Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

FoldableHuman posted:

I men, NitW isn't exactly coy about its real world parallels painting the modern Christofascist Republican platform as a literal death cult that deserves to die at the bottom of a collapsed mine shaft and be forgotten for all time.

We already know that NitW's Satanic conspiracy plot is stupid, no need to underline it like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Dragonatrix posted:

Same on both fronts. I would hope something that's just like historical information like what Ian provides ends up being fine.

General education doesn't strike me as the kind of thing that would be the primary concern, especially compared to insane enthusiasts showing off ~killing potential~ or whatever via fruit and other junk. Or is that just done for swords?

If I made a montage of YouTubers shooting watermelons it would be years long.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

the anti-watermelon agenda must be stopped

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
https://twitter.com/Diamandahagan/status/978018427930644482

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

We already know that NitW's Satanic conspiracy plot is stupid, no need to underline it like that.

Yes yes yes, you can't get off to anything but Finnegans Wake, you don't need to remind every one every single time.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
stop responding to BravestOfTheLamps

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
It would be interesting as to what constitutes Youtubes new anti-gun propaganda guidelines. The Great War does crossover specials with a gun expert about the various firearms used by all the major warring nations but it is presented in an entirely educational manner. Would it be safe? From Youtubes track record in letting its bots do all the policing probably not.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

FoldableHuman posted:

Yes yes yes, you can't get off to anything but Finnegans Wake, you don't need to remind every one every single time.

The growing laundry list of evils that Night in the Woods appears to denounce - capitalism, Baby Boomer selfishness, and now Christofascism and Republicanism - brings to mind the "flexibility" of the conspiracy in Get Out as a metaphor, where it seemed to stretch to cover any possible social issue related to black American life. The truth is that the metaphor covers it all so well is because it doesn't cover much anything in particular. And as with Get Out, with NitW there's extreme evasiveness about what the central evil is on a literal level as opposed to metaphorical one: despite being a story that hinges upon evils committed by a religious cult, absolutely no one cares about the theme of cultism except as a rhetorical device ("death cults"). Like any Lovecraftian story, Night in the Woods is crap about saying anything about the topic, because Lovecraftian horror's reliance on evil cults is a product of reactionary mind fearful of and obsessed with conspiracy - it is in itself cultism.. It's idiotic to say that the game's central metaphor denounces "Christofascism" when it's exactly the kind of thing you hear from Christian fascists: Satanists making people disappear into secret underground spaces.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 25, 2018

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You will not get good-faith dialog out of BotL. When pressed, he will accuse you of being a child predator and then run away.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

The kingdom of Haganistan NEEDS NO ALLIES, ONLY WORSHIPERS OR BURNING HUSKS!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

DoctorWhat posted:

You will not get good-faith dialog out of BotL. When pressed, he will accuse you of being a child predator and then run away.

being banned and probated for a month is 'running away' huh

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Wait a moment, does Channel Awesome actually plan a 10 anniversary video? Because, who is going to show up at this point?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

e X posted:

Wait a moment, does Channel Awesome actually plan a 10 anniversary video? Because, who is going to show up at this point?

Brad.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maybe they can get amazing atheist to come back and yell racial slurs or threaten women. He seems closer to the general spirit of the site than most of the producers, anyway.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
I had no idea Chris Stuckman was a channel awesome guy but it makes so much sense.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

If they actually want an anniversary anybody will care about they have to fire Michaud and make amends with everyone they’ve pissed off. So nobody will care.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I couldn't imagine Some Jerk With A Camera leaving, dude's firmly up Doug's rear end like the worst fanboy. It'd take some serious arm-twisting or a direct offence to get him to shift.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cosmically_cosmic posted:

I had no idea Chris Stuckman was a channel awesome guy but it makes so much sense.

He came to CA after the fact with SFDebris and the Team Four Star people as a part of Michaud's post-Chez Apocalypse crew exodus talent grab. He's probably one of the few people form whom joining Channel Awesome was a legit step down for. So I don't even know why the hell he's there either.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

SteelMentor posted:

I couldn't imagine Some Jerk With A Camera leaving, dude's firmly up Doug's rear end like the worst fanboy. It'd take some serious arm-twisting or a direct offence to get him to shift.

Yeah I see him and Joe being the type to go down with the ship.

