Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

The idiot hellclowns of Nazca take some pride in blunting Man's meteoric rise and uncoming easy victory into a 2nd or 3rd place ranking despite being irrelevant since turn 1 :toot:

I'm not sure what the other guys on Pankor 5 think his 10 billion longbowmen and infinite worm wages are going to do when I die in about 2 turns.

Hopefully come pay me a visit. I would love some worm mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i won a game!

i took reinvig barkskin and etherealness bless. by the end of the game my bless looked like this

because of all of the thrones.

as you can maybe see from the graphs, the yomi player was replaced halfway through and then yomi gave away all of their gems and gold and went on a retard strength rampage across the entire world, attacking everyone and destroying all of the buildings it could get its hands on. as i was under water i did not get attacked and i just took their backlines. Because of all of these gems and extremely powerful diplomancy of just asking people for poo poo since they were going to go ai i had at points 200+ of every gem type aside from nature. I used this to forge multiple rings of wizardry and staffs of elemental mastery so my kind of mediocre but diverse mages could do all kinds of dumb poo poo like make forts in every throne from the safety of my capital or make telkhines who then could cast wind of death, acid rain, fog warriors etc. Therodos is loving strong as heck!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
At the very end, I had collected 500+ water gems as Niefelheim, with the sole purpose of trapping Therodos under water via Sea of Ice. But, if you look closely at the research graph, you'll notice that Niefelheim was a bit... down on its luck. So I took like ten times as long as I had originally planned to get the necessary research. Also, as soon as I cast Sea of Ice, my pretender got eaten by a horror and Therodos won, so all those gems were utterly wasted. :v:

There was even a last-minute-effort of me pooling all my ice devils and other blood-magic derived crap to get an army large enough to push Therodos back from two of his thrones, but that effort was at least 3 more turns away from even getting started. Mostly due to me needing to combine my three largest armies into one to have even a tiny chance to crush one of Therodo's armies.

Libluini: The slowest player (sad trombone)

Absum
May 28, 2013

wtf I had the most provinces? I didn't do anything but sit on my rear end and press end turn for 30 turns because I apparently severely dislike playing kailasa or something idk

I would say I shouldn't have gone AI but I wouldn't have done anything to stop game ending anyway

e: I was just spamming temples and doing the epic waters + wrath + dark skies dom push strat

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
In another Sceleria playthough, far away and not very long ago...

Skeletons bravely held back the hordes of the wolf men for over 100 turns, until the cowardly attackers turned to flee at the 100 turn limit. But thanks to Rigor Mortis everyone was fatigued out and just kind of sat around staring at each other.

Then the battle hit turn 200 and the game killed everything remaining on the battlefield to stop the fight taking infinite time.

The end.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm pretty sure this is suboptimal, but I had the goofiest idea pop into my head this morning:
Larger Bless
Niefel Jarl
Stymphalian Wings

Just picture a whole flock.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm pretty sure this is suboptimal, but I had the goofiest idea pop into my head this morning:
Larger Bless
Niefel Jarl
Stymphalian Wings

Just picture a whole flock.

☑️ Nation doesn't start with E
☑️ All Stymphalian Wings must be forged by your god
☑️ Niefel sprite is indeed slightly larger with larger active

It's a good plan go with it.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
An Actually Good thing to do with Stymphalian Wings is to put them on Golems who can also cast Body Ethereal and Astral Shield. They make very strong thugs that can fly around your opponent's lands and take out infinity PD since they are lifeless and mindless and therefore immune to fatigue and many other things that end up killing thugs.

However if your Stymphalian Wing Golem Thug meets another Stymphalian Wing Golem Thug you get some very embarrassing fights:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Rock'Em Sock'Em Golems!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Boing posted:

An Actually Good thing to do with Stymphalian Wings is to put them on Golems who can also cast Body Ethereal and Astral Shield. They make very strong thugs that can fly around your opponent's lands and take out infinity PD since they are lifeless and mindless and therefore immune to fatigue and many other things that end up killing thugs.

However if your Stymphalian Wing Golem Thug meets another Stymphalian Wing Golem Thug you get some very embarrassing fights:

I was loving my mental image of flying giants, but this here is better in every conceivable way.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The game Surrounded by Enemies is over and Pan, who I played, won it. It was a game featuring MA Ermor and was p much a textbook game which displayed why Ermor is normally banned, and why MA Pan should also be banned.

