Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

That...is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

shut up blegum posted:

Yes. You can select enemies through your camera/binoculars and then give the kill order.
Same with the dog attack. The dog attacks aren't stealthy like in mgs5 though, keep that in mind.

can we give the dog a sniper rifle

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
or at least a knife

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

poptart_fairy posted:

Since Assassins Creed Unity Ubisoft have had male and female enemies across a range of ethnicities, there's no indication that they've suddenly changed this because of the alt right's influence.

You're expressing actual, genuine anger at the fact a company have a diverse cast - and you're blaming this on racists. That's staggeringly naive or deliberately obtuse.

Were you one of those weirdos up in arms about black women in the recent Call of Duty?

this is one of the dumbest posts i've seen in a while, holy moly

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't wait to crack this game open later this week.
I've heard criticism of 4 just being more of 3 and I don't see how that's an issue.

Just Cause 3 was just a more refined 2 and THAT was the best action game of the year.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

exploded mummy posted:

can we give the dog a sniper rifle

He can fetch guns for you :shrug:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

botany posted:

this is one of the dumbest posts i've seen in a while, holy moly

A company which, historically, has had diverse enemies creates a game that has diverse enemies, demonstrated as such from day one.

The only claim of the enemy being a white supremacy cult has come from games journalists, not Ubisoft, and apparently not going this route is the fault of Trump and the alt right, which are both predated by Far Cry 5.

If you have something to offer beyond drive-in posting, please do so.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

shut up blegum posted:

He can fetch guns for you :shrug:

That's a good loving dog

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

ZenVulgarity posted:

That's a good loving dog

I look forward to the Boomer + Cheeseburger duel companion mod for a 21st century beast master game.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kga2soqvMF0

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Game is out in Aus/NZ.

Starting spoilers (not really since happens in the 1st min of the game but): as if after events like Waco, US Federal authorities would go into a compound full of heavily armed guys without anything less than a company of National Guard or similar

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/977274673661644802

Game good?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

its an ubisoft game where the AI looks even dumber than the last one

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Virtually every negative review (and most of those are in the like 7-8 range) basically takes the game to task for not being a reinvention of the franchise. I get that, and it's fair, but at the same time it's kind of like the Marvel movies for me - I don't really come for a daring reinvention of the genre. I come for a refined, well-executed, and entertaining example of the genre, and it seems like the game delivers that while taking out some of the annoying poo poo (towers) from the past games.

Also it's cool to play a game set in the place that I live.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

They removed tower climbing? Pre-order cancelled.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

VanillaGorilla posted:

Virtually every negative review (and most of those are in the like 7-8 range) basically takes the game to task for not being a reinvention of the franchise. I get that, and it's fair, but at the same time it's kind of like the Marvel movies for me - I don't really come for a daring reinvention of the genre.

Not very surprising. It looks like a catch 22 situation: You change too much, you risk upsetting people who like what Far Cry brings to the table. You don't change enough, people say the game is stagnant.

This is kind of why I don't play every entry to Assassins' Creed despite really enjoying the series (I've played 1, 2, Brotherhood and last week I played 4 for the first time): They generally introduce a new mechanic or gimmick but the core gameplay remains the same. For some people that's enough but for me, missing some four years in a row between games means I just don't have that kind of burnout.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Songbearer posted:

This is kind of why I don't play every entry to Assassins' Creed despite really enjoying the series (I've played 1, 2, Brotherhood and last week I played 4 for the first time): They generally introduce a new mechanic or gimmick but the core gameplay remains the same. For some people that's enough but for me, missing some four years in a row between games means I just don't have that kind of burnout.
That's not a very lucky argument because AC: Origins just reinvented the formula and everybody loved it. It's still Assassin's Creed but at the same it's very different.

Not that I have something against good old Far Cry but just saying.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Palpek posted:

That's not a very lucky argument because AC: Origins just reinvented the formula and everybody loved it. It's still Assassin's Creed but at the same it's very different.

Yeah, but the change in formula was essentially to copy Witcher 3, so they hedged their bets a bit.

God of War is maybe better, and that game is catching some heat for changing things up dramatically. I think it’ll be amazing but we’re in the phase where old grognards are bitching that they stripped out the gameplay or some dumb poo poo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Should've been the pre-order mission and called that version the Golden Shower Edition

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

No knives.

No graphic healing animations.

No towers to climb.

I'm sure this was all in the game before Trump started his campaign, the alt-right have really hosed this up for us.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Palpek posted:

Oh, fair enough. I haven't checked out AC: O so I just assumed it was more of the same. Guess I'm reinforcing what I'm trying to rebut, huh v:v:v

Who knows, maybe they'll give Far Cry the old heave-ho if they decide that this entry is the last they can get out of the formula. I'd like to see them go hog wild with the customisation and progression if they decide to mix things up - making it a true open world RPG rather than an RPG-lite could be pretty cool.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Wait no graphic healing animations wtf

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

id be completely willing to overlook this games tired mechanics, horrible AI, indistinguishable locations, and embarrassing writing, if only they took the women and minorities out of the pool of pro-gun idiot NPCs i want to empty 30 round clips into

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

black.lion posted:

No knives.

No graphic healing animations.

No towers to climb.

I'm sure this was all in the game before Trump started his campaign, the alt-right have really hosed this up for us.

Case in point, Ubi gets dragged endlessly for over-using the tower mechanic in their games, and yet....

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

HORMELCHILI posted:

id be completely willing to overlook this games tired mechanics, horrible AI, indistinguishable locations, and embarrassing writing, if only they took the women and minorities out of the pool of pro-gun idiot NPCs i want to empty 30 round clips into

Women overwhelmingly voted for Roy Moore, a pedophile rapist who went on record saying women shouldn't have the right to vote.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
But is there a bow, and does it make lovely thunk noises when hitting someone's throat.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm looking forward to FC5 because when I got back to finishing Far Cry 4...it looked dated. Like, I thought that the game had really good graphics when I first played so I was actually surprised that it's actually gotten visually old in the meantime.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

poptart_fairy posted:

But is there a bow, and does it make lovely thunk noises when hitting someone's throat.

Speaking of lovely noises, I watched a video yesterday of some game play, and the noise you get when you hit someone with a thrown spade is deeply satisfying.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
This is so sad, the only reason I play video games at all is for the healing animations! When will devs make a game geared toward me?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Re: To anyone asking if this game still has a sense of humor despite the cult subject matter.
https://www.gamesradar.com/sex-bulls-party-pigs-and-testicle-festivals-far-cry-5s-gone-kind-of-mad-and-its-brilliant/

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Songbearer posted:

Oh, fair enough. I haven't checked out AC: O so I just assumed it was more of the same. Guess I'm reinforcing what I'm trying to rebut, huh v:v:v

Who knows, maybe they'll give Far Cry the old heave-ho if they decide that this entry is the last they can get out of the formula. I'd like to see them go hog wild with the customisation and progression if they decide to mix things up - making it a true open world RPG rather than an RPG-lite could be pretty cool.

ACO threw out the old combat system that had been around since Brotherhood in favor of a Dark Souls esque aystem

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i preloaded yesterday, will this unlock at midnight eastern or how's it work? i've never preordered a game on steam before.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

exploded mummy posted:

ACO threw out the old combat system that had been around since Brotherhood in favor of a Dark Souls esque aystem

Oh god the sound effects of Origins combat. Human beings are super juicy and crunchy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Soul Glo posted:

i preloaded yesterday, will this unlock at midnight eastern or how's it work? i've never preordered a game on steam before.

If Uplay has already broken the digital distribution date it could go as early as 1 PM EDT, which would be about 80 minutes from now.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
If you can VPN to Australia you can play it now. I'm about an hour in so far.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

or at least a knife

These open world game's have been treading water ever since Phantom Pain gave us a dog who came with his own doggy knife that he could use.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

shortspecialbus posted:

Actually it's about ethics in video game cult composition.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/games/review/far-cry-5

thats this review actually.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
All I'm hearing is that Far Cry 2 is still the best Far Cry game.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

a_good_username posted:

Yea, this. I would’ve preferred if they just committed to the theme and accurately showing what far right Montana militants would look like, but still looking forward to having a real co op open world game.

they've said it was a cult since the game was known about, people just assumed that because it was in Montana that Ubisoft was secretly like *wink wink*we actually mean right-wingers*wink wink*, but that was peoples own misconception's there

Tumble fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I really didn't like FC2 at all, I've tried to like it several times and I just can't.

FC4 is probably my favorite game in the series, it's FC3 but in a cooler setting and with every mechanic much more refined... downside is the story is pants but whatever, it's Far Cry... who actually plays these things for the GRIPPING NARRATIVES?