Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
1500quid review Hamm's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

1500quid review Hamm's

Beer brewed in the region of sky blue waters

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I used to drink shitloads of craft beer and IPAs and whatever and now I almost exclusively drink Rainier and Hamm's. Getting old FTW

I'd drink Yuengling too if it was available in the west.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Drink Asahi and watch anime.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Wirth1000 posted:

Drink Asahi and watch anime.

I drank Asahi and ate some good rear end ramen in Vancouver a couple weeks ago. The waitstaff sounded like anime characters, does this count?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I used to drink shitloads of craft beer and IPAs and whatever and now I almost exclusively drink Rainier and Hamm's. Getting old FTW

I'd drink Yuengling too if it was available in the west.

I am still a big proponent of craft beers but it frustrates me to no end how hit and miss it is. If you can brew a lovely IPA and load it up with hops you will make hand over fist in the craft beer market and beer snobs will love it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

I am still a big proponent of craft beers but it frustrates me to no end how hit and miss it is. If you can brew a lovely IPA and load it up with hops you will make hand over fist in the craft beer market and beer snobs will love it.

I still like a lot of the original older west-coast IPAs I've tried, like, I'd totally be fine with getting a Racer 5 if it was available and Elysian down the street from my place makes some really good classy ones as well.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

McGuinty posted:

I drank Asahi and ate some good rear end ramen in Vancouver a couple weeks ago. The waitstaff sounded like anime characters, does this count?

:hai:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Asian beers are dogshit. The Japanese make a mean whisky though.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Beer in general is poo poo to be objectively factual here.

Hot sake.... now that's the shiznet.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Sorry to hear about your lobotomy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Usually I stare at the endless varieties of IPAs that will inevitably disappoint me and just end up going home with Coors/Pabst/High Life. Or Two Hearted if I decide I actually want an IPA. Two Hearted: the good beer that never lets you down.

Fun fact: you can actually get tired of Yuengling.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Usually I went by the same rule that works with BBQ sauce where the cheaper the graphic design on the label, the better it usually is.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Like I'd trust the opinion of a man who spent several years constantly projectile vomiting...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Usually I went by the same rule that works with BBQ sauce where the cheaper the graphic design on the label, the better it usually is.

This and also if you see a picture of a hop anywhere on the packaging don't buy it are both very good rules of thumb to go buy.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Spotted Cow for the win. One nice thing about living 15 minutes away from Wisconsin.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Just lol I'd you read this thread sober.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm more of a cider gal, here.

Though it is my greatest shame as a Wisconsinite that I have yet to have a spotted cow.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

iospace posted:

Though it is my greatest shame as a Wisconsinite that I have yet to have a spotted cow.

It's excellent. I had my first one a couple years back when my wife and I lunched at the great burger bar in Beloit. It was one of those Barney Gumble, "Where have you been all my life!?!?" moments. We hit the brewery last fall and I brought home three cases.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WescottF1 posted:

It's excellent. I had my first one a couple years back when my wife and I lunched at the great burger bar in Beloit. It was one of those Barney Gumble, "Where have you been all my life!?!?" moments. We hit the brewery last fall and I brought home three cases.

I've heard so much.

Though every now and then you get an out of state place getting busted for selling it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

iospace posted:

Ugh that reminds me I need to make a beer run to Hudson to pick up some Spotted Cow and Two Women.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

iospace posted:

I've heard so much.

Though every now and then you get an out of state place getting busted for selling it.

Buddy always teases me when he goes on a run and tags me in the posts saying he just committed an interstate crime for bringing it back across the Cheddar Curtain.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont know what you are talking about

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont know what you are talking about

1500quidporsche posted:

Sorry to hear about your lobotomy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I was at COTA today for the Pirelli race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgrhqgqNOfA

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iospace posted:

Dickens Cider? :v:

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Good race. ESPN coverage was loving poo poo straight out of an AIDS rear end in a top hat. Most of the action happened during commercial breaks, no replays of course.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lPtr6dQrnY

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pycckuu posted:

Good race. ESPN coverage was loving poo poo straight out of an AIDS rear end in a top hat. Most of the action happened during commercial breaks, no replays of course.

ESPN doesn't have control over the replays, and NBC had limited control as well, so I'm not going to hold that to them.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
They could easily put their own replays up after an ad break (which they do control) if anything noteworthy happened, but that would require effort at levels more than "zero" so don't hold your breath Americans.

simble
May 11, 2004

iospace posted:

ESPN doesn't have control over the replays, and NBC had limited control as well, so I'm not going to hold that to them.

The difference is context. Brundle and Croft don't know when ESPN is cutting to a commercial so they can't explain what we missed. Diffey and co, knew we came back from a commercial break and they could explain what was going on, and replay radio communications that were missed.

This ESPN poo poo is mega garbage.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

POCKET CHOMP posted:

They could easily put their own replays up after an ad break (which they do control) if anything noteworthy happened, but that would require effort at levels more than "zero" so don't hold your breath Americans.

IIRC, it's not allowed to cut away from the world feed during race. The world feed has to be shown uninterrupted (option channels are allowed though, of course).

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

I would remind all of the U.S people in this thread (along with 39 other countries at launch) that sometime this year Liberty will be launching F1 TV Pro which will stream all the races ad-free for $12 a month. UK, Aus and us Canadian schmucks are SOL for now (among other regions that I can't remember off the top of my head). Apparently they will be aggressively blocking VPN services so unless you've got a grandma in one of the lucky countries you can convince to let you roll your own tunnel, tough poo poo.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

simble posted:

The difference is context. Brundle and Croft don't know when ESPN is cutting to a commercial so they can't explain what we missed. Diffey and co, knew we came back from a commercial break and they could explain what was going on, and replay radio communications that were missed.

This ESPN poo poo is mega garbage.

Welcome to what we have had to deal with in Canada for the last 5 years or so.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

tuo posted:

IIRC, it's not allowed to cut away from the world feed during race. The world feed has to be shown uninterrupted (option channels are allowed though, of course).

I haven't ever actually heard of that aside from people speculating as to why broadcasters don't do the exact kind of replays we're talking about, but if it's true then I'll cheerfully admit that I'm wrong.

BTW Ferrari owns.

(please do not manipulate this post in any way, shape, or form, TIA)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I haven't ever actually heard of that aside from people speculating as to why broadcasters don't do the exact kind of replays we're talking about, but if it's true then I'll cheerfully admit that I'm wrong.

BTW Ferrari sucks.

(please do not manipulate this post in any way, shape, or form, TIA)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

POCKET CHOMP posted:

The commenters on German Sky constantly bitched about this, like "we would like to show it again, but we are not allowed to switch away from the world feed....but we just looked at a replay we can't show you, and this is what we saw...". They had this argument at least two times per weekend, so I guess this rule is valid for all stations?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

POCKET CHOMP posted:

BTW Ferrari suuuuuccccccckkkkkksssss.

(please do manipulate this post in any way, shape, or form, TIA)

Dude like I am following orders here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m hoping the streaming service will be available for me but I live in a small Asian country without a big F1 fan base so I’m not hopeful. For now I’m stuck with my girlfriend’s cable package, which shows the Sky feed and has an English option but cuts according to the Chinese commentary, not the English feed, so sometimes Crofty and Brundle get cut off in the middle of a sentence so they can play a quick commercial for chicken essence.