Nash is one I'm not sure at all about.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

You might as well call him Mike X, because MikeJ is an EX CA LOL WTF BBQ

https://twitter.com/TheOnlyMikeJ/status/978037296808321026

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

lornekates posted:

You might as well call him Mike X, because MikeJ is an EX CA LOL WTF BBQ

https://twitter.com/TheOnlyMikeJ/status/978037296808321026

Oh hey its that guy! I don't suppose anyone has a handy list of whose gone and whose staying? Kinda hard to keep track of even the people I do still watch like Todd.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

He came to CA after the fact with SFDebris and the Team Four Star people as a part of Michaud's post-Chez Apocalypse crew exodus talent grab. He's probably one of the few people form whom joining Channel Awesome was a legit step down for. So I don't even know why the hell he's there either.

So with the current exodus who is CA gonna hire for talent, DarkSydePhil?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I can't wait for the 10th anniversary special, with DSP, The Blockbuster Buster and the Fanservice Feista guy teaming up to rescue Doug from the evil Lord Mi'cha'ud.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Leal posted:

So with the current exodus who is CA gonna hire for talent, DarkSydePhil?

I mean, he and Doug would be able to bond over not being able to figure out how anything works.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PASS THE MASH posted:

If they actually want an anniversary anybody will care about they have to fire Michaud and make amends with everyone they’ve pissed off. So nobody will care.
Isn't Michaud one of the owners of the site? I don't think it's that simple.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Marzgurl reblogged a compilation of CA's litany of poo poo, for those who are interested but don't want to track down details scattered across the Twitterverse.

ETA:

FlamingLiberal posted:

Isn't Michaud one of the owners of the site? I don't think it's that simple.

Fire him from life :black101:

Film it and release the video as the new anniversary event.

Add in game show elements.

Puppy Time fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 26, 2018

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

SteelMentor posted:

He won't leave, he and Blockbuster Buster are the stars of the 10th anniversary.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
the CA stuff has been really jarring to read over the past week because I'm finding out I share a last name with some massive shitweasel named Mike

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Miss Wallace posted:

He won't leave, he and Blockbuster Buster are the stars of the 10th anniversary.

The sad part is I can't tell if you're joking or not.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I feel compared to the poo poo he's seen within his own site, that CA is a cakewalk, actually I do think he would eventually cut ties with CA

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel compared to the poo poo he's seen within his own site, that CA is a cakewalk, actually I do think he would eventually cut ties with CA

He did just tweet this a couple days ago, though.

https://twitter.com/thecinemasnob/status/977217064229154816

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Jake's take on the whole thing if anyone is interested

Think i saw bane getting involved in there too. Less "Walker was right" and more "bout time you left the sinking ship, why didn't you support Lordkat when he was talking about this" from a couple people.

Can we just keep this thread open a bit longer until this all plays out? Better to end than start on drama. It's taking me back a bit to the days of Reviewtopia.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

somekindofguy posted:

"bout time you left the sinking ship, why didn't you support Lordkat when he was talking about this"

Because Jason is a serial abuser who largely spends his time sending his time sending his "LK Army" after random teenagers on Tumblr, various sexual assault survivors on YouTube with 200 subs, his buddies' ex-girlfriends, and basically anyone lse he considers to be "cringy."

Just in case anyone's wondering why very few people supported LordKat when he was talking about this.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

somekindofguy posted:

Can we just keep this thread open a bit longer until this all plays out? Better to end than start on drama. It's taking me back a bit to the days of Reviewtopia.

I don't think the drama will end so soon. It might go on for the next month.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FoldableHuman posted:

Because Jason is a serial abuser who largely spends his time sending his time sending his "LK Army" after random teenagers on Tumblr, various sexual assault survivors on YouTube with 200 subs, his buddies' ex-girlfriends, and basically anyone lse he considers to be "cringy."

Just in case anyone's wondering why very few people supported LordKat when he was talking about this.
Funny how its an army now when back when it was a mafia is probably 10x bigger

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

achillesforever6 posted:

Funny how its an army now when back when it was a mafia is probably 10x bigger

Sorry, that's on me, I forgot that Jason calls his harassment brigade a Mafia.

It's like trying to remember which pundit's avatar is wearing a tophat and which one is the bust of a dead monarch.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Cringe culture was a mistake. Much like everything.

Now I have to wonder if the peanut gallery over at the CA forums is still chugging along, making knockoff reviews and aspiring to something greater. Ah nostalgia.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

somekindofguy posted:

I was thinking the same thing, for the same reasons.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I just came into this thread for the first time in a while and I have no clue what the gently caress is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Raycevick analyzes Max Payne 3, 6 years later.

• Locked thread