It took place on a Cartographic Revision'd map, which was great. Good spread of province types, the map was logically laid out with playability firmly in mind. 100% would recommend, thanks again Corbeau for making it. Here is the map (at the end):

As you may see it had a big ol' lake for Ys, and sundry ponds for other nations, almost none of which were actually claimed due to the Ermor Hellwar situation which I feel should be discussed.

Ermor is a dangerous nation in terms of fighting ability, due to it producing scads of longdeads with decent stats, and multiple sacreds that all do useful and different things (albeit less than in the past due to bless changes and a reduction in their pretender points due to starting with Death 3 scales).

More importantly, it also absolutely wrecks the map due to killing a significant % of population anywhere it its dominion. Here is the area in our game which had absolutely 0 income / PD potential, with most around it having hundreds, rather than thousands of people living there (this was a relatively contained Ermor outbreak):

Because of this feature, games featuring Ermor are dominated by a few things:

1) Forming a Coalition to Defeat Ermor. These nations will be producing troops that are not necessarily the best ones to kill other nations. They are also likely to produce quite a lot of priests they wouldn't normally. There may be tragic casualty nations between the CDE and Ermor.

2) Ensuring, as far as possible, that the CDE states are not killed by other players who didn't buy a bunch of H2 priests / that CDE members do not split off and not kill Ermor before Ermor dies and casts more Burden of Time, because it tends to be at least briefly on the back foot after a big expansion phase.

3) Deciding who gets to keep the Ermorian capital after it's all said and done. This will always provide quite a lot of death gems (9 on the default setting, Ermor now gains additional death gems with Temples that push its horrible dominion). Many of the players fighting Ermor will gain almost nothing, as their land is not worth gold, so this has the potential to be quite contentious.

4) The rest of the world watching in dismay as the guys who beat Ermor then Become Ermor due to the death gem income it provides.

In this game the major CDE states were:

- Pan (very mobile, good troops, lots of H2 priests and unparalleled scouting)
- Pythium (lot of priests and astral, also a Lore Enemy of Ermor, kinda)
- Man (sound ally, good, peaceful borderer. IIRC took a Morrigna pretender, which pretty much single handedly caused their demise due to being overpriced and not good at fighting)
- Bandar Log (I think helped?, was attacked quite badly by Ys and protected from the worst of Ermor by a mountain range)
- Ulm (stalwart and productive ally until the hellwar was just about over, solid troops, player's first game and they did well)

Butterfly under the wheel state du jeux was Eriu, which Pan discovered with Ermor pretty much on their cap, while they were heroically carving out a logistics path towards Ermor so they could fight it. Some acrimony when attacks into Panic supply lines rather than attacking Ermor created mass casualties on themselves, but not a true Hitler Retard Betrayer state because their frustration was understandable and also their attacks didn't disrupt the war plan whatsoever so no hard feelings.

Ashdod and Agartha were pretty much the only nations not engaged directly in fighting with/for Ermor (because they were not positioned for it at all) and were involved in fighting Secondary Hitler state Ys, which Ashdod lost to badly and Agartha beat in one battle underwater, causing them to ragequit, at which point Agartha took over all of Ashdod but actually lost the Ysian capital to the AI and never recovered it.

And the HRB states were:

- Ti'en Ch'i, who attacked Pythium about 3 turns before the war would have been done, dragging the Ermor fight out quite significantly, and were invaded by Panic white centaurs to the point they stopped moving troops around to try to patrol them out and then went AI after Pythium stopped them at their capital.

- Nazca, whose provinces were on a crucial artery towards Ermor and, more importantly, didn't have PD in them. In response to a completely legitimate harpy-delivered request for land to fight Ermor they spent ages fighting Pan with their flying garbage until domkilled after a sustained campaign of seduction. They took the explosion bless which made putting down huge amounts of Supayas using their own mages' evocation possible. Thanks. Unknown at the height of the war but they also had Garnet Amazons which they lost to an indie Knight attack, a rare but incredibly good Fire and Blood path indie type.

- Ys, which savagely attacked pretty much everyone on their border other than Ermor without fear of retaliation, using their glamoured incredibly skilful knights, and also concocted a crude and malignant propaganda campaign to suggest that Pan was the real threat and not Ermor (in fact, Ys and then probably Agartha were the real threats but both AI'd after relatively unimportant losses).

