote? Afterwards is fair game but it’s weird for the crushing of the Mahdi to directly make the Majlis more religiously extremist.

Hey, i'm a long time Monarchist agitator but that won't stop me from granting the Majlis my wise & just voice. Speaking of,

B & B, this is the fate of a country which spurns its kings!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

AC is the cool choice of a new generation.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Captain Oblivious posted:

A & A

We did it lads

We finally found a decision where pissing off the moors ISN'T comically self destructive, and is in fact a sensible choice

A & A

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Hmm, there's nothing stopping us telling Tirruni about how loyal we are and asking for more war subsidies after the fact, as we'll already have demonstrated our loyalty he'll be somewhat indebted to us (although would need us less). Except enemies might be a bit more wary of treating with us in the future. Minor potential reward, minor damage.
Maybe we could ask for what we really need too, volounteer manpower (at the cost of bit of a Tirruni spy network in Al Andalus).

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 26, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

unwantedplatypus posted:

What Madhists? I am simply a representative from the newly-annexed territories.

Who just happens to be exceedingly pious and fervently pro-Sunni.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

1 - A
2 - A

there's plenty of time to turn on Tirunni after we take back Qattanaya and Tangiers from the perfidious Moroccans with his help

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
1 - A
2 - A

Let's not gently caress it up this time, folks. Build up the army and be ready to rush forth in the inevitable post-Tirunni shitstorm.

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

1A
2A

Abolishing slavery is good. Deciding to ally the country we just beat off Iberia is extraodinarily stupid, even for the Majlis (probably.).

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
AAAAAAAA

would be for the best, I feel.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

1 - A
2 - A

Slavery is a no-no and Tirruni-held lands will implode in a myriad countries when the man dies. This is so sensible and has so much thread support that I'm sure it will end up in disaster for us; something like Tirruni dying early on, France turning on us and almoravid colonians invading Iberia en masse

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Pacho posted:

something like Tirruni dying early on

This is actually a possibility. There's a death event and possible empire-fracturing follow-up with a very small chance of firing in 1821, but the possibility increases yearly, so by the late 1830s (when Tirruni will be nearing 70 years of age) it becomes much more likely.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
Al-Andalus Ascendant!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
By 1837 we should be pretty well recovered if Tirruni doesn't go totally nuts and invade Smolensk and Novgorod at the same time.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

habeasdorkus posted:

By 1837 we should be pretty well recovered if Tirruni doesn't go totally nuts and invade Smolensk and Novgorod at the same time.

And really, who would ever do that?

Strange Forest
Mar 4, 2015
A and C

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
AA

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The Tirruni Empire is just some bratty kid on a power trip, it's no use to us to antagonize them when we can make use of them until they inevitably fall apart on their own.

Morocco is the true enemy.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

AA

The Tirruni Empire is the Austria to our Prussia in the fight for the reunification of Al-Andalus. We can fight them in a hegemony war in Victoria 2.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I'll close the session in a few hours when I have the time to actually sit down and count the votes, but yeah it looks like we're gonna continue helping Tirruni conquer his way across Europe. He's not facing much opposition at the moment (plenty of time for that to change though), but the only way to actually end the war is by taking it to Africa, which we’ll need a navy to do.

That's not gonna be easy, we’re very badly outnumbered by the Berbers on the seas, but I suppose that subsidy money has to go somewhere.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Are the Berbers so vigilant that we can't slip past them?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean it IS rather fitting that the only thing stopping the Revolutionary conqueror and his allies is the vast Navy of the colonial empire just across a small channel from them

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Rodyle posted:

I mean it IS rather fitting that the only thing stopping the Revolutionary conqueror and his allies is the vast Navy of the colonial empire just across a small channel from them

They've usually got at least 10 ship-of-the-lines in the straits at any one time, which we can beat if we have around 50% more of the same ships (they've got a big advantage in naval doctrines), but it'll be a while before I can pump those ships out. In addition to that, I'll have to construct a fair few transport vessels, enough to ferry the entirety of my army across the straits if need be - because I've got no clue how many soldiers the Berbers have running about the Maghreb, especially since they got a boost to their manpower with that Almoravid India event in the last update.

It'll be a risk I have to take though, no matter what, so it'll be fun to see whether our first assault on mainland Africa in centuries ends in victory or disaster. And whether Tirruni is sly enough to take advantage of whatever happens.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

It'll be a risk I have to take though, no matter what, so it'll be fun to see whether our first assault on mainland Africa in centuries end in victory or disaster.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Spending absurd amounts of money to build a grand navy on the fly is a tradition as old as the Punic War.

On that note, I’m glad we’re going delenda est on Morocco. Hopefully Tirruni takes notice.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Hashim posted:

They've usually got at least 10 ship-of-the-lines in the straits at any one time, which we can beat if we have around 50% more of the same ships (they've got a big advantage in naval doctrines), but it'll be a while before I can pump those ships out. In addition to that, I'll have to construct a fair few transport vessels, enough to ferry the entirety of my army across the straits if need be - because I've got no clue how many soldiers the Berbers have running about the Maghreb, especially since they got a boost to their manpower with that Almoravid India event in the last update.

It'll be a risk I have to take though, no matter what, so it'll be fun to see whether our first assault on mainland Africa in centuries ends in victory or disaster. And whether Tirruni is sly enough to take advantage of whatever happens.

How bad can it be if they got kicked out of Libya and are losing to the Greeks?

Then again this is the AI we're talking about... Losing to Crusader Egypt is probably more indicative than their ability to move troops to Greece. 80K troops in the Maghrebi mountains gunning down wave after wave of Morrocans until they run out of manpower and dinars for mercenaries should do.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

RA Rx posted:

How bad can it be if they got kicked out of Libya and are losing to the Greeks?

Then again this is the AI we're talking about... Losing to Crusader Egypt is probably more indicative than their ability to move troops to Greece. 80K troops in the Maghrebi mountains gunning down wave after wave of Morrocans until they run out of manpower and dinars for mercenaries should do.

Yeah, I don't think the Egyptians ever actually defeated the Berbers, but the Almoravids felt the need to move their 25k stack besieging Alexandria to the Balearic islands instead, abandoning the progress they'd made up until that point. Just paradox AI, I guess.