Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

lol jim mora is a trash coach and prob a trash dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Have we considered that Jim Mora is not praising Sam Darnold in that quote, but rather insulting Cleveland?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's not that smart.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He’s saying that Cleveland hates Jews.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
like father like son!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Its more likely Rosen begged Mora to say something that makes him avoid Cleveland.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

will allen have as good of an nfl career as rex grossman

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

A superbowl apperance and a TFF avatar buying campaign?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

But seriously when’s the last time a college coach trashed his QB before the draft? Pete Carroll and Mark Sanchez?

Jimbo Fisher told NFL guys not to draft EJ Manual until the 3rd round at the earliest, then the Bills happened.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why would a college coach ever poo poo on one of his players in public... I don't get the incentive structure.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

R.D. Mangles posted:

Absolutely not

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the titans should draft the best player in the entire draft at their pick imo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

I watched some videos of Harold Landry and I think I like that pick even less now. Almost every single sack I saw was from him outrunning the tackle around the edge, he never shows any actual pass rushing technique or strength, it's just pure speed. Just feels like he's going to hit a wall in the NFL when he's up against tackles who can keep up with him, without the tools to fight them.

It's funny because Voch Lombardi called out NFL Network's take on Harold Landry and then showed all this film where Landry absolutely destroys people with strength and pass rushing technique. His real knock is his size since he is a bit small and he's also not much of a coverage guy. But he's got pass rushing chops and great hands that are all about strength and displacing linemen so I'm not sure what videos you're watching.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Not really. Carroll wanted Sanchez to stay because Barkley was a true freshman and Aaron Corp sucked. He told the media that he wasn’t ready for the NFL.

https://youtu.be/UcGCMZKniks

He was wrong for the wrong reasons. Sanchez was NFL ready but should have went back to enjoy another year in USC as top dog because he was a lovely rear end QB. Should have rightfully been a top 200 pick but top 10 was insane. His NFL draft profile is still the stuff of legends for how incredibly bad and inaccurate it was. It's like someone paid a ton of pundits to talk him up during USC's glory days. I mean look at this:

NFL Network posted:

Positives: Ascending talent whose intangibles for the position are just as impressive as his physical tools. ... Cerebral. ... Reads defenses well and rarely throws into coverage. ... Goes through his progression quickly and takes what the defense gives him. ... Recognizes the blitz very well for a player of his experience and often targets the defenses' weak link when being blitzed. ... Good setup and a smooth, over-the-top delivery. ... Legitimate NFL arm strength. ... Capable of making every NFL throw, including the deep ball. ... Rather than relying on pure arm strength, Sanchez combines good velocity with rare anticipation, especially for a player of his limited experience. ... Consistently releases his passes before his receivers have even made their breaks, giving the defense little time to react. ... Distributes the ball all over the field. ... Good short-, medium-, and long-range accuracy. ... Consistently places his passes where only his receiver can get it and throws a very catchable ball. ... When healthy, showed very surprising mobility for his size. ... Can evade the pass rush and will scramble if the defense gives free yards. ... Rare accuracy on the rollout. ... Squares his shoulders and can fire the ball with consistency and accuracy. ... Team captain. ... Blue-collar work ethic.

It's like they never watched him at all in college.

Edit: I didn't realize I was calling out NFL Network twice in two different responses but I'm starting to notice a pattern with NFL Network draft profiles (they're made up horseshit)

Doltos fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 27, 2018

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

no one will ever surpass the sex cannon

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

I watched some videos of Harold Landry and I think I like that pick even less now. Almost every single sack I saw was from him outrunning the tackle around the edge, he never shows any actual pass rushing technique or strength, it's just pure speed. Just feels like he's going to hit a wall in the NFL when he's up against tackles who can keep up with him, without the tools to fight them.

I misread that as Harold Lauder.

Sequel to the Stand going to weird places.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doltos posted:

It's funny because Voch Lombardi called out NFL Network's take on Harold Landry and then showed all this film where Landry absolutely destroys people with strength and pass rushing technique. His real knock is his size since he is a bit small and he's also not much of a coverage guy. But he's got pass rushing chops and great hands that are all about strength and displacing linemen so I'm not sure what videos you're watching.

It was a bunch of highlights from 2016, I don't have the patience or interest to go through actual game tape. I just don't want the Packers to get burned yet again on another highly drafted DL.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SKULL.GIF posted:

It was a bunch of highlights from 2016, I don't have the patience or interest to go through actual game tape. I just don't want the Packers to get burned yet again on another highly drafted DL.

