Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Edit: gently caress it I have better things to do than post gifs making fun of bad opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

Edit: gently caress it I have better things to do than post gifs making fun of bad opinions

As if

Chifley
Nov 4, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

The replay linked above, which demonstrably shows the contact was entirely shoulder to shoulder, and at no point did his shoulder impact Merrett's head. It's pretty clear cut.

His head snaps towards the bottom left of frame before any other part of him is moved by the contact; what are you watching that isn't showing this to you?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

oh alright lets go with a classic

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Hard to imagine why anyone would want to leave this entirely normal football club and state

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Geelong: Less of a goldfish bowl than Adelaide

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hard to imagine why anyone would want to leave this entirely normal football club and state

Ive spoken to people last year about how Adelaide seemed a little "off" in the way they go about certain things. This was right around the time of Lever leaving and everyone flipping out over it.

I described it as a "cult like mentality" back then and now hearing about this camp I feel right on the money.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Lever was excommunicated for being a Suppressive Person

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Operating Croweater level theta

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Look, if the Crows coaches want to put the players through the Hunger Games in preseason training, who are we to judge?

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Josh Jenkins getting sent to the Sea Org

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

Imagine if any other workplace did this, blindfolded for 24hrs on a bus and “mentally broken down”

I don’t think I’ve ever seen international sports teams do this kind of stuff before

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well, apparently Lend Lease has, for whatever reason...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Well, apparently Lend Lease has, for whatever reason...

Nestle too

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I've watched a shitload of pre-season training documentaries etc. for NFL clubs and they don't do anything insane. They just train, watch film, train, watch film, train, watch film. It's intense physical training and preparation for the sport they play, but no stupid mind games. These insane mental tests need to go.

I don't see how being blindfolded in the bush prepares you for kicking a ball around in front of 100,000 screaming fans at the MCG.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Windmill Hut posted:

I've watched a shitload of pre-season training documentaries etc. for NFL clubs and they don't do anything insane. They just train, watch film, train, watch film, train, watch film. It's intense physical training and preparation for the sport they play, but no stupid mind games. These insane mental tests need to go.

I don't see how being blindfolded in the bush prepares you for kicking a ball around in front of 100,000 screaming fans at the MCG.

This was my impression of professional US sports too, just physically train until you don’t know how to gently caress up.

None of this psycho-babble garbage loved by MBAs and over paid consultants.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Pseudo special forces baloney being employed sports team tryhards will never not be funny especially when smooth brain genious Adelaide captains obviously love it.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Holy poo poo, I just realised we did mindfulness training with one of the guys from that company at work (RBA - I work on banknotes, not economics)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

North have already started with calling dibs on players

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'm imaging just a full day of a blindfolded Rory Sloane having people scream at him drill Sargent style "YOU LOVE THIS PLACE, IT'S FANTASTIC, YOU'RE NEVER LEAVING"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hey nerds you should apply

https://twitter.com/championdata/status/978429592925978624

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I'll wait until I'm headhunted thanks.

Anyway I can't even do gameday match analysis, I just do big picture poo poo.

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 27, 2018

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Testekill posted:

North have already started with calling dibs on players

Who are they after? Lynch? I guess they still need a big fish because landing Alex Morgan probably wasn't what their fans had in mind.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Spedman posted:

Imagine if any other workplace did this, blindfolded for 24hrs on a bus and “mentally broken down”

I don’t think I’ve ever seen international sports teams do this kind of stuff before

I thought this sort of thing might be on the cards during the supplements stuff. Clubs are going to seek an edge any way they can and with the pharmaceutical door shut sports psychology seemed like the logical next one to try at them time.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Douglas' one week ban stands, probably should've got another for wasting the tribunal's time too.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

No proof whatsoever he made contact with the head, but it stands anyway because they can't have the new tribunal guy becoming embattled two weeks into the job, straight after the AFL sold him up the river over Katie Brennan

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

No proof apart from HD slowmo footage showing his head making contact with Douglas' shoulder and a medical report saying he got knocked the gently caress out

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

NTRabbit posted:

No proof whatsoever he made contact with the head, but it stands anyway because they can't have the new tribunal guy becoming embattled two weeks into the job, straight after the AFL sold him up the river over Katie Brennan

:psyboom:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Get glasses or a dog or something and for God’s sake dont try to drive

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

No proof apart from HD slowmo footage showing his head making contact with Douglas' shoulder and a medical report saying he got knocked the gently caress out

Not a single bit of footage every showed his shoulder hitting his head, in contrast every single bit of footage did show him making contact with his shoulder and armpit. So what if Merrett got knocked out, the bump itself was legitimate and should not have been cited. The worst of the AFLs outcome directed processes.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
You’re getting worse, NTRabbit. Are you ok?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Not a single bit of footage every showed his shoulder hitting his head, in contrast every single bit of footage did show him making contact with his shoulder and armpit. So what if Merrett got knocked out, the bump itself was legitimate and should not have been cited. The worst of the AFLs outcome directed processes.

The video clearly shows his head jerking back before anything impacts the rest of his body.

Also

Solemn Sloth posted:

Get glasses or a dog or something and for God’s sake dont try to drive

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The league is a total farce of directed outcomes and tone deaf spin, and it won't be fixed until they empty out AFL House and start from scratch.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

The league is a total farce of directed outcomes and tone deaf spin, and it won't be fixed until they empty out AFL House and start from scratch.

I agree 100% but this suspension is not an example of it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

I agree 100% but this suspension is not an example of it.

The original finding wasn't, but the tribunal decision absolutely was.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

The original finding wasn't, but the tribunal decision absolutely was.

No it wasn't. They looked at the same bit of video, saw Merrett still got hit in the head and as a result they stuck with the suspension.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
There was another bumper on the grassy knoll

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

(((AFL House))) you mean.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This season I've decided to become chill and detached and not emotionally invested in football and let me tell you I do not like the culture of the Adelaide Football Club supporter base

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

racing identity posted:

This season I've decided to become chill and detached and not emotionally invested in football and let me tell you I do not like the culture of the Adelaide Football Club supporter base

why what's wrong with it