Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

there wolf posted:

Any hair will mat into clumps under the right conditions, and the more curl and texture it has the more prone it's going to be to that. Black hair like what Micheal B. Jordan has has the most curl and texture of all and it forms and maintains dreads easiest. And by easiest that means without destroying the hair or neglecting basic hygiene.

The political aspect is that you mostly see mats bordering on dreads in unkempt white hair, people who aren't washing or combing to prevent them. And the people deliberately trying to get them are usually resulting to serious neglect and destruction of their hair to get that look. That created the perception that dreads are always gross and in a racist culture where black people can't do anything right, what is a perfectly clean hairstyle choice for their hair type becomes icky.
I've known the white dreadlocks-questionable hygiene connection for a while, which made it distressing when I was watching a video on minimalism and a white person with dreads said that they limit their wardrobe by not wearing underwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spikey posted:

I pee sitting down but I poop standing up.

What's up, Arnie Neecamp?

You
Oct 6, 2009
What's up, beta cucks? This is me each and every time I take a piss.
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/ImhmDSW.jpg

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

First piss of the day is always sitting down. Because I'm An Old, and I feel it's just easier than standing up while you're still half asleep and groggy.

Also, apparently it can cause some people's blood pressure to drop to the point where they feel faint or even lose consciousness. Passing out while standing up in the bathroom sounds like a good way to crack your skull open on the toilet bowl.

That can also be a sign of prostate cancer! Source: Deadpool (actually, source: real medical information, but still)

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rough Lobster posted:

I only pee standing up, like a real man, with my pants and underwear still on, so the piss deflects off my clothing and sprays all over my own dick and balls. This is because urine has various health benefits.

When you're ready to wake up, seek me out.

Just follow the smell.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Memento posted:

First piss of the day is always sitting down. Because I'm An Old, and I feel it's just easier than standing up while you're still half asleep and groggy.

Also, apparently it can cause some people's blood pressure to drop to the point where they feel faint or even lose consciousness. Passing out while standing up in the bathroom sounds like a good way to crack your skull open on the toilet bowl.

Yeah but then you invent a time machine.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
If you don't piss by standing on your hands with your feet against the wall, you're literally a tiny baby girl.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Somebody please post that brilliant MSPaint drawing of the stick figure Spidermanning up the wall of the public bathroom to pee, or whatever was going on there.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
This?

"Was it ever determined what in the hell was going on in there? I still view it as the kid is on the ceiling with his piss and poo poo in some sort of anti-gravity bathroom prank gone wrong."

"I think it was determined the middle part was intended to be its own frame implying the the kid poo poo and pissed himself on the way to the bathroom? "

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Memento posted:

Yeah, my Dad managed to fall down the stairs because of that. Wasn't fun.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I have a trick nerve in my neck that causes a blood pressure drop if I get up too quickly from a relaxed state. Took out a towel bar with my forehead.

Samovar posted:

Yeah, my Dad managed to fall down the stairs because of that. Wasn't fun.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
My mom does that and once hit the hinge on the closet door in front of her when she went down. Got a huge gash over her eye and my dad got ugly looks from strangers for a week.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This?

"Was it ever determined what in the hell was going on in there? I still view it as the kid is on the ceiling with his piss and poo poo in some sort of anti-gravity bathroom prank gone wrong."

"I think it was determined the middle part was intended to be its own frame implying the the kid poo poo and pissed himself on the way to the bathroom? "

Oh man, its been awhile. Still great. How old is this thing?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've seen it like a dozen times but I still can't figure out quite what's supposed to be happening.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

god how I wish the SAclopedia was searchable https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2105

EDIT: the above is the SAclopedia entry describing the full history and explanation of that image

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No matter how many times I see it I immediately just start giggling helplessly

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

suicides among women(house wives?) had a drop(which probably got cancelled out by pills) when gas ovens got replaced by electric ovens.

Turns out the survival instinct has a 2nd/multiple chances to kick in when it's harder to kill yourself.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PhazonLink posted:

suicides among women(house wives?) had a drop(which probably got cancelled out by pills) when gas ovens got replaced by electric ovens.

Turns out the survival instinct has a 2nd/multiple chances to kick in when it's harder to kill yourself.

It's also hard to do anything when you're depressed. Make things harder, they are less likely to get done. This even applies to suicide!

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Fantastic Flyer posted:

If you don't piss by standing on your hands with your feet against the wall, you're literally a tiny baby girl.

Finally someone on here making some gosh darn fuckin' sense.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

AlbieQuirky posted:

Somebody please post that brilliant MSPaint drawing of the stick figure Spidermanning up the wall of the public bathroom to pee, or whatever was going on there.

i prefer the artistic interpretation on this one

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

It's also easier to mess up other common forms of suicide so they aren't fatal, or for someone to find you and get help in time.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I have a trick nerve in my neck that causes a blood pressure drop if I get up too quickly from a relaxed state. Took out a towel bar with my forehead.

What a strange trick.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

I've known the white dreadlocks-questionable hygiene connection for a while, which made it distressing when I was watching a video on minimalism and a white person with dreads said that they limit their wardrobe by not wearing underwear.

when my sister was in high school she had a friend with dreadlocks (white girl) who developed a persistent cough. after several months of having this cough that never seemed to go away, she went to the doctor. the doctor took her history, did some basic examinations, said "i think i know what's going on, hang on" and cut off one of her dreds with a pair of scissors, split it open, and goes "yep, i was right, i've seen this a few times".

turns out the girl had been washing her dreadlocked hair too frequently and not drying it properly, so the matted core of each dred was staying constantly moist, and beyond the outer eighth-inch or so of hair, each one was filled with a colony of black mold. the cough was from constantly inhaling mold spores coming off her own hair.

and that's what I know about white people and dreds

Barry Bluejorts
Jun 30, 2013

Now please touch your finger to the tip of your nose.
Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

Moldydreads

:stonk:

E: that can’t have been good for her health long term...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
drat she couldn't stop appropriating cultures.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

:lol:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Push El Burrito posted:

holy gently caress

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Barry Bluejorts posted:

:stonk:

E: that can’t have been good for her health long term...

It depends. I genuinely don't know how long I was exposed to it because we didn't find it until we moved out, but it wasn't a particularly bad case of it... and it was behind our kitchen cabinets, eugh.

I know I abruptly got a lot loving healthier after we moved out of there. The effect was goddamn immediate.

Kids and old people and anyone immunocompromised are who has to particularly worry about it. It can cause some bad poo poo, but different people react differently to it. If she wasn't coughing blood, she's probably fine? Also if she had no abrupt personality changes or vision problems... It can cause immune system suppression, but that's another way longterm symptom.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 07:57 on Mar 26, 2018

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
This is why we need bleach. For everything.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

:golfclap:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Push El Burrito posted:

:vince:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's also hard to do anything when you're depressed. Make things harder, they are less likely to get done. This even applies to suicide!

This is why antidepressants have a warning that suicide is a potential side effect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

gently caress, people are so Goddamn clever on this website.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Push El Burrito posted:

:drat:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

thatbastardken posted:

This is why antidepressants have a warning that suicide is a potential side effect.

That and then can also make depression and specifically suicidal ideation worse. At some point your need to stop thinking about it outweighs your lack or energy and motivation and welp...

Work very closely with your psychiatrists kids, and always tell them about side effects immediately.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

PhazonLink posted:

Yeah I read something like this about tylenol coming in blister packs.

https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/a-simple-way-to-reduce-suicides/

quote:

In September 1998, Britain changed the packaging for paracetamol, the active ingredient in Tylenol, to require blister packs for packages of 16 pills when sold over the counter in places like convenience stores, and for packages of 32 pills in pharmacies. The result: a study by Oxford University researchers showed that over the subsequent 11 or so years, suicide deaths from Tylenol overdoses declined by 43 percent, and a similar decline was found in accidental deaths from medication poisonings. In addition, there was a 61 percent reduction in liver transplants attributed to Tylenol toxicities. (Although it was a long and detailed study, some studies got a different result. One in Ireland, for example, found no reduction in overdoses.)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Push El Burrito posted:

This reminds me, I need to unleash a pogrom in my basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

i prefer the artistic interpretation on this one

Someone posted this picture as a response to some idiot on twitter and I forgot to screenshot it. It may have been posted in this very thread.