In terms of the overall game flow, it was pretty much:

Turns 1-6

Expansion with outrageous troops very easily into forests, allowing purchasing of exceptional scout The Black Harpy (see attached image for details - this one has a Bane Venom Charm aka BVC and was engaged in a pacification campaign vs Pythium who would not concede - due to only paying 25 gold for a flying 34MM scout you can get from every forest, you tend to have a HarpEye Surveillance System over the map within literally 1 year and can deliver ordnance such as White Centaurs/Dryads with extreme precision)

One notable feature of the v early game was using an expander god so ineptly into barbs that it died after killing its commanders on turn 4. Then sent an unscripted Harpy at said province, which flew behind retreating barbs and died to them instantly. Don't do that.

Here is the god at the end of the game (empowered in F/A to make a flaming skull for an Inca with FD and cast Foul Air to replace BoT with AD, which as of 5.17 does not actually do anything instead of diseasing anything that gets hurt at all, gg).

Turns 7-40ish

Fighting valiantly vs Ermor and HRB states alongside allies while not recalling god for a bit, because losing 1 dom point would potentially preclude maxing out on WCs from the capital; eventually getting Alt 4 for Swarm on Dryads, making them the best assassins in the game; and researching Alt 5 for Mother Oak to get more Nature gems to turn into forts using Pan's ability to conjure a good fort instantly in forests/UW for gems. Pan is not a complicated nation, it just has really good Numbers and many of the best and easiest to use spells.

Conquests of the Nazcan territories included an Inca who didn't really do anything other than getting one (1) throne, which a stolen Agarthan Oracle of the Ancients could also have done, or a Bishop Fish, hypermobile god, or Prophet. They were empowered in Air to cast Fog Warriors in a stolen yogi and Panic Apostate communion/sabbath on the off chance Pythium sallied from their fort, which they didn't:

If he had died he would've turned into a Panic royal mallqui after taking Nazca's cap, capable of summoning Manikins, but he didn't even do that.

Turn 40ish-55ish

Getting stabbed in the back by every single CFE state and overcasting BoT in retaliation multiple times due to owning Ermor's capital and a lot of provinces they'd searched, plus eventually all of Nazca's lands too, completely annihilating Ulm's mages and Bandar Log's Everything via old age while not really impeding the Panic economy or armed forces.

Eventually get to Alt 7 for overpowered N3/1 gem spell Creeping Doom, making N2 dryads probably the most dangerous unit on the map, as they can overcast it for 2 gems to instantly produce about 60 armour negating bugs in an assassination attempt, which pretty much nothing survives. Here's one:

Turn 56ish-End

Relaxing in a state of fully automated luxury forest communism while bringing every neighbour to either quit and stale (Ulm and BL), AI (Agartha), or just die (Pythium, domkilled on cap).

Pan with very reasonably priced blood hunters in Garnet Zons and huge gem income from enemy territory it has pacified is basically the omega bullshit nation.

Here are a couple of units you can create provided you have these conditions:

Fig 1: The Garnet Priestess. It's Just An Indep For Some Gold.

These commanders are very very good. For 1 comrec (so one/turn out of a province where you can leave them with their cool indep PD) you get an okay commander for patrolling unrest with a 50% shot at Blood and 10% at Fire. The Fire ones you can use to forge lanterns, the Blood ones have all kinds of utility, and the BF ones can do things like making fiery imps. Or just the same as the other kinds as needed.

Fig 2: The Demon Knight. Blood 5, B2E2, 8 slaves.

Pans can make these very easily with 1 blood empower and either the Armour of Twisting Thorns or a Blood Thorn. They're not as crazy as they were in Dom 4, because Fear is much less powerful, however they are extremely good at punching Agartha's Magma Childs to death without being killed, as they have 15 fire resistance as well as heavy armour. No innate poison res, though, so probably don't Foul Vapors near them.

Fig 3: Ether Lords/Warriors. Conj 6, S4D1, 90 pearls.

So with an 80 pearl empower on one of your Pans you will have making Demon Knights anyway you can make further Astral boosting gear and Send Lesser Horrors at people, which is great. But then for a mere fifty additional death gems you weren't using for anything else, you can empower them in that, too, slap on said astral boosters, and make these bad boys.