Check out Marcus Davenport, could be an alternative and may end up being better.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Jim Mora Jr. Is a goddamn piss baby

I wish my dad was good at something so I can just ride his name and be a giant floundering piss baby

Instead I gotta live in a world where Jim Mora Jr gets paid millions of dollars to run his piss rear end.mouth

gently caress

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's usually better to check out the latest body of work and use past years to frame your mind on how they developed during their college stint. I also understand not wanting to watch tape but it usually is a prerequisite before analyzing a prospect. Like you can say a guy sucks and that's fine but if you start going into it talking about the breakdown of his game without watching his game then there's a disconnect there.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
I like Landry because physically he is a mashup of Tj watt and DeMarcus Lawrence and I like Davenport because physically he is a mashup of a bear and a tiger

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I'd be way more skeptical of Davenport than Landry, Landry did high caliber things against NFL caliber talent (just watch his tape from the Clemson games the last 2 years). Davenport is all potential, I think his all star showing is indicative of what he is; which is a guy that will need a lot of development and shouldn't be expected to contribute regularly early on in his career. Landry I think you can count on to walk into the building and be able to do all the stuff you want a player at that position to be able to do.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want to be a Davenport skeptic because I was prepared to write him off as some overrated tall guy after the combine but that guy really can ball. He's got a hell of a bull rush and is violent as gently caress. Big knocks on him are his competition because holy cow those OTs he faced sucked balls and he also completely runs out of gas in every game I watched. He also looked really slow in the positional drills after putting up really good measurable drills. I think he just needs conditioning work because he's got a lot of power in his legs and arms. Just a pure downhill bulldozer of a DE.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Doltos posted:

I want to be a Davenport skeptic because I was prepared to write him off as some overrated tall guy after the combine but that guy really can ball. He's got a hell of a bull rush and is violent as gently caress. Big knocks on him are his competition because holy cow those OTs he faced sucked balls and he also completely runs out of gas in every game I watched. He also looked really slow in the positional drills after putting up really good measurable drills. I think he just needs conditioning work because he's got a lot of power in his legs and arms. Just a pure downhill bulldozer of a DE.

This. Stephen White’s breakdown of him for SB nation was pretty fascinating. Guy has some monstrous power and a long-arm and counter that exploit it, and he produced. The problem will always be that he was turfing guys who are either 30 pounds too light or 2 steps too slow at tackle. I have to imagine the conditioning won’t be quite as difficult to fix jumping cusa to nfl at least. He clearly has a motor, just nothing powering it for the last 20 minutes of game clock.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I like Stephen White's breakdowns a lot, and I think Davenport can be a really good NFL player for those reasons, but I also think some of that lack of polish and competition concerns rightly should put him below guys like Chubb and Landry.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/979088791892787203

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It’s because Lamar is black and gosh darn it that tall big white boy just looks like a leader don’t he?

All the poo poo is bullshit.

Here’s my hot take. Lamar Jackson will do better than Josh Allen but not be given credit for it.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I don't think a draft has ever been stressful as it is for a team that has the 12th pick in a QB loaded draft and whose starting QB is AJ loving McCarron and Nate Peterman.

I feel like a Houston Texans fan but now even they have a good QB.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They're both going to be warm poo poo served on a ceramic plate and some small school Jesus humper is going to light up everyone.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

pasaluki posted:

I don't think a draft has ever been stressful as it is for a team that has the 12th pick in a QB loaded draft and whose starting QB is AJ loving McCarron and Nate Peterman.

That's a fair view, but consider trading away 4 high picks to grab what will probably be Josh Allen. Have fun when Lamar Jackson falls into your lap.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

pasaluki posted:

I'm just getting blackout drunk everyday for the next month to survive the anxiety

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Poona Ford did well at pro day today and it's a loving shame he didn't get a combine invite

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Y'all sleepin on AJ the goat quote me in a year

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Quantum Shart posted:

I'm just getting blackout drunk everyday for the next month to survive the anxiety

Same.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Allen said his two favorite artists were Bon Jovi and the Eagles.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

fsif posted:

He should go play for the Soul then

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

fsif posted:

Just when I thought I couldn't like him any less as a prospect.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed/status/979362923234635779

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Clayton Thorston is a top 5 pick in 2019 mock drafts HELL YEA

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

So who's at the top of the leaderboard this year in the most meaningful stat: coolest/funniest names? There were some all-timers in 2017, like Jake Butt, Corn Elder, and Taco Charlton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
There is an OT called Cole Boozer, who I misread as Cool Boozer.

Pretty poor year for cool names.

• Locked thread