Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Life in the QLD Meg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Just lol if you think dystopian QLD wouldn't run on coal.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Zenithe posted:

Wind generators are the sign of the devil.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 26, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Zenithe posted:

Cut to the chase and just burn the reef directly.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Turns out we can burn coral for power and produces double the CO2 of coal.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

The year is 2254

I park at a car park to go see a movie

The parking officer asks if I have enough Frequent Flyer points to park here. I take a draw from my Electronic Cigarette and say no. Then I proceeded to write down my superannuation information. I walk down Elizabeth Street, recently renamed to Howard Avenue to go see a movie.

I get turned away, this theatre is only for BUPA customers.

I pull out my smart watch and ask Alexa to buy some groceries, she asks me if I would like to subscribe to Prime video for a 0.5% discount off my next purchase. I accept and put the bill on my super.

My workers collar vibrates, it's time to get on my e-bike and deliver food to a man named Frank.

At the end of your 14 hour work day you retire to your Tiny Home, which is the size of two coffins side by side. You went with the deluxe version.

Your Tiny Home is built into an otherwise featureless grey concrete wall open to the weather, alongside hundreds of others, like a morgue only for the living.

In another 25 years you'll have paid off the mortgage.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

REPORTER: Prime Minister, 29 Newspolls — it's not good news …

TURNBULL: Why are you smiling then if it is not good news? You are so pleased. You are so pleased. I know why — because you are so happy about all of the jobs we have created, because you are not distracted by polls. You know that we have created 420,700 jobs in Australia in the last year.

REPORTER: What about your job, Prime Minister?

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

our very own Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/978131799430766592

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Cosplay getting weird.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Genuinely curious, what the gently caress is that.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I think it's a thing for zappin drones out of the sky

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Must've misheard Dutton when he said he wanted to shoot spooks

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Yeah, it disrupts the control / navigation stuff on a drone.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Wouldn't this potentially really injure someone if it fell on them?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Yeah but if you store it in a low shelf she'll be right.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I hope the Chinese space station debris lands on Parliament House.

Or Queensland.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
brokenshire AND bernadi hosed? feels like christmas

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm going to call that an ion rifle and you can't stop me.

Also, I feel willing to vote for anyone who's proposing to change the name of this state to an actual goddamn name, and I'm not even drunk.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

Yeah but if you store it in a low shelf she'll be right.

:five:

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

I'm pretty sure that gun was included in the latest XCOM 2 dlc.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

G-Spot Run posted:

It's too easy for it to be his au pair with his big denials that I never hired her. It's probably a big donor's or possibly another party member, so just as scummy but he's not lying so no harm no foul :smugdog:

I would not be surprised in the least if we later discover she was being sex trafficked. *Someone* has a direct line to the Minister and can get a young girl who came in illegally with a tourist visa through immigration detention. Someone with a lot of money. And they did it twice, with two different girls.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Been playing alot of HOI IV lately with the modern day mod and another mod that adds more chaos and despite Mexico invading France, Canada going full on fascist and communist Sweden starting a war with the Zionist Empire of Israel the craziest/most unrealistic thing that happened was Meg Lees becoming PM of Australia.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Wrageowrapper posted:

Been playing alot of HOI IV lately with the modern day mod and another mod that adds more chaos and despite Mexico invading France, Canada going full on fascist and communist Sweden starting a war with the Zionist Empire of Israel the craziest/most unrealistic thing that happened was Meg Lees becoming PM of Australia.
Please don't summon ScreamingLlama with that kind of talk

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

:golfclap:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

i'm going to report you to everyday goast and she is going to bully you irl

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Union busting makes me feel good

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm a cricket criminal.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

cricket should be criminal.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

When cricket is outlawed, only outlaws will play cricket.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

i'm going to report you to everyday goast and she is going to bully you irl

What's she going to do, abrade me with sandy tape?

Sticks and stones may break my bones but goast will never hurt me.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

What's she going to do, abrade me with sandy tape?

steal my car and run you over

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Anidav posted:

The year is 2254

I park at a car park to go see a movie

The parking officer asks if I have enough Frequent Flyer points to park here. I take a draw from my Electronic Cigarette and say no. Then I proceeded to write down my superannuation information. I walk down Elizabeth Street, recently renamed to Howard Avenue to go see a movie.

I get turned away, this theatre is only for BUPA customers.

I pull out my smart watch and ask Alexa to buy some groceries, she asks me if I would like to subscribe to Prime video for a 0.5% discount off my next purchase. I accept and put the bill on my super.

My workers collar vibrates, it's time to get on my e-bike and deliver food to a man named Frank.

Sounds a lot like Neil Stephensons "Snow Crash"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Cheap jump scare m8

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Do we discuss Germaine Greer here or is she disowned because she said some whack second wave poo poo even by her standards recently.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Lid posted:

Do we discuss Germaine Greer here or is she disowned because she said some whack second wave poo poo even by her standards recently.

Give it a shot and lets see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Just days after calling the alleged victims of sexual assault by Harvey Weinstein ‘career rapees’, Germaine Greer has now revealed that she heard her close friend being raped and ‘did nothing’ about it.

Speaking at a debate about the MeToo movement, the 79-year-old author said people were ‘completely confused’ by what sexual assault is and used what happened to her unnamed friend as an example.

She said: ‘I was woken up by shouts, ”Get off! Leave me alone! No, no!”. And I thought, ”What do I do?”, and of course, like most house guests, I did nothing’.

She told the audience she later discussed the incident with her friend, who revealed what Greer overhead that night happened ‘fairly often’.

‘She said, ”Was that rape?”, and I said, well, ”I don’t know. It might have been”,’ she explained.

‘And then I said to her, ”Why would you send your husband away for years — which is the tariff for tape — because he overrode your unwillingness on such occasion?”.’

The writer then went on to criticise how rape is represented in the entertainment industry, describing it as a ‘bloody victim crime’, before going on to explain it as a ‘domestic thing’ that happens when a couple ‘don’t understand each other terribly well’.

She said: ‘Sex is a blood sport. People take punishment. They get over it. The relationship survives, or it doesn’t.’

Greer was criticised earlier this week after she warned that accusers of Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein could become ‘career rapees’.

She said that some alleged victims of Weinstein have had ‘extraordinary exposure’, adding: ‘Some of whom have been paid six figure sums in the form of non-disclosure agreements’.

The feminist previously accused female stars of ‘spreading their legs’ for the movie producer.

In an interview before being named Australian of the Year, Greer said: ‘I want, I’ve always wanted, to see women react immediately. In the old days, there were movies — the Carry On comedies, for example — which always had a man leering after women. And the women always outwitted him — he was a fool. We we weren’t afraid of him and we weren’t afraid to slap him down.’

‘What makes it different is when the man has economic powers, as Harvey Weinstein has. But if you spread your legs because he said ”be nice to me and I’ll give you a job in a movie” then I’m afraid that tantamount to consent, and it’s too late now to start whingeing about it.’

Lid fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 26, 2018

• Locked thread