There is no more luxuriant unit in Dominions. They are ethereal, have magic power, and do a ton of damage to magic beings. The leader also has weirdly bad equipment, they rust underwater, and they are very slow at moving on the map without Gateway. On the other hand they are Fun and Good. Pretty much the Dominions equivalent of a skyscraper. Get 2 sets, because you honestly don't make enough Ether Warriors with 1 cast.

Here are the graphs from this game and final temple screen, which displays the stacked gross bless:

Provinces (big swing after about turn 50)

Forts (Pan is good at cracking forts with Maenads, a unit its best mage makes for free, and it can just make them with gems)

Income (basically solid after midgame economic disruption due to multiple Ermorian and then Panic BoTs)

Gems (does not include blood slaves which went fairly stratospheric in the last 10-15 turns)

Research (which Pan is pretty awful at but luckily doesn't need very much of - was also at total war for pretty much the whole game which cuts down on RP significantly)

Dominion (goes apewire later on due to heavy preaching/temple construction to domkill Pythium)

Army Size (Panic army is mostly Maenads so tends to appear very much higher than its real strength, which is more to do with being horrible to invade due to Dryad seduction - Agartha's huge increase late is due to the AI summoning hundreds of its sacreds with spare gems; if the player had done this they'd have won, I think)

Thrones (requirement was absurdly high)

Temple Screen (starting bless was Regen/Withering Weapons + 20 Undead Command)

In summation, An Ermor Game.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I was brave and noble Rome / Pythium in that game and upon starting it I was nominally excited to fight Ermor, because holy heck who better to fight thousands of longdeads than the nation that can create the most massive Banish spam communions in the game? It was all going halfway decently too, until idiot hellfucker Tien'Chi decided he'd rather -not- sit quietly and horde gems and research while other nations beat themselves against Ermor and instead stabbed me in the back, causing me to say "gently caress this poo poo" to the Ermor crusade, march back to my cap, and proceed to humble several large chinese armies with nothing more than a big dumb statue that casts Howl. Obviously I never recovered, but I did refuse to concede when everyone else had gone AI or abandoned the game, forcing good friend Jbrer to come and put me down.

MA Pythium is one of those nations with a gimmick that I want to love, but can never seem to get right. Someday!

e: also never trust a chinaman

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Big communions are a trap. The pro move is to spend all your money on hydras.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ah, so you can gift of reason them and give them Black Hearts. nice. like it

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Just keep playing them until you get a start not next to someone who attacks you really early. If pythium can get to like turn 15ish intact with a few forts they are pretty dang strong.

And yes they are perfectly suited to obliterating ermor. Like 6 pink guy acolytes with a few junior pink guys with the A or S banish + pen bless can destroy vast swathes of skeletons effortlessly. As an added bonus you aren't as hosed as everyone else spamming priests because you were going to make the pink guys anyways.

Man, Mari and Pythium are my preferred ermor killers just because it really isn't as disruptive to your game to do ermor fighting. You still shouldn't play with ermor

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Cryle - Today at 8:38 PM
wtf is my fetish a berserker now
is there a site that makes everyone in the province berserk
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:40 PM
does your fetish have a berserker item
jsoh - Today at 8:40 PM
theres spells that make stuff berserk
or items
Cryle - Today at 8:41 PM
hes not even in combat
hes just berserk on the map
Cryle - Today at 8:42 PM
one of my lion warriors went berserk too
jsoh - Today at 8:42 PM
do you have the berserker bless cryle
Cryle - Today at 8:43 PM
oh my god
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:43 PM
clicks berserker during pretender creation WHAT THE gently caress WHY IS MY GUY BERSERK
i think i do
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:43 PM
cryle is the best dominions five player that ever lived
i didnt take it! i didnt do it!!
jsoh - Today at 8:44 PM
if you click on a temple it tells you what your bless is
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:44 PM
he clicked berserker, which is next to recuperation
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:44 PM
the fetish does whatever his believers think he will do
Cryle - Today at 8:45 PM
i took berserk instead or recup
nuclear monkey - Today at 8:45 PM
if they believe he's going to just lose his poo poo and swing his club with increased accuracy, that's what will happen
where's :downsbravo: when you need it
Cryle - Today at 8:45 PM
blood is gushing from my nose and mouth
okay listen you all need to keep this secret

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
this will backfire because all the retards who immediately believe everything you say now have internalized that i am #1 dominions man, making me safe from invaders.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Thinking on it, berserk bless seems like a trap most of the time.

Yea, great on sacred troops, but a sacred mage suddenly gets a pinprick and wades into combat punching and hitting things with his staff.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Donkringel posted:

Thinking on it, berserk bless seems like a trap most of the time.

Yea, great on sacred troops, but a sacred mage suddenly gets a pinprick and wades into combat punching and hitting things with his staff.

Well, some nations have no or only insignificant sacred mages, so the downside wouldn't be as bad. But if I recall correctly, most of these nations don't have good sacred troops, so the bless would still be a trap.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

EQUITES

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MOUNTED

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

on top of other equites?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Is it the horse that goes berserk or the rider?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

GenericOverusedName posted:

Is it the horse that goes berserk or the rider?

Mounted isn't allowed to berserk. Neither is mindless so the fetish with berserk just gets the cool berserk icon and no benefit whatsoever.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Mounted isn't allowed to berserk. Neither is mindless so the fetish with berserk just gets the cool berserk icon and no benefit whatsoever.

So Helheim could use berserk for its Valkyries, but not its horsemen?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

My demonbred assassin's with slave collars are comfortably chunking up 3 or so myrmidons, a summoned earth elemental, and the very pricey, awe-aura Oreiad that summoned it. But god forbid some geriatric mystic hanging out alone glances at them briefly, mind burning them instantly. So much for my brilliant plan!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ynglaur posted:

So Helheim could use berserk for its Valkyries, but not its horsemen?
yes

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

They dropped another patch.

quote:

This update comes with Steam Workshop support for maps, a few new arch-mage pretenders, a new spell, some AI improvements and a whole bunch of tweaks and bug fixes.

General
Workshop for maps
3 new Arch Mage pretenders
New twiceborn shapes
Blood slaves are usually not present during assassinations
New spell: Awaken Jotun Draugar
Maps can have all files in its own subfolder
Download maps in savegame dir when playing via network
Luck no longer affects dead people
Size modified weapon lengths now works properly versus damage shields
Ulm shields got increased resource cost
Old Dominions 4 start option --passmount removed from --help
Spell scripting takes Strength of Gaia into account
More bronze weapons for Pangaea
Utgård, Phaeacia and T'ien Chi now starts with max upgraded forts
Poison Slings had incorrect graphical effect
Fire at closest with mindblasts could target non-mindless units
Wrong PD in new bronze indep poptype fixed
Mercs will desert if their leader is dead for unknown reasons
Twiceborn no longer affects demons
Smaller less likely to be hit than larger if in same square
Goto commander replaced with goto province when commander is dead
Parting of the Soul didn't produce any birds
Ravenous Swarm didn't work
Growing Fury didn't work
Foul Air didn't work
No fort upgrade construction can be performed if fort is or becomes under siege
Magic Duel more likely to be cast in huge battles
'P' for preach shortcut didn't work in allied provinces
AI can sail
AI use a second slot in research queue too
Events can now send a message to a second affected player too
Event fixes
Stat fixes
Typo fixes

Modding
Fix for sites with wallunits
New event commands: #req_nonation, #req_notforally, #extramsg
New commands for UW PD
New commands: #defunit1c..d & #defmult1c..d
New monster command: #twiceborn
Using mods could result in "No Name" commanders for Phlegra

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Can anybody post the new pretenders?

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Can anybody post the new pretenders?

I think it's the ones with unit # 3090 - 3092. These are:

EA Ur / MA Uruk - Enkidu great sage. 3191. S1. +10 point cost over a Sage and -5 research points, but has somewhat better physical stats (25 hp).
EA/MA/LA Xibalba - Great Camazotz. 3192. Zotz stats - stealthy, flying, blood search+1, blind, cold-blooded, forest survival, 8 hp. B1D1. 80 pts.
MA Uruk. 3190. Bone Mother. D1, Stealthy 40, Fortuneteller 25. Swamp Survival. 20 hp.

Great Gray Shrike fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 29, 2018

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
People (and void based fish monsters) have been demanding a new Moon Skeleton Report so, after laying down a massive blast of noxious odour across the known solar system, I have decided to acquiesce.

Over on Pankor 1 we see Agartha continuing to cave it up, with Arco moon-hopping to take a bite out of them. Also yes, that stealth symbol on their cap is a bane venom charm. How did you guess? Arco have somehow still not finished off Ulm over on Pankor 2, but are prosecuting an aggressive colonial campaign anyway. Down on the ring world your friendly neighbourhood moon skeletons continue to have their bones ground beneath daoist boots, while over on Pankor 3 Marignon now has complete control of the world. Including former moon skeleton holdings, which was rather rude.

On Pankor 4, after a bit of back and forth between low gravity moon skeletons and the daoists, a new contender has emerged from the deeps. R'y'le'h is now assaulting the chinese medicine men, although how effective this is overall I can't say as of yet. And down on Pankor 5 it's the usual free for all, with Mictlan and Man making out like bandits. And somehow Nazca still isn't dead.

Anyway, enough rattling this old jaw bone. Graphs:

Provinces

Still TC. As you can see from the dead cat bounce in the purple moon skeleton line there was a fair amount of back and forth between us, but that eventually led to nothing. That said Marignon, Man and R'yleh aren't all that far behind.

Forts

R'ylignon are leading the way.

Income

Well Man made a valiant effort to double their cash with a global, unfortunately the very next turn the moon skeletons let out some foul air that knocked it right out. Still, they remain first with Marignon second.

Gems

The usual suspects.

Research

Man, R'yleh, and TC finally picking up the third spot.

Dominion

Marignon's efforts to dom kill Bandar Log and Asphodel haven't gone to waste, they're now narrowly behind Man in overall deity related lovey dovey ness.

Army Size

Many moon skeletons died to bring you this report.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Stay safe, moon skeletons.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
I made some mods:

holy.dm is a silly mod that makes Jomon's priest signs and Sceleria/Lemuria's Apostasy into generic priest spells.

xpsites.dm is a serious mod that makes XP-granting sites, like the Academy of War, much stronger: in an unmodded game of dom5 units will hit 1/2/3/4/5 xp stars after 3/10/20/40/80 turns of training at an Academy of War; in an xpsites.dm game it only takes 1/4/7/14/27 turns.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

RockyB posted:

People (and void based fish monsters) have been demanding a new Moon Skeleton Report so, after laying down a massive blast of noxious odour across the known solar system, I have decided to acquiesce.

Over on Pankor 1 we see Agartha continuing to cave it up, with Arco moon-hopping to take a bite out of them. Also yes, that stealth symbol on their cap is a bane venom charm. How did you guess? Arco have somehow still not finished off Ulm over on Pankor 2, but are prosecuting an aggressive colonial campaign anyway. Down on the ring world your friendly neighbourhood moon skeletons continue to have their bones ground beneath daoist boots, while over on Pankor 3 Marignon now has complete control of the world. Including former moon skeleton holdings, which was rather rude.

On Pankor 4, after a bit of back and forth between low gravity moon skeletons and the daoists, a new contender has emerged from the deeps. R'y'le'h is now assaulting the chinese medicine men, although how effective this is overall I can't say as of yet. And down on Pankor 5 it's the usual free for all, with Mictlan and Man making out like bandits. And somehow Nazca still isn't dead.

Anyway, enough rattling this old jaw bone. Graphs:

Provinces

Still TC. As you can see from the dead cat bounce in the purple moon skeleton line there was a fair amount of back and forth between us, but that eventually led to nothing. That said Marignon, Man and R'yleh aren't all that far behind.

Forts

R'ylignon are leading the way.

Income

Well Man made a valiant effort to double their cash with a global, unfortunately the very next turn the moon skeletons let out some foul air that knocked it right out. Still, they remain first with Marignon second.

Gems

The usual suspects.

Research

Man, R'yleh, and TC finally picking up the third spot.

Dominion

Marignon's efforts to dom kill Bandar Log and Asphodel haven't gone to waste, they're now narrowly behind Man in overall deity related lovey dovey ness.

Army Size

Many moon skeletons died to bring you this report.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Oh no, those are some serious losses for the friendly neighborhood moon skeletons :ohdear:

This remains the coolest Dominions map ever, and I really appreciate the live reports. Keep up the good work!

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
9 provinces, 3 globals. that's ycs.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Thats a cool as gently caress map!

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RockyB posted:

Arco have somehow still not finished off Ulm over on Pankor 2, but are prosecuting an aggressive colonial campaign anyway.

fighting ulm with arco

turns 1-25: lose badly

Turns 26+:

except they still punch you to death half the time because you fell for the heart companion trap

Normal Adult Human fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 5, 2018

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfRiYXxWAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Ssthalar posted:

Thats a cool as gently caress map!

I hope it gets put up on the Steam Workshop.