Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Is MLW going to make Vince lose his mind like when World of Sport was coming back?

Nah, World of Sport was a unique situation because they were locking up a bunch of hot prospect UK talent AND it was going to be a primetime show on a channel literally everyone in the UK with a TV can get.

Basically it'd be like if PWG suddenly got a deal to do a weekly Thursday night show on CBS at 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

whats up with david starr

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

oatgan posted:

whats up with david starr

No clue, only thing I can find is the one tweet from Progress. (Please let this be a business thing and not a "David is a scumbag" thing because I really like him... :ohdear:)

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Pinwiz11 posted:

No clue, only thing I can find is the one tweet from Progress. (Please let this be a business thing and not a "David is a scumbag" thing because I really like him... :ohdear:)

Which tweet? What happened?

edit: was it this?

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/978098212593721344

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 26, 2018

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Beyond's booker has been instigating Starr with tweets about him not being around for any of their shows even though he keeps calling himself the Ace of Beyond. probably a work, but i think Drew's worked himself into a shoot before & done this angle before with JT Dunn

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its an angle, like the JT Dunn deal. Starr's been in high demand and can't make dates for Beyond(not sure if they had a plan or what). DC and Starr agreed this is the best route forward. Starr' simply can't commit to being a regular anymore. The promotion saves face and Starr gets a free surprise return pop when he does show up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/978290914039775232

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

Is the turnaround for getting onto Highspots still like 8-10 months after the DVDs come out?

based on when Nice Boys went up, it looks like it's a year after the event.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:woop:

quote:

Major League Wrestling (MLW) has signed a deal with beIN Sports for a one-hour weekly show, becoming the latest professional wrestling promotion with weekly television.

The series, which will be called “Major League Wrestling: Fusion”, will premiere on Friday, April 20th at 8 pm Eastern, its new regular timeslot on beIN Sports USA.

Talks between the two groups began around the time of MLW’s return last October with their “One Shot” card. Terms of the deal have not been released, although we were told that MLW is being paid a rights fee for the programming and it is said to be a multi-year deal.

The MLW crew was in Orlando this past week filming material for a series of upcoming commercials to promote the launch of the series. The talent at the shoot included Low Ki, MVP, Tom Lawlor, Col. Rob Parker, Santana Garrett, Barrington Hughes, and others.

The series will feature the return of Tony Schiavone as a weekly wrestling announcer. He will be teaming with Rich Bocchini (formerly Rich Brennan with the WWE). For Schiavone, it will be his first television role with a wrestling promotion since WCW went out of business in March 2001, which by coincidence was 17-years ago today. Aside from working for the ill-fated XWF project in late 2001 and appearing for NWA TNA in 2003, Schiavone had largely stayed out of professional wrestling since 2001. Over the past year, he has resurfaced both with MLW and his weekly podcast with Conrad Thompson on the MLW Radio network.

The promotion has worked out several deals for their main talent, including allowing performers to wrestle for other promotions such as Impact Wrestling, with the only restriction being WWE. They have also worked a deal with Lucha Underground, where MLW will be able to use Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix for their television product under those names.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is the greatest news in the history of our sport.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tony Schiavone should do courses on how to live life after wrestling. Dude figured that stuff out pretty quick.

Glad to see him back. Until we found out he has awful opinions or forgets when to shut up.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Rich Brennan lmfao

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He was a decent Cole clone

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean one out of two is okay, would've preferred Sean Mooney but w/e, beggars can't be choosers

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Finally Rich can fly without Tom Phillips holding him down

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Finally Rich can fly without Tom Phillips holding him down

He attempts to fly in Wrestle Circus and is mostly forgettable if not annoying. Also seems to miss whatever story is being told in the match more often than not and misses the subtleties happening in a match, so he never really makes any great calls.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if I had choose between an obnoxious announcer that's constantly trying to get himself over(Gregory Irons on Black Label Pro commentary) and some largely innoffensive nerd that knows how to wikipedia and briefly interview wrestlers before the show, I'll take the latter every single time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My reaction to almost every commentary decision is “at least it’s not Matt Striker”

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Tony Schiavone should do courses on how to live life after wrestling. Dude figured that stuff out pretty quick.

Glad to see him back. Until we found out he has awful opinions or forgets when to shut up.

he got a job as a Starbucks manager so he could get healthcare.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

if I had choose between an obnoxious announcer that's constantly trying to get himself over(Gregory Irons on Black Label Pro commentary) and some largely innoffensive nerd that knows how to wikipedia and briefly interview wrestlers before the show, I'll take the latter every single time.

Yeah, I feel the same way - his voice/demeanor doesn't grind in my ears (like that loving juggalo from PWR) but he's just not memorable or technically "good" at what he does. I think he could definitely improve and be good/great, but also maybe it's the looser atmosphere of Wrestle Circus that leaves him more chilled out and not making the calls of a lifetime or whatever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

he got a job as a Starbucks manager so he could get healthcare.

Considering most of his compatriots are dead, in poor health and felons, that's a heck of a lot better.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

He attempts to fly in Wrestle Circus and is mostly forgettable if not annoying. Also seems to miss whatever story is being told in the match more often than not and misses the subtleties happening in a match, so he never really makes any great calls.

Rich had an awesome unstated call of one of the NXT Brooklyn shows I think but otherwise yeah what you said. Also super grumpy and no fun on the MLW Radio podcasts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/978436593399881728

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Super No Vacancy posted:

most regulars watch for arcs

yeah, you can criticize them for going to the rushmore well twice but the blowoff to that angle was amazing both times. and zack was a face champ for months before his reign intersected with chuck's winning streak and the crowd sided with chuck.

think i might buy the dvd of this show just to see how the new venue came off on tape. there were reportedly about 700-800 people there (which is already almost twice as many as reseda) but who knows how many they could feasibly set the building up for if they sold for that venue from the outset. very curious to see where they go from here in many respects; whether they stick to that building or keep experimenting, how being able to sell 2-3x more tickets affects prices (lol), who keeps getting booked and if they continue debuting more guys, not to mention how they handle the title situation going forward. they were kinda treading water for a while after a bunch of their longtime staples got signed but now there's a lot of different angles they could take.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

yeah, you can criticize them for going to the rushmore well twice but the blowoff to that angle was amazing both times. and zack was a face champ for months before his reign intersected with chuck's winning streak and the crowd sided with chuck.

think i might buy the dvd of this show just to see how the new venue came off on tape. there were reportedly about 700-800 people there (which is already almost twice as many as reseda) but who knows how many they could feasibly set the building up for if they sold for that venue from the outset. very curious to see where they go from here in many respects; whether they stick to that building or keep experimenting, how being able to sell 2-3x more tickets affects prices (lol), who keeps getting booked and if they continue debuting more guys, not to mention how they handle the title situation going forward. they were kinda treading water for a while after a bunch of their longtime staples got signed but now there's a lot of different angles they could take.

I don't want it to stay at the globe for mostly selfish reasons. I don't want to deal with downtown LA traffic on a Friday, nor do I want to have to pay for parking when tickets are already about 80 bucks. I'm fine with them moving venues but I wish it was in a less populated part of the city.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

The_Rob posted:

I don't want it to stay at the globe for mostly selfish reasons. I don't want to deal with downtown LA traffic on a Friday, nor do I want to have to pay for parking when tickets are already about 80 bucks. I'm fine with them moving venues but I wish it was in a less populated part of the city.

counterpoint: it's like a block away from a Metro stop which means, as a non-car-driver, I might actually get to go to PWG someday :shobon:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the larger venue means im more likely to impulse buy tickets now that allegiant is offering $200 round trips to LA from my home town

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Choose your fighter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pierre Carl Ouellet vs WALTER at Janela's Spring Break

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/979133696883257346

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

PWG is having it's last shows at the Legion Hall. End of an era

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/979149242081005568?s=19

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

On May 26 Legion Larry turns to dust and blows away, his job finally done.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I won't make all three of the shows but I will def be at one of the last ones. I'm sad to see the Legion hall go.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

april cards are on twitter. ishimori vs bandido is a great match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Apparently the Legion was up for sale and it probably sold.

All Star Weekend 14 Night 1 April 20th
Trevor Lee vs Rey Horus
Robbie Eagles (debut) vs. Sammy Guevara vs. Flash Morgan Webster
Rey Horus vs. Jonah Rock
Brody King & Tyler Bateman (debut) vs. WALTER & Timothy Thatcher
Taiji Ishimori (debut) vs. Bandido
Adam Page vs. Keith Lee
PWG Tag Team Title Match Young Bucks vs. Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz vs. Jeff Cobb & Matt Riddle (c)

All Star Weekend 14 Night 2 April 21st
Rey Horus vs. Bandido
Robbie Eagles vs. Joey Janela
Trevor Lee vs. Flash Morgan Webster
Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz vs. Brody King & Tyler Bateman
Taiji Ishimori vs. Sammy Guevara
Matt Riddle vs. Timothy Thatcher
PWG World Title Match Keith Lee (c) vs. Jonah Rock vs. WALTER

Tickets for All Star Weekend 14 go on sale Tuesday, April 3rd at 8PM PDT!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That night two main Jesus Christ

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Okay. Time to buy the dvds for those three PWG dates as soon as they come out. They should have some special guests for their last show in Reseda.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Grozz Nuy posted:

welp, i guess this answers most of those questions lol

those asw cards look badass, but i'm working on tuesday night when tickets go on sale and don't know if i'll be free that weekend yet so i probably can't go. might be able to make the final reseda show though.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jenkem Delivery posted:

PWG is having it's last shows at the Legion Hall. End of an era

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/979149242081005568?s=19

What's happening? Is PWG making a go at being at expanding over just being a passion project that gets together every few months or so and puts on a card?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

god I hope not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

What's happening? Is PWG making a go at being at expanding over just being a passion project that gets together every few months or so and puts on a card?

Might be because Legion Hall is up for sale:
http://www.loopnet.com/de/Listing/7338-Canby-Ave-Reseda-CA/